Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw.....

4 posters

Go down

The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... Empty The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw.....

Post by noleisthebest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 am

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... Empty Re: The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw.....

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:19 am

laverfan

Back to top Go down

The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw..... Empty Re: The Knee Saga: What The Doctor Saw.....

Post by noleisthebest Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:21 pm

It is progressive degeneration.

According to medical web sites, if the type of treatment Nadal is using now does not work then surgery may be advised. This may involve the complete or partial removal of the fat pad itself.

I wonder if this is inexorable going to lead to worse issues. This procedure may have to be repeated and gradually will lead to loss of movement. He has better qualified doctors than someone like me who has some theoretical knowledge and anecdotal experience. Let us see what happens in Sep (DC).

It is important during surgery to remove just the right amount of impinging fat tissues and not remove too much. If done properly, you should be able to go back to some running at 2 to 3 months after the surgery.

Excessive removal of the fat pad can cause scarring of the front of the knee giving rise to pain in the front of the knee whenever you start to run. This pain usually goes off after a while but the knee may feel swollen and uncomfortable subsequently.

orthopaedicsports.com/2011/03/16/hoffas-syndrome-fat-pad-impingement-syndrome-a-cause-of-anterior-knee-pain/

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:02 pm

theaustralian.com.au/sport/nadal-on-brink-of-oblivion-as-his-greatest-fear-arrives/story-e6frg7mf-1226452902007

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm

laverfan wrote:theaustralian.com.au/sport/nadal-on-brink-of-oblivion-as-his-greatest-fear-arrives/story-e6frg7mf-1226452902007

Okay I'm now crying a river listening to this sad Nadal's story. headhurts

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:47 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
laverfan wrote:theaustralian.com.au/sport/nadal-on-brink-of-oblivion-as-his-greatest-fear-arrives/story-e6frg7mf-1226452902007

Okay I'm now crying a river listening to this sad Nadal's story. headhurts

Raiders... I am not expecting any sympathy? Winking I can only offer a tissue to wipe the tears you have already shed? It is very surprising that you (and Tenez) get so emotionally distraught on the subject of Nadal. This is life, you deal with cards you get.

My work with Autistic and Down Syndrome children has taught me to be thankful for little things, like walking to a night stand without the lights, picking up a glass of water and drinking it without spilling water on the floor, and putting it back on the night stand, and getting back into the bed, without waking up the parents. It is a marvellous emotion to see such little triumphs and six years of patience. If you want to cry, you can do so now. Winking

PS: Grateful for all players who have relatively injury-free careers, like Federer.

Last edited by laverfan on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Im guessing that was taken from Nadal's autobiography?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Veejay wrote:

Yes, it is.

espn.go.com/tennis/usopen11/story/_/id/6896793/us-open-twenty-things-learn-rafael-nadal-autobiography

Does that make this unreliable information on the internet? Whistle

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:02 pm

laverfan wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Yes, it is.

espn.go.com/tennis/usopen11/story/_/id/6896793/us-open-twenty-things-learn-rafael-nadal-autobiography

Does that make this unreliable information on the internet? Whistle

Im not really interested in knowing anything else about Nadal's personal life,Im sure his fans are dying to know that he likes chocolate chip cookies but I could care less

What time are the matches starting?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:04 pm

What we knew: At the moment, Nadal doesn't seem to have a game plan against Novak Djokovic.
What we learned: He doesn't have one. "With Federer, the rule is always to keep patiently plugging away, knowing you'll force him sooner or later to mistakes. With Djokovic, there is no clear tactical plan. It is simply a question of playing at your very best, with maximum intensity and aggression," Nadal writes. "But there is one thing. If you make him receive the ball at shoulder height, you make him uncomfortable, you make him guess, put him off his stride."

What we knew: After defeating Djokovic in the U.S. Open final last year, Nadal implied his box had told him where to serve on match point, telling El Pais, "They told me to serve wide and that's where I served."
What we learned: Nadal repeats this suggestion, writing that he looked at his box for support and "served wide to the forehand as instructed," but doesn't elaborate.

What we knew: His prematch routines and jumping around come across as stalling and gamesmanship.
What we learned: Even his friends wonder what it is all about. "I don't think he would ever admit it, and I've never asked him about it, but I do believe he does deliberately intimidate rivals," says fellow Mallorcan and mentor Carlos Moya.

(NITB should feel vindicated. Winking ).

There is much more.

Can I ask indulgence and have NITB/ROTLA/Veejay/Tenez read the book? It may provide a more reasonable platform for future discussions. Winking (I wonder if I will hear a lot of grinding teeth. Laugh ).

Last edited by laverfan on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Veejay wrote:

What time are the matches starting?

1pm ET (about five minutes ago..)

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Im not spending money on Nadal,if someone is willing to mail me a copy for free then I will consider reading it,but theres no way I am going out and buying it
I have no respect for Nadal,so he doesnt deserve my hard earned cash

Gotta say those are good "what we learned" points Laverfan...His autobiography sounds like it has a lot more that would interest me and a few others then just reading more about his injuries
If there is much more and you are willing to share Laverfan...please dont hesitate to Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Veejay wrote:Im not spending money on Nadal,if someone is willing to mail me a copy for free then I will consider reading it,but theres no way I am going out and buying it
I have no respect for Nadal,so he doesnt deserve my hard earned cash

Gotta say those are good "what we learned" points Laverfan...His autobiography sounds like it has a lot more that would interest me and a few others then just reading more about his injuries
If there is much more and you are willing to share Laverfan...please dont hesitate to Big Grin

Do you have a public library that will lend you a copy for free for your reading pleasure? Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:09 pm

I forgot libraries exist...I will go and had a look if my local one has a copy

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Veejay wrote:I forgot libraries exist...I will go and had a look if my local one has a copy

Thumbs Up.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum