Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis

5 posters

Go down

Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis Empty Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 am

Federer...33 soon has a history of bad back, built like a retired snooker player with arms like needles is experimenting a new racquet. Worse he is irresistibly attracted to the net like kamikazes zeroing on US ships and has just hired a coach who is going to send him to the net knowing that the last player who won a slam rushing to the net was last century.

Nadal can only win...if he doesn't he must be the worst number 1 we have ever had cause I cannot imagine Nadal winning a slam at 32 with a bad back against the then number 1.

In fact for the sake of tennis and its credibility I might even cheer for Nadal tomorrow.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis Empty Re: Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:35 am

He's injured, he has a blister.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis Empty Re: Very old player with a bad back and a new disproportioned racket will face the beast of tennis

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am

Anyway currently in the top 20 can beat this injured Nadal.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:40 am

I'm really tired, off to bed, will sleep through the match probably.
No doubt the Fed fans when Roger wins will be gloating a victory against an injured Nadal when I wake up.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:42 am

Well, I didn't have heart to spell out the obvious...but now that you have... there is nothing to say but face the sad but inevitable truth: it's one thing to be an idealistic fool and want the impossible to happen, but the cruel reality of an old player with this serious back injury that can come back any minute is making me rethink certain things...
What's a tiny blister with all those muscles to cover up for it?
And what does Fed have to cover ip for his back, talent?
Some even say there is no such a thing....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:I'm really tired, off to bed, will sleep through the match probably.
No doubt the Fed fans when Roger wins will be gloating a victory against an injured Nadal when I wake up.

You know how much we'd love it to be true, but it just can't happen. After all what is their H2H?
No Amri, you'll be coming here gloating....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:I'm really tired, off to bed, will sleep through the match probably.

You know how much we'd love it to be true, but it just can't happen. After all what is their H2H?
No  Amri, you'll be coming here gloating....

I'd rather gloat than come up with ways to devalue a win for a player over Nadal.  The latter is far more shameful.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 am

Amri can't stand the heat, too many exhausting long rallies tonight! Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Tenez wrote:
Nadal can only win...if he doesn't he must be the worst number 1 we have ever had cause I cannot imagine Nadal winning a slam at 32 with a bad back against the then number 1.
You're right!
The Federer who beat Tsonga & Murray back to back didn’t turn up today. We saw a totally different and relatively deflated Roger already in the 4th game of the 1st set. Of course, after the draining Tsonga and Murray matches, it’d be rather unfair and unrealistic to expect the Old Man with a bad back to still have what it takes physically and mentally to fight and win another tough battle vs any top player, not just nadal.

In fact, the disinterested way he played and lost today is similar to the final he lost in Brisbane vs Hewlett. One big difference being that we didn’t expect Hewlett to beat him but today, a #1 player in his prime 5 years younger is fully expected to beat a spent force not so much playing but just going thru the motion minus the intensity need to just render the match competitive, let alone winning it.

Despite the loss, Fed has exceeded expectation by reaching the semi and defended his points from last year. I think if he had played Warwrinka today he’d have lost too. Let’s hope Warwri can finish off nadal where Fed left us.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down