Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nalbandian retires :( EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nalbandian retires :( EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nalbandian retires :(

+2
N2D2L
luvsports!
6 posters

Go down

Nalbandian retires :( Empty Nalbandian retires :(

Post by luvsports! Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Due to a shoulder injury.

I will remember him for his insane talent and THAT backhand.
SUch a shame he didn't have the consistency or mental strength of feds as imo they were the closest match talent wise.
I will miss his game greatly.

How will you remember David?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Nalbandian retires :( Empty Re: Nalbandian retires :(

Post by N2D2L Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:24 pm

I think you've summed it up well there LS, didn't have the mental strength when he needed it to fulfil his potential.

Talent wise I think he's right up there, considerably behind Nadal, but I'd say equal with if not just below Federer.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Injuries really didn't help either.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Yes, he had hip as well as shoulder problems didn't he?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:40 pm

as well as knee, abdominal, leg & back injuries. Sad

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 pm

btw i know you are trying to get people to bit with that nadal statement and I may or may not be able to hold back a sardonic response. stay tuned.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:51 pm

I don't mind his retirement as much as seeing so much talent wasted by constant injuries and other mental issues.

However he contributed to some great matches and won some of them in style. I liked him a lot.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 am

I was hearing earlier today that Nalbandian was not only retiring, but as a tribute would choose the most talented player he had ever played to take part in some exhibition matches with him.
I wonder who he will choose? cupid 

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:06 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:Talent wise I think he's right up there, considerably behind Nadal, but I'd say equal with if not just below Federer.
Have you measured Renshaw Brothers' talent lately? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 am

I have never been a great fan of Nalbandian, not sure why, because he was a smooth as it comes and played all court tennis.
Although the world raves about his BH, I think he should have played it with one hand.

As someone said once:
When a player picks up a racquet with two hands, it's like when a Prima ballerina starts dancing on her heels instead of tiptoes...

That minor grudge aside, I think most of Nalby fans will like this write-up on him, I particularly liked the link chosen Winking
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/10/talented-mr-nalbandian/49334/

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 am

Nadal was quite lucky in FO 2007 not to have Nalby in his draw cause Nalby played amazing that year on clay. He only lost to Federer due to abs injury but Federer's game could cause Nalby much more trouble than Nadal could. The one trick poney that Nadal was then would have most likely been very easily found out by Nalby.

Sure ...coulda shoulda woulda ....but that bagel Nadal takes in that Paris master is no "woulda"!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:31 am

I suppose one of the reasons Nalbandian is in my bad books is he let Nadal win one of those Mickey Mouse 250 clay tournaments in Latin America early this year.

He was beating him easily and then just tanked the rest of the match.
And I stayed up to watch it Angry

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Each to their own, but i am a huge fan of david and I can't quite see why you don't like him nitb.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Tenez wrote:Nadal was quite lucky in FO 2007 not to have Nalby in his draw cause Nalby played amazing that year on clay. He only lost to Federer due to abs injury but Federer's game could cause Nalby much more trouble than Nadal could. The one trick poney that Nadal was then would have most likely been very easily found out by Nalby.

Sure ...coulda shoulda woulda ....but that bagel Nadal takes in that Paris master is no "woulda"!
Nalby gave feds a lot of trouble throughout his career 2bh. 
He won their first five meetings i believe.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Tenez wrote:Nadal was quite lucky in FO 2007 not to have Nalby in his draw cause Nalby played amazing that year on clay. He only lost to Federer due to abs injury but Federer's game could cause Nalby much more trouble than Nadal could. The one trick poney that Nadal was then would have most likely been very easily found out by Nalby.

So did Murray...which was at the same time pathetic, the way he though he'd get into his "head" and killed himself to beat Federer in Shanghai TMC RR stage although he didn't need the win...only to be trounced by him a few months later in AO and utter that famous line: I can cry like Roger, I wish I could play like him...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:18 pm

I don't put nalby and murray anywhere near together talent wise and I don't compare them either so I don't agree with your post.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:02 pm

luvsports! wrote:

Oh yeah....Federer included. Fed was always on the wrong end of their first 7 meetings I believe even if some were really close. But after 2003 the table turned....most of the time.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:08 pm

I remember that run of weeks when nalby won the madrid and paris masters back to back.
Some of the best tennis i've ever seen.
He beat fedal back to back as well as beating djokovic, berdych, ferrer, moya and gasquet. Unreal tennis, just a joy to watch.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Tenez wrote:I don't mind his retirement as much as seeing so much talent wasted by constant injuries and other mental issues.

However he contributed to some great matches and won some of them in style. I liked him a lot.
I share the same sentiments. He just no longer could even compete at the pro level. A great player to watch, win or loss he could produce magic like no other.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:57 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't mind his retirement as much as seeing so much talent wasted by constant injuries and other mental issues.

I share the same sentiments. He just no longer could even compete at the pro level. A great player to watch, win or loss he could produce magic like no other.
No way was he anywhere near Federer in any aspect of the game, starting with the BH...you are all  getting carried away here a bit...I liked him too, but never enough to be excited. I suppose what I liked best about him is the promise/hope of beating Nadal every time they played.
A DBH-er game is very limited in aesthetics for me, although Nalby did well with it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Yes NITB I can see why you are critical of Nalbandian's DHBH, it's not like you support a player with a DHBH or anything...

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Yes NITB I can see why you are critical of Nalbandian's DHBH, it's not like you support a player with a DHBH or anything...
Talking of BH, how did your commissioned c&p article on SBH v /DBH for that sports website go?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:31 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:Yes NITB I can see why you are critical of Nalbandian's DHBH, it's not like you support a player with a DHBH or anything...
Talking of BH, how did your commissioned c&p  article on SBH v /DBH for that sports website go?
Copy and paste from who??
If I wrote some of your ridiculous analysis I would be instantly fired that's for sure Laugh 

Here it is:
http://www.sportpulse.net/content/single-handed-backhand-really-facing-extinction-tennis-11365
(I was working with my colleague in the project btw; I wrote the first bits with the stats analysis and 'benefits' while my colleague wrote the last section about the future of the shot ).

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Talking of BH, how did your commissioned c&p  article on SBH v /DBH for that sports website go?
If I wrote some of your ridiculous analysis I would be instantly fired that's for sure Laugh 

Here it is:
http://www.sportpulse.net/content/single-handed-backhand-really-facing-extinction-tennis-11365
(I was working with my colleague in the project btw; I wrote the first bits with the stats analysis and 'benefits' while my colleague wrote the last section about the future of the shot ).
Sorry JS, but that was an utter waste of time.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:56 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Here it is:
Sorry JS,  but that was an utter waste of time.
It's received a really positive response from people who actually know about tennis, so I'm ok with that.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm

The article actually broke our tennis readership record in terms of no. of shares. 
It is worth bearing in mind though that most of the readers will not necessarily be experts on tennis, so we are actively discouraged (by editors) to make any article too technical.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:The article actually broke our tennis readership record in terms of no. of shares. 
It is worth bearing in mind though that most of the readers will not necessarily be experts on tennis, so we are actively discouraged (by editors) to make any article too technical.
I suppose you've got to start somewhere.
Problem is, having a (personal) blog seems to be fashion these days and every Tom, Dick and Harry is having one regurgitating well-known facts, saying nothing.
My advice is to be passionate about it.
Write about something you really care and know a lot about. And drum it in hard. Be brave and personal. You need to stand out, have a distinct,personal style, as well, not be just another bland page with a few photos to make it look "legit".
In today's flood of information, less can be more. Quality v quantity.
If I were you, I'd run a Nadal blog. You like the guy and you could tell "the world" many things they don't see or notice.
Even if it's your belief that he doesn't dope. Try to convince the world and don't give up until he gets found Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

I write what my editors tell me to write.
There are ground rules, I can't be too critical of any player (especially Federer), and I can't be biased.

No lol I'm not starting up a Nadal blog- Woofie has that covered.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down