Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open?

3 posters

Go down

open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? Empty How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open?

Post by N2D2L Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Novak Djokovic- The world number 1 has been inconsistent in the North American hard court season so far, losing to Nadal and Isner. He has come up with patches of brilliance, the highlight being his match against Gasquet, but seems slightly edgy in big points sometimes. He will look to improve his form and reclaim the title he won in 2011.

Rafael Nadal- The world number 2 has been in impressive form recently- winning both Montreal and Cincinnati. His best match was a fantastic win over Djokovic in Montreal, and also played some great tennis against Federer in Cincinnati. Despite going in with confidence to the USO it will be interesting to see how he can cope with what has already been a busy schedule.

Andy Murray- This is virtually perfect preparation for Andy Murray- nothing seems to get him revved up for a slam these days than two poor performances in the Masters. He was routined by Gulbis in Montreal, before being outclassed by Berdych in Cincinnati. These are dangerous signs for his rivals, they must now beware.

David Ferrer- He's been in very poor form and will struggle to defend his semi points from last year.

Tomas Berdych- Came back from a surprise defeat to Posposil in Montreal to play well in Cincinnati. Beat Murray but fell short against Nadal in straight sets. Tomas is a dangerman in the USO, and I would not be surprised if he reached the semis or did even better.

Juan Martin Del Potro- He has been struggling with back injury and looks unlikely to make the final rounds at the USO. If he can get rid of his injury struggles he can be very dangerous as he showed in 2009.

Roger Federer- Played the best match of his year so far in Cincinnati against Rafa, but on the whole if form has dipped significantly this year. Will need a combination of a good draw and good form to contend for USO.

Jo-Wilfred Tsonga- He will miss the USO due to injury.

So, who is your pick?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? Empty Re: How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open?

Post by noleisthebest Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Looking at USO, as that's the tournament top players have been trying to peak for, I say all "big 4" look good despite results since Wimbledon, and there I mean both good ones ( Nadal) and not so good ones ( everyone else).
Although Berd can have a food run, he is simply a choker, Delpo on the other hand, the only one outside top 4 who has a real chance, but has to be very focused.

Draw will be crucial for Federer, his would be ideal to be in Ferrer's quarter and Nole's half.

I'd like to see Murray take on Nadal on Ashe.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

open - How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open? Empty Re: How are the top 8 looking ahead of the US Open?

Post by Tenez Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:19 pm

NITB wrote:
Draw will be crucial for Federer, his would be ideal to be in Ferrer's quarter and Nole's half.

I'd like to see Murray take on Nadal on Ashe.
Yes that is what I would like to see too.....But I still doubt Federer can get past a few rounds yet.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down