Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread

+9
truffin1
BlueClay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
summerblues
Tenez
sphairistike
paulcz
gallery play
noleisthebest
13 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread

Post by paulcz Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Does anybody know what the wind should be tomorrow in Paris? Are here any Parisians?
I'm not a Parisian, but I heard Hurricane Nole is to strike at noon tomorrow Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 4006036031
Nitb, you are right, that I have also heard. Supposedly that Hurricane Nole will be also followed with the earthquake Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 4006036031

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:14 pm

http://france.meteofrance.com/france/meteo?PREVISIONS_PORTLET.path=previsionsdept%2FDEPT75%2F20130607210000V

Quite sunny with a 20km wind. About 12mph. Not too bad....Not hat great either.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Tenez wrote:http://france.meteofrance.com/france/meteo?PREVISIONS_PORTLET.path=previsionsdept%2FDEPT75%2F20130607210000V

Quite sunny with a 20km wind. About 12mph. Not too bad....Not hat great either.
Hopefully there will be no sudden gusts of wind.
I played tennis today and wind was horrible. Nearly no feeling of the ball, bad timing, too many shanks. It is really bad to play outside in that bad windy conditions.
Perhaps the wind stays calm for tomorrow, that is my only wish for that match except the result, of course Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 4006036031

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Yes wind can play an important role when facing Nadal. As he stands way back he hits the ball at its slowest/easiest pace and gives it so much margin that the chances of UEs are close to nil.

As mentioned, Nadal is not bothered much by where he places the ball, he cares about giving it enough spin to bother his opponents timing...and if the ball can be carried hazardly by the wind...even better.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes wind can play an important role when facing Nadal. As he stands way back he hits the ball at its slowest/easiest pace and gives it so much margin that the chances of UEs are close to nil.

As mentioned, Nadal is not bothered much by where he places the ball, he cares about giving it enough spin to bother his opponents timing...and if the ball can be carried hazardly by the wind...even better.

Yes, he is like a hybrid crop immune to everything...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I think the conditions will be perfect tomorrow.

Not too dry and not too damp, Chatrier shelters the court from wind pretty well with those thick, tall, concrete walls, so it really needs to be very, very windy outside those walls to have an undesired effect on the play.
Mybe just a bit of breeze, that's nothing just some nice natural aircon smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:39 pm

For me, this match is so monumental for many reasons, I can't imagine there won't be a trophy presentation after it!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes wind can play an important role when facing Nadal. As he stands way back he hits the ball at its slowest/easiest pace and gives it so much margin that the chances of UEs are close to nil.

That is all about Nadal, the worse conditions the better for him. Let's hope that the game will be dependant on the game and will be in hands of the proper player. Every proper fan knows who it is. Good night to all proper tennis fans and Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 3157886161Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 2774444739 for the best player atm, who is nobody else than NoleMatch of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 151447854

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:59 am

noleisthebest wrote:Don't listen to Tenez, SB, take the day off, it will be worth it Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 1071211947
Did not listen to him Winking. Taking tomorrow off and quite looking forward to the match. I hope Nole can do it. I actually expect him to win relatively easily - likely in 4 sets, if not in straights. I just do not see a game plan for Rafa that would work, as long as Nole is playing well. But, Rafa has won here 7 times, while Nole not once so far, so maybe I am wrong after all. I will certainly be rooting for Nole, but will not be emotionally invested much either way - will just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

If Nole does win, I will most likely root against him on Sunday - probably even if it is against Ferrer. certainly if it is against Jo.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:00 am

noleisthebest wrote:Usain Bolt to present the Coupe des Mousquetaires!
Interesting choice.

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/8760798/French-Open-Usain-Bolt-to-present-the-Coupe-des-Mousquetaires

Will he be presenting it on Sunday or after tomorrow's match?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 am

summerblues wrote:
Did not listen to him Winking. Taking tomorrow off and quite looking forward to the match. I hope Nole can do it. I actually expect him to win relatively easily - likely in 4 sets, if not in straights.

Wise choice! Cool
I've got 3 hours to kill, and already have butterflies in the stomach, lump in the throat, fast heartbeat....
By the time the match comes, I'll be hiding in an old wardrobe in the garage Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 am

Looks like the temps are going to be cool and slightly breezy. Which actually works for both. So no excuse there.

EDIT: Actually, not that cool. 28C! I was looking at the morning temps. So advantage Nadal with high bounce and wind.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 am

Tenez wrote:Looks like the temps are going to be cool and slightly breezy. Which actually works for both. So no excuse there.

As it should be!

I wonder what both players are doing right now...I just finished writing a poem.

EDIT:

As it shouldn't be! (the high bounce) Grr

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 am

Is this going to be the prediction thread for day 13 or shall we have a separate one?
I haven't predicted the Tsonga Ferrer match yet.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 am

I suggest we use this one. Tsonga for me.

I am really worried in that over confidence. I'd say it;s a schoolboy error!

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2013-06-06/201306061370541959657.html

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 am

Tenez wrote:I suggest we use this one. Tsonga for me.

I am really worried in that over confidence. I'd say it;s a schoolboy error!

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2013-06-06/201306061370541959657.html

Oh, T, let him be, let the Dreamer fly Rose

I'll go for Tsonga, too.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 am

McEnroe gave an interview to a Serbian paper yesterday and (after agreeing with me this was the match of the year Winking ) said something interesting at the end:

"I think that Novak is the only player who can beat Nadal here. I haven't seen him do it in the best of 5 on clay yet and that's where his coach maybe needs to try and inspire him a bit more.
I know he's already got plenty of inspiration, but maybe a bit of something extra in his motivaton could help him."

So maybe, that's what this unusual confidence is. That extra bit to keep him going 100% during every moment of the match.
Hard task but there's no other way Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

I must say I find McEnroe's comments and judgement pretty average nowadays. He was such a knowledgeable commentator for me once but the more I listen to him the worse he gets.

To start with I do not think it has anything to do with motivation. They both have plenty of it. When you need to pull a great shot at key moments, how woudl motivation make you play that shot differently? Do we really think the player might think "Nah, I can't be bothered"?

It's actually about putting everything in perspective and stay cool, have a clear mind, quick thinking, fitness, etc....

Regarding his best of 5 comment he ignores the fact that the only proper "best of 5" played in one day was won by Djoko.

A bo5 played over 2 days is no different than a TMS where you can play 3 sets in the semi then 2 or 3 sets in the final.

Yesterday my stat was wrong actually as I thought that Nadal had won over 5 sets last year. It was 4 sets, corrects? So Nadal has least interest for it to get over 3 sets.

I'd say if Djoko wins one set out of the first 3, he wins.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:47 am

Tenez wrote:I must say I find McEnroe's comments and judgement pretty average nowadays. He was such a knowledgeable commentator for me once but the more I listen to him the worse he gets.

To start with I do not think it has anything to do with motivation. They both have plenty of it. When you need to pull a great shot at key moments, how woudl motivation make you play that shot differently? Do we really think the player might think "Nah, I can't be bothered"?

It's actually about putting everything in perspective and stay cool, have a clear mind, quick thinking, fitness, etc....

Regarding his best of 5 comment he ignores the fact that the only proper "best of 5" played in one day was won by Djoko.

A bo5 played over 2 days is no different than a TMS where you can play 3 sets in the semi then 2 or 3 sets in the final.

Yesterday my stat was wrong actually as I thought that Nadal had won over 5 sets last year. It was 4 sets, corrects? So Nadal has least interest for it to get over 3 sets.

I'd say if Djoko wins one set out of the first 3, he wins.

Knowing how Novak operates on court, I think extra bit of something could for example not allow him to lose focus as he almost always does once he bags a set or two against just about all players, incl Nadal.
With such high stakes in this match, Nadal will be feeling the same and fighting like he probably never has before, and probably banking on those moments of focus relaxation from Novak.
So, a bit of extra "grr" or however you want to call it will be fine. It's that kind of occasion.

It will be a roaring fire in the heart and a cool head on the shoulders for Novak. Just hope no pressure on those shoulders.
I hope the crowd senses it and responds.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Certainly but focus is not motivation. One loses focus while ahead cause of fatigue or over confidence....not lack of motivation....Unless you are playing the first round of an ATP250...after having won the FO.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Tenez wrote:Certainly but focus is not motivation. One loses focus while ahead cause of fatigue or over confidence....not lack of motivation....Unless you are playing the first round of an ATP250...after having won the FO.

I know where you are coming from.

I can't speak for the players as I have never experienced the kind of situation they are in.
But I know how important the state of mind is when you are going into a big battle, be it on the tennis court or some other "playground" of life.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:14 pm

I normally drink a glass of wine after the match, if it's a win, of course.
But since this is no "normal" match, I'm raising this glass of French white to Nole, the courage and the fire in the heart to take on whatever the match throws at him. Bubbly

IDEMO MAJSTOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:16 pm

And it's time to tune in and bravely fasten the seat belt diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm

...and the first thing I see is Nadal taking eternity to serve Angry

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm

What a first game! Nadal looks like he wants to party with long gruelling rallies whereas Djoko wants to be short to the "point".

The problem is regardless of how well Djoko starts.....he will be judged....when it gets tensed....down the lines when those winners will be harder to pull.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:20 pm

If Nole's play today has got anything to do with his childhood coach, he'll be really going for it and taking the ball flat. That's what she kept telling him to do.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Already 30s for 1st serve for Nadal ....and 44 for the 2nd serve! Absurd!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Tenez wrote:Already 30s for 1st serve for Nadal ....and 44 for the 2nd serve! Absurd!

I hate it! And those who allow it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Hope you're enjoying those volleys T Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Nadal already covering lots of ground. Not good for the longer match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Tenez wrote:Nadal already covering lots of ground. Not good for the longer match.
yes, Novak having to hit several "winners" in order to put him away, rally happy he is going for the placement and not the pace on most of those, obviously ready for the long haul.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Hope you're enjoying those volleys T Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 1071211947

I am more impressed by Djoko's composure really. He doesn't panick. He knows it's about execute relatively easy shots conssitently over a long period of time. As I said many players can make Nadal look poor on clay.....not many if many can make him look bad over a best of 5.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I find it amusing how Novak does to Nadal what he does to everyone else: bludgeons his BH.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Is it just me or has that moon-ball reached new "heights"?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Novak's returning is excellent, should try and capitalise on it, letting Nadal off the hook too easily with some UEs. better go for the angles than middle length atm if he can.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Hope you're enjoying those volleys T Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 2 1071211947

I am more impressed by Djoko's composure really. He doesn't panick. He knows it's about execute relatively easy shots conssitently over a long period of time. As I said many players can make Nadal look poor on clay.....not many if many can make him look bad over a best of 5.

I'm pretty composed so far,too, feel a bit cold that's all Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Wow....they are going for more than the usual.

Nice point to give Djoko another BP....long and fast forcing Nadal to go for an UE drop shot on the following one.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Nadal is very focused and tries his best to win that first set. He knows the longer the match...the less chance he'll get.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Tenez wrote:Nadal is very focused and tries his best to win that first set. He knows the longer the match...the less chance he'll get.
TB?

Ideally Nole breaks him in the 10th game.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Dear me, not easy to watch this!
Middle of first set and I'm already a mess Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Nadal breaking Djoko's BH and confidence little by little.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Wow, did you see that FH on the BP!!!!
GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Nole's BH not as sharp as it could be, come on Nole diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 pm

and the beast breaks...and surprisingly I am not that worried.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:56 pm

power, spin and wind are doing some damage. Djoko knows that this power will drop along the line...but he needs to recover composure.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Tenez wrote:power, spin and wind are doing some damage. Djoko knows that this power will drop along the line...but he needs to recover composure.

Yes, he is going for it atm, do you suggest "throwing in some rallies"?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 pm

The crowd being a bit average, must say.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Nadal looked just a bit "tired" in that last game, Nole should really go for him now if he can, engage him in some physical stuff.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm

I find Djoko a bit tamed and not in the mood to rally. Very worrying.

Since he had this slip up in the 4rth game? he has tried to shorten all points. Really bizarre.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Nole should've gone CC when Nadal slipped on his FH, a bit fuzzy right now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next