Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
How would Berdych make up a perfect player EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

How would Berdych make up a perfect player

5 posters

Go down

How would Berdych make up a perfect player Empty How would Berdych make up a perfect player

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Berd says that I would take Nole's move, Isner's serve, Nadal's backhand and Llodra's volleys and would
stay with my forehand. That is nice that he believes his FH How would Berdych make up a perfect player 3157886161

I do not think that his FH is the best because he needs a bit more time when he times FH. But when he has his time for timing the balls then his FH hitting especially higher balls from BL is really great.

He knows pretty well that without a superb move is impossible to get on the tennis top. He has matured recently, so I think that he will be a big threat for top 4 this season.

My pick on the best tennis parameters are a bit simplier: Nole's move, BH and stamina, Fed's FH and volleys and Isner's serve only due to his enormous height.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

How would Berdych make up a perfect player Empty Re: How would Berdych make up a perfect player

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 pm

paulcz wrote:Berd says that I would take Nole's move, Isner's serve, Nadal's backhand and Llodra's volleys and would
stay with my forehand.

Are you sure he wanted NADAL'S BACKHAND!!!!! How would Berdych make up a perfect player 563610107
If that's the case, he needs somebody else's brain, too, hopefully not Nadal's!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

How would Berdych make up a perfect player Empty Re: How would Berdych make up a perfect player

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

OK, let's be realistic here, then....If I was Berd's coach, I'd make him shed about 10kg, work on his serve and seriously improve his explosive footwork.
Once all that's done, I'd have him practise volleying for breakfast, lunch and dinner, have his girl tell him he's the best volleyer in the world for dessert, and you'd have Berd the dangerous man move forward and play some great all court tennis How would Berdych make up a perfect player 364988687.
Now, I don't know if that would make him a perfect player, but his game would be more deadly and he'd be really good to watch.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Berd says that I would take Nole's move, Isner's serve, Nadal's backhand and Llodra's volleys and would
stay with my forehand.

Are you sure he wanted NADAL'S BACKHAND!!!!! How would Berdych make up a perfect player 563610107
I needed to read at least five times to be sure about it, he probably did not feel well at this moment How would Berdych make up a perfect player 2786941968

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm

noleisthebest wrote:OK, let's be realistic here, then....If I was Berd's coach, I'd make him shed about 10kg, work on his serve and seriously improve his explosive footwork.
Once all that's done, I'd have him practise volleying for breakfast, lunch and dinner, have his girl tell him he's the best volleyer in the world for dessert, and you'd have Berd the dangerous man move forward and play some great all court tennis How would Berdych make up a perfect player 364988687.
Now, I don't know if that would make him a perfect player, but his game would be more deadly and he'd be really good to watch.

How would Berdych make up a perfect player 364988687 Nitb, exactly, you hit the nail on the head. Every kg less would make his move better. Not sure if then he would not loss his power, but he should surely give at least a try. Otherwise the giraffes players over 195cm are quite limited in all court tennis.
When we consider that Berd is heavier more than 10 kg vs. Nole, then a difference in their move is just comprehensible.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:35 pm

stay with my forehand. That is nice that he believes his FH How would Berdych make up a perfect player 3157886161

I do not think that his FH is the best because he needs a bit more time when he times FH. But when he has his time for timing the balls then his FH hitting especially higher balls from BL is really great.

He knows pretty well that without a superb move is impossible to get on the tennis top. He has matured recently, so I think that he will be a big threat for top 4 this season.

My pick on the best tennis parameters are a bit simplier: Nole's move, BH and stamina, Fed's FH and volleys and Isner's serve only due to his enormous height.

One thing for sure is no-one wants Berdych's brain.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
stay with my forehand.

YOu were there first...

I'd say, Rao/Karlo serve

And then for all the other shots and mouvements I'd take a doped version of Federer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

One of the tall players who's got very nice forward movement is Cilic.
He was really good a few years ago, esp the year when he knocked Murray out of USO, had simple but excellent compact game and then vanished....
And how can we forget serving at 5:1 and a set up against Murray THIS USO and choking it all away How would Berdych make up a perfect player 2786941968
There is really no substitute for brains in tennis. Very underrated commodity.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Sorry to say that but YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! Winking THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Doh For one, it seems Berdych doesn't like or respect Federer as a lot of stuff Fed has he wish he had. At least I liked the fact that Nadal wanted to have Fed's FH (and even serve he said at some point, IIRC) and Fed wanted Nadal's FH at the same time (running FH maybe?), found that funny, and they clearly respect each other (Nadal because he knows he'll never have Fed's talent, Fed because he knows Nadal owns him Sad). Berdych somehow doesn't like or respect Fed (maybe because of Wimbers 2010 when Fed said he lost cuz he was injured, as it was the case, and Berdych thought he was making up an excuse).

One thing is for sure, Berdych will never be able to be a threat for any of the top 4-5 bar Fed on a very good day for Berd but bad day for Fed. The reason is simple, he can "mature" all he wants, he is older than all the top 5 except Fed and Ferrer. Now Ferrer somehow likes being much shorter than his opponent and what I mean by that is the following, the closer to him in height his opponent is the more likely he is to lose to him (explains the super bad H2H vs. Fed and Nadal as those two are 6'1 vs. 5'9 which is almost the closest heights to his you find in top 10) and the taller the opponent is the less likely the opponent is to bother him, Murray is at 6'3 right on the border of that, then Berd, Del Po etc. cannot harm Ferrer somehow (except indoor maybe). So it leaves Fed as the only one in the top 4-5 that Berdych has a chance to improve on but even Fed had still been improving till this year, from now on though, who knows...

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 pm

noleisthebest wrote:...And how can we forget serving at 5:1 and a set up against Murray THIS USO and choking it all away How would Berdych make up a perfect player 2786941968

I saw that but I refuse to say "choking" v Nadal, Murray and Djoko. The pressure of messing up those key points is simply double (if not more) against those guys cause they know that if they do not cross the line now they will not cross it in the 4th and 5th. Which is certainly not a feeling Cilic or Stan for instance will have against all the other players on tour.

Cilic can choke v Stan, Federer or anybody else...but not when you know you won;t be given another chance....which is in effect playing v those 3 is about.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

We are talking SERVING AT 5:1!!!! It's not key points, like 6 all in a tie-breaker, facing break points on his serve at 4 all or stg...
What pressure could he possibly have at 5:1 and a set up, come on!
If can't win a set in that scenario that score, when can he?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

sphairistike wrote:...Berdych somehow doesn't like or respect Fed (maybe because of Wimbers 2010 when Fed said he lost cuz he was injured, as it was the case, and Berdych thought he was making up an excuse).
...yep yep.....Berdych seems jaleous to me.

One thing is for sure, Berdych will never be able to be a threat for any of the top 4-5 bar Fed on a very good day for Berd but bad day for Fed. The reason is simple, he can "mature" all he wants, he is older than all the top 5 except Fed and Ferrer. Now Ferrer somehow likes being much shorter than his opponent and what I mean by that is the following, the closer to him in height his opponent is the more likely he is to lose to him (explains the super bad H2H vs. Fed and Nadal as those two are 6'1 vs. 5'9 which is almost the closest heights to his you find in top 10) and the taller the opponent is the less likely the opponent is to bother him, Murray is at 6'3 right on the border of that, then Berd, Del Po etc. cannot harm Ferrer somehow (except indoor maybe). So it leaves Fed as the only one in the top 4-5 that Berdych has a chance to improve on but even Fed had still been improving till this year, from now on though, who knows...

Good point.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

noleisthebest wrote:One of the tall players who's got very nice forward movement is Cilic.
He was really good a few years ago, esp the year when he knocked Murray out of USO, had simple but excellent compact game and then vanished....
And how can we forget serving at 5:1 and a set up against Murray THIS USO and choking it all away How would Berdych make up a perfect player 2786941968

I also saw that match and Cilic was till this score much better player on the court and then his game totally collapsed. We can just speculate if that was due to brain/nerves or stamina. These two always go hand in hand.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Here's a question:

Is it ok to say you lost a match because you were injured?
I mean, you can be injured and that can be the reason, but I think it's best if it's kept to oneself. It really takes away from the opponent's win unnecessarily.
Nadal is the worst because he has never really lost a match, it's only his knees that did it.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:We are talking SERVING AT 5:1!!!! It's not key points, like 6 all in a tie-breaker, facing break points on his serve at 4 all or stg...

It happened to Federer v Nadal a few times....even 5/1 SP (Hamburg 08). And Federer is pretty cool under pressure. BUt the thing is suddenly you can lose it....if you are a risk take with thin margins. It's a completely different game if you play with huge margins....

How many MPs did Djoko "choke" in Madrid 08 v Nadal? Wasn't he 5/2 up in the FO final this year either? Nadal, Murray and Djoko now play without thin margins and that is why they hardly choke.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't know why you bring all these other players and their choking now, I only mentioned Cilic and this match as an illustration of how even with a good game, movement etc you still need brains.
And I don't think it's all necessarily all to do with the margins, there is something in the character and courage, as well.
Some players play "properly" some just "slap" their returns....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8tmtOFDVE

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:40 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Here's a question:

Is it ok to say you lost a match because you were injured?
I mean, you an be injured and that can be the reason, but I think it's best if it's kept to oneself. It really takes away from the opponent's win unnecessarily.
Nadal is the worst because he has never really lost a match, it's only his knees that did it.

Depends on how mature you are. I really don;t mind being told that my opponent was injured....in fact I usually tell him if I notice and he is kind enough to keep it for himself.

Look at Tsonga when he beat Federer at Wimbledon teh folowing year, Fed said nothing but Tsonga said he knew Fed was not playing his best.

As I get older I have less and less patience for those big egos who cannot face reality. If your opponent is injured, he is injured (hampered, hurting, whatever), I know well enough inside whether that injury coudl affect the outcome of the match.

The other day I was playing with a 14yo, he lost and gave me an excuse of not being 100%. I did not notice any and saw that his ego was hurt and I can understand that from a young player so I told him " oh yeah I noticed" ....but c'mon from Berdych, that's ridiculous.

I don;t like Berdych cause simply he doesn't look smart and more so he now looks like someone clearly on steroinds....not that I blame him for that as his favourite players are on it too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm

I think excuses should be kept to oneself. Just good manners. What's the point of a handshake at the net, otherwise...
If you start pulling out excuses, however valid they are, it's like opening Pandora's box...but media are largely to blame as they often extract stuf out of players when they are irritated immediately after a potentially tough loss, esp if they had to play injured.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I think excuses should be kept to oneself. Just good manners. What's the point of a handshake at the net, otherwise...
Otherwise, it's like opening Pandora's box...but media are largely to blame as they often extract stuf out of players when they are irritated immediately after a potentially tough loss, esp if they had to play injured.

Good manners is to say that it did not influence the outcome anyway...but why not say when you are and when everybody else noticed it. I want to know, be it in favour or against Federer or any other player. Fed's H2H was 8/2 including a 8/0 run until his mono until that match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 pm

I don't remember that presser anyway, my comment was general. I just don't like moaning of any kind, and citing excuses after a loss qualifies as moaning to me.
It's not a big deal, it sure makes following tennis more interesting to hear all those hot and unpremeditated interviews.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:It's not a big deal, it sure makes following tennis more interesting to hear all those hot and unpremeditated interviews.

That's the point. It's pro tennis. There was nothing more annoying to hear Nadal say he was not injured in that AO11 when it was obvious he was.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:We are talking SERVING AT 5:1!!!! It's not key points, like 6 all in a tie-breaker, facing break points on his serve at 4 all or stg...

It happened to Federer v Nadal a few times....even 5/1 SP (Hamburg 08). And Federer is pretty cool under pressure. BUt the thing is suddenly you can lose it....if you are a risk take with thin margins. It's a completely different game if you play with huge margins....

How many MPs did Djoko "choke" in Madrid 08 v Nadal? Wasn't he 5/2 up in the FO final this year either? Nadal, Murray and Djoko now play without thin margins and that is why they hardly choke.
When we look at TOP4 how they play when they need to close an even match, then I see that Nole plays more gutsy than other 3. It is a different topic how is their game approach based or how their game look like when they have a comfortable lead in the match.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Yes Paul Nole plays more gutsy than the other 3 but he get more aggressive but only when he feels Nadal and Murray are getting tired.

Watch that Wimby final v Nadal....it;s actually Nadal trying to shorten rallies....not Djoko.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes Paul Nole plays more gutsy than the other 3 but he get more aggressive but only when he feels Nadal and Murray are getting tired.

Watch that Wimby final v Nadal....it;s actually Nadal trying to shorten rallies....not Djoko.

wasn't that a sweet sight, to see him panic as his well tried and tested formula failed against Novak again....on the biggest stage and occason possible How would Berdych make up a perfect player 83870220

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Not bad. I never saw the first two sets as was on the train back home after being kicked out of Wimbers....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 pm

That clip is for Sphair as it shows how loopy Djoko's FH actually is. It's not flat at all.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Nole can hit his forehand it any way he likes it. I pefer it when he hits it flat as it's a lot pacier, he has started to bring it back again and I have a feeling the trend will continue.
Stay tuned during Dubai!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes Paul Nole plays more gutsy than the other 3 but he get more aggressive but only when he feels Nadal and Murray are getting tired.

That match was in hands of Nole pretty safe since the first set. He owned the court, dictated the game, the game rhytm, came to the net. Nadal just hanged on Nole game since the first set.
Ten, if Nadal wanted to shorten the rallies then he would have to step up into the court, that was not the case at all.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm

paulcz wrote:
sphairistike wrote:Sorry to say that but YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! How would Berdych make up a perfect player 1071211947 THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
Sphair, I am serious, but you don't think that Berd was How would Berdych make up a perfect player 1071211947

One thing is for sure, Berdych will never be able to be a threat for any of the top 4-5 bar Fed on a very good day for Berd but bad day for Fed.
I can agree with you to a certain point. I also can hardly see Berd to win a long 4/5 sets match with them. He just does not have enough stamina and speed to compete with the best, although he can be a big threat. I can imagine that Berd on his day could beat Murray in 3/4 sets, if things play for him.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Nole can hit his forehand it any way he likes it. I pefer it when he hits it flat as it's a lot pacier, he has started to bring it back again and I have a feeling the trend will continue.
Stay tuned during Dubai!

They all can hit flat. SO can I. The question is how often can he keep it in court...and more so often can he keep it in court under pressure. He woudl have won the FO the last 2 years if he coudl have hitten that FH flat. Unfortunately he relied on Fed to make the UEs in 2011 and could not keep them in v Nadal in 2012.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

I don't remember it in such detail, tbh. He definitely does not attack without his flat forehand and he has done a lot of attacking in 2011.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Tomas Berdych once again lashed out at the enforcement of the ATP's 25-second time violation rule and says he’s in favor of an on-court clock.

I don't like it. I'm not a fan of it. I don't see any single reason why to have this rule. What could be positive on this? What could work? What could be advantage? If they want to go like that, then I think there should be more clarity about
what's going on, because (the way it is now) the referee has so much power on you. He can do whatever he wants. He has a bad day, he doesn't like you, 24 seconds and you go. Let's put the clock there, and then everybody goes by the clock. Simple as that if they want to go straight.

It's really inconsistent. It's not a matter of only my serve. I mean, what should I do with the ball boy? Should I run to pick up the ball instead of him or what should I do? You just stand there waiting for theball, just waiting for the guy. What you can do? The time is running. And then the referee tells me: ‘Hey, I will talk to them, they are slow.But first I have to give you a warning’. How is this working? First they should talk to the ball boys to be faster and then tell me, that I’m doing late.”
He may have a point with umpires' consistency, but it's still early days and it's good that they are trying to enforce the rule.
Will be interesting how things progress as the bigger tournaments start in a week or two.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 pm

are you sure thats berdych? it sounds just like amrit or hawkeye!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Tomas Berdych once again lashed out at the enforcement of the ATP's 25-second time violation rule and says he’s in favor of an on-court clock.

I don't like it. I'm not a fan of it. I don't see any single reason why to have this rule. What could be positive on this? What could work? What could be advantage? If they want to go like that, then I think there should be more clarity about
what's going on, because (the way it is now) the referee has so much power on you. He can do whatever he wants. He has a bad day, he doesn't like you, 24 seconds and you go. Let's put the clock there, and then everybody goes by the clock. Simple as that if they want to go straight.

It's really inconsistent. It's not a matter of only my serve. I mean, what should I do with the ball boy? Should I run to pick up the ball instead of him or what should I do? You just stand there waiting for theball, just waiting for the guy. What you can do? The time is running. And then the referee tells me: ‘Hey, I will talk to them, they are slow.But first I have to give you a warning’. How is this working? First they should talk to the ball boys to be faster and then tell me, that I’m doing late.”
He may have a point with umpires' consistency, but it's still early days and it's good that they are trying to enforce the rule.
Will be interesting how things progress as the bigger tournaments start in a week or two.

I must agree with Berd on this. The judgement based on umpire's feeling/counting, which depends on some external factors (ball boys, noises from crowds, wind) without any chance of checking from players, that is a road to hell. However the intention for shortening idle pauses is right, it is terrible to players. To serve under stress when you do not know how much time you have, that is horrible. It is pretty ridiculous decision and to install alarms on courts? I really have big doubts about it.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:17 pm

The thing is we know not all will have the same treatment and in that respect Berdych has a point....however when Berdych plays in an ATP250 v an unknown player he then has the better treatment and I am sure won't complain.

Bottom line is he was warned cause he went over 25s....and that seems just about right to me. That it might not be done systematically to all is also a problem and in that respect I am also in favour with a clock on court.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Having read that Berd has been cooperating with the former 3rd ranking player, and yes it is Ivo Ljubicic since the beginning of 2013. Ivo is as Berd's manager for atp world tour. Berd will play at Queen Club this year on Ivo's advice in order to improve his results on grass. Let's see if Ivo helps Berd to fill up a little gap to get on very top and to meet his dream, which is to win a GS.Not easy task, really. Very good choice from Berd though.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 pm

I do not believe in Berdych. I am surprised he is still a top 10 actually.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

I love the comment they made on his thighs tho Applause

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh yes... I had not read the article;

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down