Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!!

+2
CommonSense
noleisthebest
6 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! Empty BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 pm

The only problem is now I have to eat my hat including the bow..... Cry

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nadal Pulls Out Of The Olympics!!!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm

GSK launches new advertising campaign to highlight the role that science will play in keeping the London 2012 Games clean

GSK today marks its role as Official Laboratory Services Provider for
the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games by launching its first UK
advertising campaign to celebrate the role that anti-doping science will
play in helping ensure this summer’s Games are the cleanest possible.

The campaign launches on the day the official London 2012 anti-doping
laboratory, provided by GSK in partnership with the London Organising
Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) and King’s
College London, becomes operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
More tests will be carried out at the London 2012 lab, based at GSK’s
Harlow site, than at any other Games with every medallist and up to 50
per cent of all competing athletes being tested.

From today, the new campaign, featuring British Olympians and
Paralympians including Phillips Idowu, Beth Tweddle, David Weir, Graham
Edmunds and Marlon Devonish, will celebrate the motivation and ambition
that drives athletes to perform and win drug-free. The campaign will
appear on television and outdoor advertising space across the UK and
includes the UK’s largest London2012 outdoor sign, which covers GSK’s
Brentford headquarters.

Phil Thompson, Senior Vice President, Global Communications at GlaxoSmithKline,
said: “Our contribution to the London 2012 Games, through our
partnership with LOCOG and King’s, is to help ensure that every medal
winner can celebrate their athletic achievement in the knowledge they
have won through a fair competition. Our advertising campaign aims to
showcase the hard work, determination and natural ability that is
central to each athlete’s performance.”

Marlon Devonish, Olympic gold medallist and one of the athletes featured in the campaign,
said: “Winning an Olympic medal is the best feeling in the world and as
an athlete it’s so important to know that anyone who stands on the
podium has got there through their own hard work and dedication, not by
doping. The work done by GlaxoSmithKline, LOCOG and King’s to provide
the London 2012 anti-doping programme helps to give athletes the
assurance that the Games will be fair and athletes are competing
clean.”

Graham Edmunds, Paralympic gold medallist, whose
image appears on the side of GSK’s headquarters, said: “Winning medals
is like an addiction; once you have one, you want another. It’s my
biggest motivation. And knowing you’ve reached the podium because of all
the hard work you’ve put in; 9 sessions a week, 2 hours each session, 3
gym sessions a week for four years, is the greatest feeling. I’m
confident that everything possible is being done to catch drug cheats at
London 2012 and that makes these Games really special.”

Jonathan Harris, Head of Anti-Doping at The Organising Committee for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games,
said: “The fight against doping within sport continues. GSK have been
instrumental in providing services to help us deliver the anti-doping
programme for the Games and with their help we have a state of the art
laboratory with the ability to process a record number of tests during
the Olympic and Paralympic Games.”

• Up to 6250 samples will be tested during Games time – more than any other Games
  • The anti-doping workforce at the Games will include over 1000 people
  • Up to 50 per cent of all competing athletes will be tested at the Olympic Games including every Olympic medallist
  • The laboratory will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
  • Up to 400 samples will be tested every day
  • The shortest test turnaround will be 24 hours (some tests will take longer)
  • The laboratory is 4400 square metres in size – the same size as 7 tennis courts
  • A
    team of more than 150 anti-doping scientists from around the world will
    carry out the testing during Games-time, led by Professor David Cowan
    from the Drug Control Centre at King’s College London
  • Over 240 prohibited substances will be tested for

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Excellent post Noley! Thanks for the efforts.:flower:

You and Tenez should be proud to be part of the British initiative that sponsor this anti-doping programme. Very impressive indeed. Looks like they're really serious about catching the drug cheats. No wonder rafa ran for his life. :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing when nadal won his gold at the Beijing Olympics, the Chinese did not have a similar anti-doping campaign. :x

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJondzic Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Just to say hello to "The Fellowship of the anti-doping campaign" Big Grin

But, don't be so sharp, otherwise Ruffin will come here with the whole arsenal of insults. Winking

Anyways, I suppose a lot of you guys think that Rafa pulls out of the Olympics because of rigorous anti-doping control?

MartinJondzic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 pm

welcome Martin!

Yes I to think that rafa has withdrawn due to the fear of getting tested.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 pm

MartinJondzic wrote:Just to say hello to "The Fellowship of the anti-doping campaign" Big Grin

But, don't be so sharp, otherwise Ruffin will come here with the whole arsenal of insults. Winking

Anyways, I suppose a lot of you guys think that Rafa pulls out of the Olympics because of rigorous anti-doping control?

What do YOU think?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 pm

MartinJondzic wrote:Just to say hello to "The Fellowship of the anti-doping campaign" Big Grin

Hey Martin Big Grin Big Grin

Warm welcome!
Check this out, esp. the last couple of pages:https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t19p75-the-doping-program-joke-of-the-itf

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJondzic Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:13 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

What do YOU think?

"Everyone is innocent until proven guilty" is principle in which I believe smiley But, since we'll probably never know whether it is true or not, I just choose to have NO opinion on that topic. Also, I don't have knowledge to recognize whether someone is on PED or not.

MartinJondzic

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 pm

You hang around us the anti-doping gang long enough you'll soon have an opinion. :lol: Big Grin

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJondzic Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 pm

CommonSense wrote:You hang around us the anti-doping gang long enough you'll soon have an opinion. :lol: Big Grin

We'll see about that Winking Tnx for welcome.

MartinJondzic

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:37 pm

MartinJondzic wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

What do YOU think?

"Everyone is innocent until proven guilty" is principle in which I believe smiley But, since we'll probably never know whether it is true or not, I just choose to have NO opinion on that topic. Also, I don't have knowledge to recognize whether someone is on PED or not.

no opinion is quite an opinion , as well...but, that's fine smiley
Nadal may have problem with his knees on top of another bigger problem, so you've got plenty of room for manouvering with no opinion Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 pm

And, yes, a BIG welcome ☀, make yourself at home and when you are ready, tell us all about your "tennis " world: how , why, when, how much....for starters, who is your favourite player?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Glad to have a new member here.

Welcome Martin.

It's a small family here, but quality posters....and growing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:15 am

Hey Martin.. Just to let you know-- I'm not the Ruffin that we all know and hate... despite my name:D

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJondzic Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 pm

noleisthebest wrote: ... and when you are ready, tell us all about your "tennis " world: how , why, when, how much....for starters, who is your favourite player?

I'm mostly interested in technical aspects of the tennis, analysis of match-ups, tactics, etc...

Favorite player...let's say the power-tennis players like Sampras, Laver, McEnroe and now Federer, Tsonga, Delpo etc.

MartinJondzic

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJondzic Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:36 pm

TimRuffin wrote:Hey Martin.. Just to let you know-- I'm not the Ruffin that we all know and hate... despite my name:D

Hahahaahahahha, my God! Is it possible that someone uses that nick even as a joke? Big Grin

Actually, I don't hate him, he just makes me sick. And, to be honest, I'm still not convinced that we are dealing with the human being. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I find out that Ruffin is actually an artificial intelligence bot, developed by Nadal's PR team Big Grin

MartinJondzic

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 pm

MartinJondzic wrote:
noleisthebest wrote: ... and when you are ready, tell us all about your "tennis " world: how , why, when, how much....for starters, who is your favourite player?

I'm mostly interested in technical aspects of the tennis, analysis of match-ups, tactics, etc...

Favorite player...let's say the power-tennis players like Sampras, Laver, McEnroe and now Federer, Tsonga, Delpo etc.

Oh, lovely!
You'll like it here, very much then.
Look forward to sharing some of your views on the game...a bit quiet now, but there'll be plenty of actin come the Olympics American hard-court season .
Now that Nadal is out, it's going to be very interesting draw wise.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Tim,

with your close and beady eye on Nadal, wha't your gut feeling for him participating for the rest of the season?

How long do you think he'll need to "recover" Winking ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Tim,

with your close and beady eye on Nadal, wha't your gut feeling for him participating for the rest of the season?

How long do you think he'll need to "recover" Winking ?

Well since I am told there is no real injury and we know the ATP/ITF are complacent in letting him continue to play while doped, I feel sure he will make an amazing recovery and look perfect at the US Open. Then when he loses again, it will be becasue of his knees of course!

I really think it came down to the Olympic testing is more comprehensive and there was no way they would sweep it under the rug. He prob was using this time to get clean and either realized there woudl still be trace amounts in his system, or without the dope, his shape was so bad he wouldn't do well- so he figured he just skip it and start doping again to build up for US Open.

The guy is jetsking! How bad can the knees be? All the pieces of the puzzle fell into place that point to this being about his doping. Yet, the media will not say it which means the general public will not uprise, which means the sport will continue to allow it.

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

TimRuffin wrote:

Well since I am told there is no real injury and we know the ATP/ITF are complacent in letting him continue to play while doped, I feel sure he will make an amazing recovery and look perfect at the US Open. Then when he loses again, it will be becasue of his knees of course!

If he gets clean enough to compete at USO, how long is he going to last in the tournament being "clean" ?
Also, could it be possible that he is not even bothering getting clean, just missing the Olympics because of the extra testing, which does not seem to feature at $$$ driven USO?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
TimRuffin wrote:

If he gets clean enough to compete at USO, how long is he going to last in the tournament being "clean" ?
Also, could it be possible that he is not even bothering getting clean, just missing the Olympics because of the extra testing, which does not seem to feature at $$$ driven USO?

oh yeah,, i think he was trying to get clean for the olympics and when he couldn't or decided it wasn't worth it as he was going to lose anyway- he pulled out of the Olympics and will start doping again. That's why I said-- come US Open time- Nadal is still going to mention his knee as cover, but I bet he looks great.

Veejay knows more about the ins and outs of doping, but I think alot of it for Nadal now is also physchological...... He was forced or they tried to get him clean in Feb,, he went a couple of weeks, felt weak and then pulled out of Miami to dope.. then he comes out and wins everything. Same thing here.. I think he feels he has to be on the stuff to win at this point...

I think he's on a slippery slope now. I've been aroudn athletes that started down a path like that..it's all rosy for awhile, but eventually it catches up to you.

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:19 pm

That sounds interesting TimRuffin (hello by the way!) - when you say it catches up with an athlete - what sort of thing are you referring to?

Last edited by reckoner on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum