Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai.

4 posters

Go down

Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. Empty Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai.

Post by truffin1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxwmqHgYdcM&feature=player_embedded

Instead of preparing for Dubai, he has spent 4 days in South Africa visiting schools that he funds through his foundation. I think we are definitly seeing a transition to where he is no longer motivated by these smaller tournaments.. vacation after AO and only started playing two days before Rotterdam, then immedialty flew to South African and spending most of the week before Dubai doing charity work.....

The video is actually heartwarming. He def is fully engaged with the kids any you can see by his face- the joy it brings him helping them.

"I play a bit of tennis"

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. Empty Re: Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai.

Post by truffin1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:30 pm

One other thing I might mention-- for those of us speculating about a back injury... Doesn't Federer look stiff and kind of limping or walking side to side when he first gets out of the car?
Now later, as he's playing with the kids, hopping, bending- he seems fine, but I also notice he squats alot while watching.......
As a back pain sufferer for years and years (herniated disks, surgery, sciatic nerve damage) - I can attest- squatting is actually a pretty comfortable way to be at rest with back pain. It used to drive my wife crazy as I would squat like he does instead of standing up to watch something. I think it keeps the sciatic nerve stretched and releives pressure.
The bending he does, like bouncing the ball with racquet, etc-- that seems like he's okay-- I wouldn't be able to do that with my back acting up- so it's kind of contradictory-- but lookign carefully- I see signs of someone in the midst of what is probably minor everyday back pain, but enough to be an issue.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. Empty Re: Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai.

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:36 pm

truffin1 wrote:One other thing I might mention-- for those of us speculating about a back injury... Doesn't Federer look stiff and kind of limping or walking side to side when he first gets out of the car?
Now later, as he's playing with the kids, hopping, bending- he seems fine, but I also notice he squats alot while watching.......
As a back pain sufferer for years and years (herniated disks, surgery, sciatic nerve damage) - I can attest- squatting is actually a pretty comfortable way to be at rest with back pain. It used to drive my wife crazy as I would squat like he does instead of standing up to watch something. I think it keeps the sciatic nerve stretched and releives pressure.
The bending he does, like bouncing the ball with racquet, etc-- that seems like he's okay-- I wouldn't be able to do that with my back acting up- so it's kind of contradictory-- but lookign carefully- I see signs of someone in the midst of what is probably minor everyday back pain, but enough to be an issue.

But did you try the hula-hoop miracle treatment Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. 123628122

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:03 pm

truffin1 wrote:One other thing I might mention-- for those of us speculating about a back injury... Doesn't Federer look stiff and kind of limping or walking side to side when he first gets out of the car?

Interesting. He certainly looks a bit awkward in this clip but difficult to say for sure. I'd be surprise we could see any of it after 2 or 3 days rest..and he still manages to play tennis (maybe under anti inflam) but I think we can all agree that his back (or something) is hampering him.

Did you see the stats I posted on his serve? His DF/Ace ratio is 3 times worse now than in 2008.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

But did you try the hula-hoop miracle treatment Fed in South Africa for charity instead of training for Dubai. 123628122
nope, but I did get doctor approved steroid injections and it DID help!

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Fed was, is and will always be a great ambassador for this superb sport. The shift in priorities is normal and can be a good thing for so many people, so it's not all that bad, it's only us, selfish fans, who will miss watching him play, but hey, we can still watch him this year and who knows, maybe one more?

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum