Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking

+6
Tenez
paulcz
sphairistike
Veejay
noleisthebest
truffin1
10 posters

Go down

Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking Empty Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking

Post by truffin1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:04 pm

“People want to see long matches, competitive rallies and amazing shots. For me to play in a high level for four hours, I need more than 25 seconds,” said the Spaniard, famous for taking long between serves. ”I don’t think players are happy with the new rule. The umpire will have to decide when it’s up to follow it or not. Because if it’s something mathematical, it will harm the fans.”

http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/35199/rafael-nadal-tennis-panroama-news

He forgets the players are the ones who voted and agreed to the new rule. The AO had plenty of long matches, competative rallies, and amazing shots and Djokovic for one certainly seems to be able to play at a high level for 4 hours under the rule, and Federer has done so for years........smh....... IF only Nadal could get his stated desires to improve the game :get the two year ranking system which benefited him, get more clay courts events esp the WTF which benefited him, no enforcement of the timewasting rule which benefited him............ then tennis would be so much better for ALL the players..lol- smh...

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking Empty Re: Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I can and can't believe he said that; pathetic and selfish as usual...and humble, of course! I just hope someone squashes him in Brazil and spares that trophy from his fangs.
He hasn't been around even a week and already moaning and trying to undo all the good changes that happened in his absence.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking Empty Re: Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking

Post by truffin1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I can and can't believe he said that; pathetic and selfish as usual...and humble, of course! I just hope someone squashes him in Brazil and spares that trophy from his fangs.
He hasn't been around even a week and already moaning and trying to undo all the good changes that happened in his absence.
It really is pathetic......

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Unfortunately, he said a few more ridiculous things....

"The ATP worries too little about the players. It should care more for them. For future generations (ha,ha! future generations my foot!) it would be good to see a less aggressive tennis life. Not only because of what happens during your
career, but also because of what happens after your career, about how is your body when your tennis career is over.

After ending the career it would be nice to be able to play football (noone forced you to play the rabbit tennis and wreck your body, and if your knees are that sore, why don't you retire and think of your body instead of blaming ATP and demanding that THEY look after it!) with friends or tennis. But with this surface, I don't think it's going to be possible.This is not a subject for the players, it's a matter for doctors. The ATP has to start thinking about ways to lengthen the players'careers. I can't imagine football players playing on cement, I can't imagine any other sport involving aggressive movements such as tennis being played on such aggressive surfaces such as ours. We are the only sport in the world making this mistake, and it won't change.(I can't hear anyone else moan and complain, so it must be just the fact that you can't play, except run yourself ragged on any other surface!)

People like to see great rallies, long matches, ( Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 563610107 , no we don't!)and for that to happen, the 25 seconds are not enough. If the ATP wants a sport which is faster but doesn't take into consideration a lot of strategy or great rallies, then it's right doing this. I think the players in the locker rooms are not very happy with that rule. (is that your fellow Spaniard servants as well as Zeballos who thinks you are from another planet? Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968)

I need time, I need weeks of matches and practice. I'm not prepared to think about titles yet, I'm thinking day-to-day. After so many months without playing, it's hard to think about titles.There are days in which it hurts and it limits me physically, but there are days when it's better. During the bad days it's complicated. But it's positive because a month ago maybe 80 percent of the days were bad, now it's 70 percent of the days and next week or within a month it will probably be 50 percent.

I'm not that good to be able to reprogram my style, (well at least he knows his limits!) I only have one, it's virtually impossible to change it. I'm confident that mybody will hold up. I'm not sure it will happen next week, or next year,but I'm confident that it will be like before again.

Playing in 2016 is a long-term goal, but it's very real. I will be working daily to make sure I can play in 2016 and play well."

What an incredible crybaby and a perpetual moaner!

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Totally agree with everything that has been said here
Part of the reason why Nadal has been so successful is because he cheats so much
Watch how much harder he will find it to beat his opponents if they force him to abide by the rules and hopefully they will
His excuses are pathetic,but tat comes as no surprise,especially when you read the pathetic excuses his fans make
As I have said before-like spirits attract
Good thread Ruffin Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm

You know with the things he say, one really can't help thinking: What planet is he on?
Maybe Zeballos was right after all! Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2033450363

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:You know with the things he say, one really can't help thinking: What planet is he on?
Maybe Zeballos was right after all! Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2033450363
Its quite typical of the Spanish middle class,they have this sense of entitlement,Nadal always plays this humble facade but he keeps proving that he thinks he is so special and above everyone else that he should get preferential treatment

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 pm

I didn't know that of the Spanish (middle class), but it makes perfect sense. He is so full of himself , I just don't get how millions can't see through that cheap and transparent veneer. It's scary!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:37 pm

"I can't imagine football players playing on cement, I can't imagine any other sport involving aggressive movements such as tennis being played on such aggressive surfaces such as ours. We are the only sport in the world making this mistake, and it won't change"
American Football at the pro level is often played on Astroturf and other synthetic surfaces and has been for years. It is and feels like Cement with fuzz on it...... Much more violent. Adrian Peterson completely tore his ACL/MCL and was back within 6 months- rushed for the 2nd most yards in history and not one time complained about the surfaces or how tough the game is. American Basketball players play 70 plus 2 hour + games on hard courts in a 6 or 7 month period and have just as aggessive movement... Hocky on ice? Nadal is nuts.
The more the guy opens his mouth the more I dislike him. He truly acts like the sport and world should revolve around him.
If he had ideas that were truly good for the sport, I could stomach it, but it's all about what benefits him. He chose his style, he chose the sport knowing the rules and sufaces, he's made millions and millions doing so----- shut up and play.
and his fans are already spinning it... smh..

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I didn't know that of the Spanish (middle class), but it makes perfect sense. He is so full of himself , I just don't get how millions can't see through that cheap and transparent veneer. It's scary!

Now I am american and a typical ignorant american in terms of other cultures, but I was told by someone who is from Spain, that within the Spanish culture - "white lies" are not only acceptable,but encouraged. As it was explained to me- if you feel like a lie benefits you or another- you should lie. Perfectly fits Nadal and Toni's behaviour IMO.. Now if I am wrong about this cultural quirk, please forgive me-- just what I was told.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 pm

tbh, I couldn't care less about their fake culture and carrying on. I'm glad I'm blissfully ignorant. They can keep it all to themselves and lie to each other until they all turn white!

But that explains why they can't stomach the truth, either, and it reflects on the way they play tennis, well, most of them: all gutless beating about the bush!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I didn't know that of the Spanish (middle class), but it makes perfect sense. He is so full of himself , I just don't get how millions can't see through that cheap and transparent veneer. It's scary!

And now he is calling for transparency in doping too Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 pm

truffin1 wrote:

Now I am american and a typical ignorant american in terms of other cultures, but I was told by someone who is from Spain, that within the Spanish culture - "white lies" are not only acceptable,but encouraged. As it was explained to me- if you feel like a lie benefits you or another- you should lie. Perfectly fits Nadal and Toni's behaviour IMO.. Now if I am wrong about this cultural quirk, please forgive me-- just what I was told.

This is very true,especially in sport,to us Nadal is nothing more then an opportunist for an unfair advantage at every given opportunity but in Nadal's native Spain he is just too shrewd for his opponents
But the funny thing is that we dont ever see such poor sportsmanship from Ferrer,there may be some speculation surrounding him and PED's taking his endurance levels into consideration,but apart from that,he always abides by the rules.In fact theres not really a bad thing you can say about him

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Yes, unfortunately he has dragged other players with him, most of which are fine in fact. I am sure they are all grateful for the Davis Cup titles he helped them to win, but I bet they privately can't stand him.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks T Ruffin for the thread, nice article there Veejay!

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Seven months of nice tennis period have run out, now the Morybundus's circus started again. Desperates Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 pm

paulcz wrote:Seven months of nice tennis period have run out, now the Morybundus's circus started again. Desperates Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968

Dont worry Paul we still have Rosol and Zeballos Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

The umpire will have to decide when it’s up to follow it or not. Because if it’s something mathematical, it will harm the fans.”

Very true. Nadal thinks the fans shoudl make the rules so their champion wins. Who cares about sport. This is about fans and providing what they want.
I used to like sport because I thought it was a way to sort the better athletes from the rest.
We shoudl make a 278m race at the next Olympics for those who cannot win the 200m race nor the 400m race.
I want to have a 100m Olympic race for the father of 3 married in 1994 who like coucous. I want my olympic Gold medal too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

The umpire will have to decide when it’s up to follow it or not. Because if it’s something mathematical, it will harm the fans.”

Very true. Nadal thinks the fans shoudl make the rules so their champion wins. Who cares about sport. This is about fans and providing what they want.
I used to like sport because I thought it was a way to sort the better athletes from the rest.
We shoudl make a 278m race at the next Olympics for those who cannot win the 200m race nor the 400m race.
I want to have a 100m Olympic race for the fathers of 3 married in 1994 who like coucous. I want my olympic Gold medal too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:09 am

noleisthebest wrote:People like to see great rallies, long matches, ( Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 563610107 , no we don't!)and for that to happen, the 25 seconds are not enough. If the ATP wants a sport which is faster but doesn't take into consideration a lot of strategy or great rallies, then it's right doing this. I think the players in the locker rooms are not very happy with that rule. (is that your fellow Spaniard servants as well as Zeballos who thinks you are from another planet? Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968)

Playing in 2016 is a long-term goal, but it's very real. I will be working daily to make sure I can play in 2016 and play well."

The best part about that quote is that Nadal supposedly has serious knee issues, yet he is complaining about the time rule which would ultimately help him play shorter matches if enforced. This sure does not help with the suspicions of his detractors that he is truly suffering from real knee injuries. Way to go Nadal, more inconsistencies keep piling up against you. Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:53 am

BlueClay wrote:The best part about that quote is that Nadal supposedly has serious knee issues
Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 4052418255
Excellent point. And it also proves that he can only win when factoring in the physical side of the game. He lost last weekend versus #73 player on clay despite running faster and hitting harder than Horacio. Sure he was not at his best cause he needs to be twice as fit as everybody else to win...being fitter is not enough for Nadal....and confirms what I have always be saying that talent wise he woudl not make the top 50 list of teh current players.....in fact I can safely say he would not make teh top 100...the margins are so thin between #50 and #100.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:11 am

Just wondering if Lydian still would advocate that Nadal's prolonged time-takings aren't a recovery routine.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Just wondering if Lydian still would advocate that Nadal's prolonged time-takings aren't a recovery routine.
I seem to remember what were his views after Nadal admitted it a year ago at least and I think he was still defending some of the OCD theory. It's there on v2....somewhere. BB and I were making a mockery of his comments.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:07 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Just wondering if Lydian still would advocate that Nadal's prolonged time-takings aren't a recovery routine.

According Lydian it takes longer before the crowd stops cheering between the points when Nadal plays..so Nadal has to wait longer Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Yes I remember that one too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

So, Nadal has already said by his moaning about cement and 25 sec rule that he will not play on hc in US.
What is more, it seems that he is going to expect that the organizers will tell him: Mr. Nadal, you are so amazing player that we will lay a soft carpet not to hurt your gentle joints and because you play so amazing tennis you can have so much time as you want. You can relax even during one game, take a shower during the set and have a yoga lesson within a match. We are here only for you!
The diagnosis is clear: Morybundus

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:26 pm

"...We will provide you with balls as big and as light as birthday balloons so you can be sure noone will be able to hit through you."
Jean Dupont
Babolat Marketing Director.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Tenez wrote:"...We will provide you with balls as big and as light as birthday balloons so you can be sure noone will be able to hit through you."
Jean Dupont
Babolat Marketing Director.
Mr. Jean Dupont,
size of balls does not bother me, you can produce whatever similar to a ball, which has at least a bit of jump
Yours faithfully Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2774444739
Horacio Zeballos

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 pm

paulcz wrote:So, Nadal has already said by his moaning about cement and 25 sec rule that he will not play on hc in US.
What is more, it seems that he is going to expect that the organizers will tell him: Mr. Nadal, you are so amazing player that we will lay a soft carpet not to hurt your gentle joints and because you play so amazing tennis you can have so much time as you want. You can relax even during one game, take a shower during the set and have a yoga lesson within a match. We are here only for you!
The diagnosis is clear: Morybundus
This is a bit off topic, but if Nadal truly starts skipping IW,Miami,Cinci and other hard courts, therefore picking and choosing when he gets to meet the other top players then I think there will be huge astericks next to his H2H against these guys. We all know it's weighted for him with clay already, but if gets to choose to mostly meet these guys on his preferred clay and doens't give them a chance to take him out on their preferred surfaces, it's not fair and quite cowardly.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm

The thing is if he plays on clay only he willl lose a bit of ground to the top players tennis wise. You cannot beat the top players if you don't expose yourself to playing them. He will eventually beat the Horaco of this world but when faced with the Murrays and Djoko, he will be completely overwhelmed.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Tenez wrote:The thing is if he plays on clay only he willl lose a bit of ground to the top players tennis wise. You cannot beat the top players if you don't expose yourself to playing them. He will eventually beat the Horaco of this world but when faced with the Murrays and Djoko, he will be completely overwhelmed.

That's a good point.. If he only concentrates on clay, he loses an edge... possible.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

The intention of Nadal's moaning is clear. Nadal's pack just got an impression that they are indispensable on tour. After Nadal got crowds of people in Chile, they think that ATP will go towards them and their moaning will bring them benefit. It seems to be there is a clash between Nadals and ATP. Now they feel that tennis community can support them because Fed is after his peak and they just threaten that Nadal does not have to play on hc and dispute 25 sec rule. Because he has nothing with his legs (that is just Morybundus) and he runs as a chamois, they aim to challenge 25 sec rule. I hope that everybody understands how these deceivers think. Everything is driven by an effort to get benefit.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Veejay wrote:
paulcz wrote:Seven months of nice tennis period have run out, now the Morybundus's circus started again. Desperates Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2786941968

Dont worry Paul we still have Rosol and Zeballos Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2033450363
No worries at all, anyway I would canonize the name Horazio in South America Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 4006036031

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 am

Cry, baby cry!

Nadal was asked about playing at a faster pace in his post match press conference last night and this is what he had to say:

"That’s true, I played much faster, no? I am doing that because someone very smart puts in a new rule that is a disaster in my opinion. Not in places like here, which is dry. But it is a complete disaster when we are playing in humid places like Acapulco, Brazil or Chile.
You have to see the third set of the US Open 2011 against Djokovic and tell me if the crowd was very happy in that set or not. You need 40 seconds rest after a great point of 30, 40 shots. Tell me if with this new rule that can happen again.
Somebody has to think, not for today, I’m not talking about my career
(bless him!). We’re going to finish my career playing the same number of tournaments on hard courts because that’s the dynamic. But my opinion is for the next generations ( Nadal doesn't like the new 25 second rule enforcement..shocking 2033450363 )."
Hard courts are aggressive for the body. It’s a medical thing (?). If the next generations want to finish their careers with better conditions physically, the ATP has to find a solution and not continue playing more and more tournaments on this surface that is harder for the joints and for the knees; for the foot, for the ankles, for the back, for everything.
I would not answer this question in 2005, 2006 — but now I have won a lot of tournaments on hard courts and that gives me the confidence to say this to you. I am not having this opinion just because I prefer to play on clay.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 am

Djokovic has signaled he’s amenable to the change. Referring to last year’s Australian Open final, the world No. 1 said, “As much as it was a pleasure to be part of such a classic match and in history, I think nobody likes to spend six hours on the court.”

http://tennis.si.com/2013/01/11/novak-djokovic-time-violation-rules/

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:18 am

laverfan wrote: Djokovic has signaled he’s amenable to the change. Referring to last year’s Australian Open final, the world No. 1 said, “As much as it was a pleasure to be part of such a classic match and in history, I think nobody likes to spend six hours on the court.”

I must say, dope or no dope, I don't know how they did it (the 6 hours). It's just mad on the body. But you can't rein the mind when it gets going and muscles are warm, that's the fascinating bit. Those bodies must have hurt badly for quite a while after that match.
I saw the photo of Nole's sock being drenched in blood after that match.

I am glad he is vocal in supporting the rule. It's good for everyone, I actually wanted to see the clock in last night's match, even if it's there just for us fans who watch on TV.

I don't understand why Nadal hates it so badly. About time he cut out his antics and went on about business like a man.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:24 am

noleisthebest wrote:Cry, baby cry!

"That’s true, I played much faster, no? I am doing that because someone very smart puts in a new rule that is a disaster in my opinion.

O I see. He thinks this is a new rule! He was never told that it has always been the rule! Strange cause if I remember correctly he was playing fast in Miami 2004 and 2005.

I however agree about his point on HC. Currently on those slow courts you either have the chance to take risk, shorten rallies and your tournament or run a lot and progress further in the tournament....which is wrong.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 am

laverfan wrote: Djokovic has signaled he’s amenable to the change. Referring to last year’s Australian Open final, the world No. 1 said, “As much as it was a pleasure to be part of such a classic match and in history, I think nobody likes to spend six hours on the court.”

Yes and I think not many people like to spend 6 hours on a sofa watching those 2.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down