Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!???????

3 posters

Go down

How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? Empty How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!???????

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm

...are we going to see players suffer because of poor linesmen calls?

Can't it now become mandatory for slams to cover all courts with Hawkeye?

After all, they are creaming so much profit form sponsors, surely they can spend and invest a bit into fairness for all players, not just adding extra bars and restaurants to the grounds....and...oh silly me! rake in some more money from the fans How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 2786941968

Still, we wouldn't be having legendary moments like this How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 1071211947

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7hfTDuISM4U

How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? Jerzyrow

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? Empty Re: How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!???????

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Poor JJ!
He did really well to come back from two sets down and win this match, and one of those sets (1st) was actually this point.

I know linesmen and umpires make mistakes, but there were so many in this match. Too many.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? Empty Re: How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!???????

Post by legendkillar Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Just get on with it.

I have seen worse calls than that.

Yes it would be nice if Hawkeye was mandatory on every court, though I am not so sure that event organisers would want to invest so much in the technology given the lack of frequency it would used on the outer courts.

Least JJ was able to compose himself smiley

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

legendkillar wrote:Just get on with it.

Yes it would be nice if Hawkeye was mandatory on every court, though I am not so sure that event organisers would want to invest so much in the technology given the lack of frequency it would used on the outer courts.

Least JJ was able to compose himself How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 650269930

try to imagine yourself in his shoes for a change.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Least JJ was able to compose himself How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 650269930

He should try these shoes on How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 1564925666

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4mGqwA7cCM

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Yes, it's because of those situations they introudced Hawkeye in the first place, in my opinion they need to have them for foot-faults, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSFPnimclQ

or else, there's going to be some ball-showing don the throat....

Serena's had her fair share of pampering, I'll never forget AO 09 when she had the roof put on for her in those crazy heats (Nole had to retire against Roddick on the same day), when she was losing to Kuznetsova a set and a break down. Did she win the match with the roof on, you bet!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Look at the investment perspective. The show courts it does make sense to have Hawkeye as they are courts which are highly used bar the finals when only 1 court is used. I agree on the foot faults it should be used as there are so many dubious calls and that doesn't include the Karlovic count!

JJ in his next match may get the rub of green on some courts, but that doesn't make it right. I think outer courts you would struggle to get the justification for organisers to implement it because the crowd numbers for one decline once the Slams get to the nitty gritty business end and unfortuntely tennis events are run as businesses much more nowadays.

Trust me I feel for JJ, I haven't had the pleasure of line judges or umpires when I have played tennis, but when I have played cricket or football there have been times I have wanted to deck the umpire/referee!! How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 563610107

I think the ATP/ITF need to apply pressure for technology to help improve the accuracy of decisions, though again statistically they would argue they do enough with the Hawkeye system currently in place.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

For decades players had to go through this and how they overcame those moments was also an important factor in sorting champs from others. I think JJ was really over the top there. Looks almost like "Roid-rage" to me!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:41 pm

legendkillar wrote:Look at the investment perspective. The show courts it does make sense to have Hawkeye as they are courts which are highly used bar the finals when only 1 court is used. I agree on the foot faults it should be used as there are so many dubious calls and that doesn't include the Karlovic count!

JJ in his next match may get the rub of green on some courts, but that doesn't make it right. I think outer courts you would struggle to get the justification for organisers to implement it because the crowd numbers for one decline once the Slams get to the nitty gritty business end and unfortuntely tennis events are run as businesses much more nowadays.

Trust me I feel for JJ, I haven't had the pleasure of line judges or umpires when I have played tennis, but when I have played cricket or football there have been times I have wanted to deck the umpire/referee!! How Many TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES !!!!!!!??????? 563610107

I think the ATP/ITF need to apply pressure for technology to help improve the accuracy of decisions, though again statistically they would argue they do enough with the Hawkeye system currently in place.

At Wimbledon I saw show courts (can't remember which one but it was Paire v Baker if I remember correctly) having HE and the tuning was awful so that as soon as a ball was slightly long, the players were calling HE which showed the ball plum on the line. It was clear HE was badly set up and that can happen quite easily. In that case it's much worse than not having HE.

Remember anyone the match between Murray n Ljubo wee the ball goes 3inc out yet HE saw it good?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Look at the investment perspective. The show courts it does make sense to have Hawkeye as they are courts which are highly used bar the finals when only 1 court is used. I agree on the foot faults it should be used as there are so many dubious calls and that doesn't include the Karlovic count!

At Wimbledon I saw show courts (can't remember which one but it was Paire v Baker if I remember correctly) having HE and the tuning was awful so that as soon as a ball was slightly long, the players were calling HE which showed the ball plum on the line. It was clear HE was badly set up and that can happen quite easily. In that case it's much worse than not having HE.

Remember anyone the match between Murray n Ljubo wee the ball goes 3inc out yet HE saw it good?

I don't think HE is perfect, far from it. I remember at AO in 2011 there some very dubious calls in by HE and when the commentators did the replays they looked a mile long. Though at times at the US Open some balls have looked good and HE has called them out. It is similar to the Cricket model too. Some of the projections have looked bizarre.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum