Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud!

4 posters

Go down

Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! Empty Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud!

Post by Daniel2 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:12 pm

Now that we are finally seeing the backend of the baseline bores that have no variety or imagination (especially Nadal), a new talent is FINALLY coming through.  We've had to endure soooo many disappointments.  Promising talents that fall apart when it matters (Kyrgios, Thiem spring to mind instantly) or bottlers in big moments - or people that went nowhere (Dimitrov, Raonic, Tomic, the list is endless).

But this time it really is different.  There is a changing of the guard.  Ruud and especially Alacaraz are the real deal.  Alcaraz is 19 year old and he's playing an all court super attacking game.  He he has it all. The power, speed, serve, net game, lobs, variety...  The future is looking a lot brighter and more fun than the worthless stagnation those two bores have wrought on tennis.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! Empty Re: Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud!

Post by Daniel2 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:13 pm

I haven't watched a full match in ages...  and this final is the first match in a LONG time that I've enjoyed.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud! Empty Re: Bye bye baseline stinkers - hello Alcaraz and Ruud!

Post by Daniel2 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:47 pm

Only thing Alcaraz needs to work on more is his temperament.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:06 am

Amazing tennis here.  Hope you're watching it.  And great to see commentators forced to talk about tactics and shot making.  You won't get any of this from Boreovic and NPD.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:44 am

VAMOS ALCARAZ! What a great match these two served up.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:13 am

I don't mind Ruud, he seems like a wholesome character, but that Alcatraz is as bad as Nadal, the size of his legs says everything.

Neither would have beaten Nole who was not allowed to play.

I tried to enjoy tennis and saw a couple of matches, but as predicted several years ago, the younger generations brought up on social media have little fire in them and despite their good skillset (if standing 6m behind the baseline to return serve can go under that) fail to replace the battles from the previous era(s).

Of all the young players I like Sinner most, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have a winning head.

So all up - this was a mediocre US open - and they well deserved it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:10 pm

Neither would have beaten Nole who was not allowed to play.

Spoken like a true fanboy.  You have NO way of knowing Novak would even have made the final.  You think he's unbeatable and he isn't.  Also, you are massively underestimating how good Alacaraz is and he'll get better.  He has more talent than Djokovic does for a start - evidenced by the sheer variety of his game and ability to pull off shots Djok can only dream of.  All Djok does is stand on the baseline.  Alcaraz won't let him.  He ended the match with over 30 net winners and over 40 net approaches. He'll take time away.  And he's not part of generation worthless who've allowed your hero to coast by with no opposition.  It's the beginning of the end of Novak and Nadal.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:50 pm

I do hope this Alcatraz doesn't start to throw his weight about like his older compatriot - banning umpires, getting draws fixed, whingeing about being injuries after each loss...but I detect an early air of entitlement and lack of humility and I don't like it.

Tennis wise - he brings a more aggressive version of Nadal - his shot power comes from the size of his quads, not the timing; he stands too far back when receiving, he runs the same or even more than Nadal and deffo has some kind of mental problem as he swings from a crestfallen, wet behind the ears kid to this guns blazing torpedo bunny rabbit exhibitionist who goes for the "look at me" shots like there is no tomorrow.

So 95% of his tennis comes directly from those dodgy thighs. Not my cup of tea.

Maybe Sinner might mature and find the way around this steroid freak - I do like his tennis more than any other young player atm.

Berettini and Kachanov are poor man's Delpos and Medved is a bit 1D with that fh.

Tsitsipas is the new Gasquet, Tiafoe the new Tsonga, the AA- is a very very very poor man's Kohlschreiber, Shapo is the new Youzhni.

Ruud reminds me of Simon for some reason. Fire beneath ice.

The likes of Fognini - fire on top of fire - probably a new Kyrgios.

So basically, nothing properly new and exciting.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:07 pm

Sinner should/could have won in 4 v Alcaraz. He had MP on his serve in the 4th. So I would not draw too quick conclusions about this SPanish player.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:22 am

God you two are stupid...

First, "could" or "should" are not the same as did.
Second, this is the youngest WN1 in the history of the game.

So, yeah - totally ordinary.  Totally not something to think maybe that he's the real deal.  No guv'nor.

And the idea he's a different version of Nadal... just what are you smoking?  30+ net winners, 40+ net approaches... plays an all round attacking game.  Lobs, net plays, serve and volleys, drop shots, and and has a mean forehand and backhand.  And a good serve - at over 120 mph regularly on 1st.  

Did either of you two fools actually tune in to that match?  Because your responses indicate to me you didn't. It was a masterclass.

He may struggle to find his feet a while, but he's 19.  He's going to win multiple slams and dominate the sport.  

As for humility, that' super rich coming from you NITB... even that username alone is ridiculous.  But for the last 2 years all you've done is rub Djokovic's over inflated slam haul in our faces and post trolling messages all over.  You're the least humble person I've met on a forum in years.

It's been hilarious for you last 5 or so years - watching an aging Federer - the greatest talent we've ever seen - getting beaten by Djokovic and squeaking through matches that in Fed's peak years he'd just be sent packing like a kid.  

Now it's your turn.  You have to watch as the wheels come off Djok, as Alcaraz dominates - as Djok is talked about as yesteryear's man.  Let's see how you like it smiley

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:39 am

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:39 am

"I think Carlos Alcaraz is at 60% of his game, he can improve a lot of things, we know he has to keep going. Now that he's number one he has to keep winning, we know that and I'll remind him of it," Ferrero explained in statements reproduced by the EFE agency.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:08 pm

Alcaraz is a phenomenal talent. I don't rate Ruud that highly, but I am more impressed by Sinner. 

I think Sinner and Alcaraz will be dominant in the next few years. Kyrgios could have been up there, but he tends to do better when he's the underdog... doesn't deal well with pressure.

N2D2L

Daniel2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum