Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2

5 posters

Go down

Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 Empty Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:36 pm

As far as I am concerned this is beautiful:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-8236039/Novak-Djokovics-reluctance-halt-world-No-1s-tennis-career-post-coronavirus-crisis.html

p.s.

Penny for Federer's thoughts. Does he still think Nole is "slapping" his returns? I bet he is.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 Empty Re: Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2

Post by N2D2L Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Dumb thing to say in my opinion.

I bet, if he ever had to sacrifice entering a grand slam, he'd change his mind.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2 Empty Re: Novak Djokovic: Balls of Titanium Part 2

Post by bogbrush Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:48 am

Course he would.

In any case, this is the kind of mystic numbskull thinking that would have TB, measles, etc. rife amongst the population. Vaccines are a good thing.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:32 am

Misunderstanding something that has made a huge difference to world health means that if any part of Djokovic is made of titanium it's the space between his ears.  People who refuse vaccines don't just affect their own health.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:46 pm

barrystar wrote:Misunderstanding something that has made a huge difference to world health means that if any part of Djokovic is made of titanium it's the space between his ears.  People who refuse vaccines don't just affect their own health.
They affect exclusively their own health. Those who are vaccinated can't be infected, can they?

Why crucify people who choose not to be vaccinated?

Did you take common flu (or bird flu/swine flu)  jab last year, this year, the year before etc...if no why not? How many died from flu in the UK last year?

The thing that bugs me these days is the hypocrisy of government bludgeoning us into quarantine lock-down social distancing prison, and at the same allowing air-travel full blast. There was an article about 150 Romanians arriving at Heathrow as "emergency" fruit-pickers, all walking out of the terminal like there is no corona virus at all (mind you, they were all wearing burkas, pardon, face-masks).

So, I want to know why hundreds of thousands of passengers are allowed in and out of the UK every day carrying on like there is no pandemic, no social distancing etc.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Did you take common flu (or bird flu/swine flu)  jab last year, this year, the year before etc...if no why not? How many died from flu in the UK last year?
The mortality rate of COVID-19 is considerably higher than the flu. The flu would not have put Boris Johnson in ICU. At the moment the data suggests that COVID-19's death rate is approximately 10 times higher than that of the flu. (And by flu I mean flu, not the common cold. Flu is way more dangerous than common cold).

noleisthebest wrote:
They affect exclusively their own health. Those who are vaccinated can't be infected, can they?

Why crucify people who choose not to be vaccinated?
This claim is simply inaccurate.

Basically:
The length of time a vaccine keeps you immune tends to match the length of time having the virus normally would keep you immune.
So for example, having measles virus in real life would mean you have lifelong immunity, hence the vaccine also offers lifelong immunity.

However, previous coronaviruses have only had a immunity of 2 years. We don't yet have data on how long the immunity for COVID-19 is, but if it's similar to previous strains, it is likely that the vaccine will only provide protection for approximately 2 years.
Now, if a significant minority of the population choose not to get vaccinated, then that means COVID-19 wouldn't be eradicated in the UK. It would stay alive by infecting those not vaccinated. Then, 2 year post-vaccine when the rest of the population are no longer immune, we would be at risk of exactly the same thing happening again with the whole population at risk of corona.
If we do develop a vaccine, it will be key to get herd immunity asap, and also ensure those coming in to the UK have been vaccinated.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:52 pm

@bogbrush

This one is for you:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-vaccine_uk_5ea067f2c5b6b2e5b83ba372

There's a punchline at the end that will make you laugh for sure.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:09 pm

I’ve heard of this but hadn’t read it. What a research subject, ffs! smiley

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:58 pm

Don't forget that our grandfathers' generations were the result of millions of years of evolution and selection. This is what makes our genetic so good and our immune system so efficient. 

Having mass vaccination is simply weakening that genetic heritage and may in the loing run make us weaker. 

Like everything it comes with double edges. I certainly do not think mass vaccination is good. I am a risk taker and I took the risk not to automatically vaccine my children. I like to rely on Mother nature who made us so strong in the first place to keep on doing so, even if there is a risk my children may catch some illnesses

It would also be foolish to think that mass vaccination has nothing to do with money and purely health. We know too well how powerful is the pharceutical lobby to ignore how deeply they are forcing our governments (if not helping them to be elected in the first place) to push towards those mass vaccinations. There is so much money to be made.

I certainly would not want to get a shot against cov19 just in case. No way! I don;t do it for flu and may wait until I get to 75 to consider it though I heard they are usually useless as they are only efficient for the previous year flu.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:25 pm

The thing about evolution, - something I am a huge fan of - is that it works by killing off people before they get to breed and allowing those better capable of survival to do so. That’s it. That’s all there is to it.

Vaccination reduces the number who die early and in that way inhibits survival if they fittest. So does a welfare state, medicine. So does helping mentally disabled people to marry. So does IVF, permitting those with substandard reproductive systems to pass their deficiency on.

Vaccination of the old has no effect on evolution. Their reproductive days are over, they can no longer do any damage to the gene pool.

Evolution is a wonderful process but it’s not interested in the delicate sensibilities of the modern World.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:37 pm

I think the creation of vaccines is very much part of evolution though. Humans evolved to become intelligent enough to create vaccines that stop children dying unnecessarily.
For example, vaccines completely wiped out smallpox, which had a high childhood mortality.

Also, not taking vaccines is sadly part of evolution. Parents who aren't intelligent enough to realise that the benefits outweigh the risks of vaccinations are more likely to have dead children and thus not pass on their genes.
I do feel very sorry for the children who did nothing wrong but died from a preventable infectious disease.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 pm

BEL19VE wrote:I think the creation of vaccines is very much part of evolution though. Humans evolved to become intelligent enough to create vaccines that stop children dying unnecessarily.
Yes and I am not against vaccines. If I get bitten by a fox which has rabies, I'd would be very pleased to get a shot to survive.

Also, not taking vaccines is sadly part of evolution. Parents who aren't intelligent enough to realise that the benefits outweigh the risks of vaccinations are more likely to have dead children and thus not pass on their genes.
Well remember, we are the result of millions of years of evolution. If I had to bet on who will survive in the next millions of years, I d rather go with those who survived so far without vaccine than taking a risk of being descendants of some idiots who are taking all the injections that those pharma lobbies pushed through our skins to get richer.

I do feel very sorry for the children who did nothing wrong but died from a preventable infectious disease.
Don;t worry about them! Worry rather about a world overpopulated, financially and ecologically fucked up because we are too many of us trying to make a living on transfusion!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:29 am

Yes, "survival of the fittest" is so misunderstood. It simply means eliminating genetic solutions unable to reproduce.

They even make the point in that really funny film, "Evolution" where at the end the massive single-celled creatures beats all the more complex organisms because the circumstances change when the army napalms them!

Human intervention changes the environment and might allow weaker organisms to copy but that's still evolution; I'd just note that if human intervention breaks down (through, war, pestilence of whatever) then there'll be a rapid re-thinning of the pool as the new environment takes over!!

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:42 am

As you all know I am not an evolutionist but a creationist.
My perspective is different from yours.

I look forward to future however bleak it seems to look, and it's only going to get worse.

Times like these are sent to us as a wake up call. Some hear it some don't.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down