Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon Draw EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon Draw EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon Draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon Draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon Draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon Draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon Draw EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon Draw EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon Draw EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Draw

+7
naxroy
summerblues
Daniel2
sphairistike
N2D2L
legendkillar
barrystar
11 posters

Go down

Wimbledon Draw Empty Wimbledon Draw

Post by barrystar Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:43 am

Federer on same side of draw as Nadal.

Djoko gets Kohlschreiber in R1, Nadal seeded to get Kyrgios in R2, Federer seeded to meet Lloyd Harris in R1, Corick in R4, Nishikori in QF, and Nadal in SF.

Djoko and Nadal will be happy - no 'disrespect' has happened Winking .  Fed will just have to get on with it.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Draw Empty Re: Wimbledon Draw

Post by legendkillar Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:01 am

Looking at Feds section, 3 wildcards and 2 qualifiers! Not looking bad from the perspective he has Schwartzman and Pouille in there. Ebden is in that section. With Nishi potentially in the QF's.

When looking at Nadal's draw, you can only hope the inspired Kyrgios shows up. Other than that Cillic in there who is woefully out of form. 

Hard to see who is actually going to trouble Nadal prior to the SF.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Fuck

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:Fuck
 You should be happy for your man, he got his seed to be the same as #2!  Thumbs Up

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:17 am

As he always does.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 am

My take on the big three:

Djokovic:  big winner of the draw - yummy cupcake.  Not only is Rafa in Fed's half, but Anderson's quarter is devoid of any serious threat.  So, if he makes it to SF, the odds are he can have a relatively stress-free SF.

Federer:  With Rafa in his half, obviously not very lucky.  But there was always 50/50 chance this was going to happen, so one cannot view it as horribly bad luck either.  Other than that, his draw looks reasonable, and depending on how the likes of Coric/Isner perform, could even end up fairly easy up to SF.

Rafa:  This one is most interesting.

He could potentially play Kyrgios-Shapovalov-Cilic back-to-back in rounds 2, 3, and 4.  On paper, it is hard to imagine much harder combo in those rounds.  Any of those players could be a respectable QF/SF opponent.  On top of that, they could be specifically bad match-ups for Rafa - all being big hitters, and even more specifically they could be more difficult for Rafa early in the tournament then they would have been if he faced them later.

So that sounds all tough.  The flipside is that Shapovalov and Cilic have been in horrible form this spring and unless they find some form real quick, Rafa might not even have to play them.  And Kyrgios is also always up-and-down.  There are some minor hopeful signs that Shapo and Cilic may be finding some form:  Cilic beat Rafa in the Hurlingham exho this week, while Shapo beat Nole in Boodles.  But of course, hard to read much into that.

In practice, Rafa's route may end up being either one from Hell, or also a very easy one, depending on how those three perform.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:44 am

And for our draw rigging aficionados - how about this:

Wimbledon put Rafa in the bottom half so that his draw looks kind of like it could have been if he had been seeded #2 making it less obvious that he may have lost out by being seeded #3.

But they gave him Kyrgios/Shapo/Cilic so that he knows to shut up next time and not whine about their tournament.

Winking

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:50 am

barrystar wrote:Djoko and Nadal will be happy - no 'disrespect' has happened Winking
I am sure Djoko will be happy but it is less obvious Rafa will be.

By being seeded #3 he lost out on having 50% chance of being alone in his half, with Fed and Nole potentially being together.  At that point, it probably did not matter to him much whether he is scheduled to play Fed first and Nole next or vice versa.

But it made the narrative more difficult for him - with this draw people will point out that it could have looked identical if he had been seeded #2, so that it will look like he did not really lose out.

In the end, it is his fault that he did not make #2 seeding.  The point formula was known well in advance and he needed to either play on grass, or do better somewhere else.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:43 am

I think its a hard draw for Nadal. Hope it opens up a little

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:29 pm

naxroy wrote:I think its a hard draw for Nadal.
Agree.

naxroy wrote:Hope it opens up a little
Disagree.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Coric pulls out with back injury replaced by LL Brayden Schnur CAN.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:47 am

Coric was perhaps the most difficult opponent standing between Fed and SF. Fed's draw is not looking bad at all. Can he make it count?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:57 am

Feds draw gotten easier. Just not easier enough for some.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:01 am

naxroy wrote:I think its a hard draw for Nadal.  Hope it opens up a little

Only the 2nd round looks like the biggest banana skin. 

In fairness to both Fed and Nadal, most of what I would consider to be grass court threats are all on the Djokovic half of the draw. 

Somewhat an odd draw. If you are a Fed or Nadal fan, you have no room for complaint whatsoever.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:24 am

Wimbledon Draw 2355573927

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:36 am

Don't be such a flannel. Seriously. Drop the stupid arsed reverse jinxing.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 am

legendkillar wrote:Don't be such a flannel. Seriously. Drop the stupid arsed reverse jinxing.
Nadal obviously has a harder draw than Djokovic and Federer, if you don’t accept that I’d have to seriously question your judgement and capacity.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:53 am

DEC1M8 wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Don't be such a flannel. Seriously. Drop the stupid arsed reverse jinxing.
Nadal obviously has a harder draw than Djokovic and Federer, if you don’t accept that I’d have to seriously question your judgement and capacity.

I seriously have to question where your brains come from or if you've watched tennis if you really believe Nadal has the hardest draw. 

And if you even remotely suggest that Shapovalov is a tought draw on grass, I will throat punch you myself.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:03 am

Violent threats don’t compensate for your lack of intellect.

This is Nadal’s run in to the final:
R1- Sugita
R2- Kyrgios
R3- Tsonga (lost to fed 7-5 in deciding set a week ago)
R4- Cilic
QF- Thiem
SF- Federer

Djokovic’s run in:
R1- Kohli
R2- Jaziri
R3- Lajovic
R4- Monfils
QF- Tsitsi
SF- Anderson

Kyrgios is the hardest possible unseeded opponent. Cilic is off form but could red line on grass. You also indicated that Fed fans shouldn’t complain about Djokovics draw, but they’d argue getting Anderson rather than Nadal for SF is very lucky.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 am

DEC1M8 wrote:Violent threats don’t compensate for your lack of intellect.

This is Nadal’s run in to the final:
R1- Sugita
R2- Kyrgios
R3- Tsonga (lost to fed 7-5 in deciding set a week ago)
R4- Cilic
QF- Thiem
SF- Federer

Djokovic’s run in:
R1- Kohli
R2- Jaziri
R3- Lajovic
R4- Monfils
QF- Tsitsi
SF- Anderson

Kyrgios is the hardest possible unseeded opponent. Cilic is off form but could red line on grass. You also indicated that Fed fans shouldn’t complain about Djokovics draw, but they’d argue getting Anderson rather than Nadal for SF is very lucky.

Ha the irony in that statement from a total numpty. 

You state Tsonga should make round 3, based on taking Federer to 3 sets, yet think Goffin who made the final won't get past Tsitsy who has been atrocious on grass? 

Your claim essentially of a tough draw effectively relies on Kyrgios and a potential in form Cillic (which I don't put much hope on at all).

Yes Federer being in Nadal's side is tough, but 1 match doesn't make the entire draw 'tough' Anderson being in that section is a joke as him being 4th seed is a joke. Zverev is in that section and could spring a surprise and be a QF opponent. 

We'll see if the draw pans out as you've stated. Can't wait to see what happens if Kyrgios falls at the first hurdle. Something on the lines of Federer fans further bemoaning Nadal's luck and Nadal fans still whinging of a tough draw.  Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:37 pm

At least we All agree is not cakewalk for Nadal this time

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:05 pm

Not a cakewalk. Its how the draw pans out essentially. For Nadal if he gets through the earlier rounds, his draw you'd have to say would open up. 

The reason the draw seems so underwhelming for all is that it is difficult to see out side of the Top 3 who will actually trouble them?

Kyrgios obviously the firecracker in the draw, but that hinges on which one shows up. If you take the in form grass players Raonic, Lopez, FAA, they are in Djokovic's side. Granted you have Mannarino and Simon somewhere in Nadal's section, but I don't ever rely on a French player to show some fortitude  Laugh Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Of the top three, Nole's draw is the toughest by far. To start with he's got Kholi, who's already beaten him this year and is a decent grass player.

Fed's draw is a cakewalk, esp with Coric pulling out, a virtual free pass to the semis. He played very well in RG, so I expect to see him in the final.

Nadal's draw is "better" than I expected, Kyrgios the only one looking dangerous in his path, but then again, what has he done this year? He may well be injured.

Don't now where Raonic and Isner are, they could be tricky. Querrey, too.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Stan, Monf, a few others can be a danger.

Djoko just brought Ivanisevic to his team to suck a little S&V tricks.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Jahu wrote:Stan, Monf, a few others can be a danger.

Djoko just brought Ivanisevic to his team to suck a little S&V tricks.
Can Goran make him look "effortless" like his serve was? I don't think so. Djoko's strength is really his willpower, professionalism and determination. Nothing I really value...but that's me. Not everybody has to have the same values.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:50 am

noleisthebest wrote:Of the top three, Nole's draw is the toughest by far.
Love is blind.  Nole has an easy draw.  Likely easiest of the three, though Fed's draw is not bad easier.  Rafa's easily the hardest.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:36 pm

legendkillar wrote:
DEC1M8 wrote:

I seriously have to question where your brains come from or if you've watched tennis if you really believe Nadal has the hardest draw. 

And if you even remotely suggest that Shapovalov is a tought draw on grass, I will throat punch you myself.

DEC1M8 is a moron, he made it clear in another thread.

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:37 pm

naxroy wrote:At least we All agree is not cakewalk for Nadal this time

Agreed. (You are a reasonable Nadal fan)

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am

summerblues wrote:
Love is blind.  Nole has an easy draw.  Likely easiest of the three, though Fed's draw is not bad easier.  Rafa's easily the hardest.
If Fedfan SB is saying this, it shows Nadal haters like LK and Sphair have really gone off the rails.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:58 am

legendkiller wrote:Yes Federer being in Nadal's side is tough, but 1 match doesn't make the entire draw 'tough' Anderson being in that section is a joke as him being 4th seed is a joke.
Right, so if you agree with me Anderson is a joke of a 4th seed, why did you say Fed fans have nothing to complain about the draw? At his age having 2 hard final matches in a row, compared to Anderson SF, could be a big obstacle.

legendkiller wrote:You state Tsonga should make round 3, based on taking Federer to 3 sets, yet think Goffin who made the final won't get past Tsitsy who has been atrocious on grass?
Goffin in the QF doesn’t really help your argument in proving Djokovic has a harder draw than Nadal.

You haven’t really made a coherent case as to how Djokovic has a harder draw. I still believe Kyrgios has a bigger chance of causing an upset than all the other players in Djokovic’s half. I would even say Tsonga, Cilic, Thiem are also harder than Djokovics R3-QF match for match.

I don’t mind a bit of passion, but if you’re going to going to make empty violet threats, atleast ensure your position is reasonable so you don’t embarrass yourself.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:05 am

DEC1M8 wrote:
legendkiller wrote:Yes Federer being in Nadal's side is tough, but 1 match doesn't make the entire draw 'tough' Anderson being in that section is a joke as him being 4th seed is a joke.
Right, so if you agree with me Anderson is a joke of a 4th seed, why did you say Fed fans have nothing to complain about the draw? At his age having 2 hard final matches in a row, compared to Anderson SF, could be a big obstacle.

legendkiller wrote:You state Tsonga should make round 3, based on taking Federer to 3 sets, yet think Goffin who made the final won't get past Tsitsy who has been atrocious on grass?
Goffin in the QF doesn’t really help your argument in proving Djokovic has a harder draw than Nadal.

You haven’t really made a coherent case as to how Djokovic has a harder draw. I still believe Kyrgios has a bigger chance of causing an upset than all the other players in Djokovic’s half. I would even say Tsonga, Cilic, Thiem are also harder than Djokovics R3-QF match for match.

I don’t mind a bit of passion, but if you’re going to going to make empty violet threats, atleast ensure your position is reasonable so you don’t embarrass yourself.

So how does being a seed 4 make any difference? You could put anyone else there and we'd all be saying the same thing. You are talking 2 matches that haven't even happened yet! 

As for your second point you haven't made a coherent argument what so ever. Just Kyrgios. Cilic in red hot form which hasn't happened and Tsonga just because he took Federer to 3 sets and Thiem on grass? I mean seriously this is piss poor.

Seriously, stop being a drama queen with the whole Nadal has a harder draw. He doesn't. As observed yesterday Djokovic's side opened up nicely. He potentially has 1 hard match prior to the nitty gritty end of the draw.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:20 am

The Fed’s semi opponent was 50:50, but if you draw the harder semi, that is still unlucky compared to Djokovic. Why aren’t you accepting that?

As for Nadal, again if you don’t think his combination of opponents drawn aren’t accumulatively harder than Djokovic, I am really lost for words.
The fact some of Djokvic’s toughest opponents went out on Day 1 further proves my point, they wouldn’t have troubled him anyway.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Because you are missing the point entirely and getting bogged down in the whole dick measuring who's draw is harder than who's.

The point is if you take the draw in it's form, all 3 have a kind draw. The one section of the draw as I stated previously where the grass court specialists (IMO) are in the Anderson side of the draw. 

You would make the argument as would I that for example would Lopez draw Djokovic he wouldn't trouble Djokovic that much as he could maybe Nadal (at a stretch).

Nadal prior to the SF (if he gets there) has one nightmare of a match, Kyrgios (should he get there). Tsonga in his current form is going to trouble Nadal (that's fanciful thinking) or even Cilic given he was beaten by bloody Schwartzman recently. Yet you and everyone else have conveniently overlooked FAA in Djokovic's side of the draw. Yes for Nadal Federer is a tough draw, but it has been a while since they've crossed swords and I'd call it 50-50. 

People on here are too caught up on who has it tougher when not looking at the actual draw in it's entirety. 

Let me ask you this. Who do you think could beat Djokovic at Wimbledon?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm

legendkiller wrote:Because you are missing the point entirely and getting bogged down in the whole dick measuring who's draw is harder than who's.
You’re the one who said Djokovic has the hardest draw out of the top 3, when it’s clear he doesn’t.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Looks like Kyrgios could be on his way if he doesn't wake up.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:13 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:
legendkiller wrote:Because you are missing the point entirely and getting bogged down in the whole dick measuring who's draw is harder than who's.
You’re the one who said Djokovic has the hardest draw out of the top 3, when it’s clear he doesn’t.

Where have I said he has the hardest draw?

I made an observation on the draw stating that the grass court threats are in Djokovic's half of the draw. You then proceeded to get your knickers in a twist about the whole thing because Nadal has the toughest draw (blah blah blah) and then further moaned I was a Nadal hater. I have stated all of the Big 3 have a relative easy path in the draw. 

You truly are incapable of sticking to the narrative of any informed debate. 

Socal has truly found his equal.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:14 pm

bogbrush wrote:Looks like Kyrgios could be on his way if he doesn't wake up.

I hope not. 

Couldn't take another forum-esq flip flop on draw strength.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:37 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Even the idea their draws are equivalent is ridiculous.

In fairness to both Fed and Nadal, most of what I would consider to be grass court threats are all on the Djokovic half of the draw.
Somewhat an odd draw. If you are a Fed or Nadal fan, you have no room for complaint whatsoever.
Questionable mental stability and poor grasp of tennis.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Even now you still can't grasp it. 

I put that down to poor education and upbringing.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:53 pm

I can grasp it. You’re arguing Djokovics draw is either equivalent or harder than Nadal’s. You’ve officially bored me now with this unreasonable nonsense.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:
summerblues wrote:
If Fedfan SB is saying this, it shows Nadal haters like LK and Sphair have really gone off the rails.
I am not a Nadal hater, re read my posts. I know your IQ is not high, I would even say pretty low, but you should notice I only ranted about him behaving like a child, I had been quite nice in many comments about him, I don;t know the guy to hate him, I think as a tennis player he is good and tough to beat and this is why I do not think the draw he has is that hard but SB may not know that well how really good the various players on each draw are. Fed got unlucky to have Rafa on his side of the draw and that is a fact, the rest on grass does not really matter to me, he has had the hardest draw he could have had because of that point alone. At the Fedal level, it is about their chances of winning the slams first, even though chronologically they would have to get to SF first, but losing in R2 or QF is really the same for them. Can your low IQ get that?

Last edited by sphairistike on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:54 pm

legendkillar wrote:
DEC1M8 wrote:

So how does being a seed 4 make any difference? You could put anyone else there and we'd all be saying the same thing. You are talking 2 matches that haven't even happened yet! 

As for your second point you haven't made a coherent argument what so ever. Just Kyrgios. Cilic in red hot form which hasn't happened and Tsonga just because he took Federer to 3 sets and Thiem on grass? I mean seriously this is piss poor.

Seriously, stop being a drama queen with the whole Nadal has a harder draw. He doesn't. As observed yesterday Djokovic's side opened up nicely. He potentially has 1 hard match prior to the nitty gritty end of the draw.
 Amen to that. I'd even add, DEC1M8 stop being an idiot  Thumbs Up

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:54 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:The Fed’s semi opponent was 50:50, but if you draw the harder semi, that is still unlucky compared to Djokovic. Why aren’t you accepting that?
At last something from you that makes sense.

Last edited by sphairistike on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:56 pm

legendkillar wrote:Because you are missing the point entirely and getting bogged down in the whole dick measuring who's draw is harder than who's.

The point is if you take the draw in it's form, all 3 have a kind draw. The one section of the draw as I stated previously where the grass court specialists (IMO) are in the Anderson side of the draw. 

You would make the argument as would I that for example would Lopez draw Djokovic he wouldn't trouble Djokovic that much as he could maybe Nadal (at a stretch).

Nadal prior to the SF (if he gets there) has one nightmare of a match, Kyrgios (should he get there). Tsonga in his current form is going to trouble Nadal (that's fanciful thinking) or even Cilic given he was beaten by bloody Schwartzman recently. Yet you and everyone else have conveniently overlooked FAA in Djokovic's side of the draw. Yes for Nadal Federer is a tough draw, but it has been a while since they've crossed swords and I'd call it 50-50. 

People on here are too caught up on who has it tougher when not looking at the actual draw in it's entirety. 

Let me ask you this. Who do you think could beat Djokovic at Wimbledon?
So right on so many points!  Thumbs Up

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:57 pm

legendkillar wrote:
DEC1M8 wrote:

I made an observation on the draw stating that the grass court threats are in Djokovic's half of the draw. You then proceeded to get your knickers in a twist about the whole thing because Nadal has the toughest draw (blah blah blah) and then further moaned I was a Nadal hater. I have stated all of the Big 3 have a relative easy path in the draw. 

You truly are incapable of sticking to the narrative of any informed debate. 

Socal has truly found his equal.
And someone whose IQ is way lower!

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 pm

legendkillar wrote:Even now you still can't grasp it. 

I put that down to poor education and upbringing.
And low intelligence, please do not forget that!

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down