Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Aus open prediction game: Day 12

+9
bogbrush
legendkillar
noleisthebest
Tenez
Slippy
Daniel2
Jahu
naxroy
luvsports!
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus open prediction game: Day 12

Post by Slippy Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Slippy wrote:Just watching the junior final. The top seed, Musetti, has a very stylish one handed backhand. Currently a break down but looks to have a strong all round game.
Musetti won the final in the end 14-12 I think in the final set tiebreak. Check out the backhand he hit at a set, 1-2 and *0-40 down if you get a chance. Phenomenal one hander DTL under pressure, which turned the match around.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Aus open prediction game: Day 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus open prediction game: Day 12

Post by Daniel2 Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Djok hasn't got any prayer of reaching Fed's slam haul.  And even if he did, it would be easier to swallow than Nadal - a loathsome cheat.

Djok all the way - every day.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Slippy wrote:
Slippy wrote:Just watching the junior final. The top seed, Musetti, has a very stylish one handed backhand. Currently a break down but looks to have a strong all round game.
Musetti won the final in the end 14-12 I think in the final set tiebreak. Check out the backhand he hit at a set, 1-2 and *0-40 down if you get a chance. Phenomenal one hander DTL under pressure, which turned the match around.
Awesome!
I saw your post this morning and tried to see the match, but bet365 weren't showing it. Musetti was losing at the time.
Really glad he won in the end!
And interesting that it's the Italians still nurturing the school of SBH.
Must be another Fed fan, like Tsits.

I just hope Tsits and Shapo win big titles so the flame of SBH never dies out. Rose

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Slippy wrote:
summerblues wrote:
Slippy wrote:
summerblues wrote:We need Nole once again:Idemo Majstore! Sad
Just curious but, if Novak wins here, will you switch to being a Nadal supporter at RG if it’s a repeat final?
No.I have been thinking what it would take for me to root for Rafa.  I suspect if Nole were to win AO, RG and W and then they met in the USO final with Nole aiming for slam #18 and a CYGS, I would then probably find myself rooting for Rafa.But I do not expect that to happen, and I expect RG 2012 final will forever remain the only match where I was hoping Rafa would win.
Interesting, I’m very surprised you wouldn’t switch even if Nole had won Oz and RG and they met in the Wimbledon final. Feels to me tomorrow is Nadal’s final chance to stay within range of Fed. If Novak were to get to 16 after RG, he’d then be by far the clear and present danger to Fed’s slam record.
Funny how you care about who's going to root against Nadal/Nole.
I couldn't care less.
That kind of support is meaningless and worthless.
You either cheer for the player you like or don't cheer at all.

I'd feel like a whore otherwise.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:15 pm

What about drinking wine when Nadal loses?  I've done it a number of times.  Nothing sweeter than Pinor Noir when he's there pretending to be injured at the finish line.  If he goes 2-0 down tomorrow in sets, you watch for the fake limping./

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Slippy wrote:
summerblues wrote:
Slippy wrote:
summerblues wrote:We need Nole once again:Idemo Majstore! Sad
Just curious but, if Novak wins here, will you switch to being a Nadal supporter at RG if it’s a repeat final?
No.I have been thinking what it would take for me to root for Rafa.  I suspect if Nole were to win AO, RG and W and then they met in the USO final with Nole aiming for slam #18 and a CYGS, I would then probably find myself rooting for Rafa.But I do not expect that to happen, and I expect RG 2012 final will forever remain the only match where I was hoping Rafa would win.
Interesting, I’m very surprised you wouldn’t switch even if Nole had won Oz and RG and they met in the Wimbledon final. Feels to me tomorrow is Nadal’s final chance to stay within range of Fed. If Novak were to get to 16 after RG, he’d then be by far the clear and present danger to Fed’s slam record.
Funny how you care about who's going to root against Nadal/Nole.
I couldn't care less.
That kind of support is meaningless and worthless.
You either cheer for the player you like or don't cheer at all.

I'd feel like a whore otherwise.
I quite agree. I’m just seeking to understand the psyche of someone who seems to spend a lot of time hoping a particular player doesn’t win tennis matches.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Slippy wrote:
I quite agree. I’m just seeking to understand the psyche of someone who seems to spend a lot of time hoping a particular player doesn’t win tennis matches.
That one is easy.
When I don't like a player I really enjoy seeing them lose.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 pm

really nervous for tomorrow

I would love nadal to win, but I know it is gonna be difficult. of couse Nole is a great champion too, so any outcome will bring a huge achievement

lets hope they give us another classic

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 pm

There are no classics between these 2.  Just the same old baseline shit that Nadal usually wins on clay and Djok usually wins on hard court.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:39 am

Slippy wrote:Interesting, I’m very surprised you wouldn’t switch even if Nole had won Oz and RG and they met in the Wimbledon final. Feels to me tomorrow is Nadal’s final chance to stay within range of Fed. If Novak were to get to 16 after RG, he’d then be by far the clear and present danger to Fed’s slam record.
Who knows, maybe I would find myself rooting for Rafa in that scenario, it is not something I consciously decide beforehand.  There have been many early round matches where I was "planning" to root for Nole because I needed him to win but once the match started I found myself rooting against him.

But knowing myself, I doubt I would root for Rafa in your scenario.  I think it is not just about the probability of catching Fed, other things come in play.  Where I find Nole's game merely boring, I find Rafa's repulsive.  Also, I think deep down I think that Nole is superior to Rafa, so seeing him catch Rafa up would probably satisfy some sense of "justice" in me.

Whereas a prospect of Nole's CYGS would probably bother me enough that I would root even for Rafa against it.

But these are all guesses, I would not know for certain how I would feel until then and there.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2