Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The US swing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The US swing

+6
legendkillar
Tenez
Daniel
gallery play
summerblues
bogbrush
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The US swing - Page 2 Empty Re: The US swing

Post by Daniel Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm

And, yeah, Jahu...  "..." seems to think that steroids are magic beans.  Put a few in your mouth and the muscles appear like Popeye  Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny1I3kFM7iI

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Daniel wrote:
... wrote:
You haven't proven they are not fake either.
Come on,  let's see a proof they are not fake.
Oh, dear god.  You are pulling a "prove a negative" on me?  It isn't up to me to start proving they aren't.  I am not the one making the claim that they are fake.  YOU are.  The burden of proof is with YOU. When YOU make an accusation, YOU have to prove it.  Otherwise, you are just being libellous and ignorant.
You see, you don't have the proof.

I don't have to proove anything. I made a statement/observation, you disagreed.
The burden is only in your mind.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:02 pm

So let's understand this immense logic...

You make a libellous statement that you admit you cannot prove at all (hence why it's libellous) and have no relevant evidence for

and 

I have to prove that it isn't true or your statement is deemed valid.

Is that how your mind works in general? I can't prove that fairies don't exist. Again, please stay away from jury duty.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Daniel wrote:And, yeah, Jahu...  "..." seems to think that steroids are magic beans.  Put a few in your mouth and the muscles appear like Popeye  Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny1I3kFM7iI

Popey rocks, Olive not so much  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 am

... wrote:
Daniel wrote:
... wrote:
You haven't proven they are not fake either.
Come on,  let's see a proof they are not fake.
Oh, dear god.  You are pulling a "prove a negative" on me?  It isn't up to me to start proving they aren't.  I am not the one making the claim that they are fake.  YOU are.  The burden of proof is with YOU. When YOU make an accusation, YOU have to prove it.  Otherwise, you are just being libellous and ignorant.
You see, you don't have the proof.

I don't have to proove anything. I made a statement/observation, you disagreed.
The burden is only in your mind.

So what would constitute actual proof?

Daniel could easily use Google and find actual statements of players proclaiming they are clean and referencing diets and training regimes they use.

To save you the bother, as it's been a broken record on this forum. The response to those findings would be: "Well look at Lance Armstrong"

Daniel could find all the proof in the world and be flogged to death with that statement. Basically as Armstrong cheated and doped, it means everyone is guilty because of that.

Fools logic.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:14 am

But likewise it would be to me even more ridiculous to ignore doping in sport. It is as important as training...if not more.

Of course we don t have proof besides the stupid guys who get caught. But thats the name of the game. If a 1992 100m race has 9 proven dopers out 10...and WADA estimates at least 85% of athletes dope then one may be perfectly entitled to deduct that the top athletes cheat.

Only a gullible fan would think Amstrong is a ine off...especially considering that now so called "clean" racers ride faster than him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:26 am

Conversely only a gullible fan would apply the Armstrong case to every athlete.

I think you are referencing the 1988 100M that Bailey won? The race that changed the world?

No-one is ignoring doping. Look at the amount of positive tests that arise many years later. Make what you will of that. I approach it with much cynicism. I find it absolutely ridiculous that it takes 5 years to obtain a positive test. I don't for a second believe the gap in tech and innovation between the testers and dopers is that huge.

I do believe that doping goes on, however given the many forms it takes, it's a case of pick your poison. Now why are athletes doping? Are they doping for the extra edge? Or are they doping just to keep their bodies in one piece? The motive of athletes is something I am divided on.

If sports are requiring the high levels of athleticism we are seeing in sports and athletes can only maintain that with some form doping, then the rules need looking at. There comes a time when high levels can only be sustained through illegal or shortcutting.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 pm

It wouldn't be so bad if Tenez and ... [side note, that 'name' ("..." "formally Nole") is the worst username of all time] were consistent, but when an athlete they like is found guilty, they actually defend the athlete.  It seems to me that guilt for them is based entirely on whether they like the player or not - and if that same player is successful.  I notice Murray (yes, he is an obnoxious cretin, but that's not the point) has been inducted into the "Tenez and ... School of Dopers".  So far, the 'evidence' on him seems to be "Look at dem muscles!" and "He runs so much."  

I guess Kyrgios is a serial doper, too.  And Tomic. Not many like those guys, right?  So if they were to start winning, suddenly they'd be granted access to Camp Witch Hunt. I just prefer to have actual evidence rather than lynch mobs.  That's just me.

Last edited by Daniel on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:48 pm

What does "tenez" mean anyway? Hold/keep from translator?

Tenez votre chien en laisse.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 am

I thought it's just something that sounds like tennis.
I was talking about "..." though.  Formally NITB, which I will now use instead. It's a ridiculous name for a forum.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:28 am

Ah, I thought you ridiculed Tenez's name so wanted to know what it means.

... is just a traitor to Djoko, gave up on him so easy and suddenly she became Feds biggest fan here smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:50 am

Sharapova the Russian has to be found guilty twice though until we can berate her, let's not forget.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Jahu wrote:Ah, I thought you ridiculed Tenez's name so wanted to know what it means.

... is just a traitor to Djoko, gave up on him so easy and suddenly she became Feds biggest fan here smiley
But scratch the surface and the Djokovic enthusiasm shows. I think she's loyal to Djokovic but his d1ck behaviour is a bit embarrassing to support. Murdoch said something similar.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Guess his peasant behavior was more understandable, but this new love, hugs, kisses, fake little fuk.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:56 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:Ah, I thought you ridiculed Tenez's name so wanted to know what it means.

But scratch the surface and the Djokovic enthusiasm shows. I think she's loyal to Djokovic but his d1ck behaviour is a bit embarrassing to support. Murdoch said something similar.
Something like that.

Deep inside he's a gem, though and I've always liked it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 pm

I like Nole. He's one of the few players to play the game fair most times and also applaud the opponent. I don't like his baseline style so much, but I admire his athleticism and will to win.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:34 pm

DECIMA wrote:Sharapova the Russian has to be found guilty twice though until we can berate her, let's not forget.
yes ....based on some ridiculous logic I read on that tropic here.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:38 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 am

Federer confirmed in for Canada.

Eyeing ranking points?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 am

Andy just stays there to minimize his tax exposure to UK, with a certain amount of days out of UK and sucking the non-dom status.

So Fed just doing Monteral? Confirmed Cinci yet?

Btw Serena is again on equal pay, now on Black equal pay  Laugh

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/01/serena-williams-publishes-a-badass-essay-explaining-why-black-women-deserve-equal-pay-6821332/

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:34 am

I'd be very surprised if Fed didn't do Cinci...  it's the fastest HC of the season. And one he has had a lot of success with.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Jahu wrote:Andy just stays there to minimize his tax exposure to UK, with a certain amount of days out of UK and sucking the non-dom status.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/01/serena-williams-publishes-a-badass-essay-explaining-why-black-women-deserve-equal-pay-6821332/
There is equal pay everywhere. For the same jobs. Hell, in tennis there's equal pay for an inferior job for women.

Victimhood Addiction Syndrome. A big disease of our times.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Serena seems to be worried about black women earning less than men for the same job.

"‘To recognize that women of color (sic) have to work—on average—eight months longer to earn the same as their male counterparts do in one year,"
But, by the same rule where is the equality in her earning millions for playing a sport and her co-black woman paid peanuts working as a nurse for example.

Why doesn't she just shut up...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:13 pm

I'm finding it difficult to believe that in the US a black woman has to work 20 months to earn the same as a man doing the same job earns in 12 months. If it's correct, then clearly it's entirely appropriate for Serena to speak out - it would be wrong. However, id like to see the underlying basis for the figures.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Like with anything, compare apples with apples. I've yet to come across equality in pay based on race or gender!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Jahu wrote:Andy just stays there to minimize his tax exposure to UK, with a certain amount of days out of UK and sucking the non-dom status.

Are you a tax collector working for HMRC?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm sure he'll be there, nobody confirms until last week.

Looks like he's going for the full house.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Slippy wrote:I'm finding it difficult to believe that in the US a black woman has to work 20 months to earn the same as a man doing the same job earns in 12 months. If it's correct, then clearly it's entirely appropriate for Serena to speak out - it would be wrong. However, id like to see the underlying basis for the figures.

It#'s completely wrong. What the media don't tell you is that they aren't doing the SAME JOB.  They look at black women doing a low paid job - to white men doing mostly well paid jobs... and then say there is a pay gap.  It's complete horse shit. This horse has been flogged long after it was bones. It's been demonstrated to be false numerous times.  But SJW and virtue signallers keep bringing it up.  The truth is, Serena is herself likely an anti white racist.

Do you know anyone in your workplace who is paid differently for the same job?  I've never seen it - because it's ILLEGAL and easy to prove. But when you compare men v women black v white - and do so NOT ON THE SAME JOB, well of course there is a disparity. Because white men dominate the science and tech dept and computer market and so on. It's just total shite.

How about Serena start with pay equality in tennis? Where women are paid same as men despite massively lower audience, lower ticket prices, lower quality, 3 instead of 5 sets, and the privilege to enter the men's tour - while the men can't enter the women's.  Start there, Serena, you ugly cunt.  Star

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Tenez wrote:

Are you a tax collector working for HMRC?

No, but sold to HMRC a DVD with rich Brits accounts, hiding money around the Alps  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 pm

bogbrush wrote:

I'm sure he'll be there, nobody confirms until last week.

Looks like he's going for the full house.

So wins at Montreal, Cinci, USO? Triple whammy?

You're bad  Laugh  The US swing - Page 2 2187623656

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 pm

bogbrush wrote:

There is equal pay everywhere. For the same jobs. Hell, in tennis there's equal pay for an inferior job for women.

Victimhood Addiction Syndrome. A big disease of our times.

Thanks for this, added to my filofax of quotes for meetings  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 pm

You're welcome Jahu, it's a feature of our times isn't it? At least if you watch too much BBC it is.

I see Murray out of Canada now so Rafa could take the #1 spot.

I think both he and Federer are targeting top 2 for the USO. It offers a 50%% chance of only meeting one of Murray and the other to win it. That says, unless Murray perks up soon that wouldn't matter anyway.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:27 am

Can the tennis start already!, test cricket is fun but no real humdingers this summer. India Sri Lanka is too one sided, and England South Africa haven't had a close match yet, just a seesaw of one team being good while the other is bad.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:01 am

DECIMA wrote:test cricket is fun
If you say so.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:03 am

Jahu wrote:So wins at Montreal, Cinci, USO? Triple whammy?
He is not going to do that.  He will run out of gas if he tries.  If he indeed plays and goes deep in Montreal, he needs to pull out of (or lose early in) Cincy.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Murray is not playing in Montreal, so Nadal number one on Monday? 

And with everyone injured, only Federer to potentially stop him.. 

Wooow!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 pm

who else is injured?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Cillic, Wawrinka and Murray out of Montreal. Djokovic out for the season.

Sharapova out of Montreal.

Potentially looking at Wawrinka and Murray not making the US Open. I would be salivating at the prospect if I had the confidence in someone other than Fedal winning the tournament.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm

legendkillar wrote:Cillic, Wawrinka and Murray out of Montreal. Djokovic out for the season.

Sharapova out of Montreal.

Potentially looking at Wawrinka and Murray not making the US Open. I would be salivating at the prospect if I had the confidence in someone other than Fedal winning the tournament.
Yep....I am hoping Nishi, Kyrgios, Zverev can finally find some form.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Me too. Kyrgios is struggling physically, Nishi looks out of nick like Zverev too.

Don't get me wrong no issue with Fedal winning it, however some signs that the field is catching up would be good.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Tenez wrote:who else is injured?

Not that they are in contention for number one spot, but Kyrgios amd Pouille both retired the other day.

Murray, Stan, Nole are out.

Nishikori and Raonic are always on the verge of retiring. Goffin, Simon, too.

So, who's left to do any damage?

A.Zverev, Thiem & Berdych?

I wrote Monfils and Tsonga long time ago.

Medvedev beat Dimi yesterday, maybe he can start to be more consistent.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Stan out for the season.

Something going on wth him & Djokovic? SmoochSmooch

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:07 pm

legendkillar wrote:Me too. Kyrgios is struggling physically, Nishi looks out of nick like Zverev too.

Don't get me wrong no issue with Fedal winning it, however some signs that the field is catching up would be good.
Let's start with some sign that the field isn't receding over the horizon!

FFS, this is getting ridiculous.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:18 pm

So Fed and a few kids left on tour?

Goood!!!

That drugged russian, Sharapova is rusty, needs a little of my treatment.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Murray pulls out of Cincy.

Almost certain that Federer & Nadal will be the top seeds at the USO.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:44 am

If Murray is going to miss the US Open, he might as well just finish for the season and recover. Come back next season stronger.

The No.1 ranking is all but gone and if he isn't going to be fit for the last Slam, just let it go for now.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:27 pm

That's what someone with a brain would do, LK.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 am

Wonder how long Murray will give it before he confirms intentions for the US Open? I'd have to say a week Monday will be the latest.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2