Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.

+3
noleisthebest
Daniel
Tenez
7 posters

Go down

Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  Empty Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:09 am

I thought it was about time we create such a thread here.

Imagine the poor members over there who can't express their views about doping, can't rejoice at a loss of Nadal or Murray without having the armada of fans lynching them.

This is your thread. Let it go!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  Empty Re: Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:18 am

I know you're joking, but they aren't poor members... they are deserving of the clique they have created.  Banning Bogbrush for having an opposite view to them was the lowest part of it all.  But one I kind of saw coming.  It's just a crazed clique that is familiar too often on forums. They deserve their stagnant gulag.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  Empty Re: Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:20 am

Did they ban BB as well?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:21 am

FedererKing wrote:I know you're joking, but they aren't poor members... they are deserving of the clique they have created.  Banning Bogbrush for having an opposite view to them was the lowest part of it all.  But one I kind of saw coming.  It's just a crazed clique that is familiar too often on forums. They deserve their stagnant gulag.

Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:08 am

Tenez wrote:I thought it was about time we create such a thread here.

Imagine the poor members over there who can't express their views about doping, can't rejoice at a loss of Nadal or Murray without having the armada of fans lynching them.

This is your thread. Let it go!

Good idea, they can come and bash Nole if they want, too! Run

We all know whose daddy is the strongest. Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:49 am

Ah they don't need a thread. I think us stragglers do fine on our own here smiley

I have given up on the doping discussion. Just because it'll never ever go away from sport.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:09 pm

they should know that they are welcome here and that there is a place for them to voice their opinion
i know what it was like to be there,its like being a refugee in a concentration camp...controlled and told what youre allowed to think or say
life is so much better when youre free!!
everyone is welcome here and everyones opinion is valid here whether we agree with it or not (even amri and socal)

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:59 pm

The moment that Temporary21 shemale banned me for nothing related to me, and in general since he/she/it was made a Mod, that Forum has gone down.

Let alone the everyday Libel crap, oh don't post that, it can be libel, forum can be sued, truth being labeled as racism, blla blla, sounds like a bunch of lawyers who have lost their jobs on a child abuse case.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks all for participating here. I always felt there was no need for moderators when discussing tennis unless we are dealing with hyterical fans. 

Its just a sport isnt it?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Veejay wrote:they should know that they are welcome here and that there is a place for them to voice their opinion
i know what it was like to be there,its like being a refugee in a concentration camp...controlled and told what youre allowed to think or say
[b[life is so much better when youre free!![/b]
everyone is welcome here and everyones opinion is valid here whether we agree with it or not (even amri and socal)

Exactly!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Jahu wrote:The moment that Temporary21 shemale banned me for nothing related to me, and in general since he/she/it was made a Mod, that Forum has gone down.

Let alone the everyday Libel crap, oh don't post that, it can be libel, forum can be sued, truth being labeled as racism, blla blla, sounds like a bunch of lawyers who have lost their jobs on a child abuse case.

The hilarious thing is - I even told them when I was a member there that they either don't know what the libel laws actually are or, more likely, they are using "libel" as an excuse to make sure certain views are never allowed. I am absolutely sure that the latter is the case.  If I say "I think Nadal is a doper" that is not libel, because it expresses an opinion, not a fact. If a mainstream newspaper wrote "Is Nadal doping", and then listed arguments for why it may be true, including the opinions of other players, then this is also not libel. Sure, they'd come under more scrutiny and it's more dangerous, but it is not libel.

But, come on, does anyone think the ATP or Nadal are even going to try to sue a few people on a random forum for expressing an OPINION that he is a doper?  Of course not. 

I saw this libel excuse bullshit at another forum I used to frequent, and it was used there in the exact same way - to stop people saying the "wrong thing". The admin and mods there treat people like fools but, sadly, some there really are stupid enough not to know. And many others welcome the approach as it is protecting their favourite player.  I chose Nadal as an example because it is the easiest example. But they use this libel excuse all over that detestable forum to stop debate on certain subjects.

And don't even get me started on "racism" accusations.  I posted a select few quotes by Muhammad in the Koran that justify murder of non Muslims. I was banned for "racism". This was on a topic about the Boston marathon bombing. The irony was totally lost on them that they were, in effect, calling Muhammad a racist. Also, Islam is not a race. They just use any means they can to shut people up on topics they don't like.  "Libel" "Racism" are just code words for "We don't like what you are saying, and we only like freedom of speech when the speech is in line with what we believe".

In short, the admin, mods, and many members over at Gulag Central are anti democratic, whinging idiots— and are often leftie toadies.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:51 pm

We can say what we want but it also important not to try to offend people on race and religion. All members here would restraint from hurting other members. Its not worth it. We have our views but they are only views! None of us hold the Truth. As a rule I d say the more convinced one is about being right the more wrong he/she is likely to be.

The best example to prove my point is those idiots of Isis who think they know what's right and wrong. Bush and his peers are their perfect counterpart.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:56 pm

Offending is a fundamental right of free speech, Tenez. If you think it isn't then you are no better than 606v2.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:05 am

You may have the right to offend like you have the right to fart in a public place....but what is it going to bring you in return? Shame and more offence. To me this is immaturity. I did not create this forum to have the right to offend but just to discuss tennis. And that is how we will keep it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 am

Oh, and if people are offended by their views on a tennis player, then what?  You ain't making any sense. Do you realize how offended Nadal fans would be by your remarks on him doping? You sound to me like you're as confused as the fools over at the Gulag.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:49 am

You see. You are not making the difference. I woudl not say to say Nadal that he is doping cause I have no proof and woudl not want to offend him because I have no proof. If I say what I think about Nadal's doping, I am not offending ayone but Nadal. His fans are not offended cause his fans are Nadal.

Can you make the difference or are you as confused as a Nadal's fan?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:50 am

I am pretty sure that if you say you think he is doping that will offend many of his fans, yes. But you're clearly missing my point again.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:34 am

The truth is absolute and is meant to divide, to separate wheat from the chaff.

Then there is love.

Yes, this is a tennis forum and we are all just people, all in the same boat.

And the ride is most enjoyable when the sea is smooth.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 am

This is my 10th year on tennis forums and I loved every moment (well, almost Thread dedicated to 606 v2 members needing to speak their minds.  3919515806  ).

Learnt so much, had so much fun.

We fans, also have our seasons...travel the globe virtually, go through emotional roller coasters in matches.

All that in parallel with our "real" lives and all they bring. headhurts
It is not always easy to control emotions amd circumstances, so it's important to be understanding and forgiving.

I can certainly write a book about it! Big Grin

BBC 606 was great as it had many people we all  jived & bogeyed happily together.

Then when we dispersed into smaller forums trouble started.

606v2 is run by mediocre brains who run it heavy-handedly.

The foundrs are pribably not tennis fans, and we, tennis nation are a special breed, aren't we Winking

I think that's where the problem lies in v2.

Amywa, I a,mhlad they kicked memout and I am here...I  must have been such a monster...monster

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:26 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Yes, this is a tennis forum and we are all just people, all in the same boat.

And the ride is most enjoyable when the sea is smooth.

No point in smooth rides and enjoyable stuff on the Forum.(well maybe sometimes ok)

We all need some fighting and b1tching sometimes with Forum people, a few offences, a ban here and there, some adrenaline release, vent off the stress, get on someones back etc etc.  Angry

Point is on this Forum everyone is smart and not a single punch bag on sight to release some tension.

We need some new members like me, who don't come here for tennis, but b1tch a little, complain, take a few shots on some Player (preferably on Djoko so they can be friends with  me) and move on.

We need some ladies too, possibly from 18-25 who live with their parents and eager to be emotionally abused, and not the kind like Nitb who comes here all tired after ironing 3 hours and twice making dinner as she burned it first time Whistle

So I will start recruiting new members soon smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:35 am

Hehe Jahu, I am currently sitting on a balcony overlooking a stunning view of cote d'azur...

All paid by myself...

No Monte Carlo wannabes here... 

Ciao....the beach is calling....Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:38 am

You can see cote d'azur only on TV or Thomas Cook brochures  brokenheart

Finish the beach, and after it call me for some after sun advanced fun.

Enjoy it smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Tenez wrote:Did they ban BB as well?
It did happen, though it wasn't so much "they" as a temp-inspired piece of nonsense that Hero was dragged into. I think a few spoke up and once contact was re-established I found him very receptive to common sense. Making temp a moderator was a catastrophic delusion, he/she is completely incapable of the simple task of checking the actual rules were enforced or of understanding what libel is. It was like a social justice warrior on speed in a pub debate, just desperate to shut down anything stronger than the schedule for the days play.

It did become funny when the rules got relaxed and temp tried to go for it by sucking up to Djokovic fans to annoy Feds. 

However the damage was done for me and I haven't been back.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Absolute ghost town over there. Haven't seen HMM or emancipator posting. Lags and Lydian do occasionally. Not sure if socal has been banned again.

Just BS and CC mainly. The US Open threads were totally dead.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:05 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Did they ban BB as well?
It did happen, though it wasn't so much "they" as a temp-inspired piece of nonsense that Hero was dragged into. I think a few spoke up and once contact was re-established I found him very receptive to common sense. Making temp a moderator was a catastrophic delusion, he/she is completely incapable of the simple task of checking the actual rules were enforced or of understanding what libel is. It was like a social justice warrior on speed in a pub debate, just desperate to shut down anything stronger than the schedule for the days play.

It did become funny when the rules got relaxed and temp tried to go for it by sucking up to Djokovic fans to annoy Feds. 

However the damage was done for me and I haven't been back.

Wow....

Anyway commentating tennis takes less a part in my life than it did.....so I enjoy my peaceful, quiet forum here and hardly ever missed V2.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 pm

legendkillar wrote:Absolute ghost town over there. Haven't seen HMM or emancipator posting. Lags and Lydian do occasionally. Not sure if socal has been banned again.

Just BS and CC mainly. The US Open threads were totally dead.

We have had very dead time too.....but we are a solid core.

I miss AutomnLeaf.....I wish she was coming back.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum