Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Come on Andy! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Come on Andy! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Come on Andy! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Come on Andy! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Come on Andy! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Come on Andy! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Come on Andy! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Come on Andy! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Come on Andy! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Come on Andy!

4 posters

Go down

Come on Andy! Empty Come on Andy!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:24 pm

I know that there are not a lot of Andy supporters here but still I am doing this post as this is what i did for Fed and it worked for him.

Come on Andy, you can do it!

PUSH THE BUTTON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu3FTEmN-eg

Back to top Go down

Come on Andy! Empty Re: Come on Andy!

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Who else is for ANdy here? GP I gathered? not many but I agree there is a case for Murray to win a slam at some stage. It woudl be cruel if he didn't.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks Tenez. smiley will you be watching it?

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Are you rooting for Andy T? I thought you prefered Djoko.

I've already made my preference clear: Andy, because it's about time.
Nadal 11, Djoko 5, Murray 0, that's out of balance. I grant Lendl the success too.

And let's be real: is Murray so much more the "pushing" player compared with Djoko? We'll see.

BTW: Djoko is slightly favorite in my view

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 pm

GP, all sports journalists and majority of posters agree that Murray and Djokovic play similar styles except few blinkered fans.

I dsiagree with you on djoko being fav, watch this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19539257

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

gallery play wrote:Are you rooting for Andy T? I thought you prefered Djoko.

Nadal 11, Djoko 5, Murray 0, that's out of balance. I grant Lendl the success too.

And let's be real: is Murray so much more the "pushing" player compared with Djoko? We'll see.

No - I am still strongly in favour of Djoko. I find Djoko's game slightly less dependant on his physique. He takes the ball earlier and is a tad more gutsy. You will see that his shots are deeper and riskier, despite taking the ball earlier. But it's also all this negative attitude that grates with Murray. The shrieking after hitting the ball, the constant pretending of having cramps (we will see this again tonight) and the "c'mon" after easy UEs from opponent.

The only good thing about Murray winning is that it will leave Federer with a slight chance to end up year end number one.

But as you know I don;t mind much about Fed's record now.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

I rank Djoko a little stronger physically that's why for me he's the favorite in a best of 5.
Otoh: the plus Andy has is his good record against Djoko on relatively fast courts. He's basically winning every time when they meet on faster courts.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm

So tenez, where exactly Murray fits in your anking of boring players?

Nadal, Ferrer, Murray, Djoko?

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Are you rooting for Andy T? I thought you prefered Djoko.

No - I am still strongly in favour of Djoko. I find Djoko's game slightly less dependant on his physique. He takes the ball earlier and is a tad more gutsy. You will see that his shots are deeper and riskier, despite taking the ball earlier. But it's also all this negative attitude that grates with Murray. The shrieking after hitting the ball, the constant pretending of having cramps (we will see this again tonight) and the "c'mon" after easy UEs from opponent.

Yeah, i understand
I'm not going to sacrifice much of my night of sleep anyway. I might call it a day after the first set.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm

gallery play wrote:I rank Djoko a little stronger physically that's why for me he's the favorite in a best of 5.
Otoh: the plus Andy has is his good record against Djoko on relatively fast courts. He's basically winning every time when they meet on faster courts.

Djoko is simply naturally more athletic than Murray. His moving is more natural, he seems extremely flexible but his legs, torso and arms are really thiner than Murray. You are right that Djoko has most likely better stamina cause he simply uses less power. Taking the ball earlier makes a huge difference over 5 sets: less court to cover and less energy is needed to send the ball on the other side.

Good pointg on the faster surfaces....but AA is teh slowest of the USO courts.

I think the shots won;t go as fast as yesterday's womens final.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

wow3 wrote:So tenez, where exactly Murray fits in your anking of boring players?

Nadal, Ferrer, Murray, Djoko?

They are all exciting to watch when facing each other. However I find them boring to watch v a Federer or a Llodra cause they are just there waiting for the drop of form when UEs start flowing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 pm

"Today we'll see if [Murray's coach] Ivan Lendl has mad a difference. It'll be huge. Whoever wins this could finish the year as the number one player.

<p>"In the past with the top three players, Murray has been passive and negative. The negativity is out of his repertoire - he's not yelling at his support team anymore - and he's more aggressive, the serve and forehand has improved. He's fitter than ever."
A bit more non-sense from McEnroe...Murray was yelling at his team in the Cilic match and prob others. Plus not sure how much of a chance Murray has to get to number 1 by YE.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 am

Tenez, tsk tsk tsk, "He's fitter than ever" is the key sentence here Come on Andy! 2786941968

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:16 am

sphairistike wrote:Tenez, tsk tsk tsk, "He's fitter than ever" is the key sentence here Come on Andy! 2786941968

Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 am

Tenez wrote:
"Today we'll see if [Murray's coach] Ivan Lendl has mad a difference. It'll be huge. Whoever wins this could finish the year as the number one player.

<p>"In the past with the top three players, Murray has been passive and negative. The negativity is out of his repertoire - he's not yelling at his support team anymore - and he's more aggressive, the serve and forehand has improved. He's fitter than ever."
A bit more non-sense from McEnroe...Murray was yelling at his team in the Cilic match and prob others. Plus not sure how much of a chance Murray has to get to number 1 by YE.

he has got his first slam, oly gold which still eludes roger and novak. He will be no. 1 soon. He is the right heir to Fed, I have been saying that for long time. He has Novak under his thumb now. Novak will have to play really really good to beat Andy from here onwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 am

Murray is definitely fitter than ever. I've never ..NEVER seen him move and run and hit harder than he was doing in this USopen. Not even at olympics.

Not trying to take anything away from Murray. He was the best player of the tournament and good he won. But I won't say it wasn't due to his improved fitness. It certainly was in my opinion.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Murray is definitely fitter than ever. I've never ..NEVER seen him move and run and hit harder than he was doing in this USopen. Not even at olympics.

Not trying to take anything away from Murray. He was the best player of the tournament and good he won. But I won't say it wasn't due to his improved fitness. It certainly was in my opinion.

I totally agree with you rotla, my only grudge was that Murray got criticised for physical tennis but not Djoker. The game has changed, this game was for good drama but tennis will face a big void when TMF goes.
Well played Nole to as well for providing the drama, however Andy now has an edge over him. The threshold has been crossed Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 am

wow3 wrote:
I totally agree with you rotla, my only grudge was that Murray got criticised for physical tennis but not Djoker.

See, his criticism in the past are now in the past. Murray looked a different player in the past. And that player I'm sure wouldn't have done anything more than what he did in AO 2011 final. Now you know what am I talking here? Murray has improved recently more than he did in last 5 years. It may have something to do with Lendl's coaching or Murray himself, but in the past Muray certainly wasn't the player he has looked since Olympics.

Criticism is for physical style of play, but more for the mindset and shot selections he has showed in the past. I don't awe to Djokovic's play either, but always thought he did better with those defenses than what Murray did. But Today Murray looked a lot aggressive on his defenses. Not many lobings and praying for a miss from the opponent. He seized the moment and despite being down, showed great courage and strength to grab his slam. Murray even 6-months back would not have been able to do it.

Good play Murray. Applause

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 am

sphairistike wrote:Tenez, tsk tsk tsk, "He's fitter than ever" is the key sentence here Come on Andy! 2786941968

That's the bit I certainly agree and pointed out already in his Rao's match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:51 am

There is no harm in getting fitter or is there? Djoker won his last 4 slams with the virtue of his newfound endurance, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 am

wow3 wrote:There is no harm in getting fitter or is there? Djoker won his last 4 slams with the virtue of his newfound endurance, no?

I dunno, you keep saying it's wrong when it's Nadal and Djoko. But when it's Murray nothing wrong with that.

I have the same view whether it's Murray, Nadal, Djoko or Federer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 am

I never said that it was wrong for Djoker. I only started it saying when you guys started to pick up on Andy.

What is Andy suppose to do? Stay unfit and keep losing the matches. He has beaten Djoker in his own game and tbh I have not seen the criticism of djoker's game from you as much as you do for andy.

Is it because you are afraid of your side-kick getting upset with you?

Also, your logics are flawed. Murray beat Raonic convincingly. What does fitness have to do with returning powerful serves. It is impossible to win 7 matches in a row just with fitness. If that has been the case than Alistair Brownlee too would have won the US open.Come on Andy! 2786941968

I criticise nadal but I jsut don't go on and on about his stamina. There are other things about his game which I have been vocal about. Djoker beat Nadal in his own game and now djoker has been beaten by Murray in his own game. Also your logic that djoker plays more aggressive is just to please your friend and does not hold any water.

All the experts know that djoko and murray plays similar game and that's exactly the reason that djoker ended up on losing side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Also, if fitness has been the only criteria then Ferret would have won 25 slams by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Now, control it here wow3. You are acting out of your senses. This is tennis forum and you are going well beyond. Freedom of speech is fine, but its not youtube.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:43 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Now, control it here wow3. You are acting out of your senses. This is tennis forum and you are going well beyond. Freedom of speech is fine, but its not youtube.

Point taken. Come on Andy! 3885497126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down