Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Murray Wants Faster Courts EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Murray Wants Faster Courts

2 posters

Go down

Murray Wants Faster Courts Empty Murray Wants Faster Courts

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:07 pm

======================================================
Andy Murray says that changing court conditions would be a way to speed up matches, suggesting the increase in playing times is due to the game being slowed down.

"I do think [the sport] could do a better job of adjusting the surfaces,” Murray said, speaking at the Tiebreak Tens event at Royal Albert Hall. “I think the indoor courts are probably too slow, grass courts are also too slow."

However, Murray questioned whether long matches were a real issue. “We were told after the Australian Open a few years ago when I had that semifinal with Novak [Djokovic] and then he played with Rafa [Nadal] in the final, we were told that none of the TV companies complained about the semis or the final being too long, it was great for them, so I don’t really know how much of a problem it is."

Either way, the 28-year-old does not want to see drastic adjustments to the scoring system. Murray said having a tiebreak at 5-5 instead of 6-6 would be preferable to any fundamental changes.

"I think one way of speeding the game up is to make the courts a bit quicker and the balls a bit quicker," he added. "That would then change the length of some of the matches but I think we genuinely have a great scoring system in tennis, one of the best across all of sports.

“It’s just because the courts have become so slow that the matches have become very long."

======================================================
So, after winning Wimbledon on a mud pit and USO in blustery wind, it took Murray two years of banging his head on the glass ceiling to come to this conclusion...must mean his fitness has no more room for impovement!

The question for me is, would he be able to beat Djokovic, Federer or Nadal on faster courts?
I am not sure he would.

Because, as things are, slow courts have got him to number two ranking...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Murray Wants Faster Courts Empty Re: Murray Wants Faster Courts

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:38 pm

I think he is right....and I think faster courts woudl advantage him more than Djoko...however others will have even more of an advantage.

I like the idea of a TB at 55 all....especially as the game has become so physical. That woudl certainly extend Fed's life a little bit.

Tenez

Back to top Go down