Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

+6
summerblues
Polly 81
truffin1
Tenez
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 Empty Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:From my personal and only experience I felt sharp, burning pain in the lower back. I was sat in my chair having a very important business phone call.
Because I had never had any backache before I thought nothing of it.
An hour later I couldn't walk.
1 - We go through stress everyday so we can always relate to a stressing call, like we could relate to eating bread almost. I am sure you have had plenty of stressing calls or situations before and as you said never had back problem before. Back problems cause by stress would typically occur after stress at work (and I mean over a longish period) or maybe at "best" after a psychological trauma like someone losing a relative.

2 - Again, Fed was injured before playing his long match .

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi - Page 3 Empty Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 pm

sphairistike wrote:However, what seems to be likely here is Stan being mentally weak, once the match got close and down to the wire, any little thing was perturbing and upsetting him and he overreacted. Maybe his reaction enticed Mirka to be harsh towards him, friends or not friends (even more so as they are supposed to be friends)...
That's another matter. To me, from what I know, and I don;t claim to know what happened behind curtains as I believe no-one does bar the involved parties, Mirka shoudl have not talked back to Stan....not in such situation.

It's not cool from her.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 pm

I think part of the problem was the choice of word "crybaby" : it was said within the earshot of Stefan Edberg, Swiss Davis Cup captain, Fed's dad in the hottest and most dramatic part of the match.

To me, the most revealing and interesting bit is that Mirka did the same in Wimbledon.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:From my personal and only experience I felt sharp, burning pain in the lower back. I was sat in my chair having a very important business phone call.
Because I had never had any backache before I thought nothing of it.
An hour later I couldn't walk.
1 - We go through stress everyday so we can always relate to a stressing call, like we could relate to eating bread almost. I am sure you have had plenty of stressing calls or situations before and as you said never had back problem before. Back problems cause by stress would typically occur after stress at work (and I mean over a longish period) or maybe at "best" after a psychological trauma like someone losing a relative.

2 - Again, Fed was injured before playing his long match .
At the time, the doctor told me stress does not cause but only triggers the backache.
The real cause (a fall, accumulated strain from incorrect posture, strain etc) can lie dormant for a long time before it triggers the actual backache.

But hula-hoop fixed it Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Tenez wrote:
sphairistike wrote:However, what seems to be likely here is Stan being mentally weak, once the match got close and down to the wire, any little thing was perturbing and upsetting him and he overreacted. Maybe his reaction enticed Mirka to be harsh towards him, friends or not friends (even more so as they are supposed to be friends)...
That's another matter. To me, from what I know, and I don;t claim to know what happened behind curtains as I believe no-one does bar the involved parties,  Mirka shoudl have not talked back to Stan....not in such situation.

It's not cool from her.
Cool or not cool, I don't mind a bit, he deserved it if you ask me. On a funnier note, I saw this comment (obviously a joke) on another forum as a reply to Nadal's comments that it was a strange WTF with only Stan vs. Fed being competitive:
Of course, I understand why.
He was watching Roger and Stan playing to lose....lol, in order to avoid whooping by Novak.
He was hearing something like this:
"You take it Stan.... noooo, are you crazy Roger , you can have it bro.....its all you.
Crazy old man, I'm not getting my butt whooped again.
You can hear Mirka yelling in the background, you cry baby Stan....take one for the team"
Lol.....Winking

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:27 pm

yes funny. It all makes sense now! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:06 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I think part of the problem was the choice of word "crybaby" : it was said within the earshot of Stefan Edberg, Swiss Davis Cup captain, Fed's dad in the hottest and most dramatic part of the match.

To me, the most revealing and interesting bit is that Mirka did the same in Wimbledon.

Indeed, agree with what Tenez is saying about this as well.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Wow, Kimmy, you are agreeing both with Tenez and me! Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Calling someone a "crybaby" in public is pretty low, sorry to say, even if Stan may be one. Trying to disturb him in any way, abusing the position of RF (using the brandname here) wife (a noisy fan would be sent away) is gamesmanship, pure and simple, even worse if it's against Stan. He has every right to complain in my view. I don't like how many fed fans insult him for it, even though he may be a bit over the top - he seems to be a very emotional guy. 

Maybe there should be something like a red card for misbehaving family members of the player like there is in football for an overagitated coach? Laugh Not a big deal anyway, good though that it came to light, because else, how would anybody do something about it?

About these Fedfans, Truffin quoted: if they are such fans of Mirka, maybe they wouldn't find any fault with her even if there was? They truly don't sound like the most objective concerning the matter, even less so if they don't like Stan for whatever reason.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3