Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon.

+3
truffin1
noleisthebest
Tenez
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon.

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:30 am

Cooooo BN, that was a lot of typing to say you like Raonic, I think we gathered that already!
Don't get so worked up about some of us not liking him as much as you do, after all we are not all Canadians Winking
I hope he does well, too, just that I prefer more stylish players...
As for physiology/morphology....a picture paints a thousand words:

federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 157344_400x400wc

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer's chance to return to top 4 if not top 3 soon.

Post by bluenose Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:41 pm

I think morphology means demeanor - his shambling and slumping make him look ready to accept defeat.  Del Potro does the same thing, drives me nuts.  Sampras would often look quite simian and moronic too.

NITB, I know you like them long and lean and stubbled, with a bit of the bad boy about them, but that's not tennis that's eye candy.  I'm just interested to see where Milos can take his game given the tools he has available and the new coaching.  You have frequently waxed poetic about what Djokovic means to Serbia; Raonic has spearheaded some wonderful things in Canada and of course I celebrate that.

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 pm

bluenose wrote:I think morphology means demeanor - his shambling and slumping make him look ready to accept defeat.  Del Potro does the same thing, drives me nuts.  Sampras would often look quite simian and moronic too.

Not demeanor, natural body shape. Like Gasquet has dropping shoulders, Rao has a round back with shoulders turned inside. If you look at Becker (who I did not lke) or McEnroe, they walked straight with open shoulders.

Physiognomy and morpohology might not be perfect sicences but they give clues.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 pm

This is a discussion we need to have with a physiotherapist or trainer.  I have often noticed that natural athletes have sloped shoulders and wondered why.  Of course this depends on the sport to some extent, but I have wondered whether this shape directs more power to the core.  Then I look at Federer with his perfect straightness and Gasquet with his slope, and think it doesn't work for tennis!  Maybe I just notice it because it seems counter-intuitive.

But you haven't made a point with your observation.  Maybe you don't like the shape, but does that have meaning?

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:07 am

BTW, physiognomy is not a science!

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 am

It does have meaning. You might as well say that psychology is not a science either. The fact is even unconsciously we gather information from people look and appearence. Whether we read those information correctly or not is a different matter. But I think a body fits a soul like a glove fits a hand.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:48 am

Spiritual tennis!  I never would have guessed.

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:52 am

How can you equate physiognomy and psychology?  And how can you jump from posture to psychology?  You're doing some voodoo here.

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:12 am

No voodooing here. Psychology is based on archetypes which are known to be the base of our psyches. Very similar to our organs and bones being the base of our bodies.

We express the joy of our souls with a smile and sorrow with tears all over on earth. We even see dogs showing body expression when they do something they should not have done.

The notions of introvert and extravert often express themselves physically. To me it is no surprise that a player like Gasquet with a known record of chocking has dropping shoulders....likewise most champions in sport have strong cheekbones.  Even if there are exceptions, stats are certainly supporting this ancient greek knowledge.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Wow.  This I will have to investigate.  Pete Sampras remains my main argument!

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:28 am

Sampras looked also very determined, focused, selfish and did not have the fear, culpability we could read in Agassi's eyes.

Look if conds turns in Milos favour to the point where his serve becomes the biggest weapon ever and gives him a good chance on a few majors, you see his body shape change too. Balance is a constant changing state.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 am

This is interesting: Federer has just accepted a wild card to Monte-Carlo. I wonder what he's planning.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/04/15/Monte-Carlo-Federer-Wild-Card.aspx

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 am

This is very good news! It means he feels confident physically. He'll probably play a couple of rounds to get a good feel of clay!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 am

I'm a little suprised by this as it prevents (as did DC) his full clay training block he likes to get in each year. Especially when he said being able to have a full normal training block at the end of the year has been a key to how well he is playing. Also- nit being able to train last year between Miami and madrid was one of major issues that hurt his game.

That being said- the prevailing thought on his fan forum is that the baby is due and going to prob interrupt Madrid or rome. So maybe he wants to make sure he gets as many points he can on case he misses some tournaments.

The good news is clearly he feels his body can take it - esp after the grueling DC weekend!

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

Brilliant news about Fed playing Monte Carlo, what a start to clay season! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Yes the baby arrival is probably what triggered that early commitment to clay.

I have the feeling that Federer does not like the MC organisers. I think they gave Nadal too much attention and less care to Federer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2