Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

French Open prediction game: Day 7

+4
summerblues
noleisthebest
luvsports!
Tenez
8 posters

Go down

open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 Empty French Open prediction game: Day 7

Post by Tenez Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 am

Some excellent matches today!! Not easy to predict the outcome. 

Delpo 20 -Murray 15
Monfils 25- Gasquet 15
Nishi 10 - Chung 30
Stan 5 - Fognini 30
Kachanov 20 - Isner 15
Cilic 5 - Lopez 30
Edmund 20 - Anderson 20

Joker (double points) staring today.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 Empty Re: French Open prediction game: Day 7

Post by Tenez Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:00 am

Delpo 20 - I had not selected here but was meant to pick Delpo.....unfortunately.
Gasquet 15
Chung 30
Stan 5
Kachanov 20
Cilic 5
Anderson 20 - Joker

Last edited by Tenez on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

open - French Open prediction game: Day 7 Empty Re: French Open prediction game: Day 7

Post by luvsports! Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:53 am

15 points for murray?? 25 for monfils?? mate??

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 pm

A question:

Why is only Chatrier court so big? (has twive as much space behind the baseline than other courts both in RG and elsewhere)

I don't know whether it's good or bad.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:21 pm

I hope to see some matches today.

Nishi-Chung is the most imtriguing for me.

Monf-Richie will be the battle of gutless (I think Monf is worse)

Stan-Fabio sounds fabulous on paper.

I hope Delpo knocks Murray out, a break up in the first set now.

On another note, did you know Agassi is coaching Nole for free.

I like that.

The whole tennis world was surprised by Agassi taking the job on (even temporarily), esp Murray whomused to idolise him and also approached him for coaching in the past.
Very interesting!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Delpo's FHTDL is something to behold!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Delpo, monf (joker), chung, stan, karen, cilic, anderson
B: murray, la monf (joker), nishi, stan, isner, cilic, edmund
T: missed it the fool of a took!
M: murray (joker) gasq, nish, fognini, isner, lopez, edmund

Last edited by luvsports! on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Annoying from Delpo...choked serving for the set...and noone but himself to blame.
No 1st serve to save his life then...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Murray wins the first Sad.
CUevas getting battered by Nando.
Edmund Anderson going 5.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Verdasco could still lose.  An implosion is never far away.  It could come in the next round, or just as easily in the next three sets.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:37 pm

summerblues wrote:Verdasco could still lose.  An implosion is never far away.  It could come in the next round, or just as easily in the next three sets.
I hope Nando holds it together.
He is one of the few who doesn't play percentage tennis, plus that mega FH.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Lots of Spaniards still left in the draw. Rafa will win the title by beating Bautista Agut in R4, Carreno Busta in QF, Ramos Vinolas in SF, and Verdasco in Final.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:38 pm

... wrote:I hope Nando holds it together.
He is one of the few who doesn't play percentage tennis, plus that mega FH.
He is very watchable, for sure.  But I certainly would not want him to play excellent tennis all the way through to the final, because he would have zero chance there against Rafa.  So he needs to lose to someone before then.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:39 pm

I'm giving up on Delpo-Murray and switching to Nishi-Chung.

I think this is the first time I am watching two Asian guys play against each other!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 pm

summerblues wrote:Lots of Spaniards still left in the draw.  Rafa will win the title by beating Bautista Agut in R4, Carreno Busta in QF, Ramos Vinolas in SF, and Verdasco in Final.

You reckon Ramos will beat Nole?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:43 pm

It looks like Verdasco is up a break in the third set, so hopefully he should win from here.  The fly in the ointment is that Cuevas is a single-hander, so it would also have been nice to have him through too.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 pm

... wrote:
summerblues wrote:Lots of Spaniards still left in the draw.  Rafa will win the title by beating Bautista Agut in R4, Carreno Busta in QF, Ramos Vinolas in SF, and Verdasco in Final.

You reckon Ramos will beat Nole?
I was not entirely serious in my prediction.  But now that you ask, I have to say I would not be surprised.  Yeah, you could perhaps even say that I half expect Nole to lose in the next round.  I did not see Nole against the little Argentine, but Schwartzman is not the type of player who would often trouble top players, so going five sets against him is not encouraging.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Schwartzy is a quality player, I remember him even giving Fed trouble once.

Nole looked very hungry and determined against him, so I doubt he'll lose to Ramos.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:55 pm

I quite like Schwartzman, and was at one point hoping he could do better than he has done, but still, he is not the kind of player who should be taking Nole to five sets.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:06 pm

summerblues wrote:I quite like Schwartzman, and was at one point hoping he could do better than he has done, but still, he is not the kind of player who should be taking Nole to five sets.

This time last year maybe...but this year, it's a different story, it looked more like a match innwhich Nole shook his rust off and reforged some of that lost spark and determination.

Apparently, Agassi turned up in his box unexpectedly and that turned it around.

I am mot surprised.

Nole's brother is such a mega loser, the sight of him in the box wearing that idiotic Amor& Paz t-shirt would kill the life in me, too. Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Chung is a a little too reactive vs Nishi.

Recovered the break and then later got broken again simply because he was unnecessarilly passive.
Not much, but enouh to give Nishi the right signal.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:10 pm

And now a bit of Stan-Fabio.

Let's see some magic! Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Chung is actually fairly boring to watch in my opinion.  Still, I want him to do well - if we cannot do better at least we could replace today's boring players with new boring players.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:14 pm

He appears boring because he is mainly reactive.

But if you look at his shots and hand skills they are fantastic.

He needs a better coach to draw that talent out of him.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 pm

A bit hypothetical, but could Fabio beat Nadal and win the whole thing?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:36 pm

... wrote:A bit hypothetical, but could Fabio beat Nadal and win the whole thing?
No, he can't.
He can't even serve out a first set...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:40 pm

... wrote:
... wrote:A bit hypothetical, but could Fabio beat Nadal and win the whole thing?
No, he can't.
He can't even serve out a first set...

But!

He breaks back immediately, what a shotmaker! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Sublime tennis between Stan and Fabio!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:55 pm

its a real shame that del potro cant maintain his level consistently throughout a match cause i think that his best tennis beat murrays beats tennis
you have to wonder how different the dynamic of the match may have been had he just converted that set point in the first set

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:49 pm

18:47 in Roland Garros with no play for while longer. Crowds here still good humoured but plenty have already left.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:09 pm

... wrote:Schwartzy is a quality player, I remember him even giving Fed trouble once.

Nole looked very hungry and determined against him, so I doubt he'll lose to Ramos.
yes I remember about a year or 2 ago in IW or Miami. Prob IW as fed has avoided Miami quite a bit recently.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi Turron

Welcome here. DO we know you from another forum?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Probably not, I was an occasional poster on 606 years ago. I'm pro Fed so anything I want to say has normally been well covered by .../NITB.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Turron wrote:Probably not, I was an occasional poster on 606 years ago. I'm pro Fed so anything I want to say has normally been well covered by .../NITB.

Don't be shy, Trur!

You can talk about Nole this RG! Big Grin

And anyway, who do you think will win the whole thing?

I really want to see a Nole-Rafa showdown, so lomg as Agassi stays another few days.
If only that loser brother sits in the box, then... write it off!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:41 pm

After round one i said that Nadal will win RG hands down. I was optimistic: he will win RG without the loss of a set. I don't think i ever see Nadal being more powerful and energetic than this edition of RG. He used to be a defending player on clay, but you can't say that about a player who replies with rockets from both wings (hardly any slice balls) no matter how deep, fast or far away from him you hit the ball.
Plus: he has that crazy roid-rage'ish look again, runs around between the points and his confidence is bordering arrogance.

For the ones who still think Federer should have played RG, think again. That said, how sweet it will be if Federer puts NAdal back in his place on grass Cool

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm

gallery play wrote:After round one i said that Nadal will win RG hands down. I was optimistic: he will win RG without the loss of a set. I don't think i ever see Nadal being more powerful and energetic than this edition of RG. He used to be a defending player on clay, but you can't say that about a player who replies with rockets from both wings (hardly any slice balls) no matter how deep, fast or far away from him you hit the ball.
Plus: he has that crazy roid-rage'ish look again, runs around between the points and his confidence is bordering arrogance.

For the ones who still think Federer should have played RG, think again. That said, how sweet it will be if Federer puts NAdal back in his place on grass Cool

Do you remember when Federer saod in one post Miami or AO interviews was how "Rafa" was going to clean up on clay?

It looked as if it was anotjer one of his cute Rafa compliments, but it did ring an alarm bell in my mind at the tome.

Did he know stg we didn't?

Anyway...looks like Nole doesn't have a chance vs the Cyborg, though...I am still hoping.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Nadal hasn't played anyone with any real class or threat yet, that's why. Thiem might have been up for the challenge, or Nishikori, or Murray, or Wawrinka... but he's escaped everyone yet again and ended up with Raonic (no good on clay) - or rank 20 quarter finalist.  If Djok shows up with any form, Nadal will be saying cheerio. It's easy to look good against useless players.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Have you seen Nadal play Daniel?

Bautista isn't a useless player. And he actually played quite well today, not much more he could have done.

Murray and Djokovic won't have a chance against Nadal. They even won't be able to make a fight out of it. Nadal plays too compelling here. He used to wait for a weak ball to counterpunch, he counterpunches now everything, left or right, fast or slow, short or deep.

It will take a top performance of the most powerful player around to get a decent match: Wawrinka. He is the only player who could challenge Nadal, but probably it won't be enough to stop Nadal.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:53 pm

BTW: given Nadal's luck, Verdasco will be his final opponant..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Daniel wrote:Nadal hasn't played anyone with any real class or threat yet, that's why. Thiem might have been up for the challenge, or Nishikori, or Murray, or Wawrinka... but he's escaped everyone yet again and ended up with Raonic (no good on clay) - or rank 20 quarter finalist.  If Djok shows up with any form, Nadal will be saying cheerio. It's easy to look good against useless players.
You may have a point.
Gutty is a great player, but lacks a strong serve to be comfortable vs Nadal on anything which is not ultrafast.
Busta is next, he is a great hitter but not a great mover, so easy fodder, too.

Nole is a different customer.

I still remember seeing him beat Nadal on Chatrier in straight sets back in 2015. Whistle

What worries me about Nole is he doesn't start the match gutlessly.

Nadal has been serving with a lot of muscle and from memory No,e,struggled to return that serve meaningfully ijntjeor last match.

The return of serve will be the key for him in that match.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:56 pm

gallery play wrote:That said, how sweet it will be if Federer puts NAdal back in his place on grass Cool
This sounds like something we could have been saying in 2008.  Not encouraging Yikes

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:00 pm

gallery play wrote:It will take a top performance of the most powerful player around to get a decent match: Wawrinka.
I am not sure Wawrinka is the best player to challenge Nadal.  I think, over 5 sets and on clay, he would get frustrated having to play high BH again and again and would not be able to sustain it, even if playing well.

For similar reasons I do not think Thiem could do it (he has been progressing through the draw quite nicely so far).  Djokovic, Murray and Nishikori are to me the best hopes.

However, I do not think Murray or Nishi would be good enough and Djokovic - who I think would be good enough when in top form - is not playing anywhere near well enough.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:04 pm

summerblues wrote:
gallery play wrote:That said, how sweet it will be if Federer puts NAdal back in his place on grass Cool
This sounds like something we could have been saying in 2008.  Not encouraging Yikes

In 2008 something like that would have sounded desperate. Things are different now.
a. Fed 2017 is not recovering from mono
b. They won't meet a month after a slaughter on clay
c. Fed 2017 is on a 4 match winning streak against NAdal, not one match in that streak played in on his best and Nadal's worst surface.
d. 97"
Anyway, let's discuss this when time is right. Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:12 pm

summerblues wrote:

However, I do not think Murray or Nishi would be good enough and Djokovic - who I think would be good enough when in top form - is not playing anywhere near well enough.

Djoko plays actually quite good right now against Ramos. Djoko had to dig very deep to get that first set though, and Ramos is nothing more than a light weight (make that feather weight) version of Nadal...

However: i think Djoko is getting back to his best. Best like in: 2011-2016 best. But i'm afraid Nadal is better than ever..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:35 pm

what a point. 41 shots.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Not only Ramos won that point, but also the game.
Both men limping now, tough battle

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:37 pm

wow, again Ramos won a spectacular point

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Could not see the match. Impressed by Djokos score as Ramos is no pinguin.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down