Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Roland Garros Game - first round!

+7
Daniel
legendkillar
luvsports!
N2D2L
AceofDeath
noleisthebest
Tenez
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 Empty Re: Roland Garros Game - first round!

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Low quality tennis between Isner and Murray.

Is there anything more pathetic than a serving tree choking first serves away in a TB....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 Empty Re: Roland Garros Game - first round!

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Champagne Richie bamboozling Roboto-chan.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Richie certainly on the juice!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 29, 2016 6:33 pm

legendkillar wrote:Richie certainly on the juice!

About time! Fed up to have always the same on the juice....and I don't think Gasquet is using the best stuff out there.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun May 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Tenez wrote:

About time!  Fed up to have always the same on the juice....and I don't think Gasquet is using the best stuff out there.

Just amazing how he and Berdych 2 players who would fade mentally and physically quickly against runners and now can last much longer in matches.

Waiting for tennis to implode. Think the Sharapova case might just be the beginning of a can of worms. Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun May 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Nishikori will never win a Slam. Been obvious for years but that's the final nail.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 9:38 am

FedererKing wrote:Nishikori will never win a Slam.  Been obvious for years but that's the final nail.

Yes, yesterday he showed again he has no stomach for fight.

Nishi has Federer's talent, shame about the rest...I am not sure that even 2 extra inches of height would have made that crucial difference...which confirms what full package Federer is: talent, build, athleticism, hard work, lion's heart and the Achilles heel: Rafael Nadal. Not sure where it stems from: love of money or as Willander once famously said - lack of b***s.

I think Nishi made a mistake going to Bolettieri. The guy is a killer of talent who thinks in sharp angles and stats.
No room for creation and imagination.

Or maybe he was born too late...talent doesn't go a long way unless you have the will of steel and a body of a robot.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 am

legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:

About time!  Fed up to have always the same on the juice....and I don't think Gasquet is using the best stuff out there.

Just amazing how he and Berdych 2 players who would fade mentally and physically quickly against runners and now can last much longer in matches.

Waiting for tennis to implode. Think the Sharapova case might just be the beginning of a can of worms. Winking

How?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 9:54 am

At last we have some half-decent matches today...let's hope the weather holds in Paris!

ps

we seriously need more smileys! Sun, rain, those moving emojis...EEEEEVERYTHING!

ROTLA WHERE ARE YOU?

Enjoying Radwanska-Pironkova match? Winking

Must be tough for you to make your mind up who to support...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 10:42 am

Well, I am sure glad I am not in Paris...

I knew it was wise not to go this year, so glad I listened to my instinct! smiley

RG stopping ticket payments from Serbia was a sign I could not ignore!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon May 30, 2016 11:38 am

noleisthebest wrote:At last we have some half-decent matches today...let's hope the weather holds in Paris!

ps

we seriously need more smileys! Sun, rain, those moving emojis...EEEEEVERYTHING!

ROTLA WHERE ARE YOU?

Enjoying Radwanska-Pironkova match? Winking

Must be tough for you to make your mind up who to support...
Hi nitb and others.

Sorry I'm not able to manage enough time for OTF. We moved into a new home 3 weeks ago, so lots of things needed to be set/reset. Plus work @ office.

This RG has been very disappointing for me. Withdrawals of Fed and Nadal have opened up the draw a bit.

I was so hopeful with Nishikori, but he totally has disappointed me. Yes Gasquet was good, but not good enough. 

Murray made easy mince of the 2 only-serving-no-movement giants.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon May 30, 2016 11:40 am

Its raining again in Paris. It makes conditions totally different. Sluggish and heavy. Nishikori couldn't cope.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Yes disappointed to see Nishi lose. Sure I like Gasquet but we know Gasquet has more limitation.

I am still hopeful Nishi will go further in teh next slams. He is too good for that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon May 30, 2016 12:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:

How?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/may/29/tennis-drugs-itf-president-david-haggerty-match-fixing

This could be a start. Calls for transparency. Such a shame they don't adhere to the FOIA.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 2:12 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Its raining again in Paris. It makes conditions totally different. Sluggish and heavy. Nishikori couldn't cope.
He doesn't have CORAZON!
That's what clay & tennis in general is all about. Talent is a bonus. Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 2:16 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Hi nitb and others.

Sorry I'm not able to manage enough time for OTF. We moved into a new home 3 weeks ago, so lots of things needed to be set/reset. Plus work @ office.

This RG has been very disappointing for me. Withdrawals of Fed and Nadal have opened up the draw a bit.

I was so hopeful with Nishikori, but he totally has disappointed me. Yes Gasquet was good, but not good enough. 

Murray made easy mince of the 2 only-serving-no-movement giants.

Well, you still have Stan in the draw.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:

How?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/may/29/tennis-drugs-itf-president-david-haggerty-match-fixing

This could be a start. Calls for transparency. Such a shame they don't adhere to the FOIA.

I really don't think professional sport will ever be clean. It's gone too far.
All this "trying to catch dopers" now is comical at best.

Players are doped to their gills, LK, I don't think they are even worried they'll get caught.
Would you sack your best employees who are bringing you millions because they "smoke but don't inhale"?

Sharapova case is exclusively political dig at Russia and Putin.

Imagine if ITF and WADA were in Russia's hands.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue May 31, 2016 11:00 am

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:

How?

I really don't think professional sport will ever be clean. It's gone too far.
All this "trying to catch dopers" now is comical at best.

Players are doped to their gills, LK, I don't think they are even worried they'll get caught.
Would you sack your best employees who are bringing you millions because they "smoke but don't inhale"?

Sharapova case is exclusively political dig at Russia and Putin.

Imagine if ITF and WADA were in Russia's hands.

It's not about the doping as per se NITB, for me it's about transparency. In regards to Sharapova, she took the decision to go public which I think backfired in a way she couldn't begin imagine. The moment sport and politics mix, ideologies go flying out the window. I think transparency is the way forward. Not just with doping, but with business transactions and sponsorships.

Look at FIFA. Believe it or not I actually sympathise with Platini in the sense his ban is longer than those caught doping! I read a piece in which many in the football ranks across the world were impressed with the work Platini was doing. The FIFA Financial Fair Play, extending the participants in the Euro's. FIFA's first true football guy in the organisation.

Tennis needs transparency. There is a lot that needs fixing, I think transparency is the way forward. If these corporations and players think they are hiding nothing, disclose it.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 pm

But frankly why does it need to be more transparent when most of us don't really care and want to have their iconic players win. It is a business after all.

Sure some of us will want to have a fair game, no drug, no cheating, no fixing, no rigging. But 95% of tennis fans simply don't suspect anything, don't even care in fact.

BBC 606 is what I would call a typical tennis fan forum...so real tennis fans yet, not many did suspect doping was rampant, even less suspected draw rigging could go on despite staggering stats proving rigging was going on in slams.

And even if we tried to be more transparent, it woudl be another smoke screen as at the end when there is a will there is a way.

Those willing to cheat, rig, fix take it to a higher level than those willing to clean it up...simply cause they have more will and means than those wishing a clean sport.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue May 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Some start to RG and then just when it was getting interesting.. a whole lot of Rain... Djokoivc lost 1st set, Thiem had set point, but on Deuce. The insurance break will serve him though.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 31, 2016 2:09 pm

Yes, maybe the rain brain will help batusta....he has a great game and at 28 he is entering his best years! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue May 31, 2016 3:09 pm

Gutty is good...but...noleisthebest! Big Grin

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue May 31, 2016 10:22 pm

Tenez wrote:

Interesting you say that about Gasquet. I seem to remember you saying that why would anyone do that? Not take the best stuff. I said Rafa could be cleaner as highlighted by his lack of power, spin etc for much of 2015, pre us open.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 pm

Well I don;t know whether Gasquet juices or not. But my point is that if he does he is not using the best stuff...not because he doesn't want to but because only a few have access to it. Those with the best teams.

Regarding Nadal, he is on something, always has been. I do not know why his level dropped down badly last year...we can only guess...nothing else.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Gutty making Nole work hard, but tennis is good!

Idemo Majstoreeee!!! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Gutty making Nole work hard, but tennis is good!

Agut lacks variety in his game. Also returns slow and short, hence susceptible to being attacked. First and second serves are both very ordinary, both in terms of in pace and placement. Players with a  good range of shots can make Agut run all over the court and in the end hit still hit winners past him. That's exactly what Djokovic was doing up there.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Murray is playing freely, retrieving a lot but going for his shots as well...he knows that the real match will start at the end of the second set!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:18 pm

ALLEZ RICHIEEEEEEEE!!! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Agut lacks variety in his game. Also returns slow and short, hence susceptible to being attacked. First and second serves are both very ordinary, both in terms of in pace and placement. Players with a  good range of shots can make Agut run all over the court and in the end hit still hit winners past him. That's exactly what Djokovic was doing up there.

Agut has one of the best FHs on tour and Nole was trying to avoid ot like plague.
That was the key.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Tenez wrote:Murray is playing freely, retrieving a lot but going for his shots as well...he knows that the real match will start at the end of the second set!

I was right wasn't I? So unfair for Gasquet to play with so much pressure whiel Murray just has to be patient. Those RRunners are the plague of teh game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Tenez wrote:
Tenez wrote:Murray is playing freely, retrieving a lot but going for his shots as well...he knows that the real match will start at the end of the second set!

I was right wasn't I? So unfair for Gasquet to play with so much pressure whiel Murray just has to be patient. Those RRunners are the plague of teh game.

Cheer up, T!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Stan looks like he can take hit GS, effortless power. 

Andy looking surprisingly good on Clay.

Berdy destroyed Ferret.

Djoko floating by, before he hits a rock smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Can't wait for Goffin vs Thiem. Only match that has me interested.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:53 pm

I want a 3 set win for Thiem to give Djok a match in the semi. Doubting the result will be that simple for him though.

Stan will prove that he's the real 4th member of the big 4 anyway. Won't be difficult against Murray.

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Goffin will be more of a challenge to Djoko than Thiem.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:20 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Agut has one of the best FHs on tour and Nole was trying to avoid ot like plague.
That was the key.
The problem with Agut is the ease with which players with wide range of shots can avoid that forehand if its as lethal as you say.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:50 am

FedererKing wrote:Nishikori will never win a Slam.  Been obvious for years but that's the final nail.
No sir its not obvious. He has everything that it takes to win a slam baring some mental focus which he can no doubt improve upon.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:35 am

Agut has a good fh but i don't agree it is one of the best.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:59 pm

So Stan or Andy tomorrow?

Andy in 4 or Stan in 5, let see who gets into self-destructing mood first.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 pm

No sir its not obvious. He has everything that it takes to win a slam baring some mental focus which he can no doubt improve upon.

No chance. He's not got the serve, the bottle, or the consistency. The only hope he has is a weak transition period and / or a weak draw, but even then he will likely blow it.  And he's aging. He better be quick because in 2 years time, he'll be on his way out. The future is Kyrgios and Thiem.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:36 am

Tenez wrote:Goffin will be more of a challenge to Djoko than Thiem.
Would've been.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:41 am

legendkillar wrote:Can't wait for Goffin vs Thiem. Only match that has me interested.
I saw a few points after Nole's match, Thiem's defence was impressive.
I will be very interested to see how long he can maintain his physical tennis against Nole today.

I watched him in Boddles against Sock two years ago, it was a coolish lete June afternoon, and he had to change his sweat drenched shirt after one set of exhibition tennis...on grass.

Soeaking of weather..I have got the heating turned on, thick winter tights and a woolen jumper on.

What is gong on?

Apparently biblical floods on the way in Paris, too.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:43 am

noleisthebest wrote:

That was the key.
The problem with Agut is the ease with which players with wide range of shots can avoid that forehand if its as lethal as you say.
I think his only problem is his size, lack of height on the serve, similar to Nishi, but a lovely player!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:44 am

AceofDeath wrote:I want a 3 set win for Thiem to give Djok a match in the semi. Doubting the result will be that simple for him though.

Stan will prove that he's the real 4th member of the big 4 anyway. Won't be difficult against Murray.
Interesting, what gives you that confidence?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 am

Jahu wrote:So Stan or Andy tomorrow?

Andy in 4 or Stan in 5, let see who gets into self-destructing mood first.
Andy...after a gruelling physical slog.
Stan will send Andy to Nole on a plate, like Andy sent Nole to Stan last year.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:48 am

What a fascinating Roland Garros it has been!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Nole schooling Thiem in clay tennis.
Playing in fine form! Bubbly

IDEMO MAJSTOREEE!!! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Well...that was nice and all according to plan.

Now I can watch Stan & Murray...may it go to five sets... Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Nole schooling Thiem in clay tennis.
Playing in fine form! Bubbly

IDEMO MAJSTOREEE!!! diva

Good training for Thiem  garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 3 2231271509

(majstor pada u nedelju)  zen

Stan not in his zone today, since he let go a few break points on second game of 1st set I think, it all went downhill for him.

Now he better let Andy win quick and not tire him for Djoko.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:24 pm

ALLEZ STAAAAN!!! tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next