Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan'

4 posters

Go down

Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' Empty NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan'

Post by N2D2L Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 am

noleisthebest wrote:
naxroy wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:The boa constrictor of his wife etc has got her claws too deeply in his soul.
Maybe nole's wife is also part of Nadal's evil plan!

Some of you people are really funny

Spiritually speaking, it is actually very likely.
Except that it's not really about Nadal, the tennis player from a small Spanish island.

It's not easy to keep spiritual conversation in tennis threads, but from time to time, I can't help "overflowing".

Nadal himself is a strange case, though. And for me just fascinating to observe what different costumes evil can get dressed in.

After somehow connecting Nadal and Djokovic's wife bringing down Djokovic, NITB turned her ire onto me!
Apparently the 'Nadal supporting masses a la Amri can't comprehend' things. Later saying 'thickos will be thickos' before concluding: 'it's nothing personal'.

I don't mind being called thick- as long as NITB can explain why I'm thick and why she's more intelligent! Considering this forum has more Fed fans and Nadal dislikers than Nadal fans like me, surely the forum will get behind her on this claim  Sad

noleisthebest wrote:But Nadal supporting masses a la Amri can't even comprehend what that means. What's a 2mm larger ball?
What's a 10-15 seconds extra between the points?
We are all Federerer moaning minnies because he can't beat their hero.

It's a joke.

That's why I am not too bothered. Thickos will be thickos. Sorry, but even that has to be said.
It is now getting more and more important to stand up for truth.

And it's nothing personal.

What's a 2mm larger ball? I don't know, are we talking circumference or radius here? Is regurgitating what Tenez has said in a more incoherent yet arrogant way a sign you're in a position to call others thickos? I don't know, so many questions.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' Empty Re: NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan'

Post by bogbrush Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 am

God knows about wives and all that, but different balls is a fact of the sport isn't it?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Nitb - NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan' Empty Re: NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan'

Post by N2D2L Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm

bogbrush wrote:God knows about wives and all that, but different balls is a fact of the sport isn't it?
I know there are different balls, was just clarifying whether NITB was talking about radius or circumference so I can try and 'comprehend' it. Laugh Different equations

And come on NITB, if you call me a thicko when you don't think I know about it, have the courage do back it up. Why am I thick and why are you more intelligent?!

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:53 pm

A bit of information on how a slightly bigger ball can affect the game. We know the main thing slowing a ball is the friction of its surface with air. Therefore the surface of the ball is key! What change of surface do we have by just increasing its diameter by 2mm? Small isn't it?

According to ITF,  balls can be 65 to 68mm in diameter ...roughly.

So let's compare a 66m ball with a "mens" USO 68mm..

The surface calculation is A=4πr2

So by having a 2mm diameter increase, we increase the radius by 1mm.

4 3.1416 3.3 3.3 = 136.8cm2
4 3.1416 3.4 3.4 = 145.2cm2

So by an increase of 1mm, the surface increases by 6%!!!
Now spin that 6% bigger ball and the friction is even highly increased.

That's why Nadal can stand that far back and wait for the drag effect to take place to make things easier for him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm

A larger ball also makes for a higher, vertical bounce.

Remember what Toni said at the AO17 final? "The ball was not bouncing high enough"!!!!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Do you have actual data on the ball size from different Grand Slam events?

The maths is correct, so that's fair, just need some hard data. Take this to my other thread though, I would like this thread's main focus to give me a chance to defend myself against NITB's claim.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Tenez wrote:
Remember what Toni said at the AO17 final? "The ball was not bouncing high enough"!!!!

Don't forget, Rafa actually played really well in the AO final, despite as you yourself said earlier that conditions were fast and low bouncing. Let's not do what some pundits do and be binary, just because he lost doesn't mean he did negatively.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:32 pm

DECIMA wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Don't forget, Rafa actually played really well in the AO final, despite as you yourself said earlier that conditions were fast and low bouncing. Let's not do what some pundits do and be binary, just because he lost doesn't mean he did negatively.
The AO was notoriously known to be slow and that it seems they sped it up a bit....it was not that fast but credit to nadal for reaching the final. But once again it did it by overlasting a young Zverev and a nervous Dimi, Raonic has not been 100% this year.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:11 pm

DECIMA wrote:Do you have actual data on the ball size from different Grand Slam events?

The maths is correct, so that's fair, just need some hard data. Take this to my other thread though, I would like this thread's main focus to give me a chance to defend myself against NITB's claim.
No I don't and very bizarrely, the ball manufacturers and tournaments do not wish to release information as I did ask but got a negative reply. I did check the size of the Wimbledon ball and they are 68mm. I also know that the USO increased considerably as when we used to play with them they used to get through our fences on hard serves ....certainly not anymore.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by garthmarenghi Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 pm

I love playing with smaller sized balls if I can. Makes my serve more effective, which helps me a lot more now I'm older and slower  Laugh Laugh

garthmarenghi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum