Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Jacob Rees Mogg EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Jacob Rees Mogg

2 posters

Go down

Jacob Rees Mogg Empty Jacob Rees Mogg

Post by luvsports! Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

A lot of heated debate over this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6WC_BVZ4Q&t=308s
Although I am not a Tory and have never voted for them, I do admire his wit, intelligence and honesty. 

On this particular video, the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall come to mind. "I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

This is not something he will put into practice if he were to become PM.
The rape stuff is something I completely disagree with but I am not sure a MP who followed the teachings of the Quran would ever get asked this.

What do you think?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Jacob Rees Mogg Empty Re: Jacob Rees Mogg

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

luvsports! wrote:A lot of heated debate over this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6WC_BVZ4Q&t=308s
Although I am not a Tory and have never voted for them, I do admire his wit, intelligence and honesty. 
Thanks for the clip, LS.
As I said some time ago, there are no left and right in the traditional sense any more. Just those who obey the globalists (mammon) and those who oppose them.

This man in the clip looks composed and with a level of integrity, esp contrasted by the aggressive, populistic journalists interviewing him.

But, it's easy to be "honest" for a few minutes on TV.
Just like it's easy to be a good christian at a church service on a Sunday.

Life, however lasts 24/7, and all the values you mention you like about this man don't matter much in the big picture (except honesty, but let's wait to see that honesty get tested first before we can start to admire it).
Also, I find intelligence an overrated "quality".

Yes, it's certainly enjoyable to compute things quickly, but what do most do with that ability?
What good was Goebels' sparkling mind...

I much prefer humility.

The conspirasist in me of course never sleeps Winking, so I am already on standby regarding his catholic profession.
We know where the last catholic PM took Britain...(T. Blair).

At best, to me he looks like a breath of fresh air.
And it's sad that someone with once understood qualities is able to stand out these days.

luvsports! wrote:
On this particular video, the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall come to mind. "I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

This is not something he will put into practice if he were to become PM.

It would certainly be good to wind the clock back in that respect, to loosen the noose around the neck of free speech.
Personally, I've never felt strangled by it, but I can see young generations already damaged beyond repair, probably.
I am talking about the masses here. And it's the masses that matter, not the likes of a few of us here.

What good is our barking about rigged draws etc if Nadal keeps winning slams?

To me personally, it means nothing as I know what's behind it, but to the masses - it's their daily bread.

You should see curriculums in schools these days, mainly English.
It is not about English any more, no more literature, grammar taught, just select half anonymous authors that fit the intended brainwashing agenda.

Trump had noble ideas apparently during his campaign and is he allowed to implement them now that he has the power?

I am not preaching doom and gloom as I have personal joy and hope in my heart which is real.

But I do feel sorry for many more who don't and live in daily fear looking to politicians to better their lives.

luvsports! wrote:
The rape stuff is something I completely disagree with but I am not sure a MP who followed the teachings of the Quran would ever get asked this.

Reese deals well with the question posed to him in the interview.
It all boils down to the brilliant reply Christ gave to pharisees when they asked him if it's rightful to pay taxes to Caesar.
Render unto Ceasar what's Caesar's and to God what's God's.

At the end of the day, when we die, we shall not be answerable to politicians...

luvsports! wrote:What do you think?

Not sure what this question was for, but I tried to answer it, anyway. smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum