Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  davis  

Latest topics
» World Tour Finals 2017
Today at 2:31 am by break_in_the_fifth

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 1:07 am by Daniel

» Any rugby fans?
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm by Jahu

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 am by legendkillar

» Anyone want to swap a day ticket on Monday for Sunday??
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am by Tenez

» So what's your projections for 2018?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 am by summerblues

» Race to London
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am by Tenez

» Baby WTF - Next-Gen ATP Finals 2017
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 am by noleisthebest

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


US open prediction game! Day 10!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 am

Joker available:
Kvitova (CZE)vPennetta (ITA)36 
30 Azarenka (BLR)vHalep (ROM)
10 Wawrinka (SWI)vAnderson (SA)25 
26 Gasquet (FRA)vFederer (SWI)
15Groenefeld (GER)Vandeweghe (US)vGarcia (FRA)Srebotnik (SLO)
15Johnson (US)Querrey (US)vMayer (ARG)Sousa (POR) 16
Hingis (SWI)Mirza (IND)vErrani (ITA)Pennetta (ITA)11 
Bopanna (IND)Mergea (ROM)vInglot (GB)Lindstedt(SWE) 12
12 Kudryavtseva (RUS)Pavlyuchenkova(RUS)vDellacqua(AUS)Shvedova(KAZ)

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:38 am

8 Kvitova (CZE)
30 Azarenka (BLR) joker
Anderson (SA) 25
Federer (SWI) 5
15Groenefeld (GER)Vandeweghe (US)
15 Johnson (US)Querrey (US)
1 Hingis (SWI)Mirza (IND)
6 Bopanna (IND)Mergea (ROM)
Dellacqua(AUS)Shvedova(KAZ) 4

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:19 am

I have no idea why I still keep thinking Fed is playing Richie in the SF... online2long

Completely forgot about Stan and Kev..so two super matches today!

Even women's ones look interesting!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:26 am

Yes though I would expect fed to win, I am fearful he could waste some energy with one of his old opponent.

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 am

3 SHBHs out of 4 tonight.

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:30 am

Tenez wrote:3 SHBHs out of 4 tonight.
Yes!love love love

Imagine the tragedy when they disappear. To me, they are endangered species, moreso than pandas in China...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 am

Tenez wrote:Yes though I would expect fed to win, I am fearful he could waste some energy with one of his old opponent.

Despite everything, I think Marin will give Nole a very tough match and drain him for the final possibly more than Murray or Nadal would've. A bit like Delpo in Wimbledon 2013.
So unless Marin plays a terrible match, shich I doubt he will, they be tired in the final.

Chasing balls on this fast court is difficult even for Nole!

It will be also tough for Fed - but not brutally tough with Murray out of the picture...
There are no physically easy matches now.

This is still as good as he could have realistically wanted it to be.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Yes though I would expect fed to win, I am fearful he could waste some energy with one of his old opponent.

Despite everything, I think Marin will give Nole a very tough match and drain him for the final possibly more than Murray or Nadal would've. A bit like Delpo in Wimbledon 2013.
So unless Marin plays a terrible match, shich I doubt he will, they be tired in the final.
Yes possibly.

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:44 am

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I think this time of my career, I see, you know, like a dropshot when it comes back. It's obviously just one point. Like an ace is just a point. Like a horrible error is just a point. When you lose it, you see it as, All right, this point was a great shot but it didn't count 10. When you win it or you lose it, I feel like I take it pretty relaxed these days. I'm obviously aware of what's more important, which are less important, which points. The scoring system is awesome in tennis. It's like you can switch in a heartbeat. That's why you have to stay calm at all times, in my opinion. I feel like if I conserve energy by not fist pumping every single point, looking at the big picture, I feel like I can play better throughout.
=====================
Wow - Energy is precious for federer.

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:46 am

Q. Can you recall a particular time or even a mentor where it helped drive those lessons home?

ROGER FEDERER: I think it definitely grew within me, finding myself and my right attitude on the court, what I feel comfortable with. I think once you find that peace, that place of peace and quiet, harmony, I don't know what you want to call it, and confidence, that's when you start playing your best. I tried to turn the corner in 2001 in Hamburg when I lost to Scolari. I was so angry I lost that match. The attitude was wrong. So much was wrong about it. The match point was wrong. I squeezed the ball between the racquet and the court and the volley. I looked where had the volley gone, and the ball was like lying on the ground. I was looking, What the hell is going on here? He was in the back fence trying to hit pass. I couldn't make the valley. I got so angry, I smashed the racquet. I was like, This is enough. I can't take this attitude anymore? To me that was a changing moment in my career and my attitude.
=====================================

Fed is so interesting with his interviews.

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:53 am

Tenez wrote:ROGER FEDERER: Well, I think this time of my career, I see, you know, like a dropshot when it comes back. It's obviously just one point. Like an ace is just a point. Like a horrible error is just a point. When you lose it, you see it as, All right, this point was a great shot but it didn't count 10. When you win it or you lose it, I feel like I take it pretty relaxed these days. I'm obviously aware of what's more important, which are less important, which points. The scoring system is awesome in tennis. It's like you can switch in a heartbeat. That's why you have to  calm at all times, in my opinion.I feel like if I conserve energy by not fist pumping every single point, looking at the big picture, I feel like I can play better throughout.[/b]
=====================
Wow - Energy is precious for federer.

What a fantastic piece from Fed!
His interviews are becoming as good as his tennis...bordering on poetry!

The scoring system is awesome in tennis. It's like you can switch in a heartbeat.


We've got to get him join OTF when he retires Cool

Tenez wrote:Wow - Energy is precious for federer.
Yes, you mentioned that the other day how the awareness of it is putting pressure on him.
But I hope that every big win gives him enough spring in the step and wind in the wings to neutralise it a little.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:02 am

Tenez wrote:Q. Can you recall a particular time or even a mentor where it helped drive those lessons home?

ROGER FEDERER: I think it definitely grew within me, finding myself and my right attitude on the court, what I feel comfortable with. I think once you find that peace, that place of peace and quiet, harmony, I don't know what you want to call it, and confidence, that's when you start playing your best. I tried to turn the corner in 2001 in Hamburg when I lost to Scolari. I was so angry I lost that match. The attitude was wrong. So much was wrong about it. The match point was wrong. I squeezed the ball between the racquet and the court and the volley. I looked where had the volley gone, and the ball was like lying on the ground. I was looking, What the hell is going on here? He was in the back fence trying to hit pass. I couldn't make the valley. I got so angry, I smashed the racquet. I was like, This is enough. I can't take this attitude anymore? To me that was a changing moment in my career and my attitude.
=====================================

Fed is so interesting with his interviews.

Yes, that highlighted part is brilliant - and can translate to our lives, too.

I love how he can vividly recall moments in their fullness in the middle of a random questions interview.
A game of tennis is full of those moments...even for us, a cache of living memories.


He is good with putting it all into words.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Nice to hear Nole in Serbian.
Says pretty much all I have said...hoping to neautralise Marin's serve which is his strongest shot, how it improved a lot under Goran, how Cilic had 2 tough 5 setters but came up with aces or service winners every time he needed them...

In another part of the interview, he said he didn't come to be happy with his SF record but to take the title.

Last time I hear him say these same words was just before he went out on court in the 2011 USO final.


noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:47 pm

And while he is still in the draw...a well written article about Kev .
As I mentioned the other day, there is something old-school about him...in the nicest possible way.

...
After a summer of bad boys, tennis should welcome a good guy like Kevin Anderson.
“You gotta show me something!” Brad Gilbert yelled at Kevin Anderson during their post-match interview in Louis Armstrong Stadium on Monday.
The ESPN commentator (Gilbert) demanded that the South African turned Floridian, who had just beaten Andy Murray to reach his first Grand Slam quarterfinal at age 29, rip his shirt and let out a roar. For a second, Anderson looked ready to comply. He took a step back: Was he actually going to oblige? Was it possible that this most undemonstrative of athletes, a man whose inscrutable facial expression never changes on court, would tear open his Lotto shirt on national TV?
No, it turned out, it wasn’t. Instead, Anderson smiled and waved politely to the crowd.
This was as it should be. Tennis is an individual sport, and every individual should be allowed his own way of celebrating success. Anderson didn’t need to blow kisses to the corners of the stadium or do the Worm to let us how much his four-hour, 7-6 (5), 6-3, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (0) win meant to him.


Priceless...

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015/09/showing-us-something/56236/#.VfAb5GK9KSM

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by paulcz on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Kevin is a great man and now has become a great player. This win really helps him mentally. He just managed to cross the line.
I was really glad that he saw off the Frustrations and absolutely deservedly.
Kevin is also my favorite player together with Nole and Stan. Not bad to see them both in their match today, It is shame that a winner can be only one.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Yes, after Kyrgios-gate and a lot of over the top kind of fans in the stands, epidemic dancing after matches and all that jazz, it's almost a relief to see someone normal and "boring"...

It will be a fantastic match between him and Stan, and may the best man win.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by sphairistike on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:36 pm

My picks :

Kvitova
Azarenka (joker)
Anderson
Federer
Groenefeld
Johnson
Hingis
Bopanna
All RUS team

sphairistike

Posts : 501
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 pm

1. Kvitova
2. Azarenka
3. Stan 'the man' Wawrinka
4. Feds
5. Garcia (FRA)Srebotnik (SLO)
6. Johnson (US)Querrey (US)
7. Errani (ITA)Pennetta (ITA)
8. Inglot (GB)Lindstedt(SWE)
9. Kudryavtseva (RUS)Pavlyuchenkova(RUS)

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Joker?

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:37 pm

I am absolutely gutted about the USO scheduling. Federer is 34 yet they are making him play twice in a row the second match of the evening and clearly Fed mentioned the problem of playing late and not being able to find sleep till 3 or 4am.
Here you have a clownish vets match at 7pm to allow those junk food eaters to digest before they can seat and watch the main match. This is ridiculous. Of course depriving the whole of Europe (where fed and Gasquet come from) to see a great match live!!!.

As if interviewing players while they play not stupid enough!

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by paulcz on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, after Kyrgios-gate and a lot of over the top kind of fans in the stands, epidemic dancing after matches and all that jazz, it's almost a relief to see someone normal and "boring"...

It will be a fantastic match between him and Stan, and may the best man win.
As usual your comment is spot on Winking

Kevin is not one of these entertainers, but I must say from what I saw I was the most impressed by KA's performance, his  timing and big hitting is splendid on these FM courts. His behavior is moderate, but his racket speaks loudly. I like an Eurosport promotion of his match with Murray as a parody on Once Upon a Time in the West when each shot gives a gun shot sound. But Murray's improved FH against Kevin's looks like an obsolete shot.This surface suits KA really well. He is definitely the biggest surprise of this USO and now it is just up to his nerves, whether he can show it again. Kevin plays very fast and Stan wont get much time on his big hits. I see Kevin to win.  Stan must change the game rhythm often and go more to the net.

I think that Fed is by his one leg in the final and hopefully Nole can switch into more aggressive mode so we could have another great final. They both are a level above others.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Penn, Aza (joker), Anderson, Feds, Vandeweghe, Querrey, Errani, Inglot , Russ team,

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Tenez wrote:I am absolutely gutted about the USO scheduling. Federer is 34 yet they are making him play twice in a row the second match of the evening and clearly Fed mentioned the problem of playing late and not being able to find sleep till 3 or 4am.
Here you have a clownish vets match at 7pm to allow those junk food eaters to digest before they can seat and watch the main match. This is ridiculous. Of course depriving the whole of Europe (where fed and Gasquet come from) to see a great match live!!!.

As if interviewing players while they play not stupid enough!

Fed is too nice. It's impossible to please everyone.
He should put his foot down. Mirka can do it on behalf of him, she looks the type. Winking
There must be some big pressure from TV companies.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:26 pm

CB: Kvit Aza (joker) stan fed garcia querrey hingis bopanna shevedo

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:02 pm

paulcz wrote:Kevin is not one of these entertainers, but I must say from what I saw I was the most impressed by KA's performance, his  timing and big hitting is splendid on these FM courts. His behavior is moderate, but his racket speaks loudly. I like an Eurosport promotion of his match with Murray as a parody on Once Upon a Time in the West when each shot gives a gun shot sound.

Yes, that's the best way - let the racquet do the talking, and didn't it talk....it thundered!

He played a brilliant match...I knew he was good, but not that good. What a difference faster court made.

Still, Murray nearly beat him, which makes Kev's win even more amazing - the sustained high quality shot after shot...for hours!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:43 pm

TS: Kvit, aza (joker), stan, fed, groene, johnson, hingis, inglot, dellacqua

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I am absolutely gutted about the USO scheduling. Federer is 34 yet they are making him play twice in a row the second match of the evening and clearly Fed mentioned the problem of playing late and not being able to find sleep till 3 or 4am.
Here you have a clownish vets match at 7pm to allow those junk food eaters to digest before they can seat and watch the main match. This is ridiculous. Of course depriving the whole of Europe (where fed and Gasquet come from) to see a great match live!!!.
As if interviewing players while they play not stupid enough!
Fed is too nice. It's impossible to please everyone.
He should put his foot down. Mirka can do it on behalf of him, she looks the type.  Winking
There must be some big pressure from TV companies.
Good news!

=======================================================
Due to the current weather forecast for Wednesday evening, and in an effort to complete the men's quarterfinal match featuring Roger Federer and Richard Gasquet, that match will be moved to an earlier start time of 7:00 pm. The exhibition doubles match featuring Jim Courier and Mardy Fish taking on Michael Chang and John McEnroe, originally slated to lead tonight's evening session, will now be played immediately following the men's quarterfinal match. The USTA is monitoring the weather forecast for Thursday and will provide updates on USOpen.org regarding any changes in the schedule.
=======================================================

Hopefully, the weather holds!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Mind you, they should've moved 2nd women's match to Armstrong!

Who wants to watch Azarenka-Halep bash and scream...Angry
They'd better be quick Grr

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:21 pm


Wawrinka/Anderson moved to Armstrong and will start at 6pm NY time weather permitting.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Cool.....if the weather stays the same.
....gets better I mean....

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Why don't they get on with it??? erm

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:28 pm

It's amusing now the players (Stan And kevin here) doing the run a la nadal after the toss of the coin....Quite funny how they have no shame copying another athlete ritual.

Tenez

Posts : 17374
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:02 am

Stan with the early break!

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:16 am

Allez!

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:53 am

First set Feds and Stan to serve for the 2nd!

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:56 am

Wawrinka match going as i expected. He has the belief. Anderson can't hurt him.

Daniel

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:07 am

Same with Gasquet vs Feds Big Grin

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:16 am

I am not sure which is more difficult... wawrinka v fed or cilic v djok. I think Wawrinka is narrowly the more difficult opponent. What a let down if it's Wawrinka v Cilic.

Daniel

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:21 am

Stan 1 game away from the sf and a third set bagel! KA wilting.

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:22 am

luvsports! wrote:Stan 1 game away from the sf and a third set bagel! KA wilting.

Yikes

Fed-Richie pretty flat, too....

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:24 am

Richie looking like he can hit the ball well and in form, but there's nothing he can do against Fed.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:25 am

Stan through.

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:28 am

Double fault. 2-0. Ouch.

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:28 am

An awful lot of errors on Fed's backhand side.  It's the one real weakness these days.  It was never as bad as this in his prime. The net game is helping, but it's a huge weakness against a player like Djok who will just keep hammering balls there.

Daniel

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by AceofDeath on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:31 am

Very hyped up for another Fed Stan clash. I imagine legendkillar is loathing Anderson tonight Winking

AceofDeath

Posts : 273
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:31 am

FedererKing wrote:An awful lot of errors on Fed's backhand side.  It's the one real weakness these days.  It was never as bad as this in his prime.  The net game is helping, but it's a huge weakness against a player like Djok who will just keep hammering balls there.

I thought the exact opposite as I was watching these few games.
His BH is looking better than ever. Smooth and quick.

"Djok" won't have so much time to hammer balls back on this court, remember Cinci?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:32 am

From what I've been seeing his backhand has been awful.  A load of massive mishits, and this is against gasquet. His forehand and serve and net play have been real good though.

Daniel

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 am

Feds to serve for the match. Hammering.

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:52 am

No sets lost yet.  I'd expect that to change against Wawrinka.  If I was a betting man I'd say these are the chances for the title:

Djokovic 55%
Cilic 50%
Wawrinka 50%
Federer 40%

I know that sounds crazy given how he's playing at moment, but I just get that feeling his level will drop, especially in the final.  If he proves me wrong, he has a very good chance of taking the title.

Daniel

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:17 am

I saw a bit of both matches...ok, one-sided, but real, men's tennis.
No physical long-rally draining at all.

Kev may have been a little disappointed, but things happen fast.

Fed's footwork was unreal. A real beauty.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum