Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  

Latest topics
» The Ultimate GOAT List
Yesterday at 11:22 pm by mcekovic

» Stefanos Tsitsipas
Yesterday at 4:04 pm by noleisthebest

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 pm by bogbrush

» Race to London
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:42 pm by naxroy

» Players popularity - What makes it?
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 pm by Tenez

» Asian Swing 2017: Bejing/Tokyo & Shanghai
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm by luvsports!

» Who Is Going To Be The Next Number One?
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm by legendkillar

» One of the best match ever?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 am by Tenez

» Jelena Ostapenko
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:26 pm by Jahu

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Day 11 - Wimbledon

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:54 pm

cracker Got him!

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm

This slo-mo FH of Federer when he is 2 feet above the ground is amazing!

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Tenez wrote:This slo-mo FH of Federer when he is 2 feet above the ground is amazing!

Yes, I asked you about it once and you didn't answer the question.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Murray is going to play like someone who has nothing to lose now...dangerous.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Tenez wrote:Murray is going to play like someone who has nothing to lose now...dangerous.
I don't think he is capable of playing loose and freely. Not even when he is 2 sets up or angry. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Murray's mum is so ugly.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by luvsports! on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Lol tenez, tad puerile.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Tenez wrote:Murray's mum is so ugly.
Nowhere nearly ugly as his coach....what a jaw...did she take some steroids/testosterone supplements during her career?

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm

luvsports! wrote:Lol tenez, tad puerile.
yes but that's what came to mind when I saw her. By ugly I mean her character...whcih you can see through her.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by luvsports! on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Lol you two.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I quite like Momo. She is certainly quite masculine but she has a very nice personality which I certainly not see in Murray's mum.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Wow, what heart-stopping shots from Rog!!!  love  love love

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Tenez wrote:I quite like Momo. She is certainly quite masculine but she has a very nice personality which I certainly not see in Murray's mum.

She was a great player, that's about it for me.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Roger is amazing and ruthless under pressure!

Murray playing sh@t pushing tennis.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:44 pm

All that effort and running just to win a game against Maestro! Winking

GO ROG!!!! diva

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Murray playing extremely physical tennis, hitting the ball very hard.
All into Fed's BH corner.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:52 pm

It's amazing tennis! I am gobsmacked by the quality of federer's game.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:53 pm

I thnk he won teh last point twice. I thnk one of Murray shot was wide.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:53 pm

But Maestro again head and shoulders above all the muscle and BH bludgeoning.

Genius!

Not bad for a declining old man Big Grin

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by luvsports! on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 pm

COOOMEEE ONN!!!!!! AAALLLLLLEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! CHUM JETZE! ALL ABOARD THE FED EXPRESS!!!

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:...Not bad for a declining old man Big Grin
Yes on teh day he is as good as ever. But when he is asked to play another gruelling match like that 2 days later.....he won't be.


Last edited by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by truffin1 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 pm

As much credit as Federer does get- I still think he is underestimated.  GOAT!

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:57 pm

truffin1 wrote:As much credit as Federer does get- I still think he is underestimated.  GOAT!
I have always said that. I am not sure people realise what mental strength it gets to play and win with such a fragile game.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Fed should not toy with Murray but try and finish him off asap.
He's even got time to take Mirka out for dinner, she's all dolled up tonight.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Tenez wrote:
truffin1 wrote:As much credit as Federer does get- I still think he is underestimated.  GOAT!
I have always said that. I am not sure people realise what mental strength it gets to play and win with such a fragile game.
That is just another proof he is a genius.
Full package.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm

No-one before 2007 would have been able to challenge him as hard. If it was not for Murray and Djoko he woudl have strolled to the title as easily as 2003 or 2006.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:03 pm

fed is now tired. That's where I guess age shows.....but also the kind of tennis he is asked to play...which was not the case in the past.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Tenez wrote:No-one before 2007 would have been able to challenge him as hard. If it was not for Murray and Djoko he woudl have strolled to the title as easily as 2003 or 2006.
I think Murray is more difficult for him than Nole this year. Nole does not muscle the ball continually like Murray.

But he serves better.

Remember how Fed struggles last year with returning?
It should take him less time to adjust this year.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Tenez wrote:fed is now tired. That's where I guess age shows.....but also the kind of tennis he is asked to play...which was not the case in the past.

Murray should tire out soon, too.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:No-one before 2007 would have been able to challenge him as hard. If it was not for Murray and Djoko he woudl have strolled to the title as easily as 2003 or 2006.
I think Murray is more difficult for him than Nole this year. Nole does not muscle the ball continually like Murray.

But he serves better.

Remember how Fed struggles last year with returning?
It should take him less time to adjust this year.

It's not the djoko's shots whihc are hurting Fed, it's the fact he is everywhere and can therefore send the ball away from Federer and make him run.

Federer woudl have been able to hurt Djoko today....but he will be very tired from this match.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:11 pm

HE is certainly not rigged in Murray's favour today.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 pm

That's BH Stan cannot do!

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:24 pm

What a BH return from Fed for the matchnpoint, my oh my!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Edberg choked when he saw it!

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by luvsports! on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:25 pm

OHHHH MY GOODNESS IN YOUR LIFE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT?!?!

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:25 pm

In 2012 I thought fed could retire. He had achieved everything. 3 years on, he certainly can do more!

Had bloody Anderson taken Djoko out, it woudl be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.!

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Murray played really well, but Federer..... Magic

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 pm

luvsports! wrote:OHHHH MY GOODNESS IN YOUR LIFE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT?!?!

Out of this world...not the shot...the whole performance.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Tenez wrote:In 2012 I thought fed could retire. He had achieved everything. 3 years on, he certainly can do more!

Had bloody Anderson taken Djoko out, it woudl be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.!

Of course it is going to be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.
Oh yea of little faith.....

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:In 2012 I thought fed could retire. He had achieved everything. 3 years on, he certainly can do more!

Had bloody Anderson taken Djoko out, it woudl be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.!

Of course it is going to be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.
Oh yea of little faith.....

I am pretty sure Fed would have beaten Nole today...the only doubt is that Nole woudl have been tougher to break and woudl have made Fed more nervous. But playing match like today with only 40hours left to spare, it's going to be a big ask.

Only hope is Djoko getting nervous in final, especially after losing the FO......but it did not bother him last year.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 pm

That was one of the best match I saw from Federer....with probably Dubai final this year.

Yes, he has won more easily in teh past but not against those super retrievers.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:36 pm

If Dustin Brown was able to beat Nadal, imagine Federer today. This H2H is losing credibility.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:In 2012 I thought fed could retire. He had achieved everything. 3 years on, he certainly can do more!

Had bloody Anderson taken Djoko out, it woudl be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.!

Of course it is going to be Fed's 8th Wimbledon.
Oh yea of little faith.....

I am pretty sure Fed would have beaten Nole today...the only doubt is that Nole woudl have been tougher to break and woudl have made Fed more nervous. But playing match like today with only 40hours left to spare, it's going to be a big ask.

Only hope is Djoko getting nervous in final, especially after losing the FO......but it did not bother him last year.

As I said a few times already, for some reason  Nole is not playing as well in Wimbledon as last year, and Fed is back to his best, it's all there.

Last year Fed's FH was almost non-existant in the smooth, integrated into his full game kind of way, it was just a rallying tool.

Now - it's firing at its most lethal best...and creating magic.

Best of Fed vs best of Nole on grass,  easy answer.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Best of Fed vs best of Nole on grass,  easy answer.
I know you don't jinx.....but I don't see it as simple as that. Though I agree that the best of Fed is better than the best of Nole....on any surface for that matter.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Best of Fed vs best of Nole on grass,  easy answer.
I know you don't jinx.....but I don't see it as simple as that. Though I agree that the best of Fed is better than the best of Nole....on any surface for that matter.

How do you see it?

Whenever I've competed in anything! I went for it, no fear.

I can put myself in both players' shoes atm, and I know in whose shoes I'd much rather be.

I am not saying it's 100%, anything can happen on the day, but as things are, Fed's got the advantage.
He should be able to recover reasonably for Sunday.

He is healthy, playing superbly.

Nole on the other hand is not playing his best, he even looks burnt out and unusually nervous and tense.

You saw how close Richie got to him with his non-existant movement...

I am delighted Fed's put himself into this position.

For the last 3-4 years we've been trying to say he has not declined.

I know it's not going to be easy.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by AceofDeath on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Two very routine semi finals, Federers game is so well balanced lately on grass Big Grin

Cmon Novak, Fed deserves his 8th on grass so don't be peaking Sunday please Winking

AceofDeath

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Tenez wrote:If Dustin Brown was able to beat Nadal, imagine Federer today. This H2H is losing credibility.

Yes, let's not forget that!

Things always need to be put into right perspective. I wonder if Rafa watched today's match and what he thought about it...he could've been in it...

His match against Brown now looks like a joke compared with today's.

A side note...I popped into my club this evening and saw three brothers (juniors) have a knock.

When one of them hit a great shot he yelled out: Federeeeer!

It was heart-warming to hear youngsters look up to him AGAIN! (Probably not even born when Fed started!)

noleisthebest

Posts : 24961
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 pm

AceofDeath wrote:Two very routine semi finals, Federers game is so well balanced lately on grass Big Grin

Cmon Novak, Fed deserves his 8th on grass so don't be peaking Sunday please Winking
Yes Novak might well trouble the party on Sunday. The banker will often win versus the artist.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:If Dustin Brown was able to beat Nadal, imagine Federer today. This H2H is losing credibility.

Yes, let's not forget that!

Things always need to be put into right perspective. I wonder if Rafa watched today's match and what he thought about it...he could've been in it...

His match against Brown now looks like a joke compared with today's.

Yes in my club they were saying DB played fantastic! Certainly.....but I added because he was allowed to...like Rosol, Dodig and co.

Not many have beaten a fit Federer.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:41 pm

There have been a couple of key points where line calling was in Murray's favour. I noticed them when watching first time but even on replay watching now The balls looks out.

Fed was super cool about it. It looks like he did not want to make a mess of things. He used HEs perfectly today (twice he was robbed of key points and twice HE showed him right). SO clearly, it seems from what I saw today that HE was not used to mess things up...and therefore probably never was..at Wimby at least.

I am however more sceptical about line judges.

Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Gasquet's interview:

Q. It's been a good tournament for you.



RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, of course, it's been a great tournament for me. To lose against Novak in semifinal, it's very nice for me. I did my best. I'm really happy the way I played and the way I finished the tournament.



He lost the match in the locker-room itself. Too satisfied with a GS semis, no wonder he hasn't done any better.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2835
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 11 - Wimbledon

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum