Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9

+4
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Polly 81
luvsports!
Tenez
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Tenez wrote:ok...I want Stan to win this ...and quick!

And the reason essentially is that Gasquet is doing too many slices and retrieving and that won't work v Djoko.
I told you Richie outplayed Nole in Boodles two weeks ago.

His grass tennis has a lot of IQ thanks to all the things he can do with his BH.
No, but he won't stand a chance v Djoko. All those slices and clever shots a GP says will be easy for Djoko to get to!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Prediction Game: Day 9

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Tenez wrote:Bloody Gasquet! You want him to win 99% of the time...he doesn't!. The 1% time you want him to lose, he wins!
 Just my thoughts.. He will lose as easily as he can against Djokovic... something like 6-1 6-0- 6-2

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Nothing funnier than Gasquet's interviews. He learns 3 phrases in English and repeats them in succession very swiftly.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Tenez wrote:Nothing funnier than Gasquet's interviews. He learns 3 phrases in English and repeats them in succession very swiftly.

I love them!!!

Today he was not at his French English best but still super cute.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:09 pm

I want Richie and Fed in the final, am I asking too much?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:15 pm

So happy for Richie.

He deserved this SF.
Such an unassuming, lovely player. He's really got some BH and I'm not talking "beautiful" here...that shot has got a life of its own...I said earlier it's the love of his life, it's his all.

It comes right out of his heart.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I want Richie and Fed in the final, am I asking too much?
You're asking for eternal peace on earth

BTW: can you explain where your Djokovic fanhood went?

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:39 pm

I am certainly glad for Richie too...but knowing this was his final match. As Rotla says he might not even bother in the semi.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:42 pm

gallery play wrote:

Good question...

It was after his RG loss, the way he lost...and the comment Tenez made on one of my comments mentioning the soul...
I realised that his world became different and distant from mine, it felt like he loved money more than the truth...
Big words, I know, but I'm trying to express the core of it.

Suddenly, I saw the beauty of Stan's courage and ugliness of Nole's unjustified fear...up to then I thought it was imprinted on his heart through years of hardship and humiliation he had to endure coming from war-ravished country...
I went through it all... worse than him.

I realised it was different...

I still like him as a guy, and will cheer for him against players like Cilic...but I also wanted to be free from the silly fandom immaturity for a long time...so the "silver cord loosened" ...

Like in those beautiful verses frim Ecclesiastes 12:6

"Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,
Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
Or the wheel broken at the well."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Tenez wrote:I am certainly glad for Richie too...but knowing this was his final match. As Rotla says he might not even bother in the semi.

Richie is playing well.
Serving well.

Nole is not as good as last year.

Fed will beat him if he gets past Murray.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:46 pm

anyone but murray to win...!!!
please god..i hope roger blows him right off the court on friday

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Veejay wrote:anyone but murray to win...!!!
Amen! Bubbly
sorry GP. Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:

Good question...

It was after his RG loss, the way he lost...and the comment Tenez made on one of my comments mentioning the soul...
I realised that his world became different and distant from mine, it felt like he loved money more than the truth...

Suddenly, I saw the beauty of Stan's courage and ugliness of Nole's unjustified fear...up to then I thought it was imprinted on his heart through years of hardship and humiliation he had to endure coming from war-ravished country...

I still like him as a guy, and will cheer for him against players like Cilic...but I also wanted to be free from the silly fandom immaturity for a long time...so the "silver cord loosened" ...

I don;t think he is driven by the money. Winning and success are enough of a drug. However I agree that with him success is more important than the way to get there. In that respect he shares that with Nadal and Murray...and many more.

On Tuesday under pressure he showed a nasty side of his character..when he shouted at the ball boy. One can tell his darker side is never too far.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Tenez wrote:
I don;t think he is driven by the money. Winning and success are enough of a drug. However I agree that with him success is more important than the way to get there. In that respect he shares that with Nadal and Murray...and many more.

On Tuesday under pressure he showed a nasty side of his character..when he shouted at the ball boy. One can tell his darker side is never too far.

You are very right.
On Saturday, I spent 3-4 hours in a player's "box". It's a cruel and cold place if success is the king.
Even in the baking sun.

And I have also seen the opposite - sweetness of truth an honour. And Richie is like that.
For me, that's more important than all trophies put together.

That's why I like Stan, too...he is more human than Fed.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:

Good question...

Well, you have thought about it but i don't think you can turn the switch like that. Fandom is indeed a bit silly but what's the alternative? Repress the passion?
But hey, i'm not going to tell you it's wrong to stop being a Djoko fan!  Winking

Actually Nitb, don't know if you remember but once i told you this was going to happen, in a PM!

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:anyone but murray to win...!!!
Amen! Bubbly
sorry GP. Winking
Big Grin
Murray is just a better option than Djoko for me. In all other cases, screw him Whistle

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Rewatching a bit of Simon federer match...I can see that Fed is going to suffer v Djoko...if he gets there.

he will have to play the perfect aggressive match. Not going to be easy! As I said I woud lhave fancied his chances in the first week on pristine grass court....but after 2 weeks of battering and sun...the courts will favour Djoko tremendously.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 pm

gallery play wrote:Well, you have thought about it but i don't think you can turn the switch like that. Fandom is indeed a bit silly but what's the alternative? Repress the passion?
But hey, i'm not going to tell you it's wrong to stop being a Djoko fan!  Winking

Actually Nitb, don't know if you remember but once i told you this was going to happen, in a PM!
With me it had to be felt, not thought.
All my truths happen in the heart.

That's why it took so long...

Btw, I don't remember the Nole fandom comment in a PM, only that you were questioning why I liked Federer, and that must've been 2-3 years ago, which now feels like an eternity!

It was getting a bit suffocating, tbh. But I enjoyed it. Was part of my personal catharsis.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:13 pm

ski
Tenez wrote:Rewatching a bit of Simon federer match...I can see that Fed is going to suffer v Djoko...if he gets there.

he will have to play the perfect aggressive match. Not going to be easy! As I said I woud lhave fancied his chances in the first week on pristine grass court....but after 2 weeks of battering and sun...the courts will favour Djoko tremendously.

I agree, but Nole looks unusually fearful this year. I've no idea why.

I genuinely think he's not as good on grass like last year. Looked like a dead man walking in Boodles.
RG loss must've killed stg in him.

I know he will be a more physical Simon for Federer, but despite all, I think Fed will need just a bit of confidence beat him.

I feel like Nole has had enough of tennis...he hasn't emotionally recovered from RG. He is vulnerable compared to last year when he was full of some optimistic breeze and promise.
Something is rotten somewhere, ready to burst...and it may well be Boris's head if things don't turn out glorious.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:30 pm

We'll see but Murray is going to hurt Federer while Djoko won't be hurt in his semi.....A fresh Djoko v a tired Fed? can't see it really....even though I really want to.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:Well, you have thought about it but i don't think you can turn the switch like that. Fandom is indeed a bit silly but what's the alternative? Repress the passion?

With me it had to be felt, not thought.
All my truths happen in the heart.

That's why it took so long...

Btw, I don't remember the Nole fandom comment in a PM, only that you were questioning why I liked Federer, and that must've been 2-3 years ago, which now feels like an eternity!

It was getting a bit suffocating, tbh. But I enjoyed it. Was part of my personal catharsis.

Naah, i've never asked someone that question, i already know why people like Federer!

You see a different Nole atm than i do. He's very close to winning Wimbledon. Only Murray combined with a crazy audience can make it difficult.
I think he was a little bit in doubt after losing RG but he now knows he can bring almost anything back and forces his opponants to go for too much. And the exit of Stan will give him a few extra good nights of sleep.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3