Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

+5
Polly 81
gallery play
summerblues
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:03 pm

noleisthebest wrote:With Fed...I suppose just the energy to last and compete in long rallies.
If he were he would not try to shorten rallies at all costs.

It's far too physical for him to be clean now even with all the talent.
I would tend to agree but he has lost so many matches because of his fitness. Even in 2011 v Djoko's USO semi, he had to gove up 2 sets to make sure he had enough energy for the 5th. A tactical move he was forced to adopted cause he was already tired in the 3rd. Same thing in USO 09.

It's difficult to project oneself at our age cause when I was younger I coudl play 8 hours on a tennis court....sure at an amateur level but without training nor eating even!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Autumnleaf wrote:^^ I don't think so. What's the limit for 100 m? What's the limit for 10.000 or for climbing Alpe d'Huez?

I don't follow athletics any more...entire professional sport is up to its eyeballs in drugs.

At least in tennis I can enjoy a bit of flare but only just...that will soon go once Fed retires, unless a miracle happens.

Very sad, but true.

Money ruins everything.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:With Fed...I suppose just the energy to last and compete in long rallies.

I would tend to agree but he has lost so many matches because of his fitness. Even in 2011 v Djoko's USO semi, he had to gove up 2 sets to make sure he had enough energy for the 5th. A tactical move he was forced to adopted cause he was already tired in the 3rd. Same thing in USO 09.

It's difficult to project oneself at our age cause when I was younger I coudl play 8 hours on a tennis court....sure at an amateur level but without training nor eating even!

But be honest, could you have played at this physical level?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:06 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:How would you know if you don't know who plays clean and who does not and moreover suspect that everybody is on drugs?

Where is the limit for clean players?
Because I play myself.
Well, unless you are a world class player, that doesn't mean you know. Even then it's tough, because physical limits DO differ between human beings.

You don't have to be a world class player to know what's physically possible and what's not.
It's quite easy, in fact.

No. What is your vo2 max? What is a fit athletes vo2 max? What is the vo2 max of an elite athlete?
I'm sorry but playing at your level isn't enough to gauge.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I don't follow athletics any more...entire professional sport is up to its eyeballs in drugs.
The point was that the human limit is not known.

ETA: there even truly are "freaks of nature". In the 30ies there was a xc-skier who won every race because he suffered from a genetical defect that caused his RBC to rocket. Now that guy would have been a true loser of the epo-era.

Last edited by Autumnleaf on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:09 pm

luvsports! wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:How would you know if you don't know who plays clean and who does not and moreover suspect that everybody is on drugs?

Because I play myself.
Well, unless you are a world class player, that doesn't mean you know. Even then it's tough, because physical limits DO differ between human beings.

You don't have to be a world class player to know what's physically possible and what's not.

No. What is your vo2 max? What is a fit athletes vo2 max? What is the vo2 max of an elite athlete?

What makes an athlete "elite" these days, LS?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Autumnleaf wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I don't follow athletics any more...entire professional sport is up to its eyeballs in drugs.
The point was that the human limit is not known.

Of course it is!
The rest is propaganda Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:13 pm

It's only drugs that make "elite" athletes looks superhuman and push limits now.

Why would a 21st century sprinter be any better than the 20th century one?

I agree, athletes can afford better training regimes etc...but our bodies are the same...and have been the same from day one: bones, muscles, heart, mind, soul...just silly media brainwashing us we are getting "better"...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 pm

gallery play wrote:Waw can't stand the heat
coupled with the crowd filling his ears and mind! Must be tough out there.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
luvsports! wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Because I play myself.

What makes an athlete "elite" these days, LS?

Definitely not someone who plays for a club, no offence. Top 50 for sure.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:16 pm

With tennis, it's different as it also requires hand to eye coordination, so not exclusively physical, which is why that's the last bastion of any enjoyment in following sport.

If equipment: strings, balls are kept in check, it can still be great to watch for a long time...but it's not.

Thanks to Nadal, the X factor man, TDs have killed tennis...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:18 pm

noleisthebest wrote:It's only drugs that make "elite" athletes looks superhuman and push limits now.

Why would a 21st century sprinter be any better than the 20th century one?

I agree, athletes can afford better training regimes etc...but our bodies are the same...and have been the same from day one: bones, muscles, heart, mind, soul...just silly media brainwashing us we are getting "better"...
Only in the very basics. In truth we are all different and that's why the human limit is hard to gauge. Very rare genetic deviations can cause gaps in performance.

No, 21st century sprinters would not necessarily be better than 20th century sprinters. But the individual starting the 21st century could be better (suited to the sport) than the individual starting in the 20th century.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Anyway...as I say, I feel for players now...they work so hard and have to put up with these dreadful balls, incurring blisters, aching in their bodies, just so Babolat can make tons of profit.

And people like Bernardes can't even do their job.

The sooner Nadal retires the better, and his loss here is a big step towards it, I hope!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:

But be honest, could you have played at this physical level?
I have never been a great athlete...and I believe Federer is naturally one, raised in the swiss Alps...but regardless, I have never been impressed by one of Federer's physical performance. Can you name one where he has been amazing? Let's not forget, they stop every other game for 1mn30 to rest entirely.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:..The  sooner Nadal retires the better, and his loss here is a big step towards it, I hope!

Nadal wasn't the first and won't be the last. He certainly made it more obvious.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Tenez wrote:
I have never been a great athlete...and I believe Federer is naturally one, raised in the swiss Alps...but regardless, I have never been impressed by one of Federer's physical performance. Can you name one where he has been amazing? Let's not forget, they stop every other game for 1mn30 to rest entirely.
Nadal is a great natural athlete, as well (underneath all that fake muscle, of course).
The thing that separates them as tennis players is talent.

Also, at this level of physical exertion, with these balls, I don't think 1.30 is enough for them to recover esp if long rallies have been played.

It's the legs that are affected more than anything.

I was impressed with Fed beating Monfils at USO last year, although Monfils totally threw the 5th set away.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:..The  sooner Nadal retires the better, and his loss here is a big step towards it, I hope!

Nadal wasn't the first and won't be the last. He certainly made it more obvious.

Yes, but he pushed it to the breaking point, that's why many look hybrid and play this plastic tennis now, and it's harder to see talent underneath all that drill and spin.

I have nothing against talent using any help to make the game watchable...Henin was another one.

That's why I could never warm to Serena...despite her great talent she made the game so physical, Henin had to retire.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Actually the legs can go a long way. In tennis it's the precision that goes first.

I was impressed with Fed beating Monfils at USO last year, although Monfils totally threw the 5th set away.
Maybe but he certainly had nothing left the following match. Whereas a doper would typically do well then. We have seen Djoko and Nadal lining those incredibly tough matches one after the other....Federer? Never.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Looks like Wawrinka will still be the better equipped to beat Djko/Murray.....so I am hoping he wins in 4.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Actually the legs can go a long way. In tennis it's the precision that goes first.

Maybe but he certainly had nothing left the following match. Whereas a doper would typically do well then. We have seen Djoko and Nadal lining those incredibly tough matches one after the other....Federer? Never.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, then.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Tsonga is playing safe tennis that won't work against Murray or Djoko but is tiring and frustrating stan.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Poor Stan after netting that volley...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:05 pm

luvsports! wrote:Tsonga is playing safe tennis that won't work against Murray or Djoko but is tiring and frustrating stan.
Yes, that's the annoying part of this afternoon.
Stan gets frustrated and exhausted but under normal circumstances we could have a good final. With either Tsonga or a dehydrated Stan the final is a foregone conclusion.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Tsonga is going on crowd fumes here....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:06 pm

COMEEEE ONNNNNNN!!!! 3RD SET STAN! What was Tsonga thinking?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Come on Stan!!!!
And now a nice and easy 6-2 please

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:08 pm

That was one supergutsy BH winner from Stan that turned the TB!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:10 pm

All I can say, Nishi must've played a really rubbish match to lose to Tsonga....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:10 pm

OTF posters, how's the weather at your place?

Here in Holland it's 34C.. I think it's actually hotter now than during that famous 2006 RG final.
It must be between 45 and 50 degrees on court.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:12 pm

I was just in the garden...felt like early 20s in Berks.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Why is it they allow the courts to be watered when it is Tsonga Stan and not Nole Nadal? This is absurd!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Tenez wrote:Why is it they allow the courts to be watered when it is Tsonga Stan and not Nole Nadal? This is absurd!
Awful, isn't it?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Tenez wrote:Why is it they allow the courts to be watered when it is Tsonga Stan and not Nole Nadal? This is absurd!
Well it's about 15 degrees hotter now. I can tell it's not hot in London Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:19 pm

2-0, big hold!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Stan's face looks like a tomato. It's amazing he still has the power.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:22 pm

gallery play wrote:OTF posters, how's the weather at your place?

Here in Holland it's 34C.. I think it's actually hotter now than during that famous 2006 RG final.
Yikes

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Around 6:00 heavy thunderstorms are expected. Temperature will drop dramactically. What does this mean for the second match? I don't know

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:OTF posters, how's the weather at your place?

Yikes

Yeah, so you can imagine how hot it is on Chartier court

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Tsonga 1/17 on bp's.....

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:49 pm

And Stan on 14/3..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:52 pm

gallery play wrote:
Yikes

Yeah, so you can imagine how hot it is on Chartier court[/quote]
Thanks for the breeze. Without it it woudl be over 60C.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Wawrinka needs to a deluge after this match! Making Djoko and Murray play tomorrow woudl really up his odds.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:00 pm

Come on Stan 2 more points and you're there!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:01 pm

STAN THE MAN!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Sad for Tsonga...but I agree it slightly makes it more exciting for Sunday.

Right now for the next match we want to see blood on red dust!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Tenez wrote:

For starters!

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:32 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:

For starters!

What a stater for a first game!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Murray ain't gonna last long in this mode...already taking ages for his serve.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:36 pm

...and walks to towel himself after hitting an ace...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:40 pm

This is a very painful watching, I don't even want to know what it must feel like to play there now.

There is going to be some serious dehydration after two sets.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next