Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

davis  GOAT  

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 1:44 am by DECIMA

» Rule changes to come in tennish
Today at 12:14 am by Tenez

» World Tour Finals 2017
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm by Daniel

» Jana Novotna Passes Away
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 am by bogbrush

» Any rugby fans?
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm by Jahu

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 am by legendkillar

» Anyone want to swap a day ticket on Monday for Sunday??
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am by Tenez

» So what's your projections for 2018?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 am by summerblues

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:36 pm

yep....what a pain. They were saying a storm was about to errupt so it was about "safety and Regulations"! erm

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 pm

This is going to benefit Djoko as Murray still had a bit of momentum.

I was hopping for a 5 setter. I mean 4 tonight and a 5th tomorrow.

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Tenez wrote:This is going to benefit Djoko as Murray still had a bit of momentum.

I was hopping for a 5 setter. I mean 4 tonight and a 5th tomorrow.

Is play stopped because of rain?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:44 pm

luvsports! wrote:What do you say to the MTO now nitb?
Good on him!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:This is going to benefit Djoko as Murray still had a bit of momentum.

I was hopping for a 5 setter. I mean 4 tonight and a 5th tomorrow.

Is play stopped because of rain?
It could thunder any time.

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:This is going to benefit Djoko as Murray still had a bit of momentum.

I was hopping for a 5 setter. I mean 4 tonight and a 5th tomorrow.

Is play stopped because of rain?
It could thunder any time.

Oh...so delayed till tomorrow... Yikes

Ah well...plenty to talk about here in the meantime smiley

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:50 pm

I nearly had a heart attack thinking Nole retired because of some injury...that hunch of yours T that Nole will never win RG is still haunting me...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:51 pm

So it's lull before tomorrow's storm now....

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
luvsports! wrote:What do you say to the MTO now nitb?
Good on him!

Maybe he needed it. It's not like he has them all the time like in the past.
It's a very physical match and many things can get sprained, pulled and injured.


noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by gallery play on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:28 pm

I heard Andy preferred to call it a day right away, whereas Djoko wanted to wait and see if they could play a few more games after the rain.

That seems illogical by both because Andy had the momentum, right?

Well, i believe this confirms Djoko is always the fitter one. He knows it and all players know it. 

Obviously i want a fifth set, the last part was too spectacular.

My heart is with Murray because a. I think his game is more dynamical, b. he's the underdog, c. it's better for Stan.

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:45 pm

I didn't watch 3rd and 4th set, but they should've played a few more games if there was no rain...

As things are, this is not the best of five match any more. Another example of unfair scheduling.

Nole will be livid with himself for not finishing Murray off in 3 sets.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi rotla,

as it's the weekend, can you please bring points calcs up to date as promised.
We have some very keen competitors here Winking

T,
can you look at points for doubles in today's picks, one of them looks a bit odd.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:58 pm

gallery play wrote:I heard Andy preferred to call it a day right away, whereas Djoko wanted to wait and see if they could play a few more games after the rain.

That seems illogical by both because Andy had the momentum, right?

Well, i believe this confirms Djoko is always the fitter one. He knows it and all players know it. 

Obviously i want a fifth set, the last part was too spectacular.

My heart is with Murray because a. I think his game is more dynamical, b. he's the underdog, c. it's better for Stan.
Yep I am with you. Though if they could both break a leg! Devil Ok....I m mean, I agree.

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:00 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I nearly had a heart attack thinking Nole retired because of some injury...that hunch of yours T that Nole will never win RG is still haunting me...
yep...but why does he need the french? It would be ironing that of oif the greatest counter puncher could not win on clay......He would not be the first one: Hewitt being another one.

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
T,
can you look at points for doubles in today's picks, one of them looks a bit odd.
better?

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I nearly had a heart attack thinking Nole retired because of some injury...that hunch of yours T that Nole will never win RG is still haunting me...
yep...but why does he need the french? It would be ironing that of oif the greatest counter puncher could not win on clay......He would not be the first one: Hewitt being another one.
Not sure what to make of this question...I'll survive, though.
noleisthebest is indestructable Cool

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
T,
can you look at points for doubles in today's picks, one of them looks a bit odd.
better?

Yes, thanks.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:24 pm

As for "Djoko is fitter", again I, disagree.
He is simply a better player who does not need extra muscle to artificially pump his shots like Murray.

Is it his fault Murray's hand to eye coordination is so poor he has to muscle the ball and not able to last?

He is simply energy inefficient and you can't blame Nole for that.

Anyway...I hope Nole wins this tomorrow, though I'm prepared for the worst Wah

It would be criminal for Murray to find himself in the final by accident, and God forbid even win the whole thing...Yikes

PS
sorry GP, LS, T and all others Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:49 pm

...But he is fitter.

he did not opt for extra muscle he opted for more mobility and better stamina.

Very simply put he wanted to a be a 800m racer whereas Murray and Nadal opted for the 400m race.

In today's conditions, the 800m racer simply wins. But in fact let's say Djoko is better at running 800m than Murray with his bigger legs is at 400m.

It's not about talent. What has talent got to do in 20 shots rallies? It's not Murray who wants those rallies more than Djoko. They are both happy to go for lungs.....but a the end the fitter wins!


Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:56 pm

I think I get the message.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by summerblues on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:06 am

Yey!  I could not watch tennis today as I was at work and I still will get to see some of the SF!  Hopefully it will not be over in 10 minutes - preferably 2+ hours to go.

summerblues

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by summerblues on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:10 am

noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
luvsports! wrote:What do you say to the MTO now nitb?
Good on him!

Maybe he needed it. It's not like he has them all the time like in the past.
But of course smiley

As far as MTOs go, Nole is one of the dirtiest players around. He had one in his USO final against Andy at 5:2 in the fifth set as Andy was going to serve for the match. I also think he took one in last year's Wimbledon final early in the fifth while Fed was having momentum.

There are countless examples of him abusing MTOs at will.

summerblues

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by summerblues on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:11 am

Let's remember, it is still ABN for this French Open.

summerblues

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:55 am

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
luvsports! wrote:What do you say to the MTO now nitb?
Good on him!

Maybe he needed it. It's not like he has them all the time like in the past.
But of course smiley

As far as MTOs go, Nole is one of the dirtiest players around.  He had one in his USO final against Andy at 5:2 in the fifth set as Andy was going to serve for the match.  I also think he took one in last year's Wimbledon final early in the fifth while Fed was having momentum.

There are countless examples of him abusing MTOs at will.

Well, I certainly don't approve of MTOs used tactically.
I don't delude myself he's angelic like Andy.

But I still think he probably needed an MTO as he's been dealing with pulled groin& hip flexor for a few matches.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by gallery play on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:38 pm

No one's watching?????

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by gallery play on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Ok, we have a fifth. Stan's smiling. Me too Big Grin

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Tenez on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Yes I am certainly watching.....but there is another thread. Murray is really putting the pressure by covering more ground.

Tenez

Posts : 17384
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by gallery play on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:40 pm

If Djoko's gameplan was: keep calm, and Murray's: express yourself,  we can tell which one's working better until now

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by gallery play on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes I am certainly watching.....but there is another thread.  Murray is really putting the pressure by covering more ground.
Murray picked up were he left, Djoko tried to remain as calm as in the first 2 sets. I think that was a mistake by Team Nole.
This isn't a standard situation.
Anyway, you can see Djoko has more length in his shots, sooner or later that will cost Murray. I'd say Murray can only win by getting the audience involved and getting under Djoko's skin.

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by summerblues on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:00 am

noleisthebest wrote:You don't have to be a world class player to know what's physically possible and what's not.
It's quite easy, in fact.
Naiveté at its finest.

summerblues

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roland Garros 2015: Daily Prediction Game, Day 13 Friday Semi Final

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum