Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wimbledon 2017 Talk
Today at 1:22 am by Daniel

» Who does she think she is?
Today at 12:18 am by Veejay

» Grass - 2017
Yesterday at 6:52 pm by Daniel

» U.S Election
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 am by legendkillar

» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:08 pm by Tenez

» Fight for #1
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 am by Jahu

» Why test sportspeople for cocaine?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:06 pm by Daniel

» I can't fucking stand Zverev's game
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:29 pm by ...

» Grass Season - Expectations
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:55 am by DECIMA

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

luvsports! wrote:Pascal Maria

I'm glad he did it, hopefully will be as good when he umpires Nadal.
I'll never forget when Nole begged him to have courts watered in that final, and he wouldn't allow it because Nadal objected to it.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 10:21 am

Though it's officially 20s in slams they allow for 25s...and obviously for more when it comes to Nadal as I have checked and goes consistently over by 5 sec.

But I believe the rule at first said 25s for 1st AND 2nd serve and this is where Nadal very easily goes over 40s on a second serve.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 10:44 am

I seriously can't imagine Nadal getting a warning in RG.

Umpires will warn anyone else but him there.
I wonder if's had reassurances he won't be touched.

Because if he knows he's safe, he'll be relaxed and carry on as usual...maybe he'll receive a cosmetic warning for the sake of it...

I'd like Eva Asderaki to umpire him, is she in Paris this year?

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 11:08 am

noleisthebest wrote:
I'd like Eva Asderaki to umpire him, is she in Paris this year?
Don't know her...what about her?

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
I'd like Eva Asderaki to umpire him, is she in Paris this year?
Don't know her...what about her?

http://en.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/275491.html

Women are gutsier than men Winking

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by paulcz on Fri May 29, 2015 11:40 am

I normally care about just tennis stuff, but  looking at what 606v2 moderators do on their forum re  Nadal & Bernardes thread is disgusting in the same way as Nadal's demenear.
The moderators have all habits of communists, i.e. they want to see on their forum only what they like, all the other stuff is finished off there soon.

I don't want to speak for their normal posters, and there is a couple very good people, but the mind boggles how this forum is getting rotted there by mods.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 11:46 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Women are gutsier than men Winking
That's true!

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 am

paulcz wrote:I normally care about just tennis stuff, but  looking at what 606v2 moderators do on their forum re  Nadal & Bernardes thread is disgusting in the same way as Nadal's demenear.
The moderators have all habits of communists, i.e. they want to see on their forum only what they like, all the other stuff is finished off there soon.

I don't want to speak for their normal posters, and there is a couple very good people, but the mind boggles how this forum is getting rotted there by mods.

Yes mods there are very patronising, like nursery teachers at kindergarten.
They love their bit of power, don't they?


...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 11:51 am

paulcz wrote:I normally care about just tennis stuff, but  looking at what 606v2 moderators do on their forum re  Nadal & Bernardes thread is disgusting in the same way as Nadal's demenear.
The moderators have all habits of communists, i.e. they want to see on their forum only what they like, all the other stuff is finished off there soon.

I don't want to speak for their normal posters, and there is a couple very good people, but the mind boggles how this forum is getting rotted there by mods.
Do they have a choice? They got rid of the anti-Nadal posters....they cannot rid off the Nadal fans now.

One thing to excuse Nadal, if he is excusable...is that we should not forget that he seriously increased the popularity of the sport and that everybody benefitted from it, including referees. In a way they owe him that and that is why they all have turned a blind eye about his cheating (There is no other word)....The one who actually suffered, financially and "historically" from Nadal was essentially Federer.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 11:55 am

Tenez wrote:
Do they have a choice? They got rid of the anti-Nadal posters....they cannot rid off the Nadal fans now.

One thing to excuse Nadal, if he is excusable...is that we should not forget that he seriously increased the popularity of the sport and that everybody benefitted from it, including referees. In a way they owe him that and that is why they all have turned a blind eye about his cheating (There is no other word)....The one who actually suffered, financially and "historically" from Nadal was essentially Federer.

Even if that is true (I'm still not quite convinced), was it worth it?

Do you think Nadal without Federer would have made tennis popular?

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Do they have a choice? They got rid of the anti-Nadal posters....they cannot rid off the Nadal fans now.

One thing to excuse Nadal, if he is excusable...is that we should not forget that he seriously increased the popularity of the sport and that everybody benefitted from it, including referees. In a way they owe him that and that is why they all have turned a blind eye about his cheating (There is no other word)....The one who actually suffered, financially and "historically" from Nadal was essentially Federer.

Even if that is true (I'm still not quite convinced), was it worth it?

Do you think Nadal without Federer would have made tennis popular?

Borg made the sport popular without McEnroe at first.

Nadal doubled Fed's popularity. Fed multiplied it by 5 probably and Nadal doubled it to 10 times before Fed and him.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 pm

I can only speak from my experience, the rest is propaganda Winking

Who exactly did Nadal make tennis popular with?

I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Borg could play tennis, knew how to carry on...

I think all this popularity talk has also been overhyped by media.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Fri May 29, 2015 12:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Speak for yourself NITB Thumbs Up

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Speak for yourself NITB Thumbs Up

But it's true, isn't it?

To quote Wooffie's famous line:

A Rafateer who should know better ... but there's something about his chocolate eyes and caramel skin that make me go all of a dither.


Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri May 29, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 12:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I can only speak from my experience, the rest is propaganda Winking

Who exactly did Nadal make tennis popular with?

I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Borg could play tennis, knew how to carry on...

I think all this popularity talk has also been overhyped by media.
he has made it popular by bringing in millions of fans (15 Millions in fact! according to FB alone)...You can fill many tournaments with 15 million fans.

It's the fact he is not attracting the hard core tennis fans like us which makes it even more impressive. I know it is only an image thing, plus success which came in a dodgy way...but at the end of the day business wise everybody benefits from it.

Plus you have the Nadal haters (or Fed fans) who also get involved more into the sport because of him....that's probably another 15 million people.

Nadal polarised much more than Federer...and that is worth a lot of selling papers, debates, forum activity and ultimately passion and money.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I can only speak from my experience, the rest is propaganda Winking

Who exactly did Nadal make tennis popular with?

I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Borg could play tennis, knew how to carry on...

I think all this popularity talk has also been overhyped by media.
he has made it popular by bringing in millions of fans (15 Millions in fact! according to FB alone)...You can fill many tournaments with 15 million fans.

It's the fact he is not attracting the hard core tennis fans like us which makes it even more impressive. I know it is only an image thing, plus success which came in a dodgy way...but at the end of the day business wise everybody benefits from it.

Plus you have the Nadal haters (or Fed fans) who also get involved more into the sport because of him....that's probably another 15 million people.

Nadal polarised much more than Federer...and that is worth a lot of selling papers, debates, forum activity and ultimately passion and money.
Yes, but I bet 3/4 of all those millions are skint fans from 3rd world countries who only follow tennis on blogs and never spend a penny on it.


Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Speak for yourself NITB Thumbs Up

But it's true, isn't it?

To quote Wooffie's famous line:

A Rafateer who should know better ... but there's something about his chocolate eyes and caramel skin that make me go all of a dither.
Last time I checked, I wasn't Woofie Thumbs Up

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 12:30 pm

I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product. But they don't come easy. As we know they won't be able to turn Murray and Djoko into such products.

They are trying hard with Dimi but clearly Dimi can't sustain the pressure and his lacks that will power so much needed to make a champion.

It's not easy to create icons. Nadal was one.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I can only speak from my experience, the rest is propaganda Winking

Who exactly did Nadal make tennis popular with?

I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Borg could play tennis, knew how to carry on...

I think all this popularity talk has also been overhyped by media.
he has made it popular by bringing in millions of fans (15 Millions in fact! according to FB alone)...You can fill many tournaments with 15 million fans.

It's the fact he is not attracting the hard core tennis fans like us which makes it even more impressive. I know it is only an image thing, plus success which came in a dodgy way...but at the end of the day business wise everybody benefits from it.

Plus you have the Nadal haters (or Fed fans) who also get involved more into the sport because of him....that's probably another 15 million people.

Nadal polarised much more than Federer...and that is worth a lot of selling papers, debates, forum activity and ultimately passion and money.
Yes, but I bet 3/4 of all those millions are skint fans from 3rd world countries who only follow tennis on blogs and never spend a penny on it.
no more than those who follow the other players.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product. But they don't come easy. As we know they won't be able to turn Murray and Djoko into such products.

They are trying hard with Dimi but clearly Dimi can't sustain the pressure and his lacks that will power so much needed to make a champion.

It's not easy to create icons. Nadal was one.

Actually, I think it's pretty easy to create icons these days...just look at pop industry!

Murray and Nole aren't interested in prostituting themselves for a few more million FB fans...

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.  
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.
Why him and not Federer?

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Fri May 29, 2015 12:42 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product. But they don't come easy. As we know they won't be able to turn Murray and Djoko into such products.

They are trying hard with Dimi but clearly Dimi can't sustain the pressure and his lacks that will power so much needed to make a champion.

It's not easy to create icons. Nadal was one.

Actually, I think it's pretty easy to create icons these days...just look at pop industry!
Oh yeah? Who? I don't know any.

Murray and Nole aren't interested in prostituting themselves for a few more million FB fans...
Of course they would. They both would cheat to succeed too.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Fri May 29, 2015 12:42 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.  
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.
Why him and not Federer?
Because I found him much more fun to watch and also liked his attitude more.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.  
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.
Why him and not Federer?

But it doesn't matter, really...
It's good to have a night sky for stars to shine in!

I just don't like the way he ruined tennis and keeps abusing his privileged position which, though he work a lot to contribute towards, he was still helped much more than others.
He should not forget that.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product. But they don't come easy. As we know they won't be able to turn Murray and Djoko into such products.
They are trying hard with Dimi but clearly Dimi can't sustain the pressure and his lacks that will power so much needed to make a champion.
It's not easy to create icons. Nadal was one.
Actually, I think it's pretty easy to create icons these days...just look at pop industry!
Oh yeah? Who? I don't know any.

All these vulgar pornographic looking celebrities that we are bombarded with daily: Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Miley...family Kardashian...
Surely no Edith Piaffs, are they?
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Murray and Nole aren't interested in prostituting themselves for a few more million FB fans...
Of course they would. They both would cheat to succeed too.
They all sell pieces of their souls on the way to the top, some more some less.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.  
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.
Why him and not Federer?
Because I found him much more fun to watch and also liked his attitude more.

I can see why some people could not warm to Federer, although I find him quite handsome, he didn't even bother with his looks when young, that pony tail phase was terrible, in fact.
His tennis is more than enough, though, and is a magnet for those who love the game.
Similar to Stepanek - what an ugly bloke, but such a great, fun game!

But I don't follow tennis to watch good-looking men, couldn't care less...though I do think they are best looking athletes in general.

I have found Nadal an instant turn-off from the first time I saw him, though. Just everything about him was disgusting to me.

So that must be that polarising effect Tenez is talking about Winking

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Fri May 29, 2015 10:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.  
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.
Why him and not Federer?
Because I found him much more fun to watch and also liked his attitude more.

I can see why some people could not warm to Federer, although I find him quite handsome, he didn't even bother with his looks when young, that pony tail phase was terrible, in fact.
His tennis is more than enough, though, and is a magnet for those who love the game.
Similar to Stepanek - what an ugly bloke, but such a great, fun game!

But I don't follow tennis to watch good-looking men, couldn't care less...though I do think they are best looking athletes in general.

I have found Nadal an instant turn-off from the first time I saw him, though. Just everything about him was disgusting to me.

So that must be that polarising effect Tenez is talking about Winking
Oh for crying out loud NITB, I'm not gay (as I think your insinuating here) and I wouldn't have supported Federer even if he had bothered combing his pony tail.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Sorry Kimmy, you misunderstood my post...and anyway, since when am I into insinuations...life's too short for that!

I know you are not gay, I also believed/supported you when you said you were not a "she".

Even if you were either...it's your life and your choice.

Enjoy it, and don't let anyone spoil it for you Winking

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by truffin1 on Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 am

I visited for the 1st time in a year or so the forum I used to frequent before here, and was pleased/shocked to see a long time nadal Fan who I had spent many an hour arguing with- was now voicing his disgust and disillusionment with Nadals behavior this year. He even half apologized for all the times he had defended nadal as he could see how that at least some of it was true. On top of all that- several other big time nadal fans voiced agreement! These are people I remember being on par with the amri type uber nadal fans! They are finally seeing through the humble sportsman bs.

Of course, as many of us knew- the day nadal started losing regularly- many of his fans would drop off the bandwagon, and they will surely jump back on if he wins the French, but it's still interesting to see the tide turning.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by paulcz on Sat May 30, 2015 8:40 am

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:I normally care about just tennis stuff, but  looking at what 606v2 moderators do on their forum re  Nadal & Bernardes thread is disgusting in the same way as Nadal's demenear.
The moderators have all habits of communists, i.e. they want to see on their forum only what they like, all the other stuff is finished off there soon.

I don't want to speak for their normal posters, and there is a couple very good people, but the mind boggles how this forum is getting rotted there by mods.
Do they have a choice? They got rid of the anti-Nadal posters....they cannot rid off the Nadal fans now.

One thing to excuse Nadal, if he is excusable...is that we should not forget that he seriously increased the popularity of the sport and that everybody benefitted from it, including referees. In a way they owe him that and that is why they all have turned a blind eye about his cheating (There is no other word)....The one who actually suffered, financially and "historically" from Nadal was essentially Federer.

Nadal's popularity rocketed due to the fact that he was only one who was able to beat Fed regardless to his game and antics. Imagine, if there was no Federer and then after Sampras / Agassi appeared Nadal with his game. One thing is clear, surfaces should stay with the same speed and balls very same.  That would be a disaster to watch such a circuss winner for fans for a long period. 
Organizers with sponzors have put a huge effort in how to make up Nadal as a winning counterpart to Fed.  But without Fed there would be no interest to help such a stupid game and circuss antics.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Autumnleaf on Sat May 30, 2015 8:42 am

truffin1 wrote:I visited for the 1st time in a year or so the forum I used to frequent before here, and was pleased/shocked to see a long time nadal Fan who I had spent many an hour arguing with-  was now voicing his disgust and disillusionment with Nadals behavior this year. He even half apologized for all the times he had defended nadal as he could see how that at least some of it was true.   On top of all that- several other big time nadal fans voiced agreement!   These are people I remember being on par with the amri type uber nadal fans!  They are finally seeing through the humble sportsman bs.

Of course, as many of us knew- the day nadal started losing regularly- many of his fans would drop off the bandwagon, and they will surely jump back on if he wins the French, but it's still interesting to see the tide turning.  
I noticed that too among Nadalfans. They are increasingly defensive about him and some might become even completely disenchanted with him. The ones who love him as ardently as ever are usually Fedhaters who love to flaunt the h2h, but even they might be a bit disappointed with him since he now rarely made it to Federer even to beat him up.

So much hinges for Nadal on the French, more than for any other player including Djokovic. He would lose clout, he would fall out of the top 10, it will be interesting to see how he'll deal with that kind of pressure.

Autumnleaf

Posts : 624
Join date : 2014-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Sat May 30, 2015 9:14 am

paulcz wrote:
Nadal's popularity rocketed due to the fact that he was only one who was able to beat Fed regardless to his game and antics. Imagine, if there was no Federer and then after Sampras / Agassi appeared Nadal with his game. One thing is clear, surfaces should stay with the same speed and balls very same.  That would be a disaster to watch such a circuss winner for fans for a long period. 
Organizers with sponzors have put a huge effort in how to make up Nadal as a winning counterpart to Fed.  But without Fed there would be no interest to help such a stupid game and circuss antics.
True but one still had to beat the GOAT. Not an easy task, hence why Nadal was helped outside clay. But more than beating Fed, it was the fact he cou;d challenge Fed and even more importantly, he had the xfactor. Djoko and Murray haven't got it, which means they don't quite do much to increase the popularity of the game. In fact they are probably putting a few off.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by paulcz on Sat May 30, 2015 10:57 am

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:
Nadal's popularity rocketed due to the fact that he was only one who was able to beat Fed regardless to his game and antics. Imagine, if there was no Federer and then after Sampras / Agassi appeared Nadal with his game. One thing is clear, surfaces should stay with the same speed and balls very same.  That would be a disaster to watch such a circuss winner for fans for a long period. 
Organizers with sponzors have put a huge effort in how to make up Nadal as a winning counterpart to Fed.  But without Fed there would be no interest to help such a stupid game and circuss antics.
True but one still had to beat the GOAT. Not an easy task, hence why Nadal was helped outside clay. But more than beating Fed, it was the fact he cou;d challenge Fed and even more importantly, he had the xfactor. Djoko and Murray haven't got it, which means they don't quite do much to increase the popularity of the game. In fact they are probably putting a few off.
Behind Nadal's artificially  made x-factor is a massive sponzor campaign of Babolat due to his great marketing potential. He was very young when got at the top of the game, was able to beat great Fed , had behind a very large spain speaking nationalities and especially he has chosen Babolat. Babolat in retun to Nadal, helped him massively with atp events organizers to make up taylored conditions of the courts. But his x-factor as a pure player and man  is in a negative value. As a man he is a sheer  simpleton. His game potential exceeds his "x-factor".
Everywhere you can read comments of his fans they are vastly absolutely silly, idiotic, naive and hypocritical. His fans are just girls or older women, young tennis boys, a lot of people spanish nationalities.
If Nole came from Spain and chose Babolat he could have won more GS than Nadal by now and would have become a king in Spain, but these ifs Whistle

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Sat May 30, 2015 11:51 am

I know the hows and whys of Nadal's success...so I am only talking numbers...and at the end of the day Nadal has 10 million more fans than Djoko and 12 million more than Murray. 10 million is the size of a decent  country! more than the population of Serbia or Switzerland!

Out of those 10 extra million fans, some will continue to bear an interest to tennis once Nadal slips down the ranking.

Nadal (and marketing but marketing alone is not enough as Djoko and Murray can find out) has helped the game tremendously......on one side......though I agree it made a joke of it for the hard core tennis fans.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by paulcz on Sat May 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Tenez wrote:I know the hows and whys of Nadal's success...so I am only talking numbers...and at the end of the day Nadal has 10 million more fans than Djoko and 12 million more than Murray. 10 million is the size of a decent  country! more than the population of Serbia or Switzerland!

Out of those 10 extra million fans, some will continue to bear an interest to tennis once Nadal slips down the ranking.

Nadal (and marketing but marketing alone is not enough as Djoko and Murray can find out) has helped the game tremendously......on one side......though I agree it made a joke of it for the hard core tennis fans.

I am really sorry for young tennis kids who have Nadal as their tennis ideal / hero player. They will suffer a lot after they wake up and learn that it is impossible for them to keep playing  so stupid way.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Sat May 30, 2015 12:31 pm

truffin1 wrote:I visited for the 1st time in a year or so the forum I used to frequent before here, and was pleased/shocked to see a long time nadal Fan who I had spent many an hour arguing with-  was now voicing his disgust and disillusionment with Nadals behavior this year. He even half apologized for all the times he had defended nadal as he could see how that at least some of it was true.   On top of all that- several other big time nadal fans voiced agreement!   These are people I remember being on par with the amri type uber nadal fans!  They are finally seeing through the humble sportsman bs.

Of course, as many of us knew- the day nadal started losing regularly- many of his fans would drop off the bandwagon, and they will surely jump back on if he wins the French, but it's still interesting to see the tide turning.  
Yes, your few anecdotal examples constitutes evidence for a long term trend. Thumbs Up


Last edited by Kim Jong-Un on Sat May 30, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by DECIMA on Sat May 30, 2015 12:35 pm

paulcz wrote:
I am really sorry for young tennis kids who have Nadal as their tennis ideal / hero player. They will suffer a lot after they wake up and learn that it is impossible for them to keep playing  so stupid way.
The last clause of that sentence is not grammatically correct.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Sat May 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
paulcz wrote:
I am really sorry for young tennis kids who have Nadal as their tennis ideal / hero player. They will suffer a lot after they wake up and learn that it is impossible for them to keep playing  so stupid way.
The last clause of that sentence is not grammatically correct.

Kimmy, if only Nadal could have you as his English teacher...

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Sat May 30, 2015 12:47 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
paulcz wrote:
I am really sorry for young tennis kids who have Nadal as their tennis ideal / hero player. They will suffer a lot after they wake up and learn that it is impossible for them to keep playing  so stupid way.
The last clause of that sentence is not grammatically correct.

Kimmy, if only Nadal could have you as his English teacher...
Good answer.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sat May 30, 2015 2:51 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I can only speak from my experience, the rest is propaganda Winking

Who exactly did Nadal make tennis popular with?

I know majority are Kimmys and Woffies of this world, but they don't care about tennis.
Borg could play tennis, knew how to carry on...

I think all this popularity talk has also been overhyped by media.
he has made it popular by bringing in millions of fans (15 Millions in fact! according to FB alone)...You can fill many tournaments with 15 million fans.

It's the fact he is not attracting the hard core tennis fans like us which makes it even more impressive. I know it is only an image thing, plus success which came in a dodgy way...but at the end of the day business wise everybody benefits from it.

Plus you have the Nadal haters (or Fed fans) who also get involved more into the sport because of him....that's probably another 15 million people.

Nadal polarised much more than Federer...and that is worth a lot of selling papers, debates, forum activity and ultimately passion and money.
Yes, but I bet 3/4 of all those millions are skint fans from 3rd world countries who only follow tennis on blogs and never spend a penny on it.
Yeah and who cares about them, the peasants....

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sat May 30, 2015 3:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:I grant you that Nadal's popularity is a media manufactured product.  
I became a Nadal fan when I was quite young, and I didn't go on sports blogs or buy newspapers at the time, I started supporting him after watching him play a few times.
Why him and not Federer?
All part of the rich tapestry of life. Not everyone has to think like you NITB. Some of us even, shock horror, appreciate a DHBH (although not Nadal's, obviously!).

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Sat May 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Autograph!!!!
Back here after a long break and first thing - picking a fight with me. Grr

You misread my posts, about "peasants", or "the other 80%" as I prefer to call the spade.

As for DBH, if you read what I say here on a regular basis, you'd know I, too apreciate it and quite like some: Fognini's, Paire's in particular.

But as a shot in general I hate it as I think it's ruined tennis pushing it to baseline and encouraging fitness over flair and creativity.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sat May 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Sorry NITB. It's totally fine preferring SHBH. Who isn't seduced by the sheer flair of the shot. Just think you take it a bit far at times. How do you cope being a Djoko fan? It must be very conflicting!

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by bogbrush on Sat May 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Just regarding 606v2 mods, I can't speak highly enough of laverfan and Julius is a good guy.

I've been right in the front line recently, mainly due to a couple of right nutters there! Legendkiller too.

bogbrush

Posts : 502
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Sat May 30, 2015 9:31 pm

No offence, but I find them both patronising, treating you all like children...
Laverfan was a mod when Tenez was kicked out, for example.
I really don't see a single reason why he should be kicked out of any forum, it's a privilege to have him, in fact, so I disagree there, BB.

I occasionally have a peek, and get a feeling it's still suffocating and oppressive.

Nutters will be everywhere and mature people can simply ignore them, no need for any mod policing in my opinion.

Problem in v2 have always been ultra sensitive Nadal fans who go and cry to Administrators also probably Nadal fans Laugh

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Sun May 31, 2015 12:57 am

bogbrush wrote:Just regarding 606v2 mods, I can't speak highly enough of laverfan and Julius is a good guy.

I've been right in the front line recently, mainly due to a couple of right nutters there! Legendkiller too.
LF and Julius are friendly....but tennis wise not much to learn from.....and this is what ultimately interests me.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by bogbrush on Sun May 31, 2015 1:29 pm

What NITB says is right, you speak about Nadal at your peril, and 90% of what gets said on here is banning material there.

Case in point; they're freaking out over the any threat of Nadal being sped up, and a suggestion it could harm his game is hysteria material.

bogbrush

Posts : 502
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Tenez on Sun May 31, 2015 1:37 pm

bogbrush wrote:What NITB says is right, you speak about Nadal at your peril, and 90% of what gets said on here is banning material there.

Case in point; they're freaking out over the any threat of Nadal being sped up, and a suggestion it could harm his game is hysteria material.
lol.

Fits very well the definition of a "fan" actually.

On the other hand those fanatic posters are passionate and are always keen for a discussion which makes v2 more lively than here. So as usual it's give and take. Sometimes I wish we had more players fans here.....but yes it will probably require more moderating.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by ... on Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:What NITB says is right, you speak about Nadal at your peril, and 90% of what gets said on here is banning material there.

Case in point; they're freaking out over the any threat of Nadal being sped up, and a suggestion it could harm his game is hysteria material.
lol.

Fits very well the definition of a "fan" actually.

On the other hand those fanatic posters are passionate and are always keen for a discussion which makes v2 more lively than here. So as usual it's give and take. Sometimes I wish we had more players fans here.....but yes it will probably require more moderating.

Well, we all existed quite happily on the old BBC606...wums, trolls, fans, the "knowledgeable" ones...there was room for everyone there.

We even had a good thread/debate on doping all the way back THEN!!!

V2 does have some kind of Nadal protectorate, like he's endangered species or stg Winking

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal and Carlos Bernardes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum