Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw)

+4
truffin1
Autumnleaf
Tenez
noleisthebest
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 Empty Re: Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw)

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:05 pm

summerblues wrote:QF is only 8 matches - 4 men, 4 ladies.

I checked RG website - they will play them Tue/Wed and each day will have one men's and one ladies' match on each of the two main courts.

So, I say either Rafa/Nole play on Wed, in which case Langlen will have Murray vs Ferrer or Fed plays on Wed in which case Langlen will have Berdych vs Nishi.  Or so I guess.

My only hope now is miserable weather and mumbo-jumbo scheduling, then....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 Empty Re: Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw)

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm

summerblues wrote:Nishi still has it relatively easy - no Nole, no Rafa, no Andy.

Those three have probably been the best three clay courters this season.  Top half is brutal.  Bottom half serene and cozy.  And I like it that way.

I agree.

The physical trio should slug it out among each other and face a shot maker in the final.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri May 22, 2015 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri May 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Miserable weather is good. Rafa likes sunshine.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:10 pm

First time I went (2013) it was miserable.
Last year it was baking.
Hopefully the pattern continues Big Grin

I love the rain!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri May 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Good draw on paper for Fed. He would only need to beat Nadal, Djokovic or Murray for the title. Potentially.

Nadal vs Djokovic in QF1. Interesting.
Nishikori is Fed's most potent opponent in his half. Wawrinka can be but vulnerable and can fall off any time to anyone. 

All in all a dream draw for Fed if he can take advantage of it. But the past suggest, he has blown off many such chances for a slam win or even a final. Eg.RG 2013, USopen 2014

So let's see.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Well, he ain't going to get many more chances....he's been playing great this year, does not suffer rom nerves, and knowing he had Nole/Nadal/Murray in the other half will give him wings.
He'll have a day of rest between matches, and that's the key right now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 pm

In short, Nole as world number one as usual has the worst draw.
Enough said.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri May 22, 2015 12:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:In short, Nole as world number one as usual has the worst draw.
Enough said.

Djokoivc has has his own array of easy draws too. They are for all in a long span of time. Just from memory I say say about his AO 2015 and AO 13, draws were easy as hell. 

Its also important how the draw turns out to be, just not how it looks initially.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Does Nadal drop out of top 10 if he loses in QF?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 12:42 pm

noleisthebest wrote:He, he, Nole Nadal and Murray all in the same half.

Great draw for Fed.

Hats off to the Frenchies who have really delivered this time! Bubbly love
Told you. The FO is the slam which was never part of that FedNole fixing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 12:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:In short, Nole as world number one as usual has the worst draw.
Enough said.
To be fair he has had very easy ones too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:He, he, Nole Nadal and Murray all in the same half.

Great draw for Fed.

Hats off to the Frenchies who have really delivered this time! Bubbly love
Told you. The FO is the slam which was never part of that FedNole fixing.
It's good to know that, isn't it?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Tenez wrote:
Enough said.
To be fair he has had very easy ones too.
I don't remember many, esp compared to Nadal.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 1:05 pm

I think last year FO was pretty easy for Nole. Wimbledon was cake walk too...and the USO was easy too...as Nishi was far from being a threat then.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Is the draw available somewhere?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Fri May 22, 2015 2:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Does Nadal drop out of top 10 if he loses in QF?
Yes, just. He is at 4570 at the moment so a loss in the QF would mean he's at around 2930, which by the current standings would make him 11th.

Edit: it would make him 10th not 11th.

Last edited by Polly 81 on Fri May 22, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Just seen teh full draw. Fed's draw is certainly looking better.......except for Monfils who we know he has trouble shaking off. And if he does....he usually loses a few feathers on the way.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Polly 81 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Does Nadal drop out of top 10 if he loses in QF?
Yes, just. He is at 4570 at the moment so a loss in the QF would mean he's at around 2930, which by the current standings would make him 11th.

Edit: it would make him 10th not 11th.
Problem with being 10th as being 6th and not in the top 4 is that the draws become harder.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Indeed.

Looking at it closer, he'd need to win to maintain his current ranking. Even if he's the runner up, the highest possible ranking is 9th.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Polly 81 wrote:Indeed.

Looking at it closer, he'd need to win to maintain his current ranking. Even if he's the runner up, the highest possible ranking is 9th.

That's brilliant!
However, I think Nadal will win it again if he makes it to the final.
Only Nole can stop him in Paris.

So I really hope that happens in QF. Enough is enough.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Tenez wrote:Just seen teh full draw. Fed's draw is certainly looking better.......except for Monfils who we know he has trouble shaking off. And if he does....he usually loses a few feathers on the way.

Monfils has a few good players to go through before he reaches Fed, so not a guarantee.
I don't mind him beating Fed but I hate it that he always losr in the next round!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 4:12 pm

I must say, after the draw, RG is looking so exciting!

I have already dusted off my RG souvenir  coffee and had my first 2015 coffee in it !

Viva tennis!  diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri May 22, 2015 4:30 pm

The where and when of Djoko and Nadal doesn't matter a whole lot.  It's prob better for Djoko to catch Nadal earlier, but if Nadal beats Djokovic- that means he's back to form and would be full of confidence.  If Nadal beats Djokovic, he wins the tournament IMO-  so doesn't matter if they face each other in their same half  or if they were on opposite sides.

Whoever emerges from the Fed side will be a huge underdog against either Djoko or Nadal.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 5:34 pm

I think we can't complain about the draw at all, it's perfect!

Whoever makes it to the final from the top half will be exhausted in the final and make it a fair contest.

I would love Nole or Fed to win, but genuinely, anyone but Nadal and I am happy.

It's a new draw, it's a new day and I'm feeeeelin' good! musicalnote smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 5:45 pm

truffin1 wrote:The where and when of Djoko and Nadal doesn't matter a whole lot.  It's prob better for Djoko to catch Nadal earlier, but if Nadal beats Djokovic- that means he's back to form and would be full of confidence.  If Nadal beats Djokovic, he wins the tournament IMO-  so doesn't matter if they face each other in their same half  or if they were on opposite sides.

Whoever emerges from the Fed side will be a huge underdog against either Djoko or Nadal.
Depends...going through Nadal and Murray or Djoko and Murray in the QF and SF is not guaranteed of anything in the final. In fact Nishi coudl be a horrible opponent for a slightly tired player.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri May 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Uh oh- this is not good.  Lots of good insight from Fed, but takeaway is the courts/balls are slow,slow,slow... and he thinks Nadal will benefit.   I'm not sure why Fed is so reverential to Nadal now...   It's almost like he's building Nadal up to be an unbeatable superman here to help Fed subconsciously understand his lack of success against Nadal at RG.  

" Here now I think all the players, not just myself, have to do a major adjustment to different playing conditions. I know it sounds a bit silly, but the conditions are totally different from what we have seen the last few weeks, because the balls are very dead, really. There is not much coming out of the balls; whereas all of the clay court season played very different. So that's why for me, of course the results what you have had in the past play somewhat of a role that can give you confidence. But at the end, I think we will see quite different tennis actually to the last six weeks, which I think is going to be a test for all of us and interesting. That's why I think the first round is actually quite important here. But Stefan, to have him around is always great and he gives me good input.

Q. Given that the conditions are perhaps a little bit slow, the courts could be quite slow, how would you assess your own chances here of success?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I will take it a match at a time, you know. I feel like I have had a great last 12 months. I have had a good beginning of the season, really. I'm happy with my level of play, and that's where my focus lies, you know. I know there is a lot of good players out there that want to win the tournament that can win the tournament. Others that are dangerous on the day. Every draw is the same thing. Like I said, I just gotta make sure I adjust my game according to the playing conditions here, and then we will see how far it takes me. I think there is a chance to go very deep. How deep remains to be seen depending on the level of play.

Q. Talking specifically about the playing conditions here, how do you draw compared to your clay form from this season for any player compared to, say, years past for a particular tournament?
ROGER FEDERER: My own game now?

Q. Yeah, just your approach in the sense of do you more draw from how you're currently playing or you're looking back from your past results in Paris and how that's played out in your career.
ROGER FEDERER: What do I look at? I think I look at this clay court season more than anything. Last year it's already hard to remember exactly how everything went. I remember I played great in Monaco; I had some okay moments here. You know, it was sort of short lived. Obviously I remember also the birth of my boys, you know. That was the most significant thing that happened by far, hands down, last year during the clay court season. So, yeah, then I look back at 2009, winning that, as a motivation and something I love about coming back to Paris for. The atmosphere, the crowds, all that, the support I received back then, how nice it's been ever since, you know. I feel like how happy the Parisian crowd is, how happy I am to be back. It's like, Here we meet again. So that's kind of how I feel. And then of course all those finals I made before the win in '09, great years for me as well here in Paris. Just coming up a bit short against Rafa, you know, but many players -- well, it happened to many players throughout that period, you know. I was good enough to make the finals on many occasions, so I feel like I know that I have done well here in previous years. I hope that that can help me a little bit, but I know that's the past and that we need to focus on what's happening right now. That's where I see that actually I'm playing good tennis, and if I do string it all together, it could also be a successful tournament.

Q. How would you describe the clay here? What makes it special compared to others?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, they all play a bit different depending on, you know, the sort of sand you use or what the base of the sand is and how it reacts to, let's say, rain and wind and humid weather and dry weather, you know. This one keeps adjusting like all the surfaces, as well. I find here probably sand is the most fine in terms of the grain with Rome. So it feels a bit different to then the clay we have, let's say, in Switzerland. Monaco feels similar to what we have in Switzerland more or less it seems like. It's a nice court. Obviously they put in a lot of effort. You can feel it. It's a nice court to play on. Yeah. As you would expect, it's a good court.

THE MODERATOR: Questions in French.

Q. You saw the draws. Nadal, Murray, are not in your side. What is your reaction? Nadal will be playing Djokovic if everything goes well in quarterfinals.
ROGER FEDERER: Yes. Well, they are not on my side of the draw, but they are, because at the end of the day I think we are all playing the same tournament. Whether it's in semis or in the finals, if you lose, you lose at one point or another. So my objective is to not lose. You know, I may not play these players right away, but I may have to play them later. It will be interesting to see Rafa play Novak. There is no big difference. Rafa is ranked between 5 and 8, so I knew that I could play him in quarterfinals or semifinals. But it makes no difference. He's very difficult to beat unless you can prove me the contrary. Except for Soderling. I don't really know who else can do it. I'm waiting to see. We will see how things go. As I was just saying in English, I think the playing conditions here are very, very different, so I think we have to adjust. Making the right adjustments will be really important. Then of course it's important to stay focused. Again, the draws, I think they are interesting for the media. They may be important for certain players. But once again, at the end of the day, I take it as news. It's just news, but here I am focused again on what I have to do. It's interesting to, you know, keep an eye on the draws, of course. It's not something that I monitor very closely.

Q. Nadal and Djokovic are receiving most of the attention. You were used to getting a lot of attention. Is it nice in a sense to be less in the spotlight compared to before?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, it makes no big difference. I prepare for the tournament. I train. I have to talk to the press. So 99% remains the same. It really depends on where you put the focus, you know. Novak gets a lot of attention. He's trying to win Roland Garros for the first time. He's been playing very, very, well. He could have lost 20 years in a row and still win once. He's just been incredibly successful, and I think he really deserves the attention. Rafa, what can I say? He's an incredible player. Rafa, it took everything for him. You know, it took me eight years. Took him nine years, you know, nine victories. It's normal that he should get so much attention.

Q. I am from Iraq. What do you think about Roland Garros this year compared to last year? Do you think you can make it to the semifinals or finals?
ROGER FEDERER: Last year there was a real momentum for me. I was playing better and better. The beginning of the season was very good for me last year. My preparation for Roland Garros last year was very good. I trained a lot in Switzerland; no more back pain. I did very well in Monaco, as well. I really had the impression that when I arrived here at Roland Garros I really tried to pay attention to each of my balls instead of just unleashing. I tried to stay focused. It was a good experience. And then I decided to play more aggressively, hit the balls. I got used to my new racquets. And my team also with Edberg, having Edberg was very helpful, and then Wimbledon and all the rest. So it has been a very good year. Now, this year things are going even better, which is not a surprise for me. 2013 cost me a lot of energy. Things were not easy. But I think we now have a good momentum; 2014 and 2015 have been good. I feel much better, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to results. You know, I'm taking things game by game, and of course it depends on my opponents as well and how they play. We will see. I have good sensations and we will see. We will see how it translates on the court.

Q. Listen to you. You don't really think Rafa is less good compared to previous years? Last year we had similar questions. Do you think the situation this year for him is the same? The tournament is now starting. You also mentioned the clay being very different. Yes, the balls are different. Why do you think that this could serve him more than other tournaments do?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I think that when it's a little slower it's better for him. That way he is even less impressed by big servers. Same thing is true of me. Typically we play more on the baseline. He's a baseline player. That's where he's just really strong both physically, and mentally he knows how to find the right angles, the speed. With five sets he has even more leeway and margin and the confidence that no one else has here at Roland Garros. I think the players are fully aware of this. I think that's why, you know, this is really serving Rafa. But of course every single time he's back he has to prove it again. His record is very incredible.
FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 8:57 pm

A good and insightful interview, as usual.
Especially regarding the balls - as Tenez has been pointing out for a while...they really make the difference!

All I can say let's hope others can adjust to them well...

I feel Fed is playing with more fluency and confidence this than last RG, his shots have all got smoother: BH rock solid compare to last year when he was still building confidence with the new racquet esp on the FH.

Now it looks it's all finally there. His tennis in Rome final was pretty good.

I noticed he is beginning to whip his FH after such a long time and that's the first time he's done it with the new racquet...that's the old Fed, the one that was able to play fast and send others running headless.

The difference is now everyone else is hitting the ball hard so the effect is less noticable, esp on clay, but come Wimbledon he will be the one to watch!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri May 22, 2015 9:07 pm

It must disgust the players to play with similar balls all clay season, then come to RG where the balls that are made by one of Nadals sponsors are completely different and play to his strengths.

I think Fed is accurate and trying to warn us that it will make a huge difference for Nadals chances.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Fed sums it up! ". Now, this year things are going even better, which is not a surprise for me. 2013 cost me a lot of energy. Things were not easy. But I think we now have a good momentum; 2014 and 2015 have been good. I feel much better, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to results. You know, I'm taking things game by game, and of course it depends on my opponents as well and how they play. We will see. I have good sensations and we will see. We will see how it translates on the court." Something fans don't want to see. For a typical fan....it's all down to their players.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 9:20 pm

I found another part of the interview where Fed talks about potential Nole-Baldal QF:

"The rankings reflect what happened the last 12 months. Of course if Rafa wouldn't have been injured, from Wimbledon last year or French Open last year—I don't remember when he played his last, but—you know, he would be very close to the Top 4. If not in the Top 4, maybe No. 1 or 2 in the world. Who knows? So from that standpoint I see the argument [about adjusting Nadal’s seeding], but at the same time I think it was going to be worse for somebody else other than Rafa. I don't think it was going to be bad for Rafa because he's looking at defending his title whoever he has to play through.

It's going to affect Novak more in my opinion in that regard than Rafa really."

Interesting.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 9:32 pm

truffin1 wrote:It must disgust the players to play with similar balls all clay season, then come to RG where the balls that are made by one of Nadals sponsors are completely different and play to his strengths.

I think Fed is accurate and trying to warn us that it will make a huge difference for Nadals chances.

yes again you would have read here for the last 4 weeks how the Babolat balls are so slow compared to the dunlop fort. It is indeed Nadal who complained of the 2011 FO balls (who were made based on the Dunlop forte then but with harder rubber even making them faster). Babolat then understood clearly what Nadal wanted and since then have tailored the balls for him. I don't think the TDs were much aware of how Babolat was messing with the conds.

But we certainly have a slam designed for Nadal's big muscles.

Having said that Nadal needs to have the fitness to extend those rallies with only 25s to spare....and there I am still unsure he can.

Imagine if fed could have picked his balls for Wimbledon. He would have never lost there, and Nadal would have never won there. The babolat are roughly as bad as the Slazenger....however the grass helps fed a bit. But if they were playing Wimbledon with the DUnlop fort, Karlo and Isner would be serious contender to the title.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Youtube video of today's draw ceremony.
Nadal's reaction at about 6 min 20 Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri May 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Indeed this is one of Roj best draws ever. But it's too late, winning RG is a brigde too far.
From Djoko's point of view (or his fans) it's quite ideal he'll meet Nadal early. The further Nadal goes, the stronger he gets mentally. He'll be full of doubts when he meets Djoko in the quarters.
I guess it's the only classic match we're possibly get to see, the winner of that match will be cruising to the trophy.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 22, 2015 10:19 pm

gallery play wrote:Indeed this is one of Roj best draws ever. But it's too late, winning RG is a brigde too far.
From Djoko's point of view (or his fans) it's quite ideal he'll meet Nadal early. The further Nadal goes, the stronger he gets mentally. He'll be full of doubts when he meets Djoko in the quarters.
I guess it's the only classic match we're possibly get to see, the winner of that match will be cruising to the trophy.
You are a kill joy GP! Angry

I know Fed has no hope for the French and it is too late...But I need to BELIEVE he can still do it.....otherwise I would not be watching the French! I am hoping Nadal and Djoko, Murray and Ferrer will all kill each others for Fed or someone else to win. Good Luck

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat May 23, 2015 9:12 am

i'm sorry T..sometimes it's better not to believe in something Winking

I would happy if Murray makes the final out of that half. That's not what i believe but at least there's an outside chance. Just as there's an outside chance that Federer will make the final. That sounds a bit harsh but it really isn't. Federer is vulnerable in Bo5.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 23, 2015 4:40 pm

gallery play wrote:i'm sorry T..sometimes it's better not to believe in something Winking

I would happy if Murray makes the final out of that half. That's not what i believe but at least there's an outside chance. Just as there's an outside chance that Federer will make the final. That sounds a bit harsh but it really isn't. Federer is vulnerable in Bo5.
Agree...though more than a Bo5, it's the succession of Bo5 which is killing him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Order of play out for tomorrow, Fed, Nishi, Stan in action!

draw - Roland Garros 2015 (The Draw) - Page 2 P_schedule6

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Watching Rome final as I didn't see the first set (just the end of it)

I rarely rewatch matches but when I do I find they never look as good in cold daylight as they do live.

It was over so quickly, just a handful of proper points.

Fed must volley as much as possible.

What looked a close one last week now appears to be a very comfortable match for Nole.

He really is in great shape and form.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 24, 2015 1:25 am

Agree, it was not all that close.  Still, I thought Fed played quite well.  Also agree he needs to try to shorten the points as much as possible.  However, I am not sure he can successfully do it against Nole at RG.

That match, together with Rafa's poor performance, now made me believe that Nole is the #1 favorite for RG.  Up to then, I was still thinking Rafa was more likely of the two to win.

But even now, I think it is pretty close between Rafa and Nole.  I expect Rafa will be better at RG than he was the rest of the clay court season.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 24, 2015 1:27 am

noleisthebest wrote:Order of play out for tomorrow, Fed, Nishi, Stan in action!

So it looks like the bottom half is playing first, which I suppose means that the bottom half will play QF on Tuesday and top half on Wednesday.  So not only did Roger get a great draw, he is also getting good scheduling.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun May 24, 2015 4:11 am

summerblues wrote:

So it looks like the bottom half is playing first, which I suppose means that the bottom half will play QF on Tuesday and top half on Wednesday.  So not only did Roger get a great draw, he is also getting good scheduling.

Well then, stars are lining up for him. Who know what can happen in tennis.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 24, 2015 9:40 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
summerblues wrote:

Well then, stars are lining up for him. Who know what can happen in tennis.
Except that Fed's main weakness is a less powerful BH....and with those balls....frankly he is doomed. It would have been tough with Dunlop forte....but with Babolats....impossible.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Tenez wrote:Except that Fed's main weakness is a less powerful BH...
Exactly. That is what has been hurting him immensely for many years. His BH is versatile, but that does not pay as much in current conditions as having a steady, solid, but more powerful BH.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 24, 2015 6:10 pm

I went back to playing with Prostaff today...and understood Fed's pain....

That is such a brilliant, technical racquet and Fed's finery & genius are completely wasted  and drowned in this dull, slow physical era.

It's a crime! Wah brokenheart

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I went back to playing with Prostaff today...and understood Fed's pain....

That is such a brilliant, technical racquet and Fed's finery & genius are completely wasted  and drowned in this dull, slow physical era.

It's a crime! Wah brokenheart
yes , it's not much different than a wooden racquet.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2