Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer Nadal's best match?

3 posters

Go down

nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? Empty Federer Nadal's best match?

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:46 pm

...on slow court...of course.

It's only 4 sets but the level is much better than AO09. Nadal is juiced to the gills and the court is very slow but it is a very close match. Federer had ridiculed Nadal 3 and 0 in London a few weeks before but Nadal was cycling down then, far from the form which allowed him to play a 6 hour match v Nole a few days later in that AO12 final.

It's cruel for Fed to be faced with players able to generate so much power as Nadal.on such slow conditions. Fed would have won that one in 3 sets on faster conditions.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

nadal - Federer Nadal's best match? Empty Re: Federer Nadal's best match?

Post by N2D2L Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:47 am

I notice that the structure of tennis is so much better than boxing; Mayweather Pacquiao never fought for so many years... but in tennis we get to see two of the greatest up against each other so many times.

This was an amazing performance form both players, putting aside your slightly boring tedious repeated excuses for Federer (btw Federer played an an amazing game when Rafa was serving for the match and had break back point...so he wasn't exactly exhausted at the end), however I don't think this was the best Fedal match- 2006 Rome, 2008 Wimby, 2009 AO just edge this one out.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:48 am

Btw Tenez, honest question, and don't take it in the wrong way; but do you sometimes watch matches where Nadal beats Federer to rile yourself up ?
Like create a cycle when you're angry, but then you come up with a flood of excuses (some new, some old) to make yourself more calm ? (or colm as Rafa would say Winking )

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 am

Kim Jong-Un wrote:I notice that the structure of tennis is so much better than boxing; Mayweather Pacquiao never fought for so many years... but in tennis we get to see two of the greatest up against each other so many times.

This was an amazing performance form both players, putting aside your slightly boring tedious repeated excuses for Federer (btw Federer played an an amazing game when Rafa was serving for the match and had break back point...so he wasn't exactly exhausted at the end), however I don't think this was the best Fedal match- 2006 Rome, 2008 Wimby, 2009 AO just edge this one out.
So the best matches are always those with Nadal winning.....cause Nadal winning means he is 100% while if he loses he is not.

Wimby 08 is certainly not up there for me in quality...apart from the last 3 sets....Fed played very poorly in the first 2...and badly due to lack of light in the end of 5th.

But regardless, in terms of pure shot making AO12 is much better than any of the match you mentioned. And once again, the pace of the shots is better. I have not checked but my appreciation of it is unlikely to deceit me.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:16 am

Tenez wrote:
It's cruel for Fed to be faced with players able to generate so much power as Nadal.on such slow conditions. Fed would have won that one in 3 sets on faster conditions.

I could write a book about Federer-Nadal matches, though I only saw one of them from start to finish (live inO2, fortunately Fed won, so it was not the usual agony).

Cruel is certainly one of the words to describe what goes on between them...

As I am sure you know well I don't watch Fedal matches and fail to see the fascination with them.
To me, one needs to have a strong masochistic streak to be able to endure the darkness and violence.

Tennis wise, they are quite monitonous and uncreative, mainly thanks to Nadal's shameless 1d tactics.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 am

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Btw Tenez, honest question, and don't take it in the wrong way; but do you sometimes watch matches where Nadal beats Federer to rile yourself up ?
Like create a cycle when you're angry, but then you come up with a flood of excuses (some new, some old) to make yourself more calm ? (or colm as Rafa would say Winking )

No. Unlike you I am only interested in watching great tennis. I only bumped into AO12 cause it was on my youtube home page. I was not sure of the score, so I watched it....and realised how well Fed was playing and obviously how "fit" was Nadal....compared to WTF 11 a few weeks before.

I don't mind Federer being beaten by a super fit Nadal. Well it is a bit annoying but that's life, I have accepted that a long time ago. Federer despite losing showed how close he was to beat someone abnormally fit playing on a surface that once again favoured the lung busting players cause the one who won it was able to outlast your man. That's all it comes down to nowadays.

It's funny you mentioned excuses, how do you explain your man being bagelled by Federer in London a few weeks before?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:21 am

noleisthebest wrote:Tennis wise, they are quite monitonous and uncreative, mainly thanks to Nadal's shameless 1d tactics.

Well actually Fed has to pull amazing shots one after the other to stay with Nadal while I agree nadal is certainly not creative, deadly boring...but that shows how great Federer is.

The outcome is simply the result of the tennis federation and TDs being keen to have a match. Without them it would not be close.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down