Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ?

+2
Veejay
N2D2L
6 posters

Go down

Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? Empty Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ?

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:11 am

Obviously as a Nadal fan I am annoyed that he lost the match; but happy with his tournament on the whole. As I said on match thread, the only positive for me today is that he loses to my second favourite player, which happens rarely.
So... what can Berdych do from here then ?

Will he muck up again ? I really want him to reach the final, I'd be elated if he won it, he's 2 matches away... but he's been in this position so many times before and not had the mental strength.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? Empty Re: Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ?

Post by Veejay Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 am

sorry el toro...Big Grin
sorry amrit ... Big Grin
let me taste those tears Big Grin

oh those tears taste sour and bitter....Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ? Empty Re: Can Berdych finally go on to do something special ?

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 am

No. Is the simple answer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:17 am

Berd's already done something special, he's beaten Nadal after 17 straight losses.
Def going to be on Fed's Christmas list next year Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Tenez wrote:No. Is the simple answer.
Unfortunately I think you may be right, but his record against Murray is a good one in terms of H2H.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Berd's already done something special, he's beaten Nadal after 17 straight losses.
I'm not sure if you watched the match NITB, but even as a Berdych fan I don't think Berdych played special- he was clinical in taking advantage of Nadal's poor play in the first 2 sets- and held his nerve well in the third; but it wasn't special.
What would be special is if he can finally break his slam duck, or even get to a Grand Slam final for the first time in nearly 5 years.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Berd's already done something special, he's beaten Nadal after 17 straight losses.
I'm not sure if you watched the match NITB, but even as a Berdych fan I don't think Berdych played special- he was clinical in taking advantage of Nadal's poor play in the first 2 sets- and held his nerve well in the third; but it wasn't special.
What would be special is if he can finally break his slam duck, or even get to a Grand Slam final for the first time in nearly 5 years.

You're right, even Nole said you don't have to play anything special to beat Nadal, all the way back in 2006 Cool

I watched the second half of the third set, Berd did a good job of holding his nerve in the end.
That IS special for him, not being able to do it 17 times in a row before that.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Btw, I LOVE that Youtube clip.
There is only one Nole love ...everyone else just sucks up to Nadal!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:56 pm

What do you like about Berdych Amri?  As a player and personality?

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 pm

truffin1 wrote:What do you like about Berdych Amri?  As a player and personality?
This is a thread from me two years ago (check question 2 and 3):
https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t471-quiz-on-my-tennis-preferences

I really like Berdych's forehand, he can generate so much pace of it, I just love the way he almost cracks the ball on that wing. It's been quite annoying following him though so far in his career, because I feel despite having such a complete game he doesn't have the 'x factor' which the slam champions have; and in the big moments he can't raise his game another gear like Nadal/Fed/Djoko normally can.

In terms of personality, at first I thought he was a bit dry, but he does come across as light hearted and a genuinely nice guy on twitter.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
truffin1 wrote:What do you like about Berdych Amri?  As a player and personality?

I really like Berdych's forehand, he can generate so much pace of it, I just love the way he almost cracks the ball on that wing. It's been quite annoying following him though so far in his career, because I feel despite having such a complete game he doesn't have the 'x factor' which the slam champions have; and in the big moments he can't raise his game another gear like Nadal/Fed/Djoko normally can.

In terms of personality, at first I thought he was a bit dry, but he does come across as light hearted and a genuinely nice guy on twitter.

Something for you, then...
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015/01/17-things-tomas-berdych-did-between-his-wins-over-rafael-nadal/53834/#.VMe0O2IgGSN

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:

Something for you, then...
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015/01/17-things-tomas-berdych-did-between-his-wins-over-rafael-nadal/53834/#.VMe0O2IgGSN
I liked his 'Nadal's new phone number' line on twitter after Nadal won the French Open in 2013.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 pm

That was actually really cheap & cheesy..unless he can do another tweet:

Nadal has new number again! -  62 60 67

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:49 pm

just further proof that el toro dopes,i have said this many times before
when he cycles down,he cant even take a set off a top 10 player
here he gets baggled by a player he would beat in straight sets when he is juiced up

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:That was actually really cheap & cheesy..unless he can do another tweet:

Berdych is far too polite to tweet that Winking

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 pm

One thing is for sure - Berdych ain't beating Djokovic. If he'll be up against him, he'll be counting his games, not his sets. He'll also be in trouble vs. Nishikori, Wawrinka and Raonic to a lesser extent. I'd give him a good chance vs. Murray, so final is definitely possible.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:That was actually really cheap & cheesy..unless he can do another tweet:

Berdych is far too polite to tweet that Winking
Isn't it also impolite to tweet it the first time? Only this time to Nadal's opponent? I'm sure the opponent didn't think it's very funny either.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down