Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo?

4 posters

Go down

Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? Empty Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo?

Post by truffin1 Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Don't really see how this new format will take hold and replace anything.   Here in the USA- our USTA league matches are two regular sets- 7 point tiebreak for each set, and a 10 point tiebreak to decide match if sets are split.  Pretty straightforward and takes about an hour per match which is what these promotors are trying to push 

This format had no Ads, played lets, and went to 4 a set with a 5 point tiebreak.  Seems pointless to me..    avg of 18 minutes a set is what they are promoting.

I think it just an excuse to hold a sold out Exo with Fed/Hewitt., and later in the weeks a second EXO with Nadal/Verdasco

Fed and Hewitt actually played the exo pretty intensely at times.  Went all "5" sets with Fed winning in the end.  The points and length of time equaled a long 3 set match. I am surprised Fed would put his body through that a day after winnign Brisbane and a few days before AO, but guess he feels he's holding up well.  Hewitt is all grit and fight- even in an expo.  Fed was laser sharp early, then seemed to spray some shots and then came back into focus in the end.

Annacone was calling the match for Tennis Channel and was full of his usual praise for Fed as a player and person. The one interesting nugget I heard was Annacone said after the 2012 success-  he and Fed sat down and plotted a plan to transition to the more forward game we say in 2014 under Edberg.   As Annacone told it-  Fed saw and was open to the idea of starting a new final phase to his career.  If you remember Federer was saying at the beginning of 2013 it would be a transition year with more practice and less tournies (same thing he's saying this year)   Annacone said the back problem flared up early, got a little better and then gave out big time during the IW swing and ruined all the plans.   He said they were never able to bring the plan into fruition but that "Edberg really took Roger to where he and I always planned to go"

I think the difference I have gathered was that Annacone wanted Fed to go at it with same racquet while Fed was ready for the switch and this potentially led to them splitting up.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? Empty Re: Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo?

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Well...seems that Annacone can't get over the sack.

Wasn't he the one opposing Fed's increase of racquet size?
And didn't exactly that change bring all results in 2014...more stability on both the BH and FH and with it the confidence to move forward.

Byw, didn't see that exo, only a short clip of the two playing on speedboats..

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo? Empty Re: Fast 4 Tennis.. Anyone see the Fed/Hewitt expo?

Post by truffin1 Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

I think that's the thing-  Annacone says it was all in the plans all along, but without the racquet change which was Federers idea.    Apparently the two couldn't agree on it and parted ways- apparently on great terms though. . Annacone could not be more "loving" towards Federer in his descriptions of his talent and character.  Even talked about how he has had conversations with Fed's parents and that they are more proud of the "way Roger has handled the winning" as opposed to the actual success.    Annanoce gives lots of credit to Luthi as well. Says he's underappreiciated outside of the inner tennis community- knows his tennis left and right and "more importantly, knows Roger inside and out" 

It's clear the racquet has stabilized Federer on both wings and allowed him to regain some of his serve ability - both pace and placement- that has been lost with the stiffening and less arch of the back that is apparent the past few years in his serve motion.  

btw-  Annacone says Federer can play for 5 more years "easy" -  never seen a guy who loves the game and tour as much as Fed.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 am

Good to hear. Had I been Fed's coach he would have changed that racquet in 2007! ...and woudl have won 10 more slams.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:50 am

Tenez wrote:Good to hear. Had I been Fed's coach he would have changed that racquet in 2007! ...and woudl have won 10 more slams.
Yep.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down