Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.

3 posters

Go down

tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  Empty 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:40 pm

I'll start:

Federer to drop to 4th by end of year as back aggravates OR back to number 1 if his back holds on. I know I am cheating a bit here but frankly hard to see how is back is going to fare.

Nadal to drop below 5th after the AO, below 8 after the clay season.

Nishi in top 3 by end of AO.

Murray back to top 4 by end of July

Berdych out of top 10 by year end.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  Empty Re: 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Djoko year end #1 -
Nishi in top 3
Fed in 3 or 4, but only because he fulfills his stated goal to cut some tournies out and play a reduced schedule. He will easily be top 3 level in the tournaments he's in barring injury of course.
I'll go with Murray as the other top 4
Nadal #5
Dimi #6

truffin1

Back to top Go down

tennis - 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.  Empty Re: 2015 Predictions. Time to put your tennis science to the fire.

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Federer to win Wimbledon.

2 new slam winners in 2015, like in 2014!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:12 pm

I think Fed is in with a good shot at the AO too.   Will depend on conditions as Djoko can thrive there.

poor stan- I forgot about him...  I think I'll put him at 6 or 7 with Dimi. He's going to take a big hit in pts at the AO I believe.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:27 pm

I'd say Stan is garanteed out of the top 10 after the AO. I can't seem him reach the final, let alone winning it again. In fact I expect an early exit due to pressure.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:58 pm

I think quarters is prob a good result for him at AO which will drop him out of Top 10, but he'll have decent set up points to build on and has a 1st round loss at the French that he should surely be able to gain points there..  I think he can end up back in that 6-7 range.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 pm

I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a really interesting year...
Nole to win RG (beating Nadal en route) and play Fed in Wimbledon final again.
Fed to win USO.

Nishi to play AO final.

Murray...no idea!
Top 10 I suppose...

Nishi to win a 1000 masters on clay.

Stan to keep doing well, top 8, maybe have a good run n RG.

Gulbis...to remain our favourite rascal!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Tenez wrote:I'll start:

Federer to drop to 4th by end of year as back aggravates OR back to number 1 if his back holds on. I know I am cheating a bit here but frankly hard to see how is back is going to fare.

Nadal to drop below 5th after the AO, below 8 after the clay season.

Nishi in top 3 by end of AO.

Murray back to top 4 by end of July

Berdych out of top 10 by year end.

That certainly looked on the card!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:35 pm

I saw this on AO website:

FEARLESS '15 PREDICTIONS

"1. Federer will fall from No.2 but rise for Wimbledon No.8
With a tour-leading 73 match wins last season, Roger Federer will have a tough time bettering that in 2015. But it is the big ones the Swiss great plays this game for after all, so expect him to rebound from a train-wreck of an Australian Open campaign to break clear of Pete Sampras with an eighth trophy on the turf at the All England Club. It’s a little soon to be cramming his second set of twins courtside to witness that final, so he won’t be hanging up the racquet any time this season.

2. Djokovic will claim his first French Open
This one’s sure to ruffle a few feathers among the Rafanatics, but the Serb will finally land the one slam missing from his collection. As a more accomplished mover and strategist with the red dirt under foot than Sampras was in Paris, he will rightfully pass the American great as a player owning each of the four majors on his mantelpiece.

3. Murray will challenge Djokovic for the top ranking
Having recovered the confidence lacking in 2014 on his sluggish return after back surgery, Murray’s typical brick-wall retrieving, combined with a fresh team beginning to gel, will bring a fresh approach and renewed belief to see him regularly pushing deep at all four majors. Consistent results as opposed to any huge breakthroughs are what will see him better the fluctuating seasons of Rafael Nadal and Federer.

4. Kyrgios will crack the top 25
Already having surged to No.35 in the world after his quarterfinal run at Melbourne Park, the 19-year-old has scant points to defend outside Wimbledon. He won just one tour match outside the slams last year, so it is not unreasonable to expect he will be seeded in time for the Indian Wells-Miami stretch. Improved match conditioning will see him notch more match victories, while he’ll change up the design of those sculpted tracks shaved into his noggin at an increasing rate of once a month. Expect him to be Australia’s highest-ranked player, man or woman, by year’s end.

5. Cilic won’t back up his watershed 2014 moment
The affable Croatian won’t repeat his 2014 US Open with a spate of ongoing injury lay-offs and the added pressure of defending a Grand Slam title proving too much, seeing him drop back out of the top 10.

6. Raonic and Nishikori will remain slamless
If Djokovic, Nadal and Federer remain fit in 2015, the big-serving, lumbering Canadian will not go close to landing a maiden Grand Slam title, having a one from 15 record against these three. Nishikori has already conceded he may be a few years off breaking through, but he will have the best season of the two. Watch him to again fire at Flushing Meadows.

7. Dimitrov will reach first slam final
While Dimitrov too may be some way off cracking the Grand Slam duck, he will follow up his breakthrough at Wimbledon from 2014 by going one better this time around on either the grass or on the hardcourts at Flushing Meadows to contest his first final. His record against the Big Three is almost as bad as Raonic’s – one from 13 – so he will likely have to buck this trend against at least one of them to reach a decider.  

8. Nadal will not win a slam for first time in 11 years
Back, knee, shoulder, foot, wrist and appendix. The injury list mounts. This one is purely dependent on which joint decides to pack it in next for the Spaniard. Granted, if he is even close to fully fit, he will rack up double digits in Roland Garros crowns and inch closer to Federer’s 17-slam record. But having missed or been severely hampered at each of the other three majors at least once in his career, odds are it will eventually happen at his go-to slam.

9. Hewitt will rack up more wildcards than match wins
The stalwart of Australian men’s tennis for the past decade has announced he will hang up the racquet after his Melbourne Park campaign in 2016. It’s a year-long farewell tour, where he will likely skip the claycourt swing to rest those weary feet on the sands of the Bahamas before arriving early on the practice courts at SW19 to scatter a few pigeons in the opening rounds at Wimbledon. The soon-to-be 34-year-old’s ranking will plummet, and match wins away from the grass will be scarce.

10. It will be a torrid return for Del Potro
Another round of wrist surgery is not out of the question for Delpo, so even if that is a success and he plays pain-free again, he will then have the enormous mental burden of wondering whether one of his two suspect wrists will again fail him. There’s as much chance of him switching to a single-handed backhand as there is of Murray cheering for the England football team, and it is likely to be a limited schedule for 2015. Injury-free though, and if the confidence returns, the Tower from Tandil will stifle the hype over Raonic and co and show he is still the player to best shake up the Big Four in the majors."

I wouldn't mind these in the least smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:38 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a really interesting year...
Nole to win RG (beating Nadal en route) and play Fed in Wimbledon final again.
Fed to win USO.

Nishi to play AO final.

Murray...no idea!
Top 10 I suppose...

Nishi to win a 1000 masters on clay.

Stan to keep doing well, top 8, maybe have a good run n RG.

Gulbis...to remain our favourite rascal!

Always funny coming back to these...I remember I had this "feeling" Nishi was going to play Fed in AO final Blush

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:05 pm

yes....tough to predict.

I I said Stan woudl be out of teh top 10 after the AO.....he did so well he is still in it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I saw this on AO website:

FEARLESS '15 PREDICTIONS

"1. Federer will fall from No.2 but rise for Wimbledon No.8
With a tour-leading 73 match wins last season, Roger Federer will have a tough time bettering that in 2015. But it is the big ones the Swiss great plays this game for after all, so expect him to rebound from a train-wreck of an Australian Open campaign to break clear of Pete Sampras with an eighth trophy on the turf at the All England Club. It’s a little soon to be cramming his second set of twins courtside to witness that final, so he won’t be hanging up the racquet any time this season.

2. Djokovic will claim his first French Open
This one’s sure to ruffle a few feathers among the Rafanatics, but the Serb will finally land the one slam missing from his collection. As a more accomplished mover and strategist with the red dirt under foot than Sampras was in Paris, he will rightfully pass the American great as a player owning each of the four majors on his mantelpiece.

3. Murray will challenge Djokovic for the top ranking
Having recovered the confidence lacking in 2014 on his sluggish return after back surgery, Murray’s typical brick-wall retrieving, combined with a fresh team beginning to gel, will bring a fresh approach and renewed belief to see him regularly pushing deep at all four majors. Consistent results as opposed to any huge breakthroughs are what will see him better the fluctuating seasons of Rafael Nadal and Federer.

4. Kyrgios will crack the top 25
Already having surged to No.35 in the world after his quarterfinal run at Melbourne Park, the 19-year-old has scant points to defend outside Wimbledon. He won just one tour match outside the slams last year, so it is not unreasonable to expect he will be seeded in time for the Indian Wells-Miami stretch. Improved match conditioning will see him notch more match victories, while he’ll change up the design of those sculpted tracks shaved into his noggin at an increasing rate of once a month. Expect him to be Australia’s highest-ranked player, man or woman, by year’s end.

5. Cilic won’t back up his watershed 2014 moment
The affable Croatian won’t repeat his 2014 US Open with a spate of ongoing injury lay-offs and the added pressure of defending a Grand Slam title proving too much, seeing him drop back out of the top 10.

6. Raonic and Nishikori will remain slamless
If Djokovic, Nadal and Federer remain fit in 2015, the big-serving, lumbering Canadian will not go close to landing a maiden Grand Slam title, having a one from 15 record against these three. Nishikori has already conceded he may be a few years off breaking through, but he will have the best season of the two. Watch him to again fire at Flushing Meadows.

7. Dimitrov will reach first slam final
While Dimitrov too may be some way off cracking the Grand Slam duck, he will follow up his breakthrough at Wimbledon from 2014 by going one better this time around on either the grass or on the hardcourts at Flushing Meadows to contest his first final. His record against the Big Three is almost as bad as Raonic’s – one from 13 – so he will likely have to buck this trend against at least one of them to reach a decider.  

8. Nadal will not win a slam for first time in 11 years
Back, knee, shoulder, foot, wrist and appendix. The injury list mounts. This one is purely dependent on which joint decides to pack it in next for the Spaniard. Granted, if he is even close to fully fit, he will rack up double digits in Roland Garros crowns and inch closer to Federer’s 17-slam record. But having missed or been severely hampered at each of the other three majors at least once in his career, odds are it will eventually happen at his go-to slam.

9. Hewitt will rack up more wildcards than match wins
The stalwart of Australian men’s tennis for the past decade has announced he will hang up the racquet after his Melbourne Park campaign in 2016. It’s a year-long farewell tour, where he will likely skip the claycourt swing to rest those weary feet on the sands of the Bahamas before arriving early on the practice courts at SW19 to scatter a few pigeons in the opening rounds at Wimbledon. The soon-to-be 34-year-old’s ranking will plummet, and match wins away from the grass will be scarce.

10. It will be a torrid return for Del Potro
Another round of wrist surgery is not out of the question for Delpo, so even if that is a success and he plays pain-free again, he will then have the enormous mental burden of wondering whether one of his two suspect wrists will again fail him. There’s as much chance of him switching to a single-handed backhand as there is of Murray cheering for the England football team, and it is likely to be a limited schedule for 2015. Injury-free though, and if the confidence returns, the Tower from Tandil will stifle the hype over Raonic and co and show he is still the player to best shake up the Big Four in the majors."

I wouldn't mind these in the least smiley

It would be great if Fed won Wimbledon.
I was just thinking of having compared Pouille to him as his modern version...looking so much plainer compared to the vintage model!
Fed's amazing skill set has become obsolete on all surfaces except grass in this physical era.
Hopefully, he'll be healthy.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Even grass....the balls are so big that Nadal and Djoko can win retrieving there.

The day Karlo wins Wimbledon, Wimbledon will be Wimbledon again!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down