Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Rafa's 2015 draws EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Rafa's 2015 draws

+8
naxroy
Slippy
AceofDeath
paulcz
Tenez
noleisthebest
N2D2L
summerblues
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rafa's 2015 draws Empty Rafa's 2015 draws

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:48 am

It is often said here that Rafa gets kind draws.  Then again, people who are most likely to say it tend to be anti-Rafa, so could be biased, and it is easy to claim draws easy after they have been published.  This year I will try to see if we can find indication of easy draws even after eliminating potential for anti-Rafa bias.  To this end, I will keep track of predictions of easy draws that Rafa might get and compare them against actual draws that he will end up getting.  If Rafa's draws are deliberately biased, one would expect it to show here - the number of "kind" draws he will get should be higher than the number that would expect to occur in a fairly drawn draw.

To start, here is our first prediction:

noleisthebest wrote:I expect a kind draw for him in AO (no Nole, Stan & Nishi in his quarter/half).

There is a bit of ambiguity in what exactly this means but I think a reasonable translation is:

(i) Nole not in his half (as Nole cannot be in his quarter no matter what)
(ii) Stan not in his half (as Stan cannot be in his quarter no matter what either)
(iii) Nishi not in his quarter

The above assumes that Stan is seeded in top 4 and Nishi is not.  If that changes before the tourney, I will make appropriate adjustments.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Rafa's 2015 draws Empty Re: Rafa's 2015 draws

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 am

This is the sort of thing I would do smiley

By the waaaay, check the 'Everything else' section, something which may interest you and other people from across the pond.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Better late than never!
From memory, you did have a chart during RG.

I must admit, I have no idea if and how much Nadal is injured, TDs will no doubt try to help him with the draws now more than ever.
Just think of all those millions of FB followers...
On the other hand, fans really love Fed all over the world and his time is running out.
So, from sponsors' and TD' point of view the only way to keep him going is to speed conditions a bit.

I'd be happy for Nadal have easy draws in that case.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:33 am

summerblues wrote:It is often said here that Rafa gets kind draws.  Then again, people who are most likely to say it tend to be anti-Rafa, so could be biased, and it is easy to claim draws easy after they have been published.  This year I will try to see if we can find indication of easy draws even after eliminating potential for anti-Rafa bias.  To this end, I will keep track of predictions of easy draws that Rafa might get and compare them against actual draws that he will end up getting.  If Rafa's draws are deliberately biased, one would expect it to show here - the number of "kind" draws he will get should be higher than the number that would expect to occur in a fairly drawn draw.

To start, here is our first prediction:

I expect a kind draw for him in AO (no Nole, Stan & Nishi in his quarter/half.).

There is a bit of ambiguity in what exactly this means but I think a reasonable translation is:

(i) Nole not in his half (as Nole cannot be in his quarter no matter what)
(ii) Stan not in his half (as Stan cannot be in his quarter no matter what either)
(iii) Nishi not in his quarter

The above assumes that Stan is seeded in top 4 and Nishi is not.  If that changes before the tourney, I will make appropriate adjustments.
He, he...that's 3/3.
Not bad for a conspiracy loonie!  Cool  

I even got the other quarters (bar Raonic) right...but on that one I admit to a bit of wishful thinking Winking

noleisthebest wrote: I'm not 100% sure how they do it either; from memory, there is no automatic draw, not even that number one gets number 4, that was never the case, hence all the  12/12 rigging when Nole was number 3 (and later 2).

Here is 2014 draw:

http://2014.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/ms/msdraw.pdf

So far, Nadal generally had Raonic in slams and I wouldn't be surprised if that remained the case, despite Raonic's recent improvement.
I am pretty sure though we won't see Nishi in his half/quarter.
I reckon Stan will get Nishi, Nole Berd, Fed Murray and Nadal Raonic
Particularly interesting will be the first three rounds. They will be the key for Nadal. Any element of surprise will have to be eliminated, as, unlike other top players he seems to be the most vulnerable in early rounds (bar RG).

Draw is coming out on Friday.

Never thought I'd say it, but predicting draws is more fun now than predicting match winners...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 am

I also predicted Berdych in his draw.

I don't think the seeding is fair actually. I believe in the past things were more set.

It's not normal that number 2 seed gets a higher seed to face in the 1/4F than the number 3.

Seed 12 should face seed 7 and 8 while seed 3 and 4 shoudl have either 6 and 7. That to me gives in theory the chance to define a more accurate ranking over time.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:27 am

noleisthebest wrote:He, he...that's 3/3.
Not bad for a conspiracy loonie!  Cool

Very good start indeed.  I will keep running totals; this is where we are now:

PredictionExpected correctActual correct
AO Nole not in Rafa half0.51
AO Stan not in Rafa half0.51
AO Nishi not in Rafa quarter0.751
Total1.753
Probability of getting all three correct in a truly random draw is about one in five.  If you managed to keep it up, then even assuming you only predicted the four slams, you would get to one in 625.  That would certainly be suggestive of some non-random tweaks in the draws.  Let's see how it works out.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon May 04, 2015 5:01 am

You have now given a few draw predictions for RG, so time to update this thread.

Here (from the MC thread):
noleisthebest wrote:I am almost sure Nadal will be in Nole's half in RG
And here (from the Rafa lobbying about W grass thread):
noleisthebest wrote:If they are providing him with custom made dead balls, they are surely not going to give him a tough draw...
No Fognini, no Nishi, no Isner in his half...
I hope he drops out of top 4 before RG...but then they'd stick him in Murray's quarter and Fed's half...I hate it! Grr

We will see how it pans out.  There is a bit of ambiguity in one of your predictions.  The first prediction tips Rafa to be in Nole's half while in the second prediction you are tipping him to be in Fed's half if he drops out of top 4.  I will interpret your prediction to mean:  If Rafa among top 4 seeds at RG, then he is in Nole's half, otherwise in Fed's half.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 pm

No, no, no!

These are not my official predictions!
I reserve the right to see how Madrid and Rome go first, esp Nadal's ranking. He is defending 1600 points in the next 2 weeks.

So far, Nishi, Fognini and Isner NOT TO BE in Nadal's half/quarter.

RG will make sure Nadal gets the cushiest draw ever.

I think Babolat are probably as desperate as Nadal for him to win RG the 10th time...so we can look forward to plenty of SBH German and French players as well as his old pal Monaco.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 04, 2015 7:48 pm

For the French I predict he will not get Nishi...unless Nishi gets injured by then. He will get Federer instead of Djoko and Probably Stan.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue May 05, 2015 3:45 am

noleisthebest wrote:No, no, no!

These are not my official predictions!
I reserve the right to see how Madrid and Rome go first, esp Nadal's ranking. He is defending 1600 points in the next 2 weeks.
Ok, my bad, I did not realize there would be official predictions coming; I was just going to use whatever I could find.

No problem.  You may revise, add or remove any predictions right up until the draw ceremony starts; none of that will hurt the integrity of the experiment.  Obviously, no further revisions are ok after the draws are made smiley

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue May 05, 2015 3:51 am

Tenez wrote:For the French I predict he will not get Nishi...unless Nishi gets injured by then. He will get Federer instead of Djoko and Probably Stan.
Mhmm. I was going to use nitb's predictions only for this exercise. In principle I could add your predictions too but it would make any conclusions a little more complicated.

I have to think about it. Mostly need to decide whether I should keep track of your predictions separately or whether I should just combine them with nitb's somehow.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 05, 2015 8:10 am

forget about mine....i don't assume they automatically fix them ....like they used to...in fact they didn't at the french.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue May 05, 2015 9:13 am

Tenez wrote:forget about mine....i don't assume they automatically fix them ....like they used to...in fact they didn't at the french.

Yes, that as the original premise as draws didn't need to be fixed for Nadal on clay, the 12/12 of Nole in Federer's half were happening in "fast" slams: AO, Wimbledon and USO.

Then at one USO, that theory came to media and USO finally (was it 2012?) broke the pattern.

As a result, the focus shifted to individual draws which I was always vagely aware of anyway beneath the Nole/Fed thing.
I remember Nadal always had Spaniards and Fed German and French players...esp Tommy Haas!
Fed had him three timess in a row once, and one Wimbledon stayed in my memory: Haas gave Fed a walkover & this huge extra rest while other players were struggling with playing crammed schedule and delayed matches because of rain.

So now that tennis has gone so crazily physical (thanks to its pioneer) it's become crucial to worry more about week one than week two, esp in RG.

And funny thing is, as most players have caught up with fitness it's become very hard to construct an "easy" draw.

I remember Wimbledon 2013 thinking: "Well done", Wimbledon!" for choosing Darcis for Nadal after the famous 2012 early exit to Rosol...there is absolutely no chance a tiny SBH-er can do anything to Nadal!
And how wrong was I!!!!
Not only did he do it but in STRAIGHT SETS!!!!

It really felt like divine intervention almost...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue May 05, 2015 9:29 am

But again...people's unbelief that draw fixing exists is there same as with doping.

The stubborn refusal to see the obvious and preserve the unrealistic image of (professional) sport as something "pure"...

Where there is money there will be lies and corruption.
The bigger the prize-the bigger the lie.

And funnily for human nature, people are happier to believe big than small lies, though in essence, they are the same.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 am

The funny thing is since that study came out we have seen less abuse of fixing. That in itself is quite telling.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 17, 2015 6:32 pm

nitb, ready to "officially" "publish" your draw predictions?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun May 17, 2015 6:43 pm

If I could bet on draw, then Nadal will end up in Berdych quarter, and possibly in Fed's.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 17, 2015 11:29 pm

I am not sure how draws would work...Nadal shoudl be ranked number 7 on Monday..which means....

he will be in Roger or Nole's draw
Then he coudl have either Murray, Berdych, or Nishi.
But this is when I am unsure....Could he have Nishi and Murray for instance or one of the 3 only? In fact since Raonic won't play, Nadal will be seeded 6 therefore he has 0 chance to face Nishi. correct? SB coudl you explain that?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon May 18, 2015 3:49 am

Tenez wrote:I am not sure how draws would work...Nadal shoudl be ranked number 7 on Monday..which means....

he will be in Roger or Nole's draw
Then he coudl have either Murray, Berdych, or Nishi.
But this is when I am unsure....Could he have Nishi and Murray for instance or one of the 3 only? In fact since Raonic won't play, Nadal will be seeded 6 therefore he has 0 chance to face Nishi. correct? SB coudl you explain that?
Ah yeah, I forgot about Rao etc, so it is a bit complicated still.  We should maybe wait for the official seedings.  In any event, yes, if Rafa is seeded #6, then he, Nishi, Ferrer and Wawrinka will be in separate quarters and the earliest they can meet is in the SF (if they upset their higher seeded QF opponents).

Rafa can be on the same side of the draw as Nishi, but even then would only get to play Nishi in the SF if they both advance instead of their higher seeded opponents.  For example, Rafa may be scheduled to play Andy in the QF and Nole in SF, but if Nishi is in the same half of the draw, and if Nishi advances to the SF instead of Nole, Rafa could play Nishi there.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 18, 2015 9:27 am

Nadal won't be in Nole's half and he won't be in Murray's quarter.

He'll have easy SBH-ers (Youzhny etc)  or light weight DBH-ers (Mannarino,  Coric, Monaco etc) in the first three rounds...no banana skins a la Kyrgios, Kokkinakis etc.

I am delighted Stan beat Nadal in Rome.
The draw there (and in Madrid) was made with so much effort for him to make it to top 4 for RG.

Nole as usual will have the hardes t draw with energy sapping opponents for the first week and Murray, Nishi lined up for him in week 2.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 am

The FO was one of the tournament which did not have that systematic Federer/Djoko draw...but worth giving it a go.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am

Tenez wrote:The FO was one of the tournament which did not have that systematic Federer/Djoko draw...but worth giving it a go.

Seeing them both in the final would be the best possible lineup at RG for me, but a chance to see them before the final is marginal.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 18, 2015 11:46 am

I would not be surprised to see Djoko v Nadal in the same quarter. Nadal woudl want to fight Djko while fit...and not after a fight v Ferrer or Murray.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 18, 2015 11:48 am

Tenez wrote:I would not be surprised to see Djoko v Nadal in the same quarter. Nadal woudl want to fight Djko while fit...and not after a fight v Ferrer or Murray.

That would be sublime, esp if they played on Lenglen on the 3rd of June!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Btw, does anyone here really believe Nadal is going to be in Nole's quarter?

Nole's chances would be stronger there as he too would be fresh.

Last year he lost on the physical level/exhaustion as it was too hot.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Tenez wrote:The FO was one of the tournament which did not have that systematic Federer/Djoko draw...but worth giving it a go.

Also...if the French wanted to be fair to everyone and not favour Nadal, they'd use the same balls as Rome and Madrid.
I'm sure Babolat could produce identical spec.

That's why Federer still sees Nadal as the main favourite, even after losing to Stan the other day.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Also...if the French wanted to be fair to everyone and not favour Nadal, they'd use the same balls as Rome and Madrid.
I'm sure Babolat could produce identical spec.

That's why Federer still sees Nadal as the main favourite, even after losing to Stan the other day.
Nothing to worry about, Fognini will be in Rafa's quarter of the draw and put an end to the sad dictatorship that's lasted far too long at the French. Big Grin

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 18, 2015 2:17 pm

If only...
The way I see it,  Fabio and other mortals don't have a chance against Nadal playing with his custom made balls.
If they are indeed lighter and bigger, he can last longer than anyone else there...

So...I'm afraid no outplaying of Nadal is even possible, Nishi in theory, but he is gutless...so,  only either outlasting or blowing him off the court.

Who can outlast him over 5 sets!
Nole and maybe Murray.
Who can blast him off the court:
Kyrguos, Stan The Possesed Man...some crazy qualifier or WC? (Sod, come back! Winking)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 18, 2015 2:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I would not be surprised to see Djoko v Nadal in the same quarter. Nadal woudl want to fight Djko while fit...and not after a fight v Ferrer or Murray.

That would be sublime, esp if they played on Lenglen on the 3rd of June!
Chances of having both Nadal/Djoko on Langlen is null! Sorry.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri May 22, 2015 3:52 am

Here is my summary of nitb's predictions:

Nole not in Rafa half0.5?
Nishi not in Rafa half0.67?
Rafa in Berd's quarter0.25?
Total1.42?
Nitb, you made similar predictions twice - once on this thread and then again last night on the RG draws thread.  For the above, I was using your most recent set of predictions (luckily they were quite similar to the previous set):

noleisthebest wrote:I think I did.
No Nole, no Murray in Nadal's  half/quarter. No Nishi in his half either.

Nadal in Fed's half and Berd's quarter.

Probably Youzhny and other SBH-ers in the first three rounds for him.
Or light-weight DBH-ers.
Kyrgios is injured, so they may stick him with Nadal just to make it look legit and even if they do, they'll make sure Kyrg has an exhausting opponent in previous round,

A few comments:

"No Nole in Nadal's half" is a strictly stronger prediction than "No Nole in Nadal's quarter" (i.e., if Nole not in Rafa's half, then obviously no Nole in Rafa's quarter either), so I only use that one.

"Rafa in Berd's quarter" is strictly stronger than "Rafa not be in Murray's half" (Andy and Berd will be in the opposite halfs as #3 and #4 seeds).  So I only use the Berd prediction.

"Nadal in Fed's half" is equivalent to "No Nole in Nadal's half".

I did not use the rest of your predictions as they are worded a bit more ambiguously:

"Probably Youzhny and other SBH-ers in the first three rounds".  I suspect you are not saying that Youzhny specifically has to be there, nor are you probably saying that only SBHs will be waiting for Rafa in first three rounds.  So it would be harder to decide if you were right or wrong.

Similar with  "light-weight DBHers" - again not quite obvious exactly who would or would not count.  And also the Kyrgios prediction is hard to express with no ambiguity.

Anyway, that still leaves us with three meaty predictions.  If you got them all correct, that would be quite impressive.

In theory you can make changes/additions to your prediction right up to the point the draw starts but I would prefer if you only do that if you feel strongly about them.  Because if you end up making ambiguous predictions I would have to decide after the draw how to interpret them and whether or not to accept them, and that could compromise the integrity of our exercise.

Let's see how it goes!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 am

As far as I can tell, RG have not yet released their seeding.  I am assuming in my table above that they will go with the rankings.  If not, I will have to adjust your prediction table and the probabilities of being correct assigned to each prediction.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri May 22, 2015 4:59 am

On a second thought, I will recognize Andy prediction as a separate one, even though it is a weaker version of Berdych prediction. I will just have to be careful in interpreting probabilities correctly depending on the outcome - since those two predictions are not independent.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat May 23, 2015 4:57 pm

The FO results are here. Not very successful this time - only one out of four correct:

Nole not in Rafa half0.50
Nishi not in Rafa half0.671
Andy not in Rafa half0.50
Rafa in Berd's quarter0.250
Total1.921

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat May 23, 2015 5:00 pm

And here is the running total year-to-date. Actual prediction success almost dead-on with the expected one at this point.

AO Nole not in Rafa half0.51
AO Stan not in Rafa half0.51
AO Nishi not in Rafa quarter0.751
Nole not in Rafa half0.50
Nishi not in Rafa half0.671
Andy not in Rafa half0.50
Rafa in Berd's quarter0.250
Total3.674

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Nishi had no chance of being in Rafa's half.

My understanding is that

1 and 2 ; 3 and 4; 5 and 6; are on opposite half. In the same way that number 1 seed for instance cannot have both 3 AND 4, it cannot have both 5 and 6!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 24, 2015 1:20 am

That is not my understanding.  I believe seeds 5-8 are randomly drawn and any two can end up in the same half.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:05 am

The Wimbledon draw will be made on Friday.  NITB, will you supply any predictions this time?  You should only be predicting if you feel reasonably confident, otherwise better skip Wimbledon altogether.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 am

I'll leave it for the time being.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 am

As seed number 10, it's going to be difficult for Nadal to get easy draws from now on.

I'd say if he avoids Murray, Djoko and Nishi, it's a very good draw and our discussion with rigged draws is still alive.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:00 am

Time to resurrect this thread.

Recap:

The idea was to let nitb predict who may be where in the draw.  If she is right that the draws are rigged in the ways she says they are, she should be able to - over time - predict better than a random luck would suggest.  As Rafa started declining in 2015, we stopped doing this, but now it is becoming relevant yet again.  The rules are:

1. nitb can make any predictions she likes before any tournament she likes, before the draw is made.
2. predictions will only count if they are well-defined - i.e., if we can unambiguously determine what makes the prediction correct.  For example:
(a) "Murray will not be in Rafa's quarter" - would be a valid prediction
(b) "no big hitters near Rafa" - invalid
(c) "none of Kev, Isner, Querrey, Verdasco will be able to meet Rafa before QF" - valid.
3. nitb can come up with her own predictions, or she can re-use someone else's (e.g., GPs?), and she can discuss her predictions with others, but a prediction will only count if it is formally submitted by nitb.
4. predictions do not have to involve Rafa - any other players' draws are fair game too.
5. I will keep the running totals and stats - any new data will be added to the data we had collected a few years back.
6. In this way, we can - potentially - put together a serious study that could indicate that the draws are rigged (if they in fact are).

Nitb, are you up for this?  Talk is cheap, time to put your mouth where your mouth is.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 am

Oh this should be good. I doubt NITB will do it though. It’s much easier to cherrypick the favourable draws for Nadal in retrospect, rather than predict them upfront.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:12 am

my prediction:

anything nadal wins, the wise oracle of this forum will say it was due to rigged draw, magic fuel, time between points and moonballing

truth: some people are too grey

they decided to hate, expecting it to last 5-6 years... and they ve been hating for 15 years now... a life gone by.

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 am

Cut the crap folks, Nole won't be in Raf's quarter

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:22 pm

gallery play wrote:Cut the crap folks, Nole won't be in Raf's quarter
Thumbs Up

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 pm

It’s an interesting seeding because there’s no doubt that many of the equivalent seeds are very, very different in standard.

The 3 & 4 are a case in point. Whoever gets Zverev has a big advantage.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 am

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:Cut the crap folks, Nole won't be in Raf's quarter
Thumbs Up
I will take this as an official endorsement of the pick.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 am

bogbrush wrote:It’s an interesting seeding because there’s no doubt that many of the equivalent seeds are very, very different in standard.

The 3 & 4 are a case in point. Whoever gets Zverev has a big advantage.
And if one gets Novak and Cilic he really has it all in front of them.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:26 am

This pick was correct.  At the same time, the pick was not overly adventurous (it had 75% chance of being correct at random), so it does not make a huge impact on the totals (I append this to the totals from 2015).

So far:

Actual correct picks: 5/8

Expected correct picks (if draws are not rigged): 4.42/8

So we are doing a little better than random selection would suggest.  Not enough (yet?) to have any serious statistical significance, but let's continue at the USO (or before - you can pick whatever ourneys you want).

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:27 am

Anybody has any ideas about how the USO draw is going to work out?

Now that nitb is mostly MIA, I will have to accept predictions from other people too.  But it has to be people who themselves believe in the draw rigging.

Optimally GP could sub for nitb, as he is the most vocal proponent after her.

Failing that, maybe Tenez?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 pm

The thing SB is that even when Nadal has a dead easy draw, it doesn;t appear so to most posters.

To me it was rather clear that The USO was helping Nadal by providing a dead slow CC. He also had a very easy draw but as you know that is more difficult to prove.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next