Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
murray - Andy Murray will win the US open EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Andy Murray will win the US open

+2
Larry Ellison
Veejay
6 posters

Go down

murray - Andy Murray will win the US open Empty Andy Murray will win the US open

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:33 am

In a glowing tribute to once a known poster (zzzz) on original 606, I am doing this thread to declare that Andy Murray will win the US open.

Andy is in the prime form after winning Olympic gold which he did it in style beating former no. 1 Djokovic and current no 1 and all time great Roger Federer. It is not the win which gives me confidence of saying that Andy will win it, it was the manner in which he dished out those losses to Fed and Nole.

Some posters might argue that Andy is not in the form as he has hardly played any tennis in the last month but like they say 'form is temporary and class is permanent'. Andy has the game to win USO and this is his time. He has taken the leaf out of multi slam winner's book and saving his best for the right moment. Andy should be able to bring him in form by playing easy early round matches and then to bring his best to get better of Fed and then possibly Djoko or the victor of Djoko.

You hear it first here on teneez forum murray - Andy Murray will win the US open 4006036031

Back to top Go down

murray - Andy Murray will win the US open Empty Re: Andy Murray will win the US open

Post by Veejay Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Everyone was saying the same thing back in 09,how Murray is going to dethrone Federer.Turns out it was Del Potro who scooped up the title
Murray did well at the Olympics but that wasnt a grand slam...

Veejay

Back to top Go down

murray - Andy Murray will win the US open Empty Re: Andy Murray will win the US open

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Kudos to WOW if Murray does win, but honestly I'm thinking Federer here. Murray 2nd favourite.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Veejay wrote:Everyone was saying the same thing back in 09,how Murray is going to dethrone Federer.Turns out it was Del Potro who scooped up the title

Totally agreed that Olympics was not a slam but in a way monkey is off the back and Andy feels slightly less pressure now. He should get it this time. The time has come to push the button.

Amrit- I think Murray is the favourite as past few years the pattern is that whoever won the Cinci and Toronto did not do very well at the open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 pm

One down six to go. Go Andy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 pm

wow3 wrote:
Amrit- I think Murray is the favourite as past few years the pattern is that whoever won the Cinci and Toronto did not do very well at the open.
Yikes
I disagree with the logic there, you may be right about Murray but that logic is flawed.

Firstly, even though it is possible to argue the winner of the pre-USO Masters 1000 is not the guaranteed as the Grand Slams are played with a different intensity, I don't see how it is a disadvantage. I don't think either Djokovic or Federer are going to be tired from their tournament runs, are they? It'll just give them a bit of confidence, but not necessarily that much as Slams are a different ball-game.

Secondly last year Djokovic won Toronto, and reached the final of Cincinnati. That is an excellent set of results, and he followed it up with a win at the USO. So I'm not sure you can use the fact he did well in Toronto against Djokovic, but what you can say is that it seems mentally in the big points he struggles compared to last year against the big guns.

Thirdly, and this is a point addressing this year, both Federer and Djokovic who won Cincinatti and Toronto are very experienced. They both know how to bring their best game to a Grand Slam, especially Federer. If Murray won Toronto you could argue that he doesn't have the experience and mental belief to follow it up with a Slam win, but Federer and Djokovic do.

So hence I think your logic that 'Murray is the favourite as past few years the pattern is that whoever won the Cinci and Toronto did not do very well at the open,' is flawed. Also this could also apply to Tsonga, Del Potro, Berdych who also did not do well in Cincinatti and Toronto.

Nevertheless I do think Andy has a chance, but he has to improve from today's 1st round display, and bring his best tennis. He can bit Djokovic imio, his problem is Federer. Will the win in the Olympics really give Murray the belief to beat Federer in a Slam? I don't think so, but let's see.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Okay agree with Toronto as you can still recover from Toronto to USO.

The past winners of USO

2009- Delpo

2010- Nadal

2011- Djoko

Past winners of Cinci

2009 Roger- Lost USO in the finals to DelPo.

2010 Roger- Lost Semi against Djoko

2011 Murray - Lost in semi against nadal?

2011 Djoko did reach the finals of Cinci but did not give his all in the final and retired at the score of 0-3 in the second set. So the logic is not flawed, there is a slight relation between these 2 masters and USO as any intelligent player would not want to waste too much energy winning these 2 events. Sepcially when you look at 2009 and 2010 winners they did not perform exceptionally well in these 2 events.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 am

wow3 wrote:
Veejay wrote:Everyone was saying the same thing back in 09,how Murray is going to dethrone Federer.Turns out it was Del Potro who scooped up the title

Totally agreed that Olympics was not a slam but in a way monkey is off the back and Andy feels slightly less pressure now. He should get it this time. The time has come to push the button.

Murray didnt look like a winner yesterday,he isnt like the 3 players ahead of him where matches like that doesnt mean anything.Usually it means something is wrong with him

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Veejay if I look prior 2011 then there was not much difference between Murray and Djoko. Only difference was the 2008 Aus open. Djoko never had beaten Nadal in a slam prior 2011 and has only beaten Fed once.

It all needs one stellar season, imo Andy is capable of that but when that is going to happen I am not sure. I have been waiting for that since 2008-09.

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:19 am

What about Murray to lose to Dodig in R2? I know I will have that on my prediction sheet if it comes up! Winking

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 am

Murray has always done well against such players, it's Nadal who becomes susceptible against lubcic, ivo, dodig etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 am

Anderson might beat ferret today and will give us our first upset of the tournament. Tomic looks good bet against Roddick too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19455538

Another boring presser from Murray but on the positive note he managed to win when the chips were down. As we have seen in the past that being out of form in the earlier rounds does not have much meaning in the bigger scale of things.

Tenez thinks that Murray will lose to Raonic, Amrit thinks that Murray will beat Raonic. It will be a close match but if it happens to be a late edition then Raonic will find it difficult to get past Murray.

3 down, 4 to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 am

4 down 3 to go. Utter dominance by Andy Murray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 am

wow3 wrote:
It will be a close match but if it happens to be a late edition then Raonic will find it difficult to get past Murray.

YOu see it wasn't even that close. "Masterful" Murray! What do you make of his physical form wow? you a harsh critic of Nadal's dubious fitness?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 am

I did say that if it will be a late match then there will be no chance for Raonic.

I have been a critic of Nadal but this is the way you can win these days and who stopped Raonic from getting superfit. Did Novak not outnadalled Nadull to win those 4 slams. I always thought Murray to be heir apparent of Fed, he has more variety in his game compared to Novak or Nadal so why shouldn't he win his first slam now, he is due for long whether by physicality or without it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 am

Nadal without Tony is smilar to Djoker without Marian. I cannot believe that there are questions over Murray's fitness when everyone saw that Djoker was the one to survive 12 hours of tennis within 2 days murray - Andy Murray will win the US open 563610107

Few of the posters here are struggling to cope with Murray's success because as per them Murray was never able to play such high calibre tennis. Yes, Murray schooled the unruly Djoker at Olympics and then Delpo did the same.

Hypocrisy at its best murray - Andy Murray will win the US open 2033450363

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 am

wow3 wrote: I always thought Murray to be heir apparent of Fed, he has more variety in his game compared to Novak or Nadal so why shouldn't he win his first slam now, he is due for long whether by physicality or without it.

To me Murray woudl have gone nowhere with his slices and drop shots. And he knows that. This is why he was constantly talking about getting fitter....and fitter he became!

The power of his arms nowadays play a huge role in the control of the ball, and his legs are there bringing many would-be-winners back like in this last point at 4 all to give him the break. Nadal has been his idol and we can see why. I don;t agree that he was Federer's heir as I don;t think he has Djokovic's talent but Djoko is not very high in my list of talented players.

It's a strange tennis we are seeing nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 am

No not really, Murray can play all the shots. He had a better showing at Wimby than Nole until Nole managed to win it in his super year. Murray defo have more variety than Nole but what can he do if the slower courts demand this kind of play.

Murray played superb in 2008 at USO against Nadal. He always had the game but the British psyche troubled him from winning a major. With Lendl helping him out we might see that hurdle being crossed now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 am

wow3 wrote:No not really, Murray can play all the shots.

They call all play "all the shots". It's winning with all those shots that you do not see and Murray wins by throwing those long rallies and by retrieving those unretrievable shots.

It's important to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the players we like. The Nadal fan sees the FHs winners from Nadal but will not want to see that it's not the FHs winners that win his matches but his opponents' UEs. Same applies to Murray. Without his big legs retrieving points, his "talent" woudl be seriously exposed.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am

Who is not retrieving these days? Probably Hasse and Dolg? The courts are slow so you have to retrieve and it is a low percentage game, increases your chance of winning, no? Has Djjoko not done the same? Only Delpo won USO with attacking tennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

wow3 wrote:Who is not retrieving these days? Probably Hasse and Dolg? The courts are slow so you have to retrieve and it is a low percentage game, increases your chance of winning, no? Has Djjoko not done the same? Only Delpo won USO with attacking tennis.

Actually there are not that slow this year at the USO. Yes DJoko has done the same. He also chose the physical route and this is why I am not a fan of his either. Lots of people are not just retrieving: Wawrinka, Delpo, Berdych, Tsonga, etc....but they are not successful at teh very top, that's the problem. Only Federer can afford to be aggressive and successful though even his amazing talent won't get him past those new physical phenomenons.

WHat I saw yesterday from Murray was more impressive than what I saw from Nadal. in the stamina department but speed of court and power of shots.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm

wow3 wrote:4 down 3 to go. Utter dominance by Andy Murray.

Raonic looks like a serious multi grand slam contender,he is still a little inexperienced but all the potential is there.The difference between Murray and him is that Milos has the goods to do some serious damage,Murray doesnt
Just watching the match on Eurosport,doesnt look like utter dominance to me

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Veejay, do you not support Murray? I disagree with you on possessing weapons. Only potent weapon Milos has is his serve whereas when Andy is on song he is a treat to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:20 am

It was interesting to read Murray's commments on A Ash court saying it was much slower than Armstrong for instance and that he was pleased to have played Rao on the slower surface.!!!!!

It was a first experience for Rao on AA. So quite an advantage for Murray here as he said he would have struggled v Rao on Armstrong.

This is also a subject we could discuss further. I am sure the oragnisers are purposedly providing differentsurfaces to help the top guys who will want to play on slower surface and use their fitness to make the difference versus lower ranked players not used to play on AA.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 am

Tenez wrote:It was interesting to read Murray's commments on A Ash court saying it was much slower than Armstrong for instance and that he was pleased to have played Rao on the slower surface.!!!!!

It was a first experience for Rao on AA. So quite an advantage for Murray here as he said he would have struggled v Rao on Armstrong.

This is also a subject we could discuss further. I am sure the oragnisers are purposedly providing differentsurfaces to help the top guys who will want to play on slower surface and use their fitness to make the difference versus lower ranked players not used to play on AA.

I noticed that in Wimbledon, as well. C1 definitely played faster than CC.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Really? That woudl be difficult to achieve cause the grass should be the same everywhere. maybe more or less clay in the soil? In the USO they add more or less sand with the paint.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 am

It could be that CC was more worn due to roof closing scenarios and soil having different ventilation or stg affecting softness , I don't know the mechanics of grass growing apart form my basic gardening experience murray - Andy Murray will win the US open 2998105013

CC was extremely worn during the Olympics, baseline was basically a mud/sand pad, C1 not that bad.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am

Yes that's a possibility....the other might be camera angle being slightly different provides a different impresson on pace.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:It was interesting to read Murray's commments on A Ash court saying it was much slower than Armstrong for instance and that he was pleased to have played Rao on the slower surface.!!!!!

I noticed that too at Wimbledon,but its been less obvious at U.S Open.

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm

from tennis.com:

"How did Andy Murray get himself ready for yet another huge event this summer? The Mail’s Mike Dickson has the scoop.

MURRAY SET FOR CILIC TEST...BUT THE SECRET OF ANDY’S SUCCESS? A LADY WITH LARGE HANDS!

“When he first landed here ahead of the U.S. Open,” Dickson writes of
Murray, “he took the unusual step of ditching everyone and spending
several days as a relative hermit in the big city.”

Murray says that when he got to New York he “took three days off and
just spent time on my own. I felt I needed some time away from the
others because otherwise it can get a bit sterile."

What did Muzz do in the Big Apple? Museums, art flicks, discos, maybe a
trek to Brooklyn? "I just did things like watch a lot of football on
television and got my own breakfast, lunch, and dinner from the local
Whole Foods store," the resourceful Murray said. "I had a massage in the
hotel spa from a big lady with large hands. It was nice to relax and be
on my own for a bit.”

Murray hasn’t been hanging out around the courts as much these days, something the Mail credits to the influence of Ivan Lendl, who was “always keen on outside diversions.”

Or, perhaps, Murray just needed a few days away from the Terminator himself?"

THAT man is hillarious!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:00 am

And the charge towards maiden slam stays intact. Superb performance by Andy. He played two matches in one. the first match ended at 5-2 in the second set and from there onwards Cilic was just a spectator, winning only 4 games and also got bagelled in the fourth set.

Andy, 5 done 2 to go, the slam is yours. Well done murray - Andy Murray will win the US open 4052418255

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:53 am

wow3 wrote:Andy, 5 done 2 to go, the slam is yours. Well done murray - Andy Murray will win the US open 4052418255
Let's face it, his US Open is starting Saturday. The "5 done" counts little.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 am

SB he is on the course. This wil be the first time he will meet Fed here but thid Andy is different, if Berdy still manages then he will hardly have any chance. Fed will be close but Andi is winning his SF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Gutted with Federer's loss, Berdych is not someone who someone wants to see in SF. He has been in the finals before byr hardly made any impact.

Andy has one foot in the final now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 am

Berdych looks like he feels that he has a lot to prove after his poor summer,he looks really inspired.Murray may have his work cut out for him

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:48 am

It's a Murray Djoko final! That's a certitude. The winner of that final is less clear but I'd go with Djoko again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Tenez, why do you feel so confident about Djoko beating Delpo? Berdych won as Fed gave away too many free points and using your terminology Murray will be putting lots of balls back for Berdych and the result will be more or less same like Milos Raonic match.

I can't say much about Murray-Delpo final. I expect Djoko to struggle against Delpo. If it's Djoko then my money is on Murray and if it's Delpo then also my money is on Murray smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 am

One step away now. Scintillating performance under adverse conditions. 2 straight GS finals by the best player in today's tennis.

Andy Murray True champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Murray has an unfair advantage

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Come on Veejay, it's not unfair. Fed has won after playing the second semis and a lot of players before him. If Murray had not played first then he would had been at disadvantage.

Djoker has the best doctor anyway, so endurance is no problem for him or is it? And Djoker plays the aggressive, non pusher tennis so he should be able to destroy ferret is nice easy 3 sets and will come fresh on Monday.

And like Jonty said that during last 2 meetings between GOAT (Djoker) and Pusher (murray) , Murray has done quite well against him so Murray has every chance whether rest or no rest. What say?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Veejay, did you remember my cinci, tonrnto effect analysis on USO win?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 am

Well, was I right or was I right?

Andy wins the US open.

COME ON!

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:13 am

wow, congrats, but btw, you should have called your article Murray won the US Open 2012, to make it true in the future (as I did a while back when I wrote to a friend of mine Fed won Madrid 2012 a couple of weeks before Winking)

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 am

sphairistike wrote:wow, congrats, but btw, you should have called your article Murray won the US Open 2012, to make it true in the future (as I did a while back when I wrote to a friend of mine Fed won Madrid 2012 a couple of weeks before Winking)

Big Grin thanks Sphairi. what a result! and like they were saying that Murray did not make it easy for his supporters. Anyways a brilliant finale to a super performance for 2 weeks- Feli, Cilic, Berdy Applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down