Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  

Latest topics
» Stefanos Tsitsipas
Today at 10:36 pm by Tenez

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Today at 4:21 pm by noleisthebest

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 2:56 pm by bogbrush

» Race to London
Yesterday at 11:42 pm by naxroy

» Players popularity - What makes it?
Yesterday at 11:34 pm by Tenez

» Asian Swing 2017: Bejing/Tokyo & Shanghai
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm by luvsports!

» Who Is Going To Be The Next Number One?
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm by legendkillar

» One of the best match ever?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 am by Tenez

» Jelena Ostapenko
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:26 pm by Jahu

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by DECIMA on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Who should be the Democratic candidate ? Elizabeth Warren ? Hilary Clinton ?

And what about the GOP ? They've lost the last 2 presidential elections in a row, but did well in the recent midterms. Can Ted Cruz lead them to victory ? Any chance for the likes of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann ? Or will Rand Paul or Jeb Bush spring forward ?

Also- who are you supporting ? I know we have a few Americans on this forum, so should be good debate ? Winking

Keep it civil,

Kim Jong-Un

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:16 am

They say people get the governments they deserve, and I tend to agree.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24956
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by luvsports! on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Please be Warren! She is the only one with integrity. Lobbyists and backers have admitted they fear what she can do because she is for the interests of the Murrriican people not the corporations.
People are raising $1m just so that she will run!

Also Wolf-pac.com, we're coming for you!

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by DECIMA on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:11 pm

luvsports! wrote:Please be Warren! She is the only one with integrity. Lobbyists and backers have admitted they fear what she can do because she is for the interests of the Murrriican people not the corporations.
People are raising $1m just so that she will run!

Also Wolf-pac.com, we're coming for you!
smiley

I do not actually see myself as 'left wing' or 'right wing'- when it comes to politics I try to be objective and practical- rather than be biased and have an agenda following an ideology.
In the US, I feel the politics is so warped, I think someone like Elizabeth Warren is desperately needed, although I can see why some would say that makes me 'left wing'.

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by luvsports! on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 am

Ditto it's just with the current manure triangle in Britain you have 3 different sides of the same buttcheek.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by DECIMA on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:57 am

luvsports! wrote:Ditto it's just with the current manure triangle in Britain you have 3 different sides of the same buttcheek.
This is where I would disagree with you; in UK the 3 main parties are very similar- but I don't think the Republicans and Democrats are.

The Republicans have courage of convictions, while the Democrats are wimps who tend to be spineless. That's the first difference.
The main difference is where they lie on the political spectrum. The Democrats are centre/centre-right (let's be honest... they're not a far left party as Fox News claims), but the Republicans are far right, off the scale.
As Bill Maher said, in America the 'left moved to the centre and the right moved into a lunatic asylum'.

I was seeing some polls and it was shocking, very low percentages of Republicans believed in evolution (below 50%), almost none of them think man made climate change is a threat... pretty scary stuff considering these people are going to be running the most powerful country in the world.

A clip of a comparison between Democrats and Republicans on climate change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mma_PJqYe24


So there is a difference between the Republicans and the Democrats, one has courage the other has (some) intelligence but are wimps.

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by Tenez on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 am

Don't vote! It makes us believe we are in a democracy when clearly we are not.

I am serious when I say North Korea is more of a democracy than the US, UK and France altogether.



Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by DECIMA on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 am

Tenez wrote:Don't vote! It makes us believe we are in a democracy when clearly we are not.

I am serious when I say North Korea is more of a democracy than the US, UK and France altogether.


What a ridiculous comment ? Comparison to North Korea is nonsense.

As for voting, I can kind of understand where you're coming from- I'm not sure about France, I do know the US has some issues with corporatism, less so in Britain... but the majority of legislation does impact people's day to day lives. If anything UKIP have shown that by voting you can shift the main parties on their policy.

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by luvsports! on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:38 am

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
luvsports! wrote:Ditto it's just with the current manure triangle in Britain you have 3 different sides of the same buttcheek.
This is where I would disagree with you; in UK the 3 main parties are very similar- but I don't think the Republicans and Democrats are.

The Republicans have courage of convictions, while the Democrats are wimps who tend to be spineless. That's the first difference.
The main difference is where they lie on the political spectrum. The Democrats are centre/centre-right (let's be honest... they're not a far left party as Fox News claims), but the Republicans are far right, off the scale.
As Bill Maher said, in America the 'left moved to the centre and the right moved into a lunatic asylum'.

I was seeing some polls and it was shocking, very low percentages of Republicans believed in evolution (below 50%), almost none of them think man made climate change is a threat... pretty scary stuff considering these people are going to be running the most powerful country in the world.

A clip of a comparison between Democrats and Republicans on climate change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mma_PJqYe24


So there is a difference between the Republicans and the Democrats, one has courage the other has (some) intelligence but are wimps.
You misconstrued my point. I was agreeing with the trying to be objective part.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by DECIMA on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 am

luvsports! wrote:
You misconstrued my point. I was agreeing with the trying to be objective part.
Ah yes sorry, you did agree with me, I misread your post earlier. (the Ditto it's just- I misread as 'Ditto it's just like')

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Tenez wrote:Don't vote! It makes us believe we are in a democracy when clearly we are not.

I am serious when I say North Korea is more of a democracy than the US, UK and France altogether.


What a ridiculous comment ? Comparison to North Korea is nonsense.

As for voting, I can kind of understand where you're coming from- I'm not sure about France, I do know the US has some issues with corporatism, less so in Britain... but the majority of legislation does impact people's day to day lives. If anything UKIP have shown that by voting you can shift the main parties on their policy.

My comment is certainly not non-sense. In NK "you" are the only power. I am sure knowing you, you might have the interest of your people at heart. That's certainly not the case in the other countries I mentioned. Business rules everywhere else.

UKIP will get as corrupt as the rest if they want to get to power.


Tenez

Posts : 17170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by DECIMA on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Not sure how much research you've done into the country I run Tenez, but I assure you it is not democratic in any way whatsoever, or in the interest of the citizens.

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US Presidential Campaign 2016 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum