Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The left is eating itself apart...
Yesterday at 10:25 pm by Daniel

» How strong is Nadal mentally?
Yesterday at 9:53 pm by Tenez

» 10 Years Ago...
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by Tenez

» ATP Masters 1000: Cincinnati
Yesterday at 10:19 am by legendkillar

» US OPEN 2017
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm by Daniel

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm by Jahu

» Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am by Daniel

» Canadian Masters 1000
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am by legendkillar

» Another record for Federer coming up?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm by Daniel

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Commentary by mcEnroe earlier today:


What does this mean for Davis Cup ?

http://www.livetennis.com/category/livetennis-news/john-mcenroe-claims-roger-federer-and-stan-wawrinka-involved-in-locker-room-dispute-20141116-0007/

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:07 pm

According to Stan- there was no argument- they  "spoke of other things and not the match" and that "I might be traveling with Roger on Monday"

non story.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:09 pm

truffin1 wrote:According to Stan- there was no argument- they  "spoke of other things and not the match" and that "I might be traveling with Roger on Monday"

non story.
The chance of Stan saying there was an argument even if there was is less than 0.00001%, let's be honest.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Daniel on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:19 pm

I get into arguments with my opponents when I play tennis sometimes, and a few days later it's all good.  None story.
But then, I;m not as obsessed as you with trying to tarnish Federer with the same dirty brush as Nadal.

Daniel

Posts : 2857
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:36 pm

There were several tiny incidents last night: once, Stan went for Fed at the net and Fed didn't like it.
As Stan moved away with his back turned to the net, walking to the service line, he pulled a funny face as if to say "OK it was cheeky but no big deal!"
When the incident with Fed's box happened, I didn't hear anything as was on the opposote side, but it was quite unpleasant as Stan was visibly upset.
The crowd booed him, and he did well to continue the match unaffected.

Personally, I felt for him a little as Severin Luthi sat in Fed's box.
I know he's Fed's  coach, but, surely Fed could've survived without him yesterday, esp as he is Swiss Davis Cup captain.

Stan got a big  ovation in the end.

I am sure whatever the problem was, it's forgotten.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Would Stan be traveling with Federer and his family on Monday if it was something serious? Which he is. Doubt it.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Stan and Fed could hate each others guts and it would hardly matter at DC.   Stan just needs to win his singles and Fed his- and all is good.   They prob aren't playing doubles together anyway as Luthi will surely rest Fed if they are ahead 2-0 from Singles and knowing they just need the 1 singles win on Sunday or if they are behind, knowing he needs Stan and Fed to win Singles on Sunday.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:47 pm

yes, i think it's the mcenroes trying to create some stories. Nothing more.
I agree it was not good for Luthi to be in Fed's box....a week away from the dc final.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now....and I don't mind as France is on the other side!

Real sad though as I would have liked a good and fair fight.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Tenez wrote:yes, i think it's the mcenroes trying to create some stories. Nothing more.
I agree it was not good for Luthi to be in Fed's box....a week away from the dc final.
Maybe you're right and it was just McEnroe making things up... seems like a slightly odd thing for him to do though.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

It's bizarre Amri that the more Nadals' carreer continues to decline the more fanatical you are about him and hateful you get towards Federer.  All the while telling people "I really like Federer"  That's why as I say you are a joke on the other forum..    You join true nuts like Socal in insinuating that Fed ducked Djokovic to protect his H2H?  Really- even though the withdrawel is treated as a loss by the ATP in H2H.. That little fact doesn't stop you from throwing out a nonsense post like that.    You put out your little "well, this was prob a good decision for Federer" all the while taking sly swipes about how poor it is he withdrew.   You have posted no less than 5 times with different angles trying to say that Federer got into a fight with Stan over Mirka which is just laughable if you watched the match and have seen Federer and Stan's comments.   As I said in the other forum, in the 3rd set Stan shook his racquet and made threatening steps towards the same fan he was complaining aobut earlier.....   while the umpire was begging him to not confront the fan--  STan his actually threatening the person with his racquet.   All the while, Fed is looking on with no reaction.  You honestly think that Stan could do that to Mirka and Fed would just stand there?  That Fed would shake his hand, talk about in his presser how Stan was the better player and Fed "got lucky" to win, that STan was so great and he was sure he would be great at DC.  That sounds like someone talking about a person who was yelling at and threatening his wife?  smh...  Stan says Federer has invited him to travel with the Fed family on Monday to France and you think Federer would do that and Stan would accept minitutes after a fight over Mirka in the lockeroom as you keep suggesting.   You are nuts.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:46 pm

truffin wrote:You are nuts.
What's the use of personal name-calling ? If you disagree, that's ok, no need to call people names.


truffin wrote:That Fed would shake his hand, talk about in his presser how Stan was the better player and Fed "got lucky" to win, that STan was so great and he was sure he would be great at DC. That sounds like someone talking about a person who was yelling at and threatening his wife? smh... Stan says Federer has invited him to travel with the Fed family on Monday to France and you think Federer would do that and Stan would accept minitutes after a fight over Mirka in the lockeroom as you keep suggesting.
Look, even if they had got into an argument (and it wasn't just McEnroe who reported it, several new sites including the Telegraph, and the Sky commentators said their relationship needed some 'patching up over the next week'), there is still no way either Fed or Wawrinka would openly admit to it in the press conferences.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Tenez wrote: I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now....and I don't mind as France is on the other side!
Real sad though as I would have liked a good and fair fight.
Interesting... What makes you say that?

I talked to a French guy last night stuck in that bottleneck of postmatch queue for Jubilee line and we discussed the state of French tennis and why France has no "winners".
For some reason he believed in Tsonga the most.
I must have sounded very enthusiastic since he asked me if I was going to Lille!!!!

Btw, Benne&Vasse were terrible yesterday, couldn't return serves to save their lives, got bagelled in the first set.
The Bryans even had better groundstrokes Doh

I know they won French Open this year, but I really hope Clelmont chooses Llodra with someone else instead.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by summerblues on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now
Interesting... What makes you say that?
He is jinxing.

summerblues

Posts : 2864
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Fine, you've been pushing this stupid internet troll rumor tjat Stan was yelling at Mirka and they got into a fight over that. You've happily fed true nuts like SoCal and let him run with that nonsense. You- who are constantly crying that people spread things with out your precious evidence. Yet - when the whole world can see that Stan physically and with his racquet threatened the fan that he was complaining to the umpire about - you actually can't see that Feds actions in return make that a laughable asseetion. You don't think that federer standing there watching with no expression what so ever while Stan threatens someone with his racquet would be a strong indication that the person Stan was threatening was not Mirka? Do you even care that fans at the match were tweeting exactly who Stan was having issues with during the match? A lady sitting several rows and to the left of the federer box. No, you just keep throwing it out there in different ways that it must be Mirka since Stan said "she" and was looking in the General direction of the federer box area. Mirka would allow Stan and his family travel with her after being threatened by him and her husband getting into an argument over him.? You are nuts if you beleive that.

The strangest thing is , if it was actually true, fans like you and SoCal seem to think that stan threatening Federers wife is a negative reflection of federer. Where is the outrage that a tennis player would be threatening the wife of another player for cheering too loud. SoCal congratulates stan for threatning a woman? That's distrurbing fanatic behaviour. And you go right along with it.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now
Interesting... What makes you say that?
He is jinxing.

So we have a Mr Flirt and Mr Jinx now Laugh


Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm

There was more than one time I saw Stan interacting with someone in the stadium.
One was him turning around in the direction of Federer's box and commenting something. Another occasion was him really getting animated and pointing his racket.
There may have been more I didn't notice, but atleast those two times.

I think if Mirka was involved, as was reported by the Daily Telegraph reporter, it is obviously the first interaction that is being referred to.
Also frankly I didn't congratulate Stan at all, where did I congratulate Stan ?

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Truffin has a point.

I am sure everyone remembers the "Be quiet!" incident between Nole's parents and Fed in Monte Carlo (2008 I think).

Nole saw it as disrespectful towards his parents as it affected him to a point where he decided to retire in the middle of that match quoting common cold.


...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Truffin has a point.

I am sure everyone remembers the "Be quiet!" incident between Nole's parents and Fed in Monte Carlo (2008 I think).

Nole saw it as disrespectful towards his parents as it affected him to a point where he decided to retire in the middle of that match quoting common cold.

Fair observation, although I'm not sure if that's what Truffin was trying to say.
Do you think it's possible that Stan got annoyed with Mirka, and if so do you think it's possible that this was the reason for the argument between them ?

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Everything is possible...esp as Stan has a volcanic temper.
He looked quite aggressive, but I doubt he'd be like that towards the wife of his DC team-mate who gave him a hug at the net.
Mirka does come across as a bit of a chav, but she is a model of passivity and quietness, she rarely gets animated by anything...I remember her fiddling with the mobile phone while poor Fed had just won Wimbledon in 2012...
It was probably a fan...believe me, there are so many idiots there!
People get drunk and yell during serve, that kind of thing...

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now....and I don't mind as France is on the other side!
Real sad though as I would have liked a good and fair fight.
Interesting... What makes you say that?

I talked to a French guy last night stuck in that bottleneck of postmatch queue for Jubilee line and we discussed the state of French tennis and why France has no "winners".
For some reason he believed in Tsonga the most.
I must have sounded very enthusiastic since he asked me if I was going to Lille!!!!

Btw, Benne&Vasse were terrible yesterday, couldn't return serves to save their lives, got bagelled in the first set.
The Bryans even had better groundstrokes Doh

I know they won French Open this year, but I really hope Clelmont chooses Llodra with someone else instead.
I can't see Fed recovering in time for the DC.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:17 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now
Interesting... What makes you say that?
He is jinxing.
Well, I certainly would not like to jinx my country. I don't mind Fed never winning the DC.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by summerblues on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Tenez wrote:Well, I certainly would not like to jinx my country. I don't mind Fed never winning the DC.
On a separate note; who will you be rooting for? Will you be rooting for France - even for French players when they play Fed? Or will you be somewhat neutral? Or perhaps even leaning towards Switzerland?

summerblues

Posts : 2864
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:41 pm

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/roger-federer-stanislas-wawrinka-war-ahead-switzerlands-davis-cup-final-against-france-1475089

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:03 am

summerblues wrote:
Tenez wrote:Well, I certainly would not like to jinx my country. I don't mind Fed never winning the DC.
On a separate note; who will you be rooting for?  Will you be rooting for France - even for French players when they play Fed?  Or will you be somewhat neutral?  Or perhaps even leaning towards Switzerland?
Certainly a tough choice but DC is about nations so I'll be routing for France...but not sad if Fed wins.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:40 am

Ahh, the famous truthful and non rumor reporting of the British press. There you go amri- it was well established by fans there and reporting during the match that the Stan tirades were directed towards a woman fan sitting near the fed box. You said you saw Stan direct anger towards the box and later a nastier racquet waving at somone else. The article says the exchange in the 3rd set where Stan actually threatened to hit the person with his racquet and made steps towards that person was the exchange with Mirka. You beleive that nonsense? While fed watches and does nothing Stan threatened Mirka? Hugs him after, invites him to travel with him?

At best-,Stan threatened a woman fan with bodily harm. Will you start a thread about how horrible that is like you did abiut federer tossing some water bottles on the ground?
At worst- he actually threatened the wife of who he says is his best friend on tour.
Yet all you and the likes of SoCal want to talk about how fed is ducking djoko, how unfair it is everyone talks about nadals injuries, cry cry.
You stupidly say you have suspicions fed didn't play to preserve his head to head on djokovic ignoring the atp still counts it as a loss in the h2h. You can't even admit your fanatic nonsense there.

Frankly I'm disgusted you can talk and talk about what Stan did but show no disapproval that whether it was Mirka or not- Stan was threatening bodily harm towards a woman cheering for fed.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by summerblues on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:38 am

truffin1 wrote:ignoring the atp still counts it as a loss in the h2h
Are you sure?  I thought withdrawals were not being counted.

summerblues

Posts : 2864
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:58 am

Yep, withdrawals aren't counted in the H2H. It was Socal who gave that as a reason for Federer quitting, not me. I said it's because of his back injury. Bear in mind as well both Socal and myself can say things that are light hearted, that are obviously not serious (Socal also went on to blame Federer's lack of tampons for a reason for the withdrawal... but he doesn't actually believe that).
To mock Socal, I uploaded a picture of Djokovic holding a massive asterisk.

truffin wrote:Frankly I'm disgusted you can talk and talk about what Stan did but show no disapproval that whether it was Mirka or not- Stan was threatening bodily harm towards a woman cheering for fed.
I certainly don't think Stan put himself in the best light here.
Are you sure he actually threatened bodily harm ? I saw him getting animated a few times, sometimes very much so, but I've not so sure he actually threatened bodily harm. If he did, I'm 100% with you, it's disgraceful behaviour. (Irrelevant of who it was towards)

truffin wrote:While fed watches and does nothing Stan threatened Mirka? Hugs him after, invites him to travel with him?
If it happened that Wawrinka's actions did aggravate Federer (whatever Stan did), I see it as very likely that in public they would praise each other, and save any arguments for private. I doubt Federer or Stan would reveal any arguments in public conferences, infact they would go out of their way to hide it.


Last edited by Kim Jong-Un on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:05 am

truffin wrote:There you go amri- it was well established by fans there and reporting during the match that the Stan tirades were directed towards a woman fan sitting near the fed box.
This is very possible, I'm keeping an open mind about this. Do you have any links/new sites to back up this claim ?
Every news site I have read so far including the Telegraph, New York Times journalist, and Eurosport have implied it was towards Fed's box.
As I said earlier the Sky Sports commentators immediately said 'Wawrinka is having a word with someone in Federer's box' at the time it was going on.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 am



Here are some posts from the RF forum fans that where there. The group all in red sitting behind the Federer box.





"jmsf" wrote:

We were all together, krist, Charlotte, etc- right near the box- Stan said nothing to Mirka or Luthi. Lots of noisy fans around us though.

"Carolee" wrote:

One time early in the match,I thought Stan was talking to a linesperson @ a call.... but, the linesperson was standing near the Fed box so it looked like he was gesturing toward Mirka. I hope I am right. icon_cool.gif


"Inspire-a-generation" wrote:

i was in the disabled seating two rows from the front at the O2 for the Roger vs Stan match.. just behind Roger's team. Near everyone else Stan definitely complained directly on two separate occasions to the lady near to Mirka about her deliberately trying to put him off just prior to his service motion. He was absolutely irate and then went on to make the further inflammatory reference about Wimbledon. I don't believe Roger would have thought this was directed to Mirka.

"Inspire-a-generation" wrote:

just to clarify, I was not aware of Mirka, or anyone else
In the box having contact with Stan
Btw, the second time Stan complained, he was receiving and Roger was the one serving.


"vrazkar" wrote:

I see Mirkagate going on here too as well as on twitter and the press... Janell, Charlotte and Scarlett (all members of this forum) were sitting close and heard Stan talking to the linesmen. He was angry with his wrong call and told him not to just sit there and call it wrong. Later and on several occasions he was jawing at the fan above Mirka. She was near Charlotte but we don't know her. Scarlett Li's twitter where she posted about what she heard. I choose to believe her over any so called journalist.


Here's link to Scarlett's twitter account: http://twitter.com/scarlett_li

And here's one of her retweets:

Scarlett Li retweeted

Susie Reid @pandsreid · 7h 7 hours ago
@simonrbriggs @BenRothenberg rubbish! I sat just behind her and Rogers mum for that match! Absolutely nothing was said!

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 am

OK, from what I read some fans are saying Stan was talking to the lineperson/ lady near Mirkas box. 

I'm not sure I can 100% trust what tennis fans say on fan forums, but they do provide a different account.
Will add this onto v2.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: I am pretty sure they lose the dc final now....and I don't mind as France is on the other side!
Real sad though as I would have liked a good and fair fight.
Interesting... What makes you say that?
I can't see Fed recovering in time for the DC.
Looks like you may be right...

"I don't think he was calculating and trying to save his body for Davis Cup final,'' said Djokovic. ''This is probably the biggest match of the season next to the final of a Grand Slam. I spoke to him, it's a question mark for the Davis Cup final as well.''

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:36 am

some  more news on it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2837139/Roger-Federer-s-spat-Stan-Wawrinka-contributed-withdrawal-ATP-World-Finals-says-John-McEnroe.html

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2768
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:03 pm

He,he...good old Daily Mail: where there is smoke there is fire.
No, wait, who needs even smoke when Johnny Mac takes the stage Laugh

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Yes...Daily mail is such a joke.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:OK, from what I read some fans are saying Stan was talking to the lineperson/ lady near Mirkas box. 

I'm not sure I can 100% trust what tennis fans say on fan forums, but they do provide a different account.
Will add this onto v2.


These are the die hard fans from his forum that travel around and literly follow Federer around the globe.   They love Mirka to death.  IF Stan had been yelling at Mirka or said anything to her- they would be all over him for it.   They would be furious with him.  Mirka could stand up and start doing jumping jacks in front of Stan while he was serving and these fans would still turn on Stan for saying something to her.  On top of that- many of the ones commenting don't particulary like Stan mainly due to what some of the insiders see as poor  behavior by Stan towards his own wife and kids in the past. That's gossip for another day though. The fact that to the last one- they all say Stan did nothing wrong towards Mirka is pretty concrete evidence.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:33 pm

truffin if you noticed I reported what you said about that earlier on v2, to give a balanced argument.

These fans sound trustworthy, but it could have been that they simply made a mistake, or they like Stan too and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

btw- what is your theory on what happened ?
At the moment from the evidence I've seen, I don't think Stan got annoyed with Mirka, but I think they (i.e. Roger and stan) must have had a pretty heated argument in the locker room after the match, for another reason.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:truffin if you noticed I reported what you said about that earlier on v2, to give a balanced argument.

These fans sound trustworthy, but it could have been that they simply made a mistake, or they like Stan too and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

btw- what is your theory on what happened ?
At the moment from the evidence I've seen, I don't think Stan got annoyed with Mirka, but I think they (i.e. Roger and stan) must have had a pretty heated argument in the locker room after the match, for another reason.

they really don't like Stan :-)... That's why I know it can be trusted....  They would turn on him in a second if they could.  also, there was much discussion during the match on the match thread about how Stan was jarring at the linespeople and fans...  Not one said he was saying something towards Mirka.

I don't know where this "heated argument stuff" came from.  McEnroe said it was a long talk- he never says heated arguement.   The famous sensationalist British press ran with it but I haven't seen anything to indicate there was an argument.    Stan said they met in the locker room and didn't even talk about the match but made plans for next week at the DC. Said Roger had invited him to travel with the family on Monday.  Federer in his presser which was supposedly after the talk looked tired, but has nothing but good things to say about Stan.

We also know that Federer was battling the back issue in prematch practice and had tweaked it, so he was probably not feeling all that great either.

In terms of what was going on in the lockeroom... Here is another theory which makes sense to me knowing Stans past issues with confidence and DC nerves.   Luthi on Sunday walked by the Federer fan group and Krist who is one of the mainstays of the forum and has a somewhat personal relationship with the Federer entourage asked him what was going on between Fed and Stan, and Luthi of course kind of brushed it off and didn't reveal anything but said to her in German-   "Roger is a good shoulder to cry on"............

Could Stan have been emotionally distraught? Frustrated with the match and stressing about the weight of the DC... Yelling and upset which some people heard outside the lockerroom, and Federer was just dealing with that--  letting him vent, trying to keeps him on the ledge so to speak to prop him up for DC?   Federer even said in his presser, he was hoping Stan would end up taking the good from the week......   Perhaps Federer was just being a friend and even though tired and hurting-  let his friend "cry on his shoulder"

and to what McEnroe said-- maybe that was a long talk that did drag on for a long time while Fed was tired and hurting and it did lead to him not getting quick treatment and fatique which I know from years and years of dealing with it-- exacerbates a bad back greatly.

This makes a heck of a lot sense to me than Mirka who we've watched for years and years quietly cheer on Federer and is somewhat known as a subdued person, and the Federer box which is universally praised as being classy and are all good friend of Stans  making noises that would try and distract Stan.    Then Stan with no reaction from Federer shouting at and shaking his racquet at Mirka/the box-- and taking steps towards them while the umpire pleads with him "stan, no, stan don't"    That's seems so unbelievably out of character.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Tenez on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:37 pm

ouahh...much ado about nothing here.

Even if Stan was addressing Mirka and Fed and Stan got into an argument after the match....so what? Under the pressure of an intense match like that anything can happen.

Personally I am not bothered but the fact that Stan is flying back home with Fed's family is enough to say that even there was an argument, it was not a big one.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:49 pm

truffin wrote:In terms of what was going on in the lockeroom... Here is another theory which makes sense to me knowing Stans past issues with confidence and DC nerves. Luthi on Sunday walked by the Federer fan group and Krist who is one of the mainstays of the forum and has a somewhat personal relationship with the Federer entourage asked him what was going on between Fed and Stan, and Luthi of course kind of brushed it off and didn't reveal anything but said to her in German- "Roger is a good shoulder to cry on"............

Could Stan have been emotionally distraught? Frustrated with the match and stressing about the weight of the DC... Yelling and upset which some people heard outside the lockerroom, and Federer was just dealing with that-- letting him vent, trying to keeps him on the ledge so to speak to prop him up for DC? Federer even said in his presser, he was hoping Stan would end up taking the good from the week...... Perhaps Federer was just being a friend and even though tired and hurting- let his friend "cry on his shoulder"
That is an interesting theory which puts a twist on it, hmm. When it comes to internet forums, I'm not sure I can 100% trust it, but to be fair the same can be said of the press.

TEnez wrote:Personally I am not bothered but the fact that Stan is flying back home with Fed's family is enough to say that even there was an argument, it was not a big one.
What's the evidence Stan did fly home with Federer's family ?

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Truffin, I know you don't have much time for the British press, but reports today say there were eyewitnesses who saw Federer and Wawrinka having a heated argument in the backstage area, and they were then moved to a private room which had been converted to a gym.
The eyewitnesses of quite a few in the British press seem to be pretty close to what McEnroe was saying, so I think something did probably happen.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Truffin, I know you don't have much time for the British press, but reports today say there were eyewitnesses who saw Federer and Wawrinka having a heated argument in the backstage area, and they were then moved to a private room which had been converted to a gym.
The eyewitnesses of quite a few in the British press seem to be pretty close to what McEnroe was saying, so I think something did probably happen.

Have you ever had someone close to you emotionally distraught or upset about something and you were trying to let them vent, or help them through it- maybe getting upset  yourself?  I could certainly see where someone witnessing it could mistake the situation as an actual argument between two people.   I think any outsider would see it that way.

I have witnessed tons of athletes agitated and upset over losses, etc-- and they many times take it out on those closest to them.   Yelling at the person when they really are upset with themselves.   A reporter witnessing it would always take the angle that it's an argument.   Yesterday was NFL day in the USA- if you ever visited a lockerroom after a loss which I've prob been in over 100 of them-   every week you will see what think is an argument that really isn't.  You will see guys as close as brothers raising their voices at each other, then walking out to go have dinner together.   Once again- so many fans don't understand that real life goes on in sports and these people are human.  Stan might be yelling at Federer about something that has nothing to do with Federer or tennis.. just venting.

I don't know what the reality of the situation is-- but nothing I have seen from the press gives any more evidence that it was an actual argument between them vs Stan upset and Federer just trying to talk him off the ledge so to speak..     which a "shoulder to cry on  " comment would make sense.

Whatever it was, I am positive it wasn't over Mirka trying to interfere with Stan's game which is just ridiculous if you really think about it, and really the story is already so boring I am done with it.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by truffin1 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Truffin, I know you don't have much time for the British press, but reports today say there were eyewitnesses who saw Federer and Wawrinka having a heated argument in the backstage area, and they were then moved to a private room which had been converted to a gym.
The eyewitnesses of quite a few in the British press seem to be pretty close to what McEnroe was saying, so I think something did probably happen.

Have you ever had someone close to you emotionally distraught or upset about something and you were trying to let them vent, or help them through it- maybe getting upset  yourself?  I could certainly see where someone witnessing it could mistake the situation as an actual argument between two people.   I think any outsider would see it that way.

I have witnessed tons of athletes agitated and upset over losses, etc-- and they many times take it out on those closest to them.   Yelling at the person when they really are upset with themselves.   A reporter witnessing it would always take the angle that it's an argument.   Yesterday was NFL day in the USA- if you ever visited a lockerroom after a loss which I've prob been in over 100 of them-   every week you will see what think is an argument that really isn't.  You will see guys as close as brothers raising their voices at each other, then walking out to go have dinner together.   Once again- so many fans don't understand that real life goes on in sports and these people are human.  Stan might be yelling at Federer about something that has nothing to do with Federer or tennis.. just venting.

I don't know what the reality of the situation is-- but nothing I have seen from the press gives any more evidence that it was an actual argument between them vs Stan upset and Federer just trying to talk him off the ledge so to speak..     which a "shoulder to cry on  " comment would make sense.

Whatever it was, I am positive it wasn't over Mirka trying to interfere with Stan's game which is just ridiculous if you really think about it, and really the story is already so boring I am done with it.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 pm

truffin wrote:Have you ever had someone close to you emotionally distraught or upset about something and you were trying to let them vent, or help them through it- maybe getting upset yourself? I could certainly see where someone witnessing it could mistake the situation as an actual argument between two people. I think any outsider would see it that way.

I have witnessed tons of athletes agitated and upset over losses, etc-- and they many times take it out on those closest to them. Yelling at the person when they really are upset with themselves.
The source according to the Mail saw the pair arguing, and then led to the private room by the tour officials.
I think it's possible your theory is correct, but in my opinion it's fairly unlikely.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Also just saw this:

truffin wrote:and to what McEnroe said-- maybe that was a long talk that did drag on for a long time while Fed was tired and hurting and it did lead to him not getting quick treatment and fatique which I know from years and years of dealing with it-- exacerbates a bad back greatly.
This is an interesting possibility, and what McEnroe was alluding to, the long talk with Stan (whatever the nature of it) may have worsened Federer's back.
I don't personally think it made a huge difference, but I can see where yourself and J-Mac are coming from.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Tenez wrote:ouahh...much ado about nothing here.

Even if Stan was addressing Mirka and Fed and Stan got into an argument after the match....so what? Under the pressure of an intense match like that anything can happen.

Personally I am not bothered but the fact that Stan is flying back home with Fed's family is enough to say that even there was an argument, it was not a big one.

Yes...that's about it...who cares...

The annoying thing is media's urge to destruct...I am glad Fed stuck it to them and never event went to the press conference after the match, rather apologised to fans on court, in person.
He must loathe them...the cheap, talentless mediocre paper-pushers looking for every opportunity to twist, lie and destroy.

I think in one of the pressers this week Fed even pleaded with them not to go for the tournament, not to write so badly about it, telling the, it would damage the sport...he really loves it.
I wish he got the job of ATP boss one day, I think he'll actually go for it.




...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Polly 81 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Haven't read much of the thread, but whatever happened, who cares?! You only need to have a look at Wawrinka's twitter page to see this is a storm in a teacup. Have a look, scroll down, gain some perspective…

https://twitter.com/stanwawrinka

Polly 81

Posts : 340
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by DECIMA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:28 pm

If you don't want to comment on a thread, you don't have to Winking

As for the twitter picture... come on, obviously if they had a spat they wouldn't show it on twitter, in fact it's likely the PR advisors would want them to compensate and show them as best buddies.

DECIMA

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by summerblues on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:44 am

Tenez wrote:ouahh...much ado about nothing here.

Even if Stan was addressing Mirka and Fed and Stan got into an argument after the match....so what?
Exactly.

summerblues

Posts : 2864
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by ... on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 am

I suppose journalists had to dig out something since there was no final to write about.

To me, the biggest news was Federer's withdrawal.

I could have not predicted that in a million years.
It's still feels unreal. And so bad knowing why he did it.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McEnroe: Federer and Wawrinka got into a late night argument after the semi

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum