Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award

3 posters

Go down

edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award Empty I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award

Post by N2D2L Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Now you may have noticed that the nominees are out for the Edberg award. The nominees are decided by the world famous ATP council, and then the players on the tour vote on their choice.

However what you may not know, is that I am on the ATP Council. When they all sit round the desk they leave one seat empty, and then proceed to keep a laptop on it and have video-call me on Skype so I am basically present. The rule is I get to choose one player, or I nuke Switzerland.

This year I've decided to choose Marin Cilic (for those who are wondering... he is indeed on the shortlist of nominees), as I believe Cilic's values represent everything of what tennis sportsmanship is about. Unfortunately appendicitis and wrist problems kept him out for a while in 2013, but now he's come back and his sportsmanship is still on top form ! Allez Marin !

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award Empty Re: I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 pm

I haven't noticed any awards...too busy playing and watching tennis.

But now that you have brought it to OTF's attention, sorry Kimmy, I disagree with your choice.

I nominate Viktor Troicki.

We all know you are bluffing your nuking of Switzerland...your cash is there safely stashed away under the name of Larry Santamaria de Fuentes.

Don't ask me how I know...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

edberg - I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award Empty Re: I nominate Marin Cilic for Edberg Award

Post by N2D2L Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
We all know you are bluffing your nuking of Switzerland...your cash is there safely stashed away under the name of Larry Santamaria de Fuentes.

Don't ask me how I know...
Bloody hell how did you find out.
It must be my housekeeper, she keeps leaking secrets she finds out while she is cleaning my private jets. Time to send her to the gallows.

noleisthebest wrote:I nominate Viktor Troicki.
I'll consider him for next year, interesting choice; he has done a few things which stand out in terms of the values I'm looking for (the sort which led me to nominate Cilic).

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:46 am

(Not sure if it's just me that noticed the irony here... this forum have people raging with allegations and accusations about steroids- but when a guy who gets caught and then the next year goes on to a slam and surge in rankings gets nominated for the Edberg Award- no one mentions a thing. It proves it- no one cares about steroids- the only thing they care about is Nadal and the fact he beats Federer and desperately clinging at straws 'oooh he beat my idol Wah He couldn't have done it without cheating waah' )

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:53 am

They cannot be serious with this! I mean come on!!! WHY ATP WHY?!?!?! 
DO they have a statement for his nomination? 
Crazy.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 am

luvsports! wrote:They cannot be serious with this! I mean come on!!! WHY ATP WHY?!?!?! 
DO they have a statement for his nomination? 
Crazy.
Yes the good news is they do indeed have a statement; it's from my press officer here in Pyongyang:

Kim Jong-Un, the 13th member of the ATP Council, would like to reassure tennis fans across the world that Marin Cilic has been nominated for this award in a fair and democratic process. The council has been very impressed by Cilic's behaviour in the past few years; Edberg himself has spoken to us via a Korean translator to tell us that he would like to emulate Cilic's sportsmanship one day. These allegations that the North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un has selected Cilic with a threat of nuking Switzerland is totally untrue, and if these allegations are continued to be made, we can reassure you that we will nuke Bulgaria until you all stop.
Thanks,
North Korea Public Relations Team

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down