Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Grass - 2017
Today at 11:16 am by Veejay

» U.S Election
Today at 11:14 am by Veejay

» Why test sportspeople for cocaine?
Today at 11:02 am by Veejay

» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Today at 10:37 am by gallery play

» I can't fucking stand Zverev's game
Today at 10:12 am by gallery play

» Wimbledon 2017 Talk
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 pm by legendkillar

» Grass Season - Expectations
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:55 am by DECIMA

» Cristiano Ronaldo statue
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm by Veejay

» Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:15 am by Daniel

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 pm

US Open draw to start at 12.00 ET, 17.00 BST and live streaming available on USO website:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/console/console.html?ts=1345737616484&video=&syn=&db=false&ref=www.usopen.org/index.html&alt=

http://www.usopen.org/index.html

Men's Singles Draw:

msdraw (1).pdf

Top half : Federer, Murray, Berdych, Tsonga
Bottom half: Djokovic, Ferrer, Del Potro, Tisparevic

Projected quarters:

Federer (1) vs Berdych (6)
Murray (3) vs Tsonga (5)
Djokovic (2) vs Del Potro (7)
Ferrer (4) vs Tipsarevic (8)

Interesting first round matches:

Nalbandian-Del Potro, Kohlschreiber - Llodra, Dimitrov-Paire, Gulbis-Haas, Strakhovski-Wawrinka



Go, Noleeeeeee


Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 pm

"Greats" predictions:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/sport/tennis/murray-wilander-us-open-tennis/index.html
Ivanisevic, Wilander: Murray
Courier: Djokovic

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Anyone watching?

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by sphairistike on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Trying to but super slow (at work). Seems Murray is on Federer's half!

sphairistike

Posts : 501
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

MURRAY IN FEDERER'S HALF !!!

Nalbandian Del Potro play the first round.

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 pm

According to live USO website, commentators Federer theoretically plays second semi-final on Saturday.

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by sphairistike on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm

No, that would be unfair. He's top seed, he should be playing first.

sphairistike

Posts : 501
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Tipsarevic and Troicki in Djokovic's quarter who first plays P. Lorenzi.
Federer plays Donald Young in the first round. Poor Donald, just snapped his 17 match losing streak

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Projected quarters:

Federer-Berdych, Murray-Tsonga, Tipsarevic-Ferrer, del Potro-Djokovic.

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Murray playing Bogmomolov in the 1st round

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Defending champions Stosur and Djokovic in the Press Room answering journalists' questions, Nole looking happy

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Nole answering "THE" question , he,he....in a very politically correct manner

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Projected round 16 (bottom half)

Tipsarevic vs Isner
Gasquet Ferrer
Del Potro Monaco
Dolgopolov Djokovic

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Federer's projected route to the final:
Young, Phau, Verdasco, Simon, Berdych, Murray, Djokovic

Murray's projected rout to the final:
Bogomolov, Dodig, Lopez, Raonic, Tsonga, Federer, Djokovic

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Final played on Sunday, the 9th of September

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by Tenez on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 am

Thanks for that....again I was travelling today and missed it all.

SO NITB.....what about your draw prediction? Winking

Tenez

Posts : 15987
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by SayonaRa on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:29 am

, just another perspective of the draw to share with all.
Below I cut and pasted a relevant post from one of my favorite BR
writers Branirmir Lliev here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308449-us-open-tennis-2012-draw-breaking-down-the-road-for-top-stars:


“Flukervic's draw is almost as cupcaky as Nadull's in 2010. He gets an
injured 50% Delpo and vulture extroardinaire/2nd tier player Ferrer whose
bending over in the semis should put some adult film stars to shame.


Meanwhile, Federer gets Fish who excels on these type of courts. Berdych who
always pushes himself 5000% when facing the maestro, then an exhausting semis
session with Pushray late on Silly Saturday and then a fresh, 25 yo Flukervic
casually waiting to finish off a spent grandpa..


Gee, thanks USO! Really what better way to protect your Americans' USO
records than to royally screw over that Swiss guy. And as if your intentions
haven't been made crystal clear why don't you send us all a memo next time?


Something along the lines: "We don't want Federer winning another USO.
We hate his guts. That's it. Deal with it. Sincerely and with Love, the
administrative Clowns at Flushing Meadows." Because I'm sure that Federer
too would at least like to get kissed while getting #*#$*#.”


Djoko better win this one.

But I don’t believe in soft or hard draw on
paper. I believe in destiny and a player proving his worth and his will to win,
regardless. If Fed is meant to get his 18th and truly up to the task,
he’ll get the trophy regardless, Murray or no Murray.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:58 am

Flukervic??? Does that mean Djokovic Fluked his 2011 and early 2012? By this definition even Nadal fluked his 2008 and early 2009. He also fluked his 2010. I won't say that at all. One can't fluke so many wins. If it was about a few close matches I can say maybe, but for so long? I don't think so. Djokovic sure was riding on the confidence and form which got him so much success. If he can't keep it for many years together, it doesn't mean what he achieved becomes a fluke. How many players in the history of tennis have been able to keep their dominance for years together? Apart from Connors and Fed I don't see anyone else.


Don't look too much into this initial draw. Let the matches start and then we can see how the path for 'contenders' span out.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by Tenez on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 am

No, I don;t think the USO rigged anything this year. When the organiser spoke to defend the ESPN study, it was clear they were under lots of pressure and woudl not try to mess this time., the guy even said that this year will prove otherwise (or something like that)...Had Nadal entered it, I actually think they would/could have rigged it to disprove the rumours and previous studies....like forcing Nadal and Djoko in the same draw.

Tenez

Posts : 15987
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 am

Tenez wrote:Thanks for that....again I was travelling today and missed it all.

SO NITB.....what about your draw prediction?
Tu quoque Brute, fili mi!

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 am

SR wrote: , just another perspective of the draw to share with all.
Below I cut and pasted a relevant post from one of my favorite BR
writers Branirmir Lliev here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308449-us-open-tennis-2012-draw-breaking-down-the-road-for-top-stars:


“Flukervic's draw is almost as cupcaky as Nadull's in 2010. He gets an
injured 50% Delpo and vulture extroardinaire/2nd tier player Ferrer whose
bending over in the semis should put some adult film stars to shame.


Meanwhile, Federer gets Fish who excels on these type of courts. Berdych who
always pushes himself 5000% when facing the maestro, then an exhausting semis
session with Pushray late on Silly Saturday and then a fresh, 25 yo Flukervic
casually waiting to finish off a spent grandpa..


Gee, thanks USO! Really what better way to protect your Americans' USO
records than to royally screw over that Swiss guy. And as if your intentions
haven't been made crystal clear why don't you send us all a memo next time?


Something along the lines: "We don't want Federer winning another USO.
We hate his guts. That's it. Deal with it. Sincerely and with Love, the
administrative Clowns at Flushing Meadows." Because I'm sure that Federer
too would at least like to get kissed while getting #*#$*#.”


Djoko better win this one.

But I don’t believe in soft or hard draw on
paper. I believe in destiny and a player proving his worth and his will to win,
regardless. If Fed is meant to get his 18th and truly up to the task,
he’ll get the trophy regardless, Murray or no Murray.

Hi SR!

I cannot begin to express how happy I am for Flukerovic...at laaaaast he's got a decent draw

I don't think Fed has a bad draw until the semis, in fact. Murray's one is the worst (but not too bad) and Ferrer's the easiest.

Novak and Fed played semifinals at USO FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS!!!!!!
It's about time they met in the final like in 2007...

Although, I really look forward to seeing Fed take on Murray in the semis esp after their last two matches in SW19 this summer.

Yes, Nole'd better not lose that opener against Lorenzi Winking

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:18 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, Nole'd better not lose that opener against Lorenzi Winking

I think Lorenzi had to eat 2 donut in his match against Djokovic this year at AO. And he could hold his serve only once in the whole match ( 1 Break he had). Any chance to turn it around? Laugh




raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
I cannot begin to express how happy I am for Flukerovic...at laaaaast he's got a decent draw

I don't think Fed has a bad draw until the semis, in fact. Murray's one is the worst (but not too bad) and Ferrer's the easiest.

Good you are happy. I'm not complaining either.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:36 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
I cannot begin to express how happy I am for Flukerovic...at laaaaast he's got a decent draw

I don't think Fed has a bad draw until the semis, in fact. Murray's one is the worst (but not too bad) and Ferrer's the easiest.

Good you are happy. I'm not complaining either.

To draw fixing conspiracy theorists

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by Tenez on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Thanks for that....again I was travelling today and missed it all.

SO NITB.....what about your draw prediction?
Tu quoque Brute, fili mi!

Yes because it is almost impossible to draw some rigging conclusion out of a single draw. Of course I believe draws were rigged in the past. It woudl be absurd and puerile not to think so...a bit like still thinking LA never doped and believe he is innocent (as he maintains). But I do think that the USO was a bit under stress this year to rig it.

Tenez

Posts : 15987
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Thanks for that....again I was travelling today and missed it all.

SO NITB.....what about your draw prediction?
Tu quoque Brute, fili mi!

Yes because it is almost impossible to draw some rigging conclusion out of a single draw. Of course I believe draws were rigged in the past. It woudl be absurd and puerile not to think so...a bit like still thinking LA never doped and believe he is innocent (as he maintains). But I do think that the USO was a bit under stress this year to rig it.


I know, that's why I'm happy, It was about time.... I wonder if it was all just for Nadal's sake exclusively. We'll have to wait and see, although, the main damage had already been done.
I think even Nadal knows he's overachieved.

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by SayonaRa on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Tenez wrote:No, I don;t think the USO rigged anything this year. When the organiser spoke to defend the ESPN study, it was clear they were under lots of pressure and woudl not try to mess this time., the guy even said that this year will prove otherwise (or something like that)...Had Nadal entered it, I actually think they would/could have rigged it to disprove the rumours and previous studies....like forcing Nadal and Djoko in the same draw.

I’m not bothered either way. Rigged or not rigged is a
non-issue for me. But I actually don’t mind Fed getting a tough draw. The
tougher the better to prove his worth and the sweeter the win. The players play whoever happens to be on the other side
of the net on a given day. Did anyone predict nadal’s 2nd round loss
and roger beating djoko and the local favorite son to win Wimby? Why do we assume such
an unpredictable murray is going to
turn up at the semi? Didn’t Wawrinka beat him in the 3rd round USO
last year or two?Ultimately,
anything can happen.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by SayonaRa on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:03 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
SR wrote: , just another perspective of the draw to share with all.
Below I cut and pasted a relevant post from one of my favorite BR
writers Branirmir Lliev here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308449-us-open-tennis-2012-draw-breaking-down-the-road-for-top-stars:


“Flukervic's draw is almost as cupcaky as Nadull's in 2010. He gets an
injured 50% Delpo and vulture extroardinaire/2nd tier player Ferrer whose
bending over in the semis should put some adult film stars to shame.


Meanwhile, Federer gets Fish who excels on these type of courts. Berdych who
always pushes himself 5000% when facing the maestro, then an exhausting semis
session with Pushray late on Silly Saturday and then a fresh, 25 yo Flukervic
casually waiting to finish off a spent grandpa..


Gee, thanks USO! Really what better way to protect your Americans' USO
records than to royally screw over that Swiss guy. And as if your intentions
haven't been made crystal clear why don't you send us all a memo next time?


Something along the lines: "We don't want Federer winning another USO.
We hate his guts. That's it. Deal with it. Sincerely and with Love, the
administrative Clowns at Flushing Meadows." Because I'm sure that Federer
too would at least like to get kissed while getting #*#$*#.”


Djoko better win this one.

But I don’t believe in soft or hard draw on
paper. I believe in destiny and a player proving his worth and his will to win,
regardless. If Fed is meant to get his 18th and truly up to the task,
he’ll get the trophy regardless, Murray or no Murray.

Hi SR!

I cannot begin to express how happy I am for Flukerovic...at laaaaast he's got a decent draw

I don't think Fed has a bad draw until the semis, in fact. Murray's one is the worst (but not too bad) and Ferrer's the easiest.

Novak and Fed played semifinals at USO FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS!!!!!!
It's about time they met in the final like in 2007...

Although, I really look forward to seeing Fed take on Murray in the semis esp after their last two matches in SW19 this summer.

Yes, Nole'd better not lose that opener against Lorenzi


Oh, my dear, long-suffering Noley. A change of scene and happiness at last .
Somehow I don't perceive murray a real threat for fed in in a slam, even after winning his OG. Sustained consistency has always been his problem. He may prove me wrong in NY. Fed has so much success I feel greedy and a little guilty only wanting him to win.

Now no more talk of rigged draws. Lots of suspense. May the best man wins.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:53 pm

SR wrote:
Oh, my dear, long-suffering Noley. A change of scene and happiness at last .
Somehow I don't perceive murray a real threat for fed in in a slam, even after winning his OG. Sustained consistency has always been his problem. He may prove me wrong in NY. Fed has so much success I feel greedy and a little guilty only wanting him to win.

Now no more talk of rigged draws. Lots of suspense. May the best man wins.

I tell you what! I jolly well suffered BIG time. It was about timethe misery ended. and may The Best win indeed

Plus may we all enjoy some memorable matches and have plenty to yak about afterwards Winking

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Rosol never made it through the quallies, out in the last round

Maybe he just wasn't motivated enough with Nadal not being there....

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by paulcz on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks for USO organizers to bring this draw Without Nadal in draw there is no chance to have both players with NIKE´s apparel.

It was my wishful draw for USO, I need to admit. The semi between Fed and Andy again, that will be a draining fight. Here I believe in Andy or rather want him to win it. I must repeat it, Nole, I see that your time will come here again Let us start to play in meadows

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by ... on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:53 pm

I really look forward to Fed Murray semi final as well as Nole playing either in the final.
That's my preferred choice, I don't mind if any other player carves their way to the trophy.
With Nadal out of the picture, tennis skies look so sunny and blue

(sorry to any Nadal fans, but you know I says it as it is )

...

Posts : 23863
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by paulcz on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I really look forward to Fed Murray semi final as well as Nole playing either in the final.
That's my preferred choice, I don't mind if any other player carves their way to the trophy.
With Nadal out of the picture, tennis skies look so sunny and blue

(sorry to any Nadal fans, but you know I says it as it is )

I can not wait for this semi as well and hope we will see them in it. But when looking at Berdych´s form, he seems to get to his good form, so that this QF between Fed and Berd could be a fierce battle. Once time Berd must show the best from him and Rosol is not in the main draw

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US OPEN 2012: THE DRAW (Murray in Federer's Half!)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum