Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Armstrong might lose all his titles!

+9
noleisthebest
mikeyM1000
Larry Ellison
SayonaRa
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
laverfan
paulcz
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 Empty Re: Armstrong might lose all his titles!

Post by luvsports! Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Many sponsors have left it, he doesn't have much else to cling on to, imo its deffo stubbornness and pride.

He vilified every single person who went after him with court settlements, bribes, threats etc.
just the pitts.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 Empty Re: Armstrong might lose all his titles!

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 am

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 am

And I thought he has already reached the rock bottom Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2786941968

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 am

i wonder what he will say, can't wait!

he wont say anything though, oprah will ask such rubbish questions like "is it hard cycling? i once did a 20 miler for charity that was really hard mmmm yes, want a hug?"

Its just a chance for both to make loads of money. Why can't they get a good, hard hitting interviewer eh?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am

luvsports! wrote: Why can't they get a good, hard hitting interviewer eh?
I think despite what people say and like to think of themselves, very few actually have stomach for hearing and handling the truth.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Well...A lot of athletes who have finally admitted to doping have been pretty helpful in chasing other dopers. Maybe LA will all surprise us and start to question doping in other sports....such as tennis.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm

but then he would risk going to jail and have so many lawsuits against him, what has he got to gain from this?!?!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm

luvsports! wrote:but then he would risk going to jail and have so many lawsuits against him, what has he got to gain from this?!?!

He's the sort of guy who'd grass everyone he knew just for one more chance to ride TdF

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Not sure...if all the fake glory one built over the years collapses, then might come a sense to do everything right from scratch. Landis did not lose any lawsuit (wasn't even taken to court if I m correct) cause dopers know that the trial and the possible evidence would do even more damage.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 pm

hes been banned for life. He's a sociopathic liar, a megalomaniac and a complete tool but he isn't stupid. He will know exactly what to say, how to spin it to his advantage and make sure he gets more out of it than it gets out of him!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20964728

YOu see LS, WADA is made of repentant dopers (Millar, DeCanio...)...maybe LA soon! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:40 pm

lance is a different animal bud

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 am

I would love to be proven wrong but I think DeCanio got it right:

He is basically going to do and say anything that will mean that you can still buy a candy bar with his face on it or a bicycle that he endorses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20964728

So, if he thinks that confession is what does him most good, he will confess, if he thinks the denial will work better, he will go on denying...

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

SB,

Now that you've had this lovely long off season break from tennis forums, how about you do one nice Points Spy here?
Nadal is foing to drop 1200 points ( and that's just from AO)
so it would be good to know how things could look like Whistle
It doesn't have to be anything fancy!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:39 pm

And there’s a wrinkle: Armstrong, should he confess, would have committed perjury during the SCA arbitration when he denied having doped in a deposition he gave in Austin’s federal court on Nov. 30, 2005. The problem for SCA — and federal investigators? The courts aren’t likely to see it that way. Any sort of attack on Armstrong for perjury would likely be blocked by the statue of limitations.

“Under Texas law, it seems that the statute of limitations for perjury is two or three years. He’s likely off the hook on the perjury prosecution,” Stichel said.

maybe he will confess then. http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/analysis/analysis-the-legal-twilight-of-an-armstrong-confession_270929

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Sorry if this may sound a bit Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2786941968, but who needs Armstrong to confess anything?
I mean, hasn't he already been proven a mega doper?

What exactly is going to change if he does confess? What new thing can he add around his neck which already isn't hanging there?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

not at all its a good question.

Well if he confesses he is open to more lawsuits who have been wronged and cheated by him i.e. sunday times and another company for up to $15m.

The whole cycling community needs it!
If he tells all and properly tells all he could change everything in the sport.
All the dealings with the UCI, the omerta, how to beat the doping system, those involved in beating it, the current practices, the federations involved and so many jobs and livelihoods are at stake, it could be HUGE!!!

On a side note he wants to go back into competing again, but even with a reduced ban it will still be another 8 years so he will be 50!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Do you think he should be given a new chance if he comes 100% clean?
Also, how good would he be if he competed 100% clean (provided all the others were totally clean, as well), and how would we know he/' they were clean, if they are all officially "clean" at the moment, yet we know/suspect they are not.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 pm

nope, this year at the tour de france's 100 edition all the past riders who are living are being invited to watch the final stage at the champs elysee. I don't want lance anywhere near that place and i don't think they will let him!

The lengths he went to are just shocking. I read the 200 page report, couldn't find the 1000 page one and it is just mind boggling, left me speechless and he should be treated with as much vitriol and contempt as humanly possible.

Well they say armstrong started taking drugs as far back as 95 (hes results improved markedly until he got cancer (some say it was because of the drugs that led to it).

There is no way in saying bud, lance was a very good athlete no doubt but he was tailored for the classics and monuments (1 day events) he couldn't climb, TT was ok and he couldn't sprint. He won the world championships at 21 so he was very capable. He proved on his own patch he was the best (not saying much) but he didn't finish the tdf most of the time! Everyone was on drugs then which led him to cheating so I really don't know, he did recently get beat by a 16 year old in a bike race :P/

I feel cycling is improving but it isn't as clean as everyone says and it alarms me that many current cyclists say that was then this is now!
And many more still support him, funnily enough quite a few ex dopers and indurain (for me deffo on the hot sauce).

Dr michael ashenden is convinced the omerta is under a new sophisticated guise but it can be stopped with financial repercussions, an amnesty approach and trust that they wont be ostracized for their honesty (that involves the UCI which is not good news!).

That is the problem, anti doping own its own isn't going to get it done. You need more funding, increased governing body help, make it a part of the national govt's obligations, police help, independent doping commissions and agencies and that is such a long way off.
Its slow progress, oh so slow.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks LS.
For some funny reason, I think that cycling should be the easiest sport to clean despite the fact that cyclist, of all athletes, benefit most from doping.
If they really wanted to do it, they could, couldn't they?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

wow haha thats a tough question and one im not sure i can answer Sad.

There is so much hyperbole and conjecture in this as we the spectator don't have a clue. The riders know whats going on, the staff do but we don't.

I guess they just need more funding and a lot of it. I get your point but maybe as cycling is such a physically gruelling sport (where you are more likely to take drugs) those trying to beat the system are more advanced than those in other sports.

Honestly don't know soz.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:39 pm

I think there is a way to stop doping. Allocate 10 people following everyday one of the 10 top cyclers each (woudl work for any sport). With blood once a day and urine 2 or 3 times a day. If the athlete can stay at teh top for 3 months of this harsh testing then we could lax the rule for him. What will be interesting is see how those top fare during the period versus those who are not being tested so drastically. Since the money is really for the top players it justifies the costs. They have Physios, doctors, etc...following them everyday so it woudl not be such inconvenient...bar the fact they would become human again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm

is this feasible across the whole tour? every single race or day? the funding would have to sky rocket for that to happen.
Out of competition testing needs to be stepped up deffo and it has to be stricter and more stringent.
An independent anti doping org needs to be set up that has sufficient funds, resources and competent enough people to do both blood and urine testing (think wada or the ioc only do urine!).

Perhaps an incremental improvement but im not sure such a radical change is realistic Sad

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Actually no. £50k salary a year plus 50k Expenses = £100k * 10 athletes = £1M. Another £1M would be spent for random testing for the lower ranked players. Some players travel with their stingers....so surely they could afford a tester too.

Do we know what is the anti-doping budget for the ITF/ATP/WTA?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 pm

ah soz thought u were talking about cycling.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Would it be different? Same principle.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

well some sports have more money than others right?
i heard that $1.3m was spent on anti doping in tennis this year (again less than their actual budget).

I still think its quite a big effort and most will say its too expensive even if it isn't.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

luvsports! wrote:well some sports have more money than others right?
i heard that $1.3m was spent on anti doping in tennis this year (again less than their actual budget).

I still think its quite a big effort and most will say its too expensive even if it isn't.

I'd love to see the breakdown of that figure!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 pm

luvsports! wrote:well some sports have more money than others right?

Well that's why I think they are not serious about doping....In fact we know they want(ed?) to facilitate doping ...not making it tougher.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I hear LA is going to be interviewed by Oprah and he is going to come clean and admit to doping Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Veejay wrote:I hear LA is going to be interviewed by Oprah and he is going to come clean and admit to doping Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2033450363

You got the first part right! Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2033450363

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Veejay wrote:I hear LA is going to be interviewed by Oprah and he is going to come clean and admit to doping Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2033450363

Are you trying to say that he is still denying it? Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 563610107 Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2786941968 Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 84120743

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Are you trying to say that he is still denying it? Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 563610107 Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2786941968 Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 84120743

Yes,and his fans are also still denying it..many are claiming he is the victim of a witch hunt and was set up.. Laugh
LA wants to do triathlones so he will have to come clean before he is allowed to compete

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Veejay wrote:

Yes,and his fans are also still denying it..many are claiming he is the victim of a witch hunt and was set up.. Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2033450363
LA wants to do triathlones so he will have to come clean before he is allowed to compete

that sounds very familiar Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 123628122

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Yes,and his fans are also still denying it..many are claiming he is the victim of a witch hunt and was set up.. Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 2033450363

that sounds very familiar Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 123628122

Kinda forgone conclusion to how they will react the day El Toro gets matadored

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Wooffie will be fine, she's already got a "Feli watch" going for a while, I'm worried about Amri though ...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Wooffie will be fine, she's already got a "Feli watch" going for a while, I'm worried about Amri though ...

I wouldnt worry about Amri,he seems to believe his own lies so Im sure he will be ok...

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 am

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 am

ye i heard that yesterday but waht im interested to know is what he actually said!
hurry up thursday!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:40 am

I think the ultimate cheats here are teh sponsors. They choose who they want to win and make sure that persons turns into an idol. They don;t only design athletes' outfits, they design champions too.

Nike (which means victory in Greek) is probably the worst offender!...and let's not forget they ruled the ATP during Nadal's best years.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 am

Tenez wrote:I think the ultimate cheats here are teh sponsors. They choose who they want to win and make sure that persons turns into an idol. They don;t only design athletes' outfits, they design champions too.

Nike (which means victory in Greek) is probably the worst offender!...and let's not forget they ruled the ATP during Nadal's best years.

I wonder what UNIQLO means Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I think the ultimate cheats here are teh sponsors. They choose who they want to win and make sure that persons turns into an idol. They don;t only design athletes' outfits, they design champions too.

I wonder what UNIQLO means Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 1071211947

U Need Infinite Quads Lungs Ok Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am

seen snippets of the interview and my god how bad an interviewer is oprah, lance had her in his back pocket, absolute farce, nothing we didn't already know and the main stuff he still denies AHHHHHHH Grr

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am

luvsports! wrote:seen snippets of the interview and my god how bad an interviewer is oprah, lance had her in his back pocket, absolute farce, nothing we didn't already know and the main stuff he still denies AHHHHHHH Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 5 49141995

he,he it's called school of life LS, plenty to learn every day....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am

However he says that:

Asked if doping was part of the process required to win the Tour, he said: "That's like saying we have to have air in our tyres or water in our bottles. It was part of the job.

...and tennis is no different....unless, maybe, and only maybe, you have as much technique and talent as Federer, or you accept to be ranked in the low 20 like Llodra.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 am

Tenez wrote:However he says that:

Asked if doping was part of the process required to win the Tour, he said: "That's like saying we have to have air in our tyres or water in our bottles. It was part of the job.

...and tennis is no different....unless, maybe, and only maybe, you have as much technique and talent as Federer, or you accept to be ranked in the low 20 like Llodra.

What would be more efficient in solving the doping problem: ridiculous zero tolerance controlling or turning the tour into what it looked like in its early days: wooden racquets and fast grass everywhere.
Or stg else...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 am

IM so angry its untrue!
so goes the future of cycling.....

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am

luvsports! wrote:IM so angry its untrue!
so goes the future of cycling.....

Welcome to the real world LS, where people lie, stab you in the back, just so they can have a few more pennies in their pocket.
You can thank the power of modern media for keeping you believe the dream this long!
Everyone has a choice to wake up or not.
I admit it's hard to do it, esp when it's something you love so much, it's actually heart-breaking.
It's only natural you hate those who keep lying and denying and ruining/destroying something you love.

Some say tennis is rotten to the bone, I'm struggling to accept it at the moment as I don't know how I can cope with it to be honest.
If I knew players were doping, my conscience would not allow me to watch a single match any more. So I am waiting and hoping that something changes soon, and this Fuentes case could be the beginning. A very faint hope, but better than no hope.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 am

it was just the promise that he would TELL ALL, the chance to restructure cycling, get rid of the UCI, start a new, a new dawn for clean cycling.

This interview for me is just the biggest let down.
I was never an armstrong fan 2bh I mean I only got into cycling in 08 but when he returned in 09 I didn't support him.

He had oprah in his back pocket, it was a nice stroll in the park for him, he needs to go under oath, be grilled properly not just this farcical cakewalk interview.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:44 am

He,he, just thought I'd throw this one in for light entertainment....just to take the edge off the pain

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lance-armstrong-and-celebrities-who-confessed-1542945

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum