Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
draw - US Open draw EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
draw - US Open draw EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
draw - US Open draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
draw - US Open draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
draw - US Open draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
draw - US Open draw EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
draw - US Open draw EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
draw - US Open draw EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
draw - US Open draw EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US Open draw

+2
Tenez
truffin1
6 posters

Go down

draw - US Open draw Empty US Open draw

Post by truffin1 Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Djokovic looks to have a tough path---  Murray or Tsonga (Tsonga) in Quarters, Stan in Semis

Fed has Dimitrov in Quarters, Ferrer or Berdych.............    Fognini in 4th round,  2 huge servers in Groth and Karlovic in in early rounds... All in all though- his half is the easier on paper of the two.

Here's something interesting.. a poster on Feds forum posted around 30 minutes before the live draw that Fed had drawn Matosevic in 1st and Groth in Second... Someone pointed out the men's draw hadn't even started yet---  the poster said- a friend of his who works on the ATP had texted him with the info..........

The draw happens and sure enough that's who Fed gets..........Now someone suggested that non seeded players are done behind the scenes before the official draw and that's why Fed's opponents were already known before the "official draw"

So what do we have here? Rigged draw? or indeed the early rounds are done earlier and fairly...?

truffin1

Back to top Go down

draw - US Open draw Empty Re: US Open draw

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Is this now? I expected the draw tomorrow!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:08 pm

That's good for Fed. Karlo and Groth means little rallying.

Coudl be rigged draw to me. The US woudl love to have Federer in the business end...and even winning it!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Tsonga and Dimitrov were the ones to watch out for.  But Dimitrov imho is the 3rd best player in this years US Open.  That's a very annoying set back for Federer. Dimitrov could beat Federer.

Also the draws don't get rigged.  It's nearly impossible, because it's done in front of numerous witnesses and in a way that makes it too hard to do.

Anyway, apart from Dimitrov, Federer has a kind draw. But will that matter when he meets Dimi?

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Dimitrov is certainly not a threat in my book.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:08 pm

FedererKing wrote:Tsonga and Dimitrov were the ones to watch out for.  But Dimitrov imho is the 3rd best player in this years US Open.  That's a very annoying set back for Federer. Dimitrov could beat Federer.

Also the draws don't get rigged.  It's nearly impossible, because it's done in front of numerous witnesses and in a way that makes it too hard to do.

Anyway, apart from Dimitrov, Federer has a kind draw. But will that matter when he meets Dimi?

That's the thing though-  this poster knew Federers 1st and potential 2nd round oppoenents BEFORE the draw was done on live ESPN3... I was on the forum as it was happening. the guys posts the info-- people start saying that can't be right because they are drawing the ladies draw right now and the mans draw hasn't started yet..  The guy says a friend at ATP had texted him with the info- and that's all he knew....    Thirty minutes later- they draw in front of everyone the mens draw-- and Federer gets those exact opponents.........................    

Very well could be as some explained that the non seeds are slotted so the ATP knows who they will face, then starts the live real draw later...

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:19 am

Good draw for Fed.  Dimi the only real threat, but Dimi is not yet all that consistent and might not even make it that far.

Other than that, if Fed loses early, he only has himself to blame, as the rest of his draw is very friendly.

Much harder looking draw for Nole, but that could also open up - Andy is capable to losing to anyone these days and Tsonga can also be very inconsistent.

Fed vs Nole would probably be the most interesting final, but if it ends up being Fed vs Juan Monaco, I will not complain either.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:09 am

truffin1 wrote:Djokovic looks to have a tough path---  Murray or Tsonga (Tsonga) in Quarters, Stan in Semis
Here's something interesting.. a poster on Feds forum posted around 30 minutes before the live draw that Fed had drawn Matosevic in 1st and Groth in Second... Someone pointed out the men's draw hadn't even started yet---  the poster said- a friend of his who works on the ATP had texted him with the info..........
The draw happens and sure enough that's who Fed gets..........Now someone suggested that non seeded players are done behind the scenes before the official draw and that's why Fed's opponents were already known before the "official draw"
So what do we have here? Rigged draw? or indeed the early rounds are done earlier and fairly...?

This is what saddens me greatly when it comes to Nole: he plays against the odds, crowd, draws, British slam-draught, background, poverty...and yet he keeps smiling and aims to please.
Lendl had milder but similar circumstances, no wonder he kept that stony face all the time.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:09 am

funny, just after I wrote the above post I saw this clip...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:02 am

noleisthebest wrote:
truffin1 wrote:Djokovic looks to have a tough path---  Murray or Tsonga (Tsonga) in Quarters, Stan in Semis

This is what saddens me greatly when it comes to Nole: he plays against the odds, crowd, draws, British slam-draught, background, poverty...and yet he keeps smiling and aims to please.
Lendl had milder but similar circumstances, no wonder he kept that stony face all the time.

I remember Djoko having an extremely easy draw in a recent slam....so maybe all slams don;t treat him the same. In fact I think Federer has had terrible draws during most of his career...though he certainly made them look easier than they were.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:07 am

truffin1 wrote:That's the thing though-  this poster knew Federers 1st and potential 2nd round oppoenents BEFORE the draw was done on live ESPN3... I was on the forum as it was happening. the guys posts the info-- people start saying that can't be right because they are drawing the ladies draw right now and the mans draw hasn't started yet..  The guy says a friend at ATP had texted him with the info- and that's all he knew....    Thirty minutes later- they draw in front of everyone the mens draw-- and Federer gets those exact opponents.........................    
Very well could be as some explained that the non seeds are slotted so the ATP knows who they will face, then starts the live real draw later...

No wonder Toni comes out with statements like this (c&p-ed from the Toronto thread):

noleisthebest wrote:
truffin1 wrote:Brad Gilbert and Cahill were making a pretty good point that Federer was missing an advocate who would go into the TD and demand a better schedule. Their view is Fed is so easy going and likes to be accomadating to what's best for the Tournament business, that he lets them take advantage of it.  They even mentioned Nadal- that Toni and the team go to the TD and fight for better times while Fed just goes along knowing he's going to get slotted for whatever brings the most attendees and viewers..  which leads to being shafted.   They laughed that they couldn't imagine Edberg bitching at the TD the way Toni would.
Yes...this is what Toni said a few days ago:

"He might be short on match play but grand slams are always long. You start, and if you are lucky enough to have a good draw in the early rounds then you can find your form.
Rafa is not a beginner who needs many matches, he knows what he needs to do."

So many ugly things happen behind the scenes.
I am still getting over Nadal's cakewalk draw in RG.

I seriously think Toni gives ATP the wish list before the draws are made.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:43 am

Tenez wrote:I remember Djoko having an extremely easy draw in a recent slam....so maybe all slams don;t treat him the same. In fact I think Federer has had terrible draws during most of his career...though he certainly made them look easier than they were.

Yes, I remember those 1 or 2 out of 40.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:43 pm

@truffin1

From what I understood, only the seeds are drawn live, while the unseeded players are put in at randomn (supposedly) before the live draw. I had also already heard about the first round draws of Djokovic and Federer before the live draw started, it was spread via twitter. Don't think it would be worth it to rig the first round opponents though.

If the draws are rigged, it should be about the seeds and this particular draw doesn't look rigged to me - in fact it looks rather balanced. Djokovic might have a slightly tougher path, but Murray is in bad form (still bad match-up for Djokovic though) and who knows about Tsonga? Isner seems to be injured and anyway - draws never pan out the way they are designed.

If I had to give Federer the easiest draw otoh, I'd have given him a Raonic QF and put Berdych in the Djokovic half (which would make Djokovic task easier, admittedly, so maybe they just count on someone taking Berdych out before the semis which is not even unlikely. He got in-form Ferrer after all to deal with. Big Grin )

So, it seems very difficult to me to rig the draw in a major way because these players match up differently.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:32 am

Here is the projected path to the title for top 4 seeds.

Top half looking much harder.  I would say hardest draw for Djokovic, then Stan.  Federer and Ferrer look both easier.  I would say Ferrer's is probably easier than Roger's.

Dimitrov really the only potential real danger in Roger's draw, and even that only depending on what Dimitrov turns up.  Other than that, Roger will have himself to blame if he is not in the final.

DjokovicWawrinkaFerrerFederer
R1SchwartzmanVeselyDzumhurMatosevic
R2MathieuBellucci/MahutTomicRamos-Vinolas/Groth
R3Garcia-LopezChardySimonKarlovic
R4IsnerRobredoCilicFognini/Bautista-Agut
QFMurray/TsongaRaonicBerdychDimitrov
SFWawrinka/RaonicDjokovic/MurrayFedererFerrer/Berdych
FFedererFedererDjokovic/MurrayDjokovic/Murray

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 am

Unfortunately, given Fed's age, I am not at all confident...  I've seen Fed have way too many crap service games in the last few years.  I am hoping he can reach the final, but I am definitely not putting money on it.  Also, Berdych has been a source of frustration for Federer more recently.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:59 am

I am not all that confident either - but on an individual basis all of the matches up to the final are very winnable.  Yes, he is more likely to throw in a bad performance than he used to be, but he will probably need to do that to lose before the final - it is not a very difficult draw.

Berdych has been out of form lately, so he might not be as dangerous as he could be.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum