Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match!

+2
Tenez
noleisthebest
6 posters

Go down

5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! Empty 5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Were the words Murray shouted at his box yesterday.

"Photographers on Centre Court on Wednesday told the Guardian they heard Murray scream “Shut the fuck up!” in the direction of his box during the second set, at around 2.13pm. Then, towards the end of a tense match when standing beneath the Royal Box, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were among the guests, the snappers said he shouted: “Five minutes before the fucking match!”

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/02/andy-murray-wimbledon-grigor-dimitrov

My comment from earlier on:
noleisthebest wrote:I did not see yesterday's match, but am pretty sure Murray was injured.
There is no way Dimi would have beaten a fit Murray, esp in straight sets.
Murray can more or less do everything Dimi can, plus he is a better mover and has a superior BH.
Yesterday, I had my sandwich in the cool shade of CC gangway, and happened to unknowingly be sat outside Murray's box entrance.
The whole team walked past me: his girlfriend, physio, fitness and all of them looked usually gloomy and worried.
Even the tournament director walked  hurriedly three times back and forth with his live radio.
I reckon Murray was told to play because of fans and tournament, it would have been hard for him to give Dimi a w/o under the circumstances.
So I expect a comfortable win from Nole tomorrow.

Originally I thought Murray got injured, or his back seized up or stg but now....I am really curious to know what happened!

Is it possible that Murray got tested 5 minutes before the match?

5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! Ay_113520879

According to Wimbledon's website/video Murray and Dimitrov even managed to "duke out" the longest rally of the tournament....(and probably the ugliest, too!)

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/media/3655731173001.html

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! Empty Re: 5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match!

Post by Tenez Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:38 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Very interesting indeed. It probably meant he had to lose then. But I doubt they can be allowed to test just before the match...plus they would work with the tournament to save him.

Big conspiration but it would certainly explain his sudden drop of form...or motivation let's say.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! Empty Re: 5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:16 pm

With Fedal slowly but inevitably entering its sunset, I think Nike are now seriously and heavily investing into Dimi.
He has had surprisingly favourable scheduling this Wimbledon...to say the least!
How else can it be explained he played his R4 match on C1 and Stan on some outside one?
I also don't believe a word of this sugary lovey-dovey "romance" with Sharapova.
It's all manufactured and I hate it!

There 's even an article about the "advice" Sharapova gave him before his match with Murray...
http://www.kurir-info.rs/procitajte-koji-je-savet-sarapova-dala-decku-grigoru-uoci-duela-s-marijem-clanak-1447623

She told him:"Just do it (win)!"

Nike have been behind Nadal all the way...
Wimbledon director pacing in front of Murray's box entrance to and fro several times with his radio frowning. and worried is quite a clue, too.

Nole surely knows a thing or two about it from his last year's final...
Didn't Becker, who was "only" a BBC Commentator say: "if tennis was deciding then Djokovic would have won."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:22 pm

I disagree.  Dimitrov is coming to his full potential, and at his best on grass, he can beat Murray in straight sets.  Also, it's that kind of attitude that stopped me supporting Murray.

Last edited by FedererKing on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:58 pm

In my opinion, Dimi is an over-hyped scrambler, a SBH-er playing DBH-er's game.

His tennis is too complicated for someone with "potential".

His SBH is the worst of all current SBH-ers on tour, and his FH is potentially a weapon but he mainly uses it for rallying.
In my eyes he is a SBH version of Djokovic, except that Djokovic is a superior athlete and has a better BH.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

noleisthebest wrote:In my opinion, Dimi is an over-hyped scrambler, a SBH-er playing DBH-er's game.

His SBH is the worst of all current SBH-ers on tour, and his FH is potentially a weapon but he mainly uses it for rallying.
In my eyes he is a SBH version of Djokovic, except that Djokovic is a superior athlete and has a better BH.
Interesting that you compare him to Djokovic, as you just listed Dimitrov's negatives. Do you enjoy both their games?

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Is it possible that Murray got tested 5 minutes before the match?.
Very interesting indeed. It probably meant he had to lose then. But I doubt they can be allowed to test just before the match...plus they would work with the tournament to save him.
Big conspiration but it would certainly explain his sudden drop of form...or motivation let's say.

Nole was tested 5 hours DURING Serbia's Davis Cup SF match last year, i.e. testing started just before it.
I think it happens more than we think it does.
Not often, but when necessary ....

Did you see what happened to Serena two days ago (two days she was eliminated from the singles):

Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Polly 81 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:In my opinion, Dimi is an over-hyped scrambler, a SBH-er playing DBH-er's game.

Interesting that you compare him to Djokovic, as you just listed Dimitrov's negatives. Do you enjoy both their games?

Different people play similar games differently.
I love watching Simon's counterpunching game, but strongly dislike Murray's for example.

Nole's baseline game is honed to perfection: it's what it is and the man plays it with great intensity and resilience.
Dimitrov's game resembles Nole's but is a pale version of it: he is an inferior mover, his BH is not a weapon.
His FH is decent but his shoulders are not loose, so he just predominantly rallies with it, complicates points and makes them much longer than they should be.
He does not control the baseline nowhere nearly as well as Novak, he is often far behind it.

He needs a different coach, Rasheed is just a glorified fitness instructor.

I saw a bit of him vs Mayer in C1 on Monday and he looked ok. He is neither an attacker nor a defender, those players are the least watchable for me.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Ok, thanks for expanding on the point. I guess he will improve in that respect. His movement is already a lot better than it used to be. I was very impressed with him yesterday. Very much looking forward to their match up tomorrow.

Funnily enough, I'm also a fan of Simon's game but don't like Murray's!

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Very interesting indeed. It probably meant he had to lose then.

You know i'm the last one the rule out dope abuse in tennis but how does this work? Are they really saying: "ok, you failed the test, you better lose this match or else.."? And once he lost the match no one ever will hear anything about it? It doesn't make sense. And it would be so different from how it works in cycling.
Just curious

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Well, that's exactly what he needed really. A few years ago we were all complaining about the fact he had the shots but not the legs to pull it off.
Most players finally made a breakthrough once the legs were ready (Murray, Berdych, Dimi). Personally i'm not promoting more focus on fitness, but those guys don't have a choice

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm sorry, but this is a silly conspiracy theory. First of all, samples are only collected, they are sent off for testing, which would take a few days to get the results.

However, if he was tested (and only tested) it might have thrown him off a bit. You wouldn't want anything disrupting your routine. As things were not going his way during the match, he could have blamed anything really. Murray does tend to rant and complain during matches.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 am

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Well, that's exactly what he needed really. A few years ago we were all complaining about the fact he had the shots but not the legs to pull it off.
Most players finally made a breakthrough once the legs were ready (Murray, Berdych, Dimi). Personally i'm not promoting more focus on fitness, but those guys don't have a choice
Agree with that. Either one has Federer's grace and yet still needs to work or one simply needs to work twice as much.

Dimi is good but he certainly needs to work even harder than Federer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:09 am

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Very interesting indeed. It probably meant he had to lose then.

You know i'm the last one the rule out dope abuse in tennis but how does this work? Are they really saying: "ok, you failed the test, you better lose this match or else.."? And once he lost the match no one ever will hear anything about it? It doesn't make sense. And it would be so different from how it works in cycling.
Just curious

Frankly I don't know either. I (maybe we) am just speculating here. But if he gets tested 5mn before a match knowing he woudl get tested +, then he knows that he has no choice losing.
1 - The drug was to recover from injury (there are rules which allow for special treatment when injury be reasonably proven).
2 - Easier to negotiate a silent ban then. "I did not rob anybody's money as I lost anyway".
Again, only speculations.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 am

It surely is a very weird story.   5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! 759076010  When I heard about Murray's complaints I thought imediately of NITB's description of Murray's entourage.

Not sure it's about drug testing though for the reasons mentioned by GP. Could be anything, really. The cases where silent bans are suspected had the players know of the results before withdrawing with an injury excuse. And I don't think, they'd expose Murray of all people - sure he is not the most popular guy, but he means a lot in the UK.

Whatever it was, it really threw Murray of his game, never seen him like that, he made Dimitrov look much better than he is. I share NITB's sentiments about him. Not my kind of guy. Big Grin

Other weird occurences at Wimbledon:
- Serena's disorientation, where did that come from?
- Stan's sickness

These incidents made me think of sinister things.  5 Minutes Before The Fu*king Match! 759076010

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down