Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Miami Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Miami Thread

+7
Tenez
Daniel
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
summerblues
noleisthebest
truffin1
Polly 81
11 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Miami Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Miami Thread

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 pm

paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I hope so, too.
He played some very good points yesterday, but as soon as Dolgo showed his teeth, Berd withdrew and surrendered initiative.

He is a lot better than before, but I don't think he will ever fix that problem.

He can do it, I am convinced. If he had a bit lighther body, he would move much better. 90 kilos is too much for such a slow surface. I know what I say. I have even two more.  But if Stan could do it, Berd is not worse player.

I think those slow, cool conditions help him a lot actually. He can hit through this slow court without having to deal with a too zippy ball.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:We need a proper Nadal fan here asap!

Where is Wooffie when you need her...shall I hop over to the caramel eyes website and invite her? Winking

She will love Nadal's decline. Knowing her she will seize this as her chance to be her last and unique fan when everybody else will have deserted him. ...well I can picture both her and Amri fighting to be that very last fan of his!
You're getting excited like the Trojan soldier again.

Plus, true Nadal fans will stay by his man.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Good assessment BN about Milos.

I'd had some concern about that serve once again melting under pressure. His 1st serve % was poor under pressure, and the DFs which came on those crucial points also confirm the same problem: Composure under pressure.

Some young players are arrogant enough and have self belief, Milos is not like that unfortunately. JJ has less talent but more spirit for instance. It is something he can work on but like it's difficult to get used to Nadal's game, it is also very difficult to get used to those very crucial high pressure moments. Yesterday it was about beating Nadal, tomorrow it will be about qualifying for the slam first semi, then final then 1st slam and if those experiences are every time sanctioned by a bad experience (a loss) it will make the next pressure time even harder.

But like you I want Rao to do well...and I believe he can....he is after all the highest ranked youngster on the block.

Last edited by Tenez on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I hope so, too.
He played some very good points yesterday, but as soon as Dolgo showed his teeth, Berd withdrew and surrendered initiative.

He is a lot better than before, but I don't think he will ever fix that problem.

He can do it, I am convinced. If he had a bit lighther body, he would move much better. 90 kilos is too much for such a slow surface. I know what I say. I have even two more.  But if Stan could do it, Berd is not worse player.

I think those slow, cool conditions help him a lot actually. He can hit through this slow court without having to deal with a too zippy ball.

He needs to push Nadal far behind the BL, so the big slowness won't help him. Then Berd is fragile re wind. If he lose his FH timing, then the match can end up very quickly. The first 4/5 games say enough to see how the things can go on.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:34 pm

It's easy to hit hard and safely if the ball is not too lively. Remember Sod beat Nadal on clay on a cool and muddy day. Sod also beat Federer on clay on very similar conds the year after.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:So, now it is just up to Berd to give all proper tennis fans good match with a good result this evening. I am looking forward to see a damn aggressive and focused Berd in Miami.
Let's see Paul whether all you said about "new Berdych" happened to be true. This is the test!.....I am not counting my chickens Blush ....

Looking forward to it and very curious about his legs.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:We need a proper Nadal fan here asap!

Where is Wooffie when you need her...shall I hop over to the caramel eyes website and invite her? Winking

She will love Nadal's decline. Knowing her she will seize this as her chance to be her last and unique fan when everybody else will have deserted him. ...well I can picture both her and Amri fighting to be that very last fan of his!
You're getting excited like the Trojan soldier again.

Plus, true Nadal fans will stay by his man.
You think you are a true Nadal fan but when you will get a better understanding of tennis and what talent is...you will join us....unless you love Nadal for his look....but then again that's another matter.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Tenez wrote:It's easy to hit hard and safely if the ball is not too lively. Remember Sod beat Nadal on clay on a cool and muddy day. Sod also beat Federer on clay on very similar conds the year after.

It is important to get a grip of the match with Nadal, exactly like Rosol, Darcis, Sod, Stan, Tsonga and Nole have done it. Then Nadal lose his ground. Sod's move was better off Berd, especially on clay. Berd is due to his worse move  late on the ball on sides of the court, therefore he starts being passive. When Berd stops his aggressive game, it  leads to the early end.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Tenez wrote:
You think you are a true Nadal fan
Do you think I am?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 pm

So that no semi this evening. Berd gives w/o to Nadal due to his stomach trouble. Quite sad  erm 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 pm

That's terrible for the tournament....

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Tenez wrote:That's terrible for the tournament....
Sarcastic?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:55 pm

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!  Yikes 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:I am supporting Berdych then for the semi tonight.

It's all YOUR fault  Grr 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:I am supporting Berdych then for the semi tonight.

It's all YOUR fault  Grr 
Yes, I take the blame  ghost 

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Nadal has just tweeted he has withdrawn from the final, due to Amri deserting him as a fan in the SF.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Nadal has just tweeted he has withdrawn from the final,
Wouldn't make a huge difference to the result in the final anyway.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:

Does that mean you are going to support Nole on Sunday?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:

Does that mean you are going to support Nole on Sunday?
No chance, I will be fully behind Hector up against Achilles.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:31 pm

For those who missed it, these are the highlights of the men's tennis action today:

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:19 am

There should be lucky loser in the main draw too. Why should it all be spoiled for the fans who paid good money and spent time to get there only to be sent back.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:20 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:There should be lucky loser in the main draw too. Why should it all be spoiled for the fans who paid good money and spent time to get there only to be sent back.

It's a good idea. They do that in the London' WTF. Best would be the loser of the players in the previous round play the opposite seed.

So for instance in that case, Rao would play Djoko and Murray would play Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:48 am

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:  I can't believe I am saying it, but Dolgopolov needs to be more aggressive!
Berd is handling all his rallying BHs  with ease and returning them with interest on this slow courts, Dolgo playing right into his hitting zone...wind is not helping either...

At the time, I had found Dolgopolov's tennis really odd, hence my comment.
However, his post match interview threw some very interesting light on why his aggression was so pale during the first set, like he was playing on fumes and could summon it only when he was a set down, and struggled to keep it going even then.

"The whole tournament here, my concentration was going up and down, up and down. . .Today I was again really tired and disconcentrated. I had my chances, but I gave away too many points. So it's been a tournament like that. I knew it was going to be tough because I played too much tournaments straight.
I don't have too much emotions now. I just want to get away from the ball and the court and the tournaments for some time. . . walking out for the match I wanted to sleep and I was completely somewhere out there."

Quite an insight into how draining a full-on aggressive style he plays is. The sheer adrenaline takes quite a bit of a toll on a player not just mentally, but physically as well, even during a match.
That can explain why Becker said Nole is exhausted. He really looks and plays like a tired man atm, although he appears to be very fit.
Tough sport, tennis...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Yes Dolgo did have a few strange matches in MIami....but regardless he would have done better v Nadal than a Berdych w.o. .

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Dolgopolov has Gilbert's Syndrome.

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 am

Here's a conspiracy theory to spice up the final:  Cool 

Although it was Nishikori who announced his w/o first just an hour before the match , (and logically so since it was the first SF), Berdych actually had food poisoning/virus that kept him throwing up/visiting the toilet all day.
He knew he wasn't going to be able to play his match long before he announced it, well before even Nishikori did.
Camp Nole could have easily found about Berd's illness through Vajda.

Nadal's chances would have been significantly increased in the final had Nole have to play a probably quite exhausting match against Nishi.

With Kei and Nole both being sponsored by Japanese UNIQLO, how about they did their homework and pulled a nice one over team Nike this time?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 am

mikeyM1000 wrote:Dolgopolov has Gilbert's Syndrome.

Yes, true but I thought the symptoms were negligible, especially with today drugs...obviously not.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:30 am

noleisthebest wrote:Here's a conspiracy theory to spice up the final:  Cool 

Although it was Nishikori who announced his w/o first just an hour before the match , (and logically so since it was the first SF), Berdych actually had food poisoning/virus that kept him throwing up/visiting the toilet all day.
He knew he wasn't going to be able to play his match long before he announced it, well before even Nishikori did.
Camp Nole could have easily found about Berd's illness through Vajda.

Nadal's chances would have been significantly increased in the final had Nole have to play a probably quite exhausting match against Nishi.

With Kei and Nole both being sponsored by Japanese UNIQLO, how about they did their homework and pulled a nice one over team Nike this time?

That's certainly interesting!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Quite an important match tonight, both players would want to win it badly.
If Nole loses, he is going to make his life during clay season very difficult.
If he wins, he'll be starting any potential encounter against Nadal  at least as an equal.
I have only seen a few points of Nadal in Miami (vs Fognini, in which he didn't have to do anything, Fognini combusted), so no idea how he has been playing; the double faults that have started creeping into his important games are a sign he is beginning to fatigue both physically and mentally.

Nole does not look physically as strong as in 2011 & 12. He has not been stretched in Miami, so difficult to tell how much he has kept in reserve for Nadal.
Even against Murray, I could see he was relieved Murray chose to counterpunch passively.
If Nadal starts all guns blazing we can have a very interesting match.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Quite an important match tonight, both players would want to win it badly.
If he wins, he'll be starting any potential encounter against Nadal  at least as an equal.
I have only seen a few points of Nadal in Miami (vs Fognini, in which he didn't have to do anything, Fognini combusted), so no idea how he has been playing; the double faults that have started creeping into his important games are a sign he is beginning to fatigue both physically and mentally.

Nole does not look physically as strong as in 2011 & 12. He has not been stretched in Miami, so difficult to tell how much he has kept in reserve for Nadal.
Even against Murray, I could see he was relieved Murray chose to counterpunch passively.
 indeed a very important match. Could decide how the upcoming clay season is going to be.

Djokovic needs to cut down on those UEs, and start off quick off the blocks. Else Nadal will take it too far from him. Nadal will play many DTL FH shots, that has given him good success last year against him.

Lots of long rallies.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Quite an important match tonight, both players would want to win it badly.

indeed a very important match. Could decide how the upcoming clay season is going to be.

Djokovic needs to cut down on those UEs, and start off quick off the blocks. Else Nadal will take it too far from him. Nadal will play many DTL FH shots, that has given him good success last year against him.

Lots of long rallies.

Yes, Nole needs to kick off his game from the beginning and take a grip of that match early. To play three winners in a row and Nadal takes a MTO. I believe in Nole. Hopefully there is no strong wind.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:08 pm

The funny thing is people saying (not on this forum... but I've read it elsewhere) how this match favours Djokovic more than the potential matches in the clay season etc...

LOL
I'm afraid that's just complete nonsense, there is virtually no difference between Nadal vs Djokovic on hard courts and Nadal vs Djokovic on clay.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
NITB, you have nothing to worry about, honestly go to Waitrose and start pre-ordering some champagnes for tonight.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Good Luck Nole

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I have only seen a few points of Nadal in Miami (vs Fognini, in which he didn't have to do anything, Fognini combusted), so no idea how he has been playing
From what I have seen, he is about his average.  He is playing quite well, very consistent, but not as good as during some stretches last year.  If Nole plays well, I would make Nole the favorite but I have not seen Bole this week.  Last week he did not look that good in spite of winning IW.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:NITB, you have nothing to worry about, honestly go to Waitrose and start pre-ordering some champagnes for tonight.
If nitb were to order champagne for every time Nole wins a Master 1000 she would be constantly drunk.  I do hope she gets to enjoy some champagne after the RG this year.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:01 pm

I cannot believe those planes and copters circling around the courts!!!! It's every year the same thing. How can they allow that? It's absurd!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 pm

I got the time wrong Yikes !!!!!

Just started watching at 2:2, and from what I've seen, there is no physical decline on either side, at all.
I am relieved Nole's BH is looking good.

IDEMO NOLE! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:10 pm

What a great game from Nole, I haven't seen him play so well in ages!!! Somersault Somersault Somersault 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:13 pm

summerblues wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:NITB, you have nothing to worry about, honestly go to Waitrose and start pre-ordering some champagnes for tonight.
If nitb were to order champagne for every time Nole wins a Master 1000 she would be constantly drunk.  I do hope she gets to enjoy some champagne after the RG this year.
I tell you what,SB, during 2011, merlot was inserious demand every Sunday  redwine 
In fact, I'm going to have. Glass of rose right now!!!

Cheers everyone  Big Grin 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Nadal trying to be aggressive but not used to it so pays the price with UEs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Nadal way past it.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:The funny thing is people saying (not on this forum... but I've read it elsewhere) how this match favours Djokovic more than the potential matches in the clay season etc...

LOL
I'm afraid that's just complete nonsense, there is virtually no difference between Nadal vs Djokovic on hard courts and Nadal vs Djokovic on clay.

Agree actually....if anything it's the opposite.

Actually on clay Djoko can lose his feel more easily than on HC...that's the only difference maybe.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Nice first set.  Nole looking quite solid.  If he can keep the same level throughout, he should win.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Great 1st set from Nole (I just saw two games, in between typing here, making coffee and pouring rose Laugh )

Nadal's shots are so juiced, I dread to think what his FH would be like of he took it early, his BH has improved a lot since 2011

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I have only seen a few points of Nadal in Miami (vs Fognini, in which he didn't have to do anything, Fognini combusted), so no idea how he has been playing
From what I have seen, he is about his average.  He is playing quite well, very consistent, but not as good as during some stretches last year.  If Nole plays well, I would make Nole the favorite but I have not seen Bole this week.  Last week he did not look that good in spite of winning IW.

Nadal was playing his best v Istomin and a couple others....at least as good as last year. The difference is that Djoko plays considerably better than last year...after an average start to the season.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
NITB, you have nothing to worry about, honestly go to Waitrose and start pre-ordering some champagnes for tonight.

Amri, if Nole wins RG, I'll get drunk, I'll have the whole bottle of champagne!!!
I have never been drunk in my entire life btw  Blush 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Nadal doing the car's screen-whippers at the back of the court. It's almost painful to watch. Humiliating, especially for a number 1!!! which some wish to call GOAT. Blush 

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Nadal's lack of real talent is hilighted here. He plays further back so has more time to see and hits a slower ball, uses bigger margins than Nole, yet makes more UEs.

JS what is Nadal's talent? I want a clear explanation.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next