Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray)

3 posters

Go down

federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) Empty Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray)

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Roger Federer:
"I've done and lived the most with him [Nadal]. From five-set matches on court, to promoting a tournament in Qatar, to doing foundation work together in the 'Match for Africa'. And I've gone to dinners with him.
"I know his family the best, as well. I know his mum, dad and sister. Yeah, our bond goes further back than the one I have with Novak or Andy. And for that reason I feel closest and most connected to Rafa."

I think it's fantastic that two of the greatest players in history have such a great rivalry with each other, and also get on so well together.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) Empty Re: Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray)

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:08 pm

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray) Empty Re: Federer: 'I feel closest and most connected to Rafa' (compared to other rivals such as Djokovic and Murray)

Post by truffin1 Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:13 pm

When was that said? recent?  Classy stuff as always from Federer.

I saw a quote from Djokovic a while back that someone posted on Federer's website when he was asked if Federer and Nadal were close off court and he basically said "somewhat" but the whole answer kind of came off as him saying it was more fake marketing hype than anything..  I'll try to dig up the quote.

There is a youtube video of Nadals mom and dad hugging and congratulating Federer in the hallway outside his dressing room after he beat Nadal for the WTF title a few years ago- there seemed to be genuine warmth there from both parties.

Edit- I see you beat me to the video... notice when Federer looks at the Hollywood actor, I forget his name too, and clearly has no idea who he is.lol

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:16 pm

truffin1 wrote:
There is a youtube video of Nadals mom and dad hugging and congratulating Federer in the hallway outside his dressing room after he beat Nadal for the WTF title a few years ago- there seemed to be genuine warmth there from both parties.
Snap! Posted that earlier smiley

truffin1 wrote:When was that said? recent?  Classy stuff as always from Federer.
Nadal and Federer seem to get on well. Yes it was very recent this quote, from espn.

I saw a quote from Djokovic a while back that someone posted on Federer's website when he was asked if Federer and Nadal were close off court and he basically said "somewhat" but the whole answer kind of came off as him saying it was more fake marketing hype than anything..  I'll try to dig up the quote.
Djokovic himself has had some personal battles with Federer; and Djokovic's dad was pretty scathing of both Federer and Nadal last year in an interview.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:45 pm

yes of course and I expect the relation to even improve with time as both have had their most intense years while fighting against each other and when the dust settles they will (certainly should be) found of those years. But it's the events that created that. Had it been Djoko or Murray instead of Nadal, the bond would have formed then. The fact is Federer only had Nadal as a rival the others were just scrapping what they could.

But I also rememeber having read that Federer said recently that he would not go on hols with Nadal so there is indeed a lot of marketing behind all that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Tenez wrote:
But I also rememeber having read that Federer said recently that he would not go on hols with Nadal so there is indeed a lot of marketing behind all that.
Where did he say that?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

can't remember but he did a few months ago.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:59 pm

I've checked it on google and can't find any signs of it.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:I've checked it on google and can't find any signs of it.
This is the quote I believe-- It was just a throwaway line in a press conference last year, but some article is using it today as if he just said it to create a story about Federer thinking the top players are too nice to each other...

Federer said: "I'm not sure how close we are as friends. I'll be interested how much we'll stay in touch once everything is said and done and we're off the circuit. We're not going to dinner, if you know what I mean."

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/288295.html#S8qKh39QCo2T88RK.99
=35716&tx_mmforum_pi1[quote]=5419388]Quote

For all of Djokovic snipes lately- and his family especially- Federer has some nice words for him as well this week.. Even nice words to say about Berdych as  "really relaxed and laid back when I see him off the court"     So it seems Federer is continuing the "be nice" trend.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 pm

truffin1 wrote:....For all of Djokovic snipes lately- and his family especially- Federer has some nice words for him as well this week.. Even nice words to say about Berdych as  "really relaxed and laid back when I see him off the court"     So it seems Federer is continuing the "be nice" trend.

Yes but according to Toni, Federer (I believe he refers to him) is not as nice and friendly as he looks whereas Nadal is the real deal! (ref NITB's sourced it)

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:06 am

Not sure if Toni has said that, but honestly he should keep quiet at times. Nadal actually is much more intelligent when it comes to interviews than loudmouth Toni.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:22 am

But it's Toni that Nadal listens to after every point!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:43 am

Simply not true.
What is it you think Toni tells Rafa, 'serve to his backhand' 'come on rafael how about hitting a high topspin forehand to his single hander' 'let's go nadal, scratch your ass for 40 seconds before serving, moonball into the heavens, and then randomly scream vamos when he shanks one into the crowd after a 50 shot rally'

Look, I asked people on here to even name 2% of matches where Toni's been doing on court coaching, and I don't think we even got to 8 matches altogether, we didn't even reach the 2% threshold.
And when during Wimbledon a few years ago Nadal was penalised, Toni was basically just shouting words of encouragement 'get in Rafa, don't let him off' etc. (in Catalan, not Spanish as some people think). Honestly the tactics are all pre-planned, the problem is Toni gets too vocal in support and that by the rules is coaching.
I mean let me put it this way, if Toni shouted what I did during Nadal matches when I'm in the stadium, he would get penalised every match; but I don't shout tactics simply encouragement and urging Nadal on.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum