Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What now for Roger?
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:35 pm by DEC1M8

» Slam chase
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 pm by Tenez

» Generation Worthless
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 pm by mcekovic

» Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Wimbledon seeding is disrespectful, says Rafael Nadal
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 1:15 pm by barrystar

» Women final
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:54 pm by bogbrush

» Wimbledon Day 11, Friday 12th July
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm by paulcz

» Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm by Tenez

» Wimbledon Day 10, Thursday 11th July
ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:19 pm by Jahu

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by summerblues on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:41 am

Tenez wrote:A very good week for SHBH so far....therefore a good week for tennis.
Indeed. Roger beating Nole, Grigor beating Andy, and not so long ago Stan beating Rafa - it has been a good year so far smiley

I have Grigor penciled in for top 10 at least - but maybe even some nice further push within top 10 - this year. Fingers crossed but he is so far living up to my hopes for him.

I watched the first set and it looked like Grigor was unable to really hurt Andy, no matter what he tried, so I expected a relatively straightforward two set win. Then I woke up in the middle of the night to find out they were still playing and Grigor was just about to serve for the match, so I watched the ending.

Once again, he choked while serving, but I do not think it is a terminal problem. I think it is happening now when he realizes he is just about to do something big he has not done before. But I think it will go away when he gets used to winning. He certainly bounced back and played tough the next couple of games as well as the TB.

summerblues

Posts : 4706
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 pm

It can certainly go away...he will have to gain that confidence. Some are born with it, almost naturally, like Becker for instance, often boarding with arrogance even. Federer lost quite a few close matches before getting to that stage but he had already in him this ability, very young, to deliver while "ignoring" pressure. Very obvious when he played Pete at Wimbledon. Grigor has not got that....but it's physically so tough out there that it's much harder for him that it was for Federer where the physical side was lessened though even him was losing systemtically v the physical players of the time (Hewitt/Nalby).

So in short I also think that Dimi can get over that.....but chances are it will always be there or thereabout for the most pressure moments like in slams finals and so on.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Yesterday's match was of two extremes: a fantastic boost for Fed, and a very tough loss for Nole.
I enjoyed watching Fed volley very much, some of them were unreal.
Even the serve looked pretty good at times.
Despite the win and good play, I feel this osjust the beginning of his form and he'll start sharpening him game, esp BH really fast now.
I am really excited about the sprin/summer season now.

I hope Nole was physically OK, as he did miss some routine BHs and was unusually stiff in the legs in preparation for those. Same happened on his FH several times...

The match as a whole was pretty good under the circumstances, would love to see the repeat in the USO final.

I even saw a vit of Dolgo Anderson last night, Dolgo was unfortunately in the frustrating mode.

And this morning, so happy for Dimi's win. Still not a fan of his tennis as he seems to be scrambling more than ever, basically playing DBH tennis with the SBH. He has a decent shot selection and it's a shame they are not honed into a streamline attacking game.

Murray was painful both to watch and listen to, I was amazed to see him wait for Dimi's first serve 4m behind the baseline...

The final is now Dimi's to lose. 500 event - a great start for him!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by summerblues on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Good Luck Roger

summerblues

Posts : 4706
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:52 pm

BOSSSYCH.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Get innnn!

2nd set: Federer 2nd serve points won so far: 0%

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:11 pm

His first serve is doing brilliantly though for Roger, but on the second serve Berdych is just taking the ball early and is dominating Roger.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Too many unforced errors Tomas... back to 3-3

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Between Roger and Berdych...it's all down to federer being fit or not. Simple as that....bar probably their first encounter in Olympics.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Federer does everything better than Berdych when on form.....even better FH!

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Much better FH actually...more consistent, more precise, and deeper.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Daniel on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:38 pm

I can't watch any of it... Got to go out and been out all day. GRRR!

I see Dimitrov won.

Daniel

Posts : 3645
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yesterday's match was of two extremes: a fantastic boost for Fed, and a very tough loss for Nole.
I enjoyed watching Fed volley very much, some of them were unreal.
Even the serve looked pretty good at times.
Despite the win and good play, I feel this osjust the beginning of his form and he'll start sharpening him game, esp BH really fast now.
I am really excited about the sprin/summer season now.

I hope Nole was physically OK, as he did miss some  routine BHs and was unusually stiff in the legs in preparation for those. Same happened on his FH several times...

The match as a whole was pretty good under the circumstances, would love to see the repeat in the USO final.

I even saw a vit of Dolgo Anderson last night, Dolgo was unfortunately in the frustrating mode.

And this morning, so happy for Dimi's win. Still not a fan of his tennis as he seems to be scrambling more than ever, basically playing DBH tennis with the SBH. He has a decent shot selection and it's a shame they are not honed into a streamline attacking game.

Murray was painful both to watch and listen to, I was amazed to see him wait for Dimi's first serve 4m behind the baseline...

The final is now Dimi's to lose. 500 event - a great start for him!

Glad you watched it....though I knew you did. Winking

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Tenez wrote:Between Roger and Berdych...it's all down to federer being fit or not.
Are you sponsored to make constant injury excuses for Federer? Let him speak for himself in the press conferences.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:49 pm

It's such a shame the crowd is so partial!

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Between Roger and Berdych...it's all down to federer being fit or not.
Are you sponsored to make constant injury excuses for Federer? Let him speak for himself in the press conferences.

No but it's obvious that an average Fed is better than a top Berdych. So Federer losing those sets and matches v Berdych are simply down to Federer droping form.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Between Roger and Berdych...it's all down to federer being fit or not.
Are you sponsored to make constant injury excuses for Federer? Let him speak for himself in the press conferences.

No but it's obvious that an average Fed is better than a top Berdych. So Federer losing those sets and matches v Berdych are simply down to Federer droping form.
So why did you say earlier it's just about whether Federer is fit or not?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Fantastic tennis from Roger, deserved victor.

Really disappointing from Berdych, he's just knocking on the door all the time, but he can't open it just like last year.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by gallery play on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm

First title with the new racket. Well done Roj and his team.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Same thing. I cannot measure how bad his back or else can affect federer but again as we saw today Fed was all over the place for a set and a bit and then when he loosened up it was a one way traffic.

Love Fed's BH on those fast(er) courts and bigger frame.

This crowd is a real pain....Must have lots of French out there. It sounded like the FO on a Weds when the kids fill the centre court.


Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:21 pm

gallery play wrote:First title with the new racket. Well done Roj and his team.
Is that humour? Winking

It's Djoko who first congratulated Nadal...and his team.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Fantastic tennis from Roger, deserved victor.

Really disappointing from Berdych, he's just knocking on the door all the time, but he can't open it just like last year.

I thought Fed was pretty average for his standards.
Berd played well for his though, but his game is very simple, without much variation.
He has done well with it, and it's no coincidence he hasn't won anything big except that Paris Masters ages ago.

Lovely to see Fed win a tournament again, playing his B tennis at that.

That's one SBH title this week, with a good chance for Dimi in Mexico, as well as Haas in Sao Paolo.
Very exciting start of the season!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?
Oh no.. That only happens with Nadal.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3323
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:Fantastic tennis from Roger, deserved victor.

Really disappointing from Berdych, he's just knocking on the door all the time, but he can't open it just like last year.

I thought Fed was pretty average for his standards.
Berd played well for his though, but his game is very simple, without much variation.
He has done well with it, and it's no coincidence he hasn't won anything big except that Paris Masters ages ago.

Lovely to see Fed win a tournament again, playing his B tennis at that.

That's one SBH title this week, with a good chance for Dimi in Mexico, as well as Haas in Sao Paolo.
Very exciting start of the season!
Berdych has a good matchup against Fed, explosive server and powerful ground strokes. I also thinks he is mentally a lot stronger facing Fed than some others like Djokovic or Nadal. Perhaps his win at Olympics 2004 gave him that confidence which he still carries in their matches. But lacks some variety and also tightens at important moments. 

I hope Dimi can win tomorrow morning ( my time will be 8:00 AM )

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3323
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:58 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?
Oh no.. That only happens with Nadal.
I recognise your sarcasm, but I don't think that's true at all nor have I said so.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by truffin1 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Congrats Goat Federer!!   Federer's not 100% yet, but he certainly is building towards it-   It all hinges on his health right now. On a proper hard court like Dubai, Federer can still make it happen. 

Too bad now we have to turn to the manufactured slowness of IW and so on...

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Veejay on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:10 pm

looks like the swiss maestro could win another major this season!!  Big Grin

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 pm

truffin1 wrote:Congrats Goat Federer!!   Federer's not 100% yet, but he certainly is building towards it-   It all hinges on his health right now. On a proper hard court like Dubai, Federer can still make it happen. 

Too bad now we have to turn to the manufactured slowness of IW and so on...
It's a shame Nadal and Federer didn't play in a proper hard court in Dubai in 2006 when Federer was at his prime Sad

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Veejay wrote:looks like the swiss maestro could win another major this season!!  Big Grin
Yes, he's one of 3 people who could possibly win a major for the rest of this season.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by truffin1 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
truffin1 wrote:Congrats Goat Federer!!   Federer's not 100% yet, but he certainly is building towards it-   It all hinges on his health right now. On a proper hard court like Dubai, Federer can still make it happen. 

Too bad now we have to turn to the manufactured slowness of IW and so on...
It's a shame Nadal and Federer didn't play in a proper hard court in Dubai in 2006 when Federer was at his prime Sad

Not sure what that has to do with ANYTHING...    Nadal beat Federer on a fast court like Federer beat him on clay-- doesn't mean either could do it consistently against each other.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?


I am saying his form drops if he is injured! Isn't that clear enough?

Against Berdych he usually has so much margins that a loss can be explained by a loss of form probably due to a niggle. It's like If one day you beat federer, it's because he would have broken his ankle on the court. I am only using an extreme case cause you problem comprendo!

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:38 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?
Oh no.. That only happens with Nadal.
 Laugh Excellent.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:40 pm

truffin1 wrote:Too bad now we have to turn to the manufactured slowness of IW and so on...

Yes but that bigger frame is going to help him there too.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Veejay wrote:looks like the swiss maestro could win another major this season!!  Big Grin

Yes though I am still concerned with his fitness. The way he started that match for a set and a half....very similar as when he played Stepanek, Hewitt in that Sydney final and v Nadal in the AO.

I don;t think he is out of the wood yet....but the good news is that it seems, very much like during that FO and Wimbledon 2012 his body loosens up as the match goes on.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:47 pm

truffin1 wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
truffin1 wrote:Congrats Goat Federer!!   Federer's not 100% yet, but he certainly is building towards it-   It all hinges on his health right now. On a proper hard court like Dubai, Federer can still make it happen. 

Too bad now we have to turn to the manufactured slowness of IW and so on...
It's a shame Nadal and Federer didn't play in a proper hard court in Dubai in 2006 when Federer was at his prime Sad

Not sure what that has to do with ANYTHING...    Nadal beat Federer on a fast court like Federer beat him on clay-- doesn't mean either could do it consistently against each other.
Yes and Federer threw that match anyway. He was a set and a break up...until Nadal did his best to moonball and slow things down (Nadal's admission).

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?


I am saying his form drops if he is injured! Isn't that clear enough?

Against Berdych he usually has so much margins that a loss can be explained by a loss of form probably due to a niggle. It's like If one day you beat federer, it's because he would have broken his ankle on the court. I am only using an extreme case cause you problem comprendo!
Look of course his form drops when he is injured... but is it only when he is injured?
I presume from your answer that it is a yes?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?
Oh no.. That only happens with Nadal.
 Laugh Excellent.
I think the irony is lost on ROTLA, I have said that Nadal has lost many matches during his career which he has been both not injured and injured.
Tenez is the one saying Federer only drops form when he is injured.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Tenez wrote:
Yes and Federer threw that match anyway.
Real shame that, isn't it?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?


I am saying his form drops if he is injured! Isn't that clear enough?

Against Berdych he usually has so much margins that a loss can be explained by a loss of form probably due to a niggle. It's like If one day you beat federer, it's because he would have broken his ankle on the court. I am only using an extreme case cause you problem comprendo!
Look of course his form drops when he is injured... but is it only when he is injured?
I presume from your answer that it is a yes?

A drop of form from what? the days he is in the zone? the days he is good form? his average day? What's your point?

Mine is simple, fit Federer is better than fit Berdych.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?


I am saying his form drops if he is injured! Isn't that clear enough?

Against Berdych he usually has so much margins that a loss can be explained by a loss of form probably due to a niggle. It's like If one day you beat federer, it's because he would have broken his ankle on the court. I am only using an extreme case cause you problem comprendo!
Look of course his form drops when he is injured... but is it only when he is injured?
I presume from your answer that it is a yes?

A drop of form from what? the days he is in the zone? the days he is good form? his average day? What's your point?

Mine is simple, fit Federer is better than fit Berdych.
Let me put it to you this way:
-If Berdych beat Federer, how sure would you be that Federer was injured? From your answers so far it seems like 100%

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 pm

And if that is the answer, as you've indicated:
list the players who Federer could lose to and you wouldn't immediately assume he was definitely injured.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same thing.

So you think Federer's form only drops if he is injured?


I am saying his form drops if he is injured! Isn't that clear enough?

Against Berdych he usually has so much margins that a loss can be explained by a loss of form probably due to a niggle. It's like If one day you beat federer, it's because he would have broken his ankle on the court. I am only using an extreme case cause you problem comprendo!
Look of course his form drops when he is injured... but is it only when he is injured?
I presume from your answer that it is a yes?

A drop of form from what? the days he is in the zone? the days he is good form? his average day? What's your point?

Mine is simple, fit Federer is better than fit Berdych.
Let me put it to you this way:
-If Berdych beat Federer, how sure would you be that Federer was injured? From your answers so far it seems like 100%
20 to 1! happy?

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:18 pm

If my maths is correct that rounds to around 95%.

OK Tenez, which players could Federer lose to, and you would not be 95% (and above) sure that Federer was injured. So thus if anyone is not on that list, we can assume that if Federer beat them you would be 95% sure Federer was injured.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Federer demonstrated for 5 years or so that he was unbeatable by anyone bar Nadal on clay. The rest are little irrelevant facts.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:38 pm

But you think he's better now than he was in those 5 years?

So let me get this right, with the exception of Nadal on clay, do you believe that if Federer loses you are 95% sure he is injured?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by truffin1 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:48 pm

TENNIS.com ‏@Tennis · 57m
Berdych on Federer: "He's the greatest player of all time and he'll never give up and give you anything for free."

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:But you think he's better now than he was in those 5 years?

So let me get this right, with the exception of Nadal on clay, do you believe that if Federer loses you are 95% sure he is injured?

More or less. yeah.

In 2012 he creamed everyone when not injured or tired, he also creamed all of them in WTf 2010 and 2011 and only lost WTF 2012 cause very tired.

Nowadays he is a bit less hungry and pacing himself and more prone to his back problem, that's all!

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:But you think he's better now than he was in those 5 years?

So let me get this right, with the exception of Nadal on clay, do you believe that if Federer loses you are 95% sure he is injured?

More or less. yeah.

In 2012 he creamed everyone when not injured or tired, he also creamed all of them in WTf 2010 and 2011 and only lost WTF 2012 cause very tired.

Nowadays he is a bit less hungry and pacing himself and more prone to his back problem, that's all!
Wait, let's pause a minute, can I affiliate you to this statement as you've just confirmed:

'With the exception of Nadal on clay, if Federer loses any match, you are 95% sure that Federer is injured.'

Does that sound around right?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 pm

No not quite what I am saying. I am saying that Fed on good form will beat anybody....100% certain about that.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 500/250 Dubai/Acapulco/Sao Paolo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum