Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The biggest GS's final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever

+5
Daniel
SayonaRa
Tenez
noleisthebest
paulcz
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 Empty Re: The biggest GS's final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:37 pm

And surely if he was just using MTOs when he wants, he would have used some against Djokovic in those 7 devastating defeats in a row (which he came back well from, I must add).

Not in any of those 7 matches did Nadal take an MTO.

Perhaps an explanation is that his body is vulnerable to injuries given the style he plays, so he is more likely to need injury help?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 Empty Re: The biggest GS's final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm

No...just carry on....like Federer! ...problem is that he hasn't got Fed's talent so he looks completely useless without his fitness....that's why he acts, cries, and needs those MTOs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:50 pm

Both not answering each other's questions :P

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:50 pm

He wants go give himself the best chance of winning, pretty simple really.
I think better take an MTO than retire.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:55 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:He wants go give himself the best chance of winning, pretty simple really.
I think better take an MTO than retire.
Exactly...unsettling an in form Stan would give him better chance for sure. Getting on court coaching, taking extra time, taking supplements, all that would give him a better chance to win...Nothing new there!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:59 pm

I think most athletes will take MTO if they are injured and need a trainer.
Remember in those 7 losses to Djokovic, when he most needed them, he took 7 MTOs.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:22 am

Really nice picture, never seen a player with his coaches & the trophy like this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/normansweden/status/427449821083865089/photo/1

(I can't believe Magnus's comment below the picture, though! )

And another good one:

tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 Stanislas_wawrinka_australian_open_trophy_20140126_600_453_100

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:07 pm

LF, thanks to get it here, I had already read it before, but this is really good one.

I don't want to tease Nadal's fans further, but  this match wasn't about Nadal's injury at all. Let all true fans look at the match highligts again and look at his posture and face expression how the match progressed. That was the biggest comedy at tennis history.

Some journalists asked Berdych what he thinks about Nadal's injury and he just refused it. It is logical that no player is going to speak about that fake. That is exactly the same situation as it was with his 6 months break with his patela.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Really nice picture, never seen a player with his coaches & the trophy like this:

And another good one:

tennis - The biggest GS's  final surprise ever – Stan demolishes the biggest cheater of tennis in its history ever - Page 2 Stanislas_wawrinka_australian_open_trophy_20140126_600_453_100
No coach is going to tell anything about any faking injury. It is like speaking against Holy Script. Marcus is intelligent enough to know that.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Paul do you have a link for berdych's thoughts on nadal as you mention above please?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:00 pm

After the initial shock & disbelief helped by all the negative thoughts and talk revolving around Nadal's gamesmanship, the fantastic reality of Stan the AO champion is beginning to sink in, and it's just brilliant!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Are you more happy Nadal lost than Stan winning nitb?

I have to say I probs admit that for some of djoko's wins over nadal  Run

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Nadal's losses definitely have a huge feelgood factor.
My favourite two were Nole beating him in Madrid and Rosol in Wimbledon. That was sublime.
Here, I really didn't expect Stan to win, maybe that's why it took awhile for reality to sink.
Normally, when Nadal loses, that's the main source of happiness (sad but true!), but with this particular match, Stan is providing quite a bit of fresh optimism as well. He is such a nice guy and I am really happy for him.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:18 pm

paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Really nice picture, never seen a player with his coaches & the trophy like this:

And another good one:

No coach is going to tell anything about any faking injury. It is like speaking against Holy Script. Marcus is intelligent enough to know that.

It's one thing not to say anything negative, but a completely different one to go and say good things.

Did he really have to say this:
"proud of this team. Also great sportmanship from the Nadal camp. All good lads!"

I like the fact Berd refused to comment, good on him!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:31 pm

And to finish the Nadal saga...shame there are no more players with the heart of one and only Robin Soderling

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:59 pm

paulcz wrote:

LF, thanks to get it here, I had already read it before, but this is really good one.

You are welcome, Paul. Stan's match should be a good lesson for his highly decorated Swiss friend, Federer. Winking. It may be a bit late though.

paulcz wrote:I don't want to tease Nadal's fans further, but  this match wasn't about Nadal's injury at all. Let all true fans look at the match highligts again and look at his posture and face expression how the match progressed. That was the biggest comedy at tennis history.

Some journalists asked Berdych what he thinks about Nadal's injury and he just refused it. It is logical that no player is going to speak about that fake. That is exactly the same situation as it was with his 6 months break with his patela.

Thanks. I will leave the trench warfare to others. I have no interest in it.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I don't buy into those stats. One point would have been enough to throw this whole strategy theory out. It's about executing...foir Stan and everbody else when facing Nadal....plus continued confidence and execution over 3 sets.

Just an example....at break point at 5/3 first set, Nadal returns an average 2nd serve into the top of the net....Had that got in...it would have been back on serve and huge pressure on Stan to keep exceuting...

Easy to analyse numbers after the event!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2