Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon 2012 Draw

5 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon 2012 Draw

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:Yeah Lydian is quite crafty,but she should never argue with me when I brought the poor sportsmanship stuff up
That usually shuts every Nadal fan up,even Amiritia or whatever his name was

Veejay - I shut Lydian up at every single occasion too and that is the reason he left (or threatened to ) V2 (and 606 before that) 3 or 4 times and in turn that's the reason why Gav banned me....and probably you too. Lydian was Gav's protege cause he thought Lydian was a balanced and knowledgeable poster however badly he kept losing his arguments. It was the last blow when even Nadal admitted his extra time taking was the consequence of his style and not OCDs.

LMAO,she's one of those die hard fans who would still deny Nadals cheating even if he admitted to it
Im glad you mentioned this cause she got pretty annoyed with me on that thread about Nadals serve and then again when Nadal left the players council
I was wondering how all of a sudden this guy Gav who I had never seen or heard of up to that point suddenly started threatening to ban me
This is the problem most Nadal fans have,how do they shut everyone up.It seems the only way they can these days is to have the person banned or removed from the forum
I hope she joins this forum,lets see how tough and good she is at debating without having someone to remove the comments she cant address

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm

CommonSense wrote:As far as I'm concerned both Amritia and lydian are female.

Tenez, I gather Gav must be a rabid nadal fan? I notice rafa fans are out en force everywhere. They really assume nadal is going to win W.

Veejay, so what's the deal at ja606? Can you post there?

Nope not yet,I sent an email to ask whats wrong but I havent gotten a response back yet.
Im just wondering if Im not allowed cause my user name is Veejay Big Grin Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Tenez wrote:

Well if he says he is not then he must have a strong anima in him ( A Jungian term)! .

Pardon my ignorance, what's a "strong anima"?

I, on the other hand, have had just the reverse experience. I've always been (mis)taken for a guy all my posting history. Here on the opening chapter of this new site, I'm proud to announce that I'm a girl! :flower:

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Veejay wrote:

Tenez, I gather Gav must be a rabid nadal fan? I notice rafa fans are out en force everywhere. They really assume nadal is going to win W.

Veejay, so what's the deal at ja606? Can you post there?

Nope not yet,I sent an email to ask whats wrong but I havent gotten a response back yet.
Im just wondering if Im not allowed cause my user name is Veejay Big Grin Big Grin

Have you try using a different user name? :idea:

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 pm

CommonSense wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Well if he says he is not then he must have a strong anima in him ( A Jungian term)! .

Pardon my ignorance, what's a "strong anima"?

I, on the other hand, have had just the reverse experience. I've always been (mis)taken for a guy all my posting history. Here on the opening chapter of this new site, I'm proud to announce that I'm a girl! :flower:

You certainly got me there as well CS. I would have bet you were a He too.

Anima and Animus are 2 archetypes of our psyche. All men has a feminin side and All women have a man's side. The Anima is the feminin side of men and Animus is the masculin side of women.

Better explained there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Djokovic looked good in his opening game,a lot better then he did at RG
He has found his serve again
Federer is also looking in good form,he is serving really well

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Veejay wrote:Djokovic looked good in his opening game,a lot better then he did at RG

Comprehensive destruction from FEd-- one concern though-- notice how low mph his 1st serve was in the match? I only saw bits and pieces, but hoping he was just in "take it easy" mode agianst an overmatched guy................but I don't remember him taking so much off the pace before even in early rounds... might be my imagination though..

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:26 pm

TimRuffin wrote:
Veejay wrote:Djokovic looked good in his opening game,a lot better then he did at RG

Comprehensive destruction from FEd-- one concern though-- notice how low mph his 1st serve was in the match? I only saw bits and pieces, but hoping he was just in "take it easy" mode agianst an overmatched guy................but I don't remember him taking so much off the pace before even in early rounds... might be my imagination though..

I didn't see the whole match either,but in the 3rd set he didn't look like he was taking any gas off his 1st serve.He looked to me like he was moving well,so Im hoping this nagging hip injury is gone

Shocking news about Venus Williams

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Tenez, I'm 100% anima! Big Grin

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Commonsense,

that is a relief smiley!

I had the same problem on the old BBC 606 he,he....I bet you enjoye(d) playing sport, too.... :bball:

nitb, relief? From what?

Yes, I still play tennis and jog. I wait the whole year for the hottest summer weather to put on the tiniest tennis shorts (white, draw-string, low-waisted from Abercrombie & Fitch, :lol:).

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 pm

TimRuffin wrote:

So Tim, do you think he's over the injury? I'm happy to see him regaining control but still, one match at a time.

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by CommonSense Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Veejay wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:Yeah Lydian is quite crafty,but she should never argue with me when I brought the poor sportsmanship stuff up
That usually shuts every Nadal fan up,even Amiritia or whatever his name was

Veejay - I shut Lydian up at every single occasion too and that is the reason he left (or threatened to ) V2 (and 606 before that) 3 or 4 times and in turn that's the reason why Gav banned me....and probably you too. Lydian was Gav's protege cause he thought Lydian was a balanced and knowledgeable poster however badly he kept losing his arguments. It was the last blow when even Nadal admitted his extra time taking was the consequence of his style and not OCDs.

LMAO,she's one of those die hard fans who would still deny Nadals cheating even if he admitted to it
Im glad you mentioned this cause she got pretty annoyed with me on that thread about Nadals serve and then again when Nadal left the players council
I was wondering how all of a sudden this guy Gav who I had never seen or heard of up to that point suddenly started threatening to ban me
This is the problem most Nadal fans have,how do they shut everyone up.It seems the only way they can these days is to have the person banned or removed from the forum
I hope she joins this forum,lets see how tough and good she is at debating without having someone to remove the comments she cant address

I'd never believe lydian is a HE. Don't mean to sound sexist, but I doubt a male poster with real balls would run crying to Gav each time he's at the losing end of an argument. He'd want to fight his own battles himself, I think.

CommonSense

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh my god has anyone been watching Berdych/Gulbis match?
Berdych is out in the first round in straight sets...the same Berdych who Nadal beat to win is second Wimbledon

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 pm

TimRuffin wrote:

NITB and I saw the match live. Winking Was a great display from Fed but I must say I did not pay attention to the serve's speed. However I noticed again that the conditions were awfully slow (I am about to write a short articel about it). Was the serve'pace down due to teh conds maybe?

It's depressing anyway!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm

CommonSense wrote:Tenez, I'm 100% anima! Big Grin

You mean you have a negligeable animus! Winking

Women have animus, men have animas....typically anyway!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Veejay wrote:Oh my god has anyone been watching Berdych/Gulbis match?
Berdych is out in the first round in straight sets...the same Berdych who Nadal beat to win is second Wimbledon

Yes - I saw that one live as well! A very good match actually though it seems Berdych called the trainer at some stage. As much as I like watching live, I am not catching as much information as on TV cause on TV I know the rhythm and the mouvement of players better. Live you just watch the ball and can;t compare it with the many other matches you have watched.

There are things harder to analyse live than on TV and others easier. Difficult to pinpoint.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:Oh my god has anyone been watching Berdych/Gulbis match?

Yes - I saw that one live as well! A very good match actually though it seems Berdych called the trainer at some stage. As much as I like watching live, I am not catching as much information as on TV cause on TV I know the rhythm and the mouvement of players better. Live you just watch the ball and can;t compare it with the many other matches you have watched.

There are things harder to analyse live than on TV and others easier. Difficult to pinpoint.

Really really really high quality match,the serving from both players!!,and their forehands!!,incredible stuff from both players but Gulbis really impressed me today
The plus side of watching from home is that you can also watch several matches at the same time!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Veejay wrote:

Really really really high quality match,the serving from both players!!,and their forehands!!,incredible stuff from both players but Gulbis really impressed me today
The plus side of watching from home is that you can also watch several matches at the same time!

Yes. We saw the trainer come for Berdych at some stage...did they talk about it on TV?

Some amazing points from Gulbis indeed...including one he lost on BP in the 3rd.....thanks to a block reflex from Berdych.

Sadly NITB coudl not stay for this one.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Tenez wrote:
TimRuffin wrote:

NITB and I saw the match live. Winking Was a great display from Fed but I must say I did not pay attention to the serve's speed. However I noticed again that the conditions were awfully slow (I am about to write a short articel about it). Was the serve'pace down due to teh conds maybe?

It's depressing anyway!

I couldn't find stats myself, but it looks like his fans on Fed's official website forum have picked up on it. Lots of discussion there.. Here's some stats one person posted:

"HIs AVG. OVERALL serve speed in most Wimbledon matches from 2006 onwards has been about 117-120. His AVG. speed for the one down the T on deuce court has been 123-126. His AVG. out wide on the AD side has been 116-119. Over the past five years, he has been able to crank up literally a hundred + serves down the T on the deuce to 128+. He has served a dozens of bombs out wide on the AD at 120+. The screwdriver up the T on the AD is very difficult to hit as hard.

The fact that he couldn't hit one faster than 120 at all today is worrying (I'm hoping he is conserving energy), but I saw a lot of the same thing at Halle and RG. "

Considering he was down to 113 overall 1st serve avg does make you wonder. Of course, he didn't NEED to serve faster.

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Well we will find out soon cause I don;t think there is much we can conclude in this first round execpt that it's certainly more encouraging than the FO or Halle display....but we woudl expect that anyway.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Im just watching Murray,is it me or are the courts the slowest they've ever been,plus the balls are flying

Last edited by Veejay on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Veejay wrote:Im just watching Murray,is it me or are the courts the slowest they've ever been,plus the balls are flying

As I say on teh other thread, it's the slowest I have ever seen. And it's very sad cause I expected the organisers to spice things up a bit.

One thing for sure is that faster conds woudl create a few upsets in the top 10. In particular in the top 4.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

fed looked great again, and was dominant on serve, but no pace again!! I just can't put my finger on it. He looks fit so it must be a conscious effort to take it easy in the early rounds when he doesnt' need to, but as one comm said-- rolling in a 100mph 1st serve isn't going to do it against Djokovic

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm

TimRuffin wrote:fed looked great again, and was dominant on serve, but no pace again!! I just can't put my finger on it. He looks fit so it must be a conscious effort to take it easy in the early rounds when he doesnt' need to, but as one comm said-- rolling in a 100mph 1st serve isn't going to do it against Djokovic

Yes I was noticing the lack of pacy serve on the other forum. Completely agree that at that pace he will face fierce returns later on.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm

And the base in general is so slow anyway. PLayers need to hit the ball like donkeys to get it over the net.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Well that's a horse I have learnt to question his words. I tend to believe what he says only after the event is over.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Certainly but sometimes I wish he did. At least say a bit more. Cause he almost always end up saying something a month or 2 later or certainly allude to it.

I have leant to read between the lines with him. That's why I often get accused of reading what I want.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:56 pm

TimRuffin wrote:fed looked great again, and was dominant on serve, but no pace again!! I just can't put my finger on it. He looks fit so it must be a conscious effort to take it easy in the early rounds when he doesnt' need to, but as one comm said-- rolling in a 100mph 1st serve isn't going to do it against Djokovic

Maybe he's taking a bit of pace off for precision execution and accuracy,it was certainly very effective today as he served up quite a few aces
Fogninni is a quality player,perhaps grass is his worst surface,but he is an ok returner
I remember Roger did a similar thing in 08 when he was struggling with the after math of mono,he opted more for accuracy then pace cause he knew he depend more on his serve
Even though Djokovic is a great returner,I think precise placing will still be more effective then just clocking up the miles

Last edited by Veejay on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 pm

why would you want the opponents to know your weaknesses before a match.
-----------------------------

To psych the opponent out. There are reasons for either way. Murray likes to show he is in bad shape yet runs like mad and that p*sses a few players off. Nadal might like it cause he puts himself in the challenger's skin which we all know is his favourite position.

Federer wants to keep him for himself...but I suspect pro players can see it quickly and talk about it between themselves...though at the same time they are so focused on their games that they may simply not see it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by TimRuffin Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Brad Gilbert was so obnoxious on the US telecast before the match. He took the quote Federer said about "I'm dreaming about this title" and turned it into Federer is bragging too much, that he's saying he's the favorite, needs to let his tennis do the talking, etc.. Was out of context.. Gilbert completely ignored that Federer backed that statement up with "I know I have lost in the quarter finals the past two years, I need to do better. I'm just looking at it one match at a time, don't want to think about the second week" etc,etc....... so he's dreaming about winning the title! Isn't every player out there!?

TimRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Same here. Never liked his game and his commentary is on of the worst. I remember when he said that Nadal had the best tennis brain! :shock: ! He just forgot to mention that Nadal's brain is in his legs and lungs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 pm

TimRuffin wrote:Brad Gilbert was so obnoxious on the US telecast before the match. He took the quote Federer said about "I'm dreaming about this title" and turned it into Federer is bragging too much, that he's saying he's the favorite, needs to let his tennis do the talking, etc.. Was out of context.. Gilbert completely ignored that Federer backed that statement up with "I know I have lost in the quarter finals the past two years, I need to do better. I'm just looking at it one match at a time, don't want to think about the second week" etc,etc....... so he's dreaming about winning the title! Isn't every player out there!?

Talk about having a chip on your shoulder,Brad still hasnt gotten over '04 Wimbledon final Big Grin Big Grin
Even Rodddick has let it go...

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Tenez wrote:Same here. Never liked his game and his commentary is on of the worst. I remember when he said that Nadal had the best tennis brain! :shock: ! He just forgot to mention that Nadal's brain is in his legs and lungs.

Nadal doesnt have a brain,he relies on being coached by his uncle from the stands
Absolutely nothing he does comes from his own initiative

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Veejay wrote:
Tenez wrote:Same here. Never liked his game and his commentary is on of the worst. I remember when he said that Nadal had the best tennis brain! :shock: ! He just forgot to mention that Nadal's brain is in his legs and lungs.

Nadal doesnt have a brain,he relies on being coached by his uncle from the stands

Indeed but how smart is it to chase balls right and left and bring them back hoping for an UE?

That's when you realise some commentators, even past professionals, don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Happens in all jobs. Having said that Brad made the most of his ugly talent but often by using gamesmanship.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Indeed but how smart is it to chase balls right and left and bring them back hoping for an UE?

That's when you realise some commentators, even past professionals, don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Happens in all jobs. Having said that Brad made the most of his ugly talent but often by using gamesmanship.

No surprise then that some of the players he coached was juicing while he was coaching them
As for Nadal,the commentators obviously have never had any dogs as pets...tennis is not about mimicking golden retrievers!!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:15 pm

No surprise then that some of the players he coached was juicing while he was coaching them

-------------------------------

Yes I think doping was probably a big ingredient in Brad's coaching. The way he transformed Andy Murray (look at his brother Jamie) and got some tips from Michael Johnson too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Yes good match from Nole though I only saw the last set. I think Harrison will get much better in 6 months time and it will be even tougher then for those top players.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Tenez wrote:No surprise then that some of the players he coached was juicing while he was coaching them

-------------------------------

Yes I think doping was probably a big ingredient in Brad's coaching. The way he transformed Andy Murray (look at his brother Jamie) and got some tips from Michael Johnson too.

Thats exactly who I was thinking of when I said that..I remember watching Murray in his very first match at Queens against Thomas Johanson,the transformation was too good to be true
Murray's gym results under Brads coaching had Nandrolone written all over it

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next