Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nadal's Doping Confirmed  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal's Doping Confirmed

+3
truffin1
luvsports!
noleisthebest
7 posters

Go down

Nadal's Doping Confirmed  Empty Nadal's Doping Confirmed

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 am

...it's been even made legal...but that may not last for much longer.

According to Daily Mail:

...."It should be stressed that the latter process, which involves taking blood and then re-injecting it around the knee tendons, is now entirely legal and in widespread use. The latest research, interestingly, suggests one by-product of it is the natural production of performance-enhancing Human Growth Hormone in the body.

..The other is a running machine that encloses the body from the waist down and creates an atmosphere which lessens the pressure on joints. It has the effect, apparently, of making the body feel like it weighs 30 kilos less than it actually does.Research into its effects is still far from exhaustive, but is being added to. According to papers published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine this summer it may have much wider benefits to performance. Doctors Amy Wasterlain and Jason Dragoo found that Human Growth Hormone ‘increases dramatically within the first 24 hours after PRP infiltration’. They said that their trials had shown its effects can include ‘rocketing both anabolic and catabolic growth factor release’.
They concluded that ‘our observation of statistically significant increases in multiple growth factors over multiple days after local PRP treatment points to a real systemic effect that cannot simply be ignored.
The treatment remains entirely above board. It should also be emphasised that the restored world number one has repeatedly called for all drug tests under tennis’s increasingly beefed up anti doping programme to be made public, as he is fed up at being associated with an issue that has increasingly come to the fore in tennis over the past twelve months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2449179/Rafael-Nadal-How-broken-star-rebuilt.html

Coincidentally, Sport's Illustrated is running  an article on the same topic today:

According to papers published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine this summer it [PRP] may have much wider benefits to performance. Doctors Amy Wasterlain and Jason Dragoo found that Human Growth Hormone ‘increases dramatically within the first 24 hours after PRP infiltration’. They said that their trials had shown its effects can include ‘rocketing both anabolic and catabolic growth factor release’.
They concluded that ‘our observation of statistically significant increases in multiple growth factors over multiple days after local PRP treatment points to a real systemic effect that cannot simply be ignored.’
The topic is sure to be among those discussed at WADA’s World Conference in Johannesburg next month.
How much of a benefit this might be to Nadal or any other athlete cannot be fully known, the same as with what part, if any, it might play in the ability of some to recover incredibly quickly from gruelling matches and bounce back for the next one.
http://tennis.si.com/2013/10/08/rafael-nadal-knee-injury-recovery/

The cat is out of bag and it's a matter of time before the whole scandal comes out.

Nadal's Doping Confirmed  Nadal-480x238

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Nadal's Doping Confirmed  Empty Re: Nadal's Doping Confirmed

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:07 am

Binteresting!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

The PRP treatments have been a mask for doping for years..   VeeJay and I talked about this on Bleacher Report extensively several years ago...   See - when they perform the PRP it's known that HGH is going to elevate beyond allowable amounts in the body-- so the player gets permission or an exemption from the governing body to have the PRP done and not be punished for the higher amounts.. Now if it's all above board-- that's where it ends. the body naturally elevates the HGH- and sure it helps the athlete but it's all out in the open and the levels are not there long enough to make much of a difference..  What happened or happens of course, is the athtletes and their team take advantage of this window where they are allowed to have higher HGH and they also begin their doping regimen.   Now the doping levels are excused as being the natural byproduct-- since no one can know how high an individuals levels will go do the PRP.......   It's the perfect mask..   Many athletes in many sports have pulled this off, and I know specifically of a couple in boxing who did this in the early years of the technology and got away with it.  

The thing with PRP-- is many valid doctors don't even believe it helps a person recover.. It's a little bit of quackery or certainly unproven.... but somehow it performs miracles on athtletes that it doesn't on regular folk.. why? because the athletes are really doping while the regular folk are just getting the normal treatments.

It was clear from the timing and nature of Nadal's PRP treatments, and his impressive form that always followed that he was doing this as well..  VeeJay and I called him out on this years ago.  Sure- we can all put our head in the sand and pretend that somehow he and others are above it all- but anyone with a sense of clarity and a little knowledge of how the "behind the scenes" of sports works- knows what's going on..   a period of legal or approved doping in addition to the already hidden world of technology driven hidden illegal doping.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:09 pm

luvsports! wrote:Binteresting!
What, our resident doping expert and that's all you come up with!? Whistle

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:37 pm

That Frankenstein does everything possible for the win. No matter what people say to his demential behavour on courts or whether he damages his body. On the top of that there are so many identically dumb youngish fans, who are mad from their idol even if Frankie played with a shit on his forehead. That is no problem for Rafael Nadal and his unbelievably happy kids.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:40 pm

PRP is totally legal and I'm glad Nadal is using it, if I get the opportunity I will use it too.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm

PRP is widely used by athletes and after a WADA review was passed as legal and green light to use.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
luvsports! wrote:Binteresting!
What, our resident doping expert and that's all you come up with!? Whistle
I appreciate the handle, but veejay and it seems truffin know more than me about this stuff as this doesn';t happen much in cycling.
Sorry to disappoint but I'm just honest. LIke today i was criticised for being too honest for turning down a job due to offers lined up for me. Mum gave me an earful Sad.

What i do know about this is I think its a bit of a joke that this is allowed, then again WADA are a big joke, but what can you do? 
It's generally a good indication how the rules aren't keeping pace with developments in the field. PRP "supposedly", and i mean supposedly as this is far from certain, enhances tissue recovery, so does that mean that rafa was injured after all? Who knows. 

Also what is dodgy about this is that potentially you can include steroids or hgh in this process and get away with it possibly. I could be wrong but a toronto medicine guy called galea used this and consequently many baseball players were implicated as dopers under his service. 
A very tenebrous area to say the least.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm

PRP is legal and has fantastic effects for tissue recovery.

This a superb in-depth article, which shows the truth:
http://www.falloplastica.net/fp/pdf/prp05.pdf

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

truffin1 wrote:The PRP treatments have been a mask for doping for years..   VeeJay and I talked about this on Bleacher Report extensively several years ago...   See - when they perform the PRP it's known that HGH is going to elevate beyond allowable amounts in the body-- so the player gets permission or an exemption from the governing body to have the PRP done and not be punished for the higher amounts.. Now if it's all above board-- that's where it ends. the body naturally elevates the HGH- and sure it helps the athlete but it's all out in the open and the levels are not there long enough to make much of a difference..  What happened or happens of course, is the athtletes and their team take advantage of this window where they are allowed to have higher HGH and they also begin their doping regimen.   Now the doping levels are excused as being the natural byproduct-- since no one can know how high an individuals levels will go do the PRP.......   It's the perfect mask..   Many athletes in many sports have pulled this off, and I know specifically of a couple in boxing who did this in the early years of the technology and got away with it.  

The thing with PRP-- is many valid doctors don't even believe it helps a person recover.. It's a little bit of quackery or certainly unproven.... but somehow it performs miracles on athtletes that it doesn't on regular folk.. why? because the athletes are really doping while the regular folk are just getting the normal treatments.

It was clear from the timing and nature of Nadal's PRP treatments, and his impressive form that always followed that he was doing this as well..  VeeJay and I called him out on this years ago.  Sure- we can all put our head in the sand and pretend that somehow he and others are above it all- but anyone with a sense of clarity and a little knowledge of how the "behind the scenes" of sports works- knows what's going on..   a period of legal or approved doping in addition to the already hidden world of technology driven hidden illegal doping.
That makes a lot of sense. Isn't the glucose product Cilic got caught for also a masking agent for stg else?
It is no surprise then that this blood freezing suggestion has been blankly dismissed by ATP.
I still can't get over the fact that they ordered destroying those 200 blood bags in Spain. It infuriates me like nothing else.

Another thing that really, really annoys me is that ALL players on tour must know what is going on and yet they all congratulated Nadal on his fantastic year blah-blah, Federer even said he was happy for Nadal.
I get it that they have to put on the PR facade, but surely, nobody needs to go out of their way to congratulate the cheat.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm

He's not a cheat, PRP is totally legal according to WADA.
Infact he should be congratulated for his great legality.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 pm

It's the omerta nitb, the code of silence. 
Nobody will "crache dans la soupe", as they will be ostracized from tennis and widely chastised for being a whistleblower.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm

luvsports! wrote:It's the omerta nitb, the code of silence. 
Nobody will "crache dans la soupe", as they will be ostracized from tennis and widely chastised for being a whistleblower.
Code of silence/whistleblowing is one thing, but applauding the cheat is completely unnecessary.
Nole even went to give Nadal a hug at the net after the match but Nadal stayed back.
The players all voted for Nadal to get Stefan Edberg award in 2010.

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THEM ALL!!!!!!!? Angry

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:37 am

Good post NITB...and all.

PRP is only legal since Sept 2009....and explains Nadal's fantastic 2010 season.....and why Nadal always come back stronger after an injury than before.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 am

Tenez wrote:Good post NITB...and all.

PRP is only legal since Sept 2009....and explains Nadal's fantastic 2010 season.....and why Nadal always come back stronger after an injury than before.
I can't remember who was it, but some retired player said its easy to sight a doper by looking at the manner of their return from an injury. Nadal's returns from injuries are almost miraculous.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum